[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

In your position, id take the last one, just for the sheer ability to stand out, theres a ton of us, and that makes it a challenge to mark yourself out as unique and interesting, which is why i went for a raksha instead of a lunar. The third image is very different from anything the rest of us appear as, and would serve to help distinguish you. Thematics are king in Exalted.

RSGAlex

Actually, Malfeas is the King, but I can see why you're confused. Great musician, great dancer. Who wouldn't think that Thematics were king after witnessing Bollywood ala Malfeas. :p
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

ChaoticSky

Re Z L

He's not so bad once you get to know him  ;)

totally not an infernal
A&A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Re Z L on November 21, 2012, 09:58:23 PM
He's not so bad once you get to know him  ;)

totally not an infernal
Hehe, Oh im sure, i have a adorjan/kimbery infernal stashed away who survives by provoking both her patrons love and running out the back door when they fight over who loves her more.

Dracorion

Yikes. Lots of stuff to respond to. Give me some time to get my shit together, guys.

RSGAlex

Nah, see the real way to Ultimate Favor is to somehow make Malfeas capable of reciprocating SWLiHN's feelings (ish) and therefore have the favor of both unendingly.

Well, then you die or ascend and things all get strange. Or become immortal.

Please wait warmly.

Dracorion

Tempted to include Infernals in this game, just so that we can have a Lunar moving faster than the speed of light.

RSGAlex

Just get three Lunars all with the chasing charm to run, one chasing the other, in a circle. :P

Please wait warmly.

Laughing Hyena

ChaoticSky

im wiling to admit that i would be tempted by infernals if they were a option.

Re Z L

Me too, though a mixed game with them can be peculiar since they come with a lot of extra baggage, kind of like Sidereals.
A&A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Re Z L on November 21, 2012, 10:52:29 PM
Me too, though a mixed game with them can be peculiar since they come with a lot of extra baggage, kind of like Sidereals.
More or less, but there are ways around it. Like rengade abyssals (against their will), a infernal doing their own thing can still serve their masters desires, and Urges are not always strictly malevolent or even incompatible with the goals of a goodly solar.

Dracorion

Quote from: AK47 on November 21, 2012, 05:42:10 PM
Is there still room for a Zenith?

I have a Zenith temple prostitute I made for a game that collapsed before it got off the ground (actually she's been in two games that didn't make it past the first scene, it's not my fault honest)

Technically, yes. Thorn is dealing with personal issues and asked that we give away his spot if someone else wanted in, so you can join.

That being said, we've got two Midnights already, so your Zenith would be the third of that character type. I'm not going to say you have to come up with another concept, but if you go for it, you might want to try and distinguish yourself from the other two.

Anyway, I'm afraid the Infernals thing was a joke, guys. I don't want to include them partly because I have a focus intended for the game that Infernals don't mesh too well with, and partly because I'd prefer to keep things relatively simple for my first game.

Finally, this thread about flat XP costs was brought to my attention. There is some merit to the idea, but I'd like to know what everyone thinks. Would you all like flat XP costs or not?

Hmmm... I don't think there's anything I forgot to address, was there?

ChaoticSky

Chajesdad

What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

RSGAlex

Don't care too much either way, honestly.

I might in the morning, but I'm going to say that my tentative going either way with this is fine by me.

Please wait warmly.

Re Z L

A&A

AndyZ

AK47, go ahead and take the Zenith.  I'll be dropping my Midnight anyway.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on November 22, 2012, 12:51:36 AM
AK47, go ahead and take the Zenith.  I'll be dropping my Midnight anyway.

Oh? Change caste...or quite completely?

Anyways nice pondering on flat XP and I second the notion to take it on use, it allows upragde WP after char gen in more reasonable manner (like; moving up from 6 or 7 would cost more than increasing your own essence twice).

AndyZ

I don't know.  I don't have any other really good ideas, and it looks like anything I made would just impede on somebody else.  I need to keep thinking on it.

Probably Twilight if I can come up with a decent idea.  LH doesn't mind there being a second since Twilight gives enough wiggle room for multiple.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Zaer Darkwail

Twilight would be good fill and add missing caste. Specialize into crafting/sorcery (which is traditional twilight) or become scholar/investigator (a less used approach). Both night caste and twilight could have been scavenger lord/treasure hunters before exaltation as they both share needed talents for such career.

PaleEnchantress

I'm for the flat xp.   (That being said It's not a big deal if we dont use it either)

As it stands Im finally done with the statistical aspects of my character (barring a single choice of charm or spell). I'm going to ask my other players for some advice/assistance here.

First just look at the sheet and see if any glaring horrid mistakes are there.

Secondly I want to make sure my basic means of attack is going to actually function (as in can it hit and deal damage). When I really need destruction the Widow will use nemissary possessed necrotech monstrosity or magic (specifically flesh sloughing wave at the moment). As personal attacks go though you might notice The Widow has no marks in any attack ability, this is because it uses it's tentacles to attack (a necrotech body part). 

The Tentacles of Rapture 

Strength 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 1; Charisma 0,
Manipulation 0, Appearance 1; Perception 2, Intelligence 1,
Wits 3

Athletics 2, Thrown 4, Stealth 4, Dodge 4, Resistance 2

Attack
Speed 7, Accuracy +1, Damage 7L (Piercing), Rate 1, Range 10

And Tertiarily, as I said I have one more charm/spell selection. I was wondering if anyone could think of something I should really have. I can lean necromancy as well as sorcery.  Also it's being bought with bonus points so if you think I need something else desperately I could go with that instead.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

As general question whom you hold a obligation? Your cultists?

Also in exalted combat you lack PD (perfect defense) which leaves you vulrenable. Meaning another option than PD is to go with high soak/health levels to 'tank' the damage. So far as I can see your soak is decent and have corpse-body to add health levels. But I would advice to get somekind physical DV increasing method, usually parry or dodge depending ability focus. As avoided hit is still good thing even if foe can only ping you (do 1 or 3 dice of dmg depending weapon they are using). But these are more for future investments as none can be bought with one charm (get resistance PD in form of 'perfect soak', it looks kick ass to blow yourself up in bloody gore and reform yourself after devastating blow and show no scratch).

I would myself pick presence excelency if you want anyway bolster your social ability and magnetism otherways than raw passive statitics. Also abyssals have nasty presence charms; if someone would defy your command (burn WP to avoid social fu'ed), they get instead health levels lost (and that is nastier effect and cannot be comprehended as it comes as unexpected attack on invindual but they get foreboding warning that defiance is going to be painful).