I wanted to ask...how do they do it?

Started by MiaFire, November 03, 2011, 02:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiaFire

I had a quick question....

I read other people's stories out of curiosity, potential rp partners, and good stories to read...and I've had more than one person that is co-authoring that thread tell me a day or two later in conversation that they saw me reading their story and did I like it.

How do they know that I have visited their threads within the last few days? Is there a way to look that up?

At first I thought...that the person was online and checked the 'Who's Online'...but all the ones that have asked weren't always online...and they can't all have had the luck to look there just when I happened to be in their threads.

Then I thought that they saw my name at the the top of the thread page as to who's viewing the page but again, same reasoning as above.

I don't care who sees what I'm reading. I just wondered as I'd be curious to see who was reading my threads and whether they had liked it.

Thanks if anyone can answer this and thanks if not and took the time to read this. :)
In the darkness of the mind and the shadows of imagination...
-

Beguile's Mistress

When you go into a thread look at the top above the first post.  Your name should be there.  My name is there now but will disappear when I close the thread.  That's how people know someone has been looking at their thread.

Caeli

Most likely, they were browsing their thread at the same time that you were browsing their thread. You'll notice if you look right under the title bar of a thread, that you can see who is currently viewing that topic.

Additionally, if someone is reading a thread but doesn't continue browsing Elliquiy while s/he reads, and then closes that thread without clicking elsewhere on the site, he or she will still appear as viewing the thread for an hour after (until Elliquiy recognizes that the person has gone offline). If that person comes back onto Elliquiy and continues browsing, their name will then disappear from the thread.

Screencap to illustrate where viewers of a thread are located.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

MiaFire

Thank you both. I have noticed that top part and am aware of that online, but just can't fathom the odds of it happening with 4 or 5 different people where they all happened to be looking in those places while I was there. Even one of the instances, I know of someone who was sleeping when I was reading their thread since we communicate on yahoo also and he mentioned two days later that he saw me read one of this thread and what did I think of it, so it had brought this question to mind.
In the darkness of the mind and the shadows of imagination...
-

Autumn Sativus

It can also be if they are looking in 'Who's Online' at a time when you are viewing their thread. Hidden users don't show up there but if you can see the name in the top of a thread, you would also see them "Viewing Topic X" in Who's Online.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~