Star Wars: The hunt for Darth Maul (Interest check)

Started by Triggvi, October 06, 2012, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triggvi

This RP will be set during the clone wars after Obi wan’s second encounter with Darth Maul and Savage Opress. You will be a group that has been put together secretly by the Jedi Council to hunt down and take care of the problem presented by Darth Maul and his new Apprentice. Chancellor Palpatine in his infinite wisdom has decided to call off the active hunt by Obi wan for Darth Maul stating he feels it is a personal matter and Republic resources could best used elsewhere. The Council knowing how dangerous a Sith Lord can be with a criminal organization behind him, they can’t just let him go, nor can they officially go against the chancellor’s orders. They have recalled an enigmatic Jedi Master Lorenzo Kiran'Ko from his pilgrimage in deep space to lead this team of bounty hunters and smugglers and others to stop Darth Maul before he can rally the criminal organizations to his side.

I am very canon flexible wise. I am looking for the flavor of star wars over the ridged adherence to canon. If it is a Jedi power or item you have seen in the movies I am probably going to be alright with it. If there is any question about the powers or items just ask and I will be willing to talk about it with an open mind.

I am looking at this as mostly freeform. This game will be rules light and heavy on fun and character interaction.

The force:
In this game mastery of the force is about self-mastery and brutal honesty with one’s self. It is the internal battle between the selfish emotions (Fear, Anger, Pride, Arrogance, etc.) and a Jedi’s willingness to submit completely to the will of the force. The Jedi use there emotions to connect to the force they are not Vulcans. The stronger selfish emotions like fear, anger and such can make a dark Jedi feel very powerful and is a quick way to power, but at a very real cost to his body and soul and is ultimately self-destructive.

I will be taking what I feel are the five best character concepts for this game. Things I need are:
Name:
Career/Position:
Background: (of at least two paragraphs)

Enigmatic Jedi Master: Lorenzo Kiran‘Ko- A Jedi Knight that has been on a pilgrimage into deep space for the last 15 years. He was sent to find and learn from other Jedi Orders in hopes of uniting them once again with the Jedi Council. (Taken)

Jedi (Padawan or Knight):

Bounty Hunter:

Smuggler:

Communications Hacker/Splitter:

Open Position (non-Jedi):

Triggvi

Anna Katrine

Im quite intersted, tough I have not done any other group RP's before.

Kdyami

I'd be interested in playing the bounty hunter if no one else wants the role.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Triggvi

Quote from: Anna Katrine on October 07, 2012, 04:38:45 PM
Im quite intersted, tough I have not done any other group RP's before.

Welcome. This my first time running a forum game on this site. We have something in common. Playing a game like this is a lot less scary than it sounds. If you have questions or issues during the game I will have a OCC thread up for discussions and debate or even help if you desire it. Character creation is not that complicated. What kind of role would you like to play? What is the person like? What race is he/she? The Star Wars universe is filled with tons of alien races even humans. If you have any questions or need any guidance, I am will try and help as much as I can.

Quote from: Kdyami on October 07, 2012, 08:22:26 PM
I'd be interested in playing the bounty hunter if no one else wants the role.

Go for it. I am curious to see what you come up with. We can always have more than one bounty hunter in the game.

May the force be with you and not with Murphy.
Triggvi

Kdyami

Cool cool, I'll try and have something up when I get back from work so tomorrow morning early ^_^
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Triggvi

Quote from: Kdyami on October 07, 2012, 08:51:47 PM
Cool cool, I'll try and have something up when I get back from work so tomorrow morning early ^_^
I look forward to seeing what you have come up with. I will run this game even if it is just the three of us.  I just want us all to have a blast.

Triggvi

Anna Katrine

QuoteWelcome. This my first time running a forum game on this site. We have something in common. Playing a game like this is a lot less scary than it sounds. If you have questions or issues during the game I will have a OCC thread up for discussions and debate or even help if you desire it. Character creation is not that complicated. What kind of role would you like to play? What is the person like? What race is he/she? The Star Wars universe is filled with tons of alien races even humans. If you have any questions or need any guidance, I am will try and help as much as I can.

Thanks for the understanding and help. Id like to have a go at the hacker character if possible.

Triggvi

Quote from: Anna Katrine on October 08, 2012, 05:32:04 AM
Thanks for the understanding and help. Id like to have a go at the hacker character if possible.
Go for it. Write something up for the hacker just couple of paragraphs and we go from there. :)

Triggvi

Baalborn87

I'd be interested in taking the smuggler role if it's free.