News:

Main Menu

Neurowear

Started by ElizabethRayne, August 23, 2011, 06:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElizabethRayne

I'm sure this has already been shared here.

But for those of you that enjoy Nekomimi or are interested just because come on its a set of ears that moves according to your feelings thoughts and emotions.

http://neurowear.net/

(Their Website)

neurowear vol.1 "necomimi" (脳波で動く猫耳)

(The Video posted on youtube that shows how the ears work.)

We were attempting to get into the ground floor of this project to sell exclusively at Otakon here in the USA, unfortunately they never got back to us.  *sad face*

I do want myself a set however!

Sorry if this has already been posted here.
Lizzy's Playlist

Looking for my On's and Off's?

Current Cravings

”I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda

Star Safyre

Those are incredibly adorable.  Hopefully one day the price will be right.   ::)
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Oniya

I think it was in the Effing Awesome thread a couple dozen pages back - but they're cool enough to post again.  ;D

(*wants*)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ElizabethRayne

I wanted to see them in action, but as I said. They never got back to us about a booth at Otakon.
Lizzy's Playlist

Looking for my On's and Off's?

Current Cravings

”I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda

selfexiled

That is pretty kewl but I'm more interested in the science of it than the look.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

DarklingAlice

William Gibson would be proud. Although it looks like the movement is more just a factor of whether you are  concentrating or not than it is of mood. Still cool.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Ashe

You see...the downside to this is that eavesdropping would perk your ears up, which gives you away.  That's half of what I do at conventions!

SunnyBlack

Oh yeah the Nekomimi, totally have their blog followed. I even emailed them a few months ago when i first saw this thing on the net. Turns out they are in no way close to coming out with a finished product. They're still in the prototype stage, but said that maybe in 2012 they'll be ready to sale. When that happens I'll be the first to buy a pair of white, black, and pink ears, haha! (Although you'll have to come up with a creative way to hide that obvious black sensor bar on your forehead...)

Banner & Avatar by Sunny Black
-.-.-
Choose your poison:
Nasty * Naughty * Filthy
-.-.-
[D-cups, full of justice. Sweet!]
:: "Come into my cage," said The Joker. "Where the bodies are hot, and the love is mad." ::

Oniya

The video doesn't show a black sensor bar...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

SunnyBlack

Quote from: Oniya on September 20, 2011, 02:25:51 PM
The video doesn't show a black sensor bar...

That's because the version in the video you saw was the nekomimi vol.1, here's a vid of the newer version. They have the sensor bar to emulate more direct brain frequency. This is currently the version of Nekomimi they are developing.

http://youtu.be/KY96aAvQ0Wk

-.-.-
Choose your poison:
Nasty * Naughty * Filthy
-.-.-
:: "Come into my cage," said The Joker. "Where the bodies are hot, and the love is mad." ::

Oniya

Ah, I see.    Maybe they could modify it by using clear plastic.  I suspect that it's actually picking up micro-tensing of the scalp muscles, rather than 'brain waves, but either way, electronics these days don't have to be big and black (q.v. 'A Day Made Of Glass', also in Elliquiy U.) 

It's cute the way that the ears move when he's 'dozing'.  It's like seeing someone dream.  :-)

SunnyBlack

I'd have to agree. I'm hoping the final product has a clear more 'sublime' look, rather than a bulky 'in your face' look. I'd rather the ears be the direct point of notice, rather than the heavy sensor bars attached to them. ANyway Nekomimi is basically the same thing as that jedi mind trick game that cam e out a few years ago. Just with cat ears. (which is better)

-.-.-
Choose your poison:
Nasty * Naughty * Filthy
-.-.-

NotoriusBEN

I'd think you could use some flex cable and have the computer pack that's behind the ear sitting on your back or arm. If they are worried about picking up a particular signal by having the sensor on a certain part of the forehead, you could use some medical tape and place it there as a cheap-fix.

dunno why they want it so bulky... >.>

anyways, I think I'd loose it on a girl cosplaying felicia  ::)