Caravanserai [Out of Character; Open to New/Old Members and Applicants]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Lol it's perfectly fine. 💝

The rest of the not allowed stuff can be done in the After Dark thread. Well, no raping or killing someone. 🙄 But if your character looks a little pain in their play, it can happen over there.

Kit Cat

Quote from: Flower on July 10, 2018, 07:48:20 AM
Lol it's perfectly fine. 💝

The rest of the not allowed stuff can be done in the After Dark thread. Well, no raping or killing someone. 🙄 But if your character looks a little pain in their play, it can happen over there.

Fortunately I'm only planning to murder language and occasionally stab grammar until it cries, so that will be painful enough for everyone concerned!

Jaclyn

So posting logistics question.

  I stamped my post June 6, 1920, 3:30 pm in sight of the Caravanserai within sight of but not arrived yet.

  Others are stamping theirs June 6th 2020, morning and some such.

  I would nominally stamp my next post June 6, 1920, late afternoon and include entering the reception area.

Question, ought I wait until others have gone from morning until afternoon to post? Or do we all just jumble time as needed for our individual arrivals and progress? I can see the staff getting all kerfluffled with sequencing and would prefer to avoid that.

Jaclyn

Question: when each guest has their rooms, are those off in separate topics or all jumbled together in this one? I believe the intent is this one because there's a location tag.

Related, I may add a tag to link to my previous post so anyone who chooses to respond can see at least where I came from and zero in on only replies posted since I did, to avoid having to scroll back and back and back and miss something.

Flower

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 10, 2018, 08:40:30 AM
So posting logistics question.

  I stamped my post June 6, 1920, 3:30 pm in sight of the Caravanserai within sight of but not arrived yet.

  Others are stamping theirs June 6th 2020, morning and some such.

  I would nominally stamp my next post June 6, 1920, late afternoon and include entering the reception area.

Question, ought I wait until others have gone from morning until afternoon to post? Or do we all just jumble time as needed for our individual arrivals and progress? I can see the staff getting all kerfluffled with sequencing and would prefer to avoid that.

Personally, I would maybe have her arrive around the same time as everyone else. This gives you more options to roleplay with other guests characters. Either way, staff characters will be there and ready to greet her.  This is your decision. You can always announce here that your character has an open scene and people are welcome to write with her.

We're perfectly fine with jumbling time lines so long as you're okay with it. Some people handle multiple scenes better than others. It is not required that you write more than one at once. If you do, just clearly denote the time in your post and all should be good. You guys have most of the day (early morning until 5:00 pm) to play with through multiple scenes (only if you wish it) until the first main event...which will be taking place around 6:00 pmish. :) 

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 10, 2018, 08:43:14 AM
Question: when each guest has their rooms, are those off in separate topics or all jumbled together in this one? I believe the intent is this one because there's a location tag.

Related, I may add a tag to link to my previous post so anyone who chooses to respond can see at least where I came from and zero in on only replies posted since I did, to avoid having to scroll back and back and back and miss something.

Yep. We're all playing in this single thread. This is why it is super important to make sure your tag header reflects the correct information.

You could add a scene tracker to your character sheet if it helps you keep your timeline straight.

Jaclyn

Thanks Flower! Helpful! Two follow-ons:

1) Suggest some sort of "Calendar of Events" (unless I missed something already done. The 6 PM event and writing to arrive (or not) in time is a helpful hint as I stagger down off my camel.

2) Do you have an example of what you mean by a "scene tracker"?

Levi

I have my own question to add!

How would we like to allocate rooms,

A. Just go through 1,2,3 and so on
B. Random number

If we go with b I think I'll make some sort of chart to show which numbers belong to who, so I don't double up on numbers!
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

RedPhoenix

I have no preference, as long as Becky's room is amazing! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Vicissitude

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 09, 2018, 08:08:14 PM
Un grand merci, mon ami, Mlle Chat.

The Caravanserai has been described as isolated. Therefore we who visit must isolate ourselves from elsewhen. What I tried to imagine without researching travel by camel. I know they stride both feet one side then both the other so a swaying gait very different from a horse.

So the central Sahara - country non-specific - which is where it seems to be has been the domain of all sorts of things. Terrorist training bases being one of them. French Foreign Legion. Undiscovered Egyptian pyramids. Perhaps there's a day trip that stumbles across one or more of those places?

Ooh, if you want to do discovering unknown ancient places, Brandon is down for that!

Kit Cat

Quote from: Levi on July 10, 2018, 10:42:39 AM

B. Random number

If we go with b I think I'll make some sort of chart to show which numbers belong to who, so I don't double up on numbers!

Id argue you could even just throw out ridiculously high numbers or ones that you feel appropriate to the person in front of you for that matter! Hidden jokes between staff is always a fun way of breaking up their day!

*added* or names! A lot of places these days think they are posh because they give their rooms names rather than numbers, and can imagine that might be fun to play with.

Wild suggestions thrown out

Vicissitude

Quote from: Kit Cat on July 10, 2018, 10:55:37 AM
Id argue you could even just throw out ridiculously high numbers or ones that you feel appropriate to the person in front of you for that matter! Hidden jokes between staff is always a fun way of breaking up their day!
Does that mean Brandon could stay in room 237? Or 1408? XD

Flower

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 10, 2018, 09:59:01 AM
Thanks Flower! Helpful! Two follow-ons:

1) Suggest some sort of "Calendar of Events" (unless I missed something already done. The 6 PM event and writing to arrive (or not) in time is a helpful hint as I stagger down off my camel.

2) Do you have an example of what you mean by a "scene tracker"?

We have the time that you can play at the top of this post. Sorry if you missed it! :)

Also, by scene tracker, I mean something like...

Timeline

CharacterWriting WithDateBeginning Post
ZachariasNateApril 7, 2015Gotta Arrest You
--Movie Night with MargotSeptember 13, 2015Click Here
--NanaSeptember 15, 2015Tweeting
--Dinner with NanaSeptember 15, 2015Click Here
--Pancakes with Rem and ZekeOctober 23, 2015Click Here
--Finding Rem at Crime SceneNovember 11, 2015Click Here

It doesn't have to be as crazy as that. A simple list would suffice as well like...the one here.

Quote from: Levi on July 10, 2018, 10:42:39 AM

B. Random number

If you'd like to create a chart, that would be awesomesauce. ;) I know I love looking at stuff like that. I'll leave how it's done to you. :)

Quote from: Vicissitude on July 10, 2018, 10:51:42 AM
Ooh, if you want to do discovering unknown ancient places, Brandon is down for that!

There definitely will be some tours offered down the road. I doubt they'd be running into terrorists though. xD

Sorry I missed that question, Jaclyn. <3

Levi

Quote from: Kit Cat on July 10, 2018, 10:55:37 AM

*added* or names! A lot of places these days think they are posh because they give their rooms names rather than numbers, and can imagine that might be fun to play with.

Wild suggestions thrown out

ooh names sound fun, but we do already have named suits. Would it be confusing to have the generic rooms named as well?
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Jaclyn

Quote from: Vicissitude on July 10, 2018, 10:51:42 AM

So what sort of places? Nazi or Haile Selassie WW II bunkers taken over by ancient sand spirits? Ancient pyramid emerging from the sand?

Vicissitude

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 10, 2018, 02:22:31 PM
So what sort of places? Nazi or Haile Selassie WW II bunkers taken over by ancient sand spirits? Ancient pyramid emerging from the sand?

He's certainly used to ghost-hunting, so taking it to the next level is no problem!  Maybe it'll knock a semblance of self-preservation into his pretty blonde hea--- NAAAAAAH.   ;D

RedPhoenix

I suspect we won't be going anywhere political....plz no nazis or terrorists.

Vicissitude

Definitely no terrorists.  And I was envisioning something more specters of times past and poltergeists rather than actual living beings.

Jaclyn

Nope, no politics. And terrorists tend to take one to racial profiles too and we're better than that. So what?

Vicissitude

Well, a hunt for treasure/paranormal activity doesn't have to actually come up with anything peoplewise. All the fun is in the searching, right, even if it comes up bankrupt.  It could be just as much an old oasis abandoned to time and lack of water, lost in shifting sands and reborn again from the same.

Maybe going out and finding something like this and just exploring?

RedPhoenix

I honestly don't see Becky leaving the resort much. We have all the nice things here. :)

Flower

Look who is a brand new member! Congratulations Vicissitude! (^^)

Jaclyn

Hurray Vici! You Venied and you Vidied and now you're hic.

RedPhoenix

Flower

You can now access the After Dark thread. :-P

Kit Cat