Cypher: The price of humanity

Started by orderNchaos, September 01, 2010, 03:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orderNchaos

Reaching for the office door, reading to leave after another long day, suddenly the office lights go out.  Standing quietly in the darkness he allows his eyes to adjust to the light from the city outside as his senses begin searching for any sound out of the ordinary.  He noticed that no light leaked in through the bottom of the door from the office outside. The lights at least are all out on this floor. Thinking to himself, he begins to notice what seems to be a repeating vibration, carried on the glass of the building, slowly growing in intensity.  At the same time he catches a random sweep of red light from under the door.  Someone was coming for Cypher. Training from a previous life kicks in and he quickly but quietly makes his way to the desk.  Tapping in a key code into the desktop display, a small door at the base of the desk opens and a door slides out, revealing a cube.  Taking the cube into his hand, he spares a second to admire the wonder of the technology.  A DNA locked organic crystal data system which carries more storage or processing power than any current computer system, and also carries the most advanced generation of AI.  The vibrant thumping grows louder through the glass as his attention turns back towards the situation.  He can see numerous red lights sweeping the area outside the door now.  Searching frantically for an exit, suddenly he remembers the rooftop to the secondary research lab is directly below the west window and only about twenty feet down.  Without hesitation he strides over to the small couch end table on the west wall and pushes it through the glass. The raucous crash of glass exploding into the night, resonating for blocks, surprises the men outside the door as they busted in.  Four men dressed in smooth armored suits, all carrying small automatic weapons with laser sights burst into the room running straight for the open window.

"Pick up one this is Lead, subject has dropped to secondary roof on west side of complex.  No visual, need eyes on" the voice from under the hardened combat face plate emitted from a speaker located somewhere in the helmets casing. 

Two men scoured the room by the desk, recognizing the opened safe drawer meant their target has been removed.  None of the men noticed the dark figure in the business suit who slipped into the hallway after they burst in, nor did they notice the countdown on the secondary console signalling the anti-theft countermeasure which tripped once the crystal was removed from the safe.  As the turbo fan transport flew around the side of the building and settled just above the roof to the secondary research lab, a bright flash of light filled the night sky.  To most the plasma charge explosion was just an interesting flash in the night.  For the men and the chopper in the office the EMP of the charge blew out all of the electronics within two blocks, but the plasma flash disintegrated all matter within five hundred feet.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Settius IV.  I am looking for 2 or 3 other players to join me in a Sci Fi Fantasy RP based in a futuristic world caught somewhere in time between modern time and a Firefly style civilization.  There is technology and low tech, space travel and travel by horse....it all depends on where you go. 

The premise of the story is that the Rilladin Corporation, who is known throughout the known universe as a manufacturer of computer and service droid equipment; has developed a revolutionary AI embedded in a state of the art DNA crystal processor.  The AI is called Cypher, and he controls the power of Cypher can control any computer based system in the universe. 

What I need is a couple of bounty hunters.  I don't care if they work together or against each other.  I also would like for someone to work with me to develop an antagonist, a rival company or a rival country, who is out to steal the Cypher.  If possible I would also like players who are able to run 1 or 2 NPC's to help augment their teams or provide allies for the main character (me). 

I will provide a lot of story line, but I want the effect of good creative writers to help the RP drive the game.  Any one interested please PM me with a character sheet containing the following information.

Name:
Sex:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Biography and Description:

Thanks for your time!

orderNchaos

Still looking for interested players. 

BraveEarth

orderNchaos

As of right now yes!  I don't have any reason to make it rules based.