When the music stops (f looking for m | m looking for f)

Started by Becca, October 13, 2018, 10:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca

I just finished watching the 'a star is born' remake and it inspired me to post this little request thread to see if anyone else shares my craving.

By no means am I interested in neither playing the characters in the movie nor follow the plot and twists. Rather, I'd be interested in taking its premise (a young and talented wannabe singer/songwriter has never truly gotten a chance at stardom until she has a lucky encounter with an accomplished artist who becomes infatuated with her.) and crafting our own story from there.

Since it will basically be a relationship-centered rpg there should be plenty of conflicts and drama to work with: her own insecurities and how she second guesses the chances being presented to her; his troubled past or substance abuse (or both?), the outside pressure, the temptation and jealousy fans throwing themselves at either of them can bring, etc.

It would also be interesting to explore her rise to fame and perhaps his downfall spiral, which might or might not be solved at some point of the story, depending on both my partner's preferences.

There is this particular shot in the movie, where they first meet, where she stares right into his eyes and something seems to click in him. That is something I'd definitely love to explore, since I think it's quite interesting for a story which will include a fair amount of drama between the characters and their environment begin with the sort of "love at first sight" kind of trope, even when it's more of a blooming fascination than actually love at first. That sort of intoxication when someone first starts falling for another person and the whole world seems to slow down around them. This could even lead to an initial unhealthy obsession: it's all up to discussion!

If anyone is interested please do send me a pm, don't reply here!

Becca

Becca

Just to clarify: Im willing to play both the female and male character in this setting, meaning both the accomplished singer and the talented young songwritter, depending who my partner is most interested in playing themselves.