XXX-Crawl (Pathfinder/DnD)

Started by Hunter, July 15, 2018, 12:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

It's kind of an odd idea but bear with me for a bit, and probably needs some tweaking to work.     While you may be familiar with X-Crawl, there is a more adult and somewhat darker version.

A group of adventurers (or would be adventurers) are given a weapon of their choice (or two if they use paired weapons) plus a traveler's outfit.    Ranged combatants would receive up to 100 arrows/bolts.    Each weapon would be masterwork with a Greater Magic Weapon cast on them, having a minimum duration of eight hours (or more if the characters are higher level).    In addition, they receive a casting of mage armor for the same duration.   Spellcasters would have their full compliment of spells for the day, barbarians would have full rage, etc.

The goal of XXX-Crawl is to escape from the dungeon, which is typically a single level dungeon that requires the party to reach the room that has a teleportation circle to escape.   There's no other way out.    The condition to success is that the party has to escape before the spells cast on their weapons and mage armor runs out.   So the XXX-Crawl has both a time and location requirement for success.

Success means a big cash reward...failure tends to mean that the party ends up not only stripped down but used by whatever monsters or creatures that defeated them.   Hence the XXX part.

Hunter

Alternately, you could do it as two opposed adventuring parties, or just two individuals; winner(s) gets to dominate the loser(s).    Running something like this would depend on the interest shown and who'd be wanting to do what.

Snake

Thorne

Could be interesting. I'm not generally a fan of PvP, mind.
I am familiar with X-crawl, though...
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Hunter

I can always find a random dungeon map of five or six rooms, stock it with monsters of the appropriate level, then see what happens.    There would be a general agreed upon character level (which would determine the approximate challenge rating of the monsters), the fate of your character should you fail (I'd let you choose either to be a sex slave or death, so it's not forced that way either), and follow up should you succeed.  I'd imagine that the follow-up can be worked out as we go.

A coliseum would be an alternate idea, I'm not a fan of forced pvp either (but something like ultimate surrender, where the winner fucks the loser; or a possession match, where the winner owns the loser).    Again, the coliseum would be an alternate idea...and possibly both could be done.

Haybuck

Sounds super interesting to me. Would you allow homebrew races per chance?

Hunter

Quote from: Haybuck on July 16, 2018, 12:59:53 PM
Sounds super interesting to me. Would you allow homebrew races per chance?

Why not?   Go nuts.   ;D

Haybuck

Quote from: Hunter on July 16, 2018, 01:35:28 PM
Why not?   Go nuts.   ;D

Awesome. What level would this be? I can mock up characters for both D&D 5 and Pathfinder if you want. <3

Hunter

That has not been decided yet.   I'm still seeing who wants to play before deciding on the mechanical details.    Though I have to admit that I'm leaning toward 3rd to keep it simple, but I'm open to other levels too.

Haybuck

Quote from: Hunter on July 16, 2018, 01:51:30 PM
That has not been decided yet.   I'm still seeing who wants to play before deciding on the mechanical details.    Though I have to admit that I'm leaning toward 3rd to keep it simple, but I'm open to other levels too.

Fair enough, and works for me. I'm thinking of playing some kind of courtesan / prostitute, mostly to get the NSFW side of things moving (and also because that's what I'm the most excited for)!

Hunter

Is anyone else interested?   I'd think that four would be a good group size, and I can probably add an NPC if the group is one short.       Assuming that everyone who's posted as interested wants to proceed, please begin thinking about who/what you'd like to play.     I can start working on a dungeon tomorrow.

Edit: It'll be build to 3rd level like normal, you can make the sheet however/whereever you like.   The only difference is that you'll need to note what you want to happen to your character should the party fail (i.e. death or slave).    Any questions or additional thoughts, please ask them here.

Thorne

This seems like the right kind of game for one of my unsuspecting healers.. 3rd level, you say?
what system are we looking at?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Hunter

Quote from: Thorne on July 18, 2018, 07:22:56 PM
This seems like the right kind of game for one of my unsuspecting healers.. 3rd level, you say?
what system are we looking at?

Sorry, let's go with Pathfinder.  I'm not familiar enough with 5e to GM.  Anyone needing help, let me know.

Chulanowa

I guess I'm game for this, depending on 1. if there's space and 2. we're not talkign about otyugh rape or the like

Hunter

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 18, 2018, 08:15:42 PM
I guess I'm game for this, depending on 1. if there's space and 2. we're not talkign about otyugh rape or the like
There's always space.   And tentacles only upon request.

Thorne

No tentacles for me, please. Save 'em for those who like 'em. ^^

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Alright, so, should we go ahead and start cobbling together characters? Any handy guidelines / Restrictions?

Hunter

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 18, 2018, 09:03:30 PM
Alright, so, should we go ahead and start cobbling together characters? Any handy guidelines / Restrictions?

Yes, please do so.    Just remember that you don't get any equipment other than what you're given.   I can't think of anything else that jumps to mind.

Snake

Hunter

Quote from: Snake on July 18, 2018, 09:27:37 PM
Point buy or room for stats?

Heroic: Roll 2d6 and add 6 to the sum of the dice. Record this total and repeat the process until six numbers are generated. Assign these totals to your ability scores as you see fit. This is less random than the Standard method and generates characters with mostly above-average scores.
Addendum: Re-roll if you somehow end up below 10.

You may draw anything from the offical Paizo SRD (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/), including the higher technology.    XXX-Crawl is a tv show, after all.    Custom built races are okay....let's say no more than 20 points.     I've selected a four room dungeon from the random generator, and selected the appropriate challenges to go in it.

Hunter

I have added a character thread so everyone has a place to post their characters.    While you may know the other members of your group, you will not know who's in your group until the adventure starts.   You may develop as much or as little as you feel is necessary, and should you somehow succeed in the XXX-Crawl, we'll discuss what to do next.

Chulanowa

At 2018-07-18 21:41:22, Chulanowa (uid: 27361) rolls: 12d6 Result: 38
Results: 1, 1, | 4, 2, | 6, 2, | 5, 4, | 4, 2, | 5, 2,

1st: 1, 1 +6 = 8 REROLL: 6, 2 +6 = 14
2nd: 4, 2 +6 = 12
3rd: 6, 2 +6 = 14
4th: 5, 4 +6 = 15
5th: 4, 2 +6 = 12
6th: 5, 2 + 6 = 13

14, 12, 14, 15, 12, 13. These are livable  ;D

Thorne

Hm. I was going to run an Aasimar; angel-blooded out of Blood of Angels. I'm pretty sure those options aren't in the PRD … may I use them anyway?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Chulanowa

Yeah, similar request; I like grabbing stuff off of Archives of Nethys, which is a paizo-only resource (unlike d20pfsrd which mixes in 3rd party stuff); would this be allowable, provided sources given for stuff that isn't count on both?

Hunter

Quote from: Thorne on July 18, 2018, 09:47:06 PM
Hm. I was going to run an Aasimar; angel-blooded out of Blood of Angels. I'm pretty sure those options aren't in the PRD … may I use them anyway?

If it's not on the Paizo official site, please link it for me so I can see it.   Odds are that I'll say yes but I'd like to see what I'm agreeing to first.    ;)