Grey Matters [Fantasy w/Horror themes | Guided Storytelling] - Open Recruitment

Started by RampantDesires, September 28, 2021, 11:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Wyatt

Fabulous character Red!!!!

Rampant, what level of modern is the world?  It feels like a fantasy world from this thread and the world building one that is fantasy, sword not gun for weaponry, with some modern sensibilities, but not truly contemporary modern with modern tech and things.  How close to getting that right am I, or am I not?  Thanks!
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

RampantDesires

Exactly right.

Medieval-ish kind of generic fantasy is the goal here.  You cook things with fire.  Kill things with swords (and/or magic).  Travel usually by horse/horse-drawn conveyance or your own feet. 

Monsters are real but not prevalent, they're usually hunted with some pretty extreme prejudice. 

More exotic characters like Red's are totally possible, with the warning that they WILL be viewed as exotic and get all the human side eye from the predominantly bland citizenry.  In that case it works to Valrika's advantage, she's trading on that mysterious stranger vibe.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

CurvyKitten

Wyatt

Perfect, thank you, Rampant!

Thinking of a human Thrall that works as a Peacekeeper/Constable while enthralled, was formerly a more nomadic, lone-wolf tracker/hunter of monsters (not the big bad here) both humanoid and monstrous. 

Michael B. Jordan as the Face Claim

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

RampantDesires

Nooo now somehow it is 4 AM and I still suck.  Got your claim in Wyatt, I wouldn't have thought of him as a playby but that does indeed look like it could pass for some fantasy armor and the whole vibe is awesome <3

Am cool with people having two characters to start if you'd like to float them both and see if one speaks to you more than the other Curvy.  As long as you are fine with them having different starting mission-type things it should work out.

I've been waffling back and forth a lot myself but I think I'm going to go ahead and make it official that my first one is going to be Jenna Coleman as a former noble type turned barmaid and handsy stranger bait tied into new criminal types.  Must make game threads before I work on real sheet though.

Okay going to go try and do the things.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

Okay I have a home for all your finished sheets HERE Please PM them to me or post them here for some official thumbs up first then go ahead and paste them on over :-) So just Red so far <3

Keep in mind that I'm totally cool with you making somewhat extensive edits to your sheets as we play so don't feel like everything has to be set in stone before we start, I just need to make sure we're all on the same page for tone and feel and that you have some mostly formed idea of who they were and where you'd like to see them go.

And an OOC thread HERE for all your chatting and plotting needs.

I'm not going to make IC threads until we need them and have a better idea of how and where characters are going to start, but it looks like we'll have at least three so far.  So yay for that.

ihinka

<Thrall>
Name (Current): Letitia Aurelia Magdalena Provost von Hasselhoffen
Name (Former): Ariadna Muchelney
Physical Description: 5'3’’, wiry build, in very good shape for one of forty-two. Blue-grey eyes.
Perk : Mentat (yes, I’m gonna shamelessly pilfer the Dune word and mentat characteristics)
History/Archetype: Ariadna was a denizen of Xandria, the city of scholars, so dubbed because it is said to contain all the knowledge of the known world and to give it out freely to anyone with a desire to learn. A foundling, raised by a society of very elite scholars, Aequanimitas, who have been working quietly behind the curtains of history to produce a new breed of academics and intellectuals through careful selection. Much like one would do with breeds of animals - dogs, cats, horses, cattle. All in the hopes of one day discovering the answers to all the big questions in life! All members of the society are taught to strive towards a balance of mind and composure, undisturbed by experience of or exposure to emotions, pain, or other phenomena. As such the members of Aequanimitas were the perfect candidates to track down and pinpoint the psychic horrors known for enthralling innocence and bending them to their twisted wills. And while the society deemed such occupation as distracting from its ultimate goals, it could hardly let slide acts that strictly contradicted their own goals of equanimity. And so they sent out one of their best and brightest. Never to see her again!
Assignment/Cover Story: A foreign noble dignitary, who tragically lost all their servants on the way to Luxton and is now in dire need of finding some replacements fast to bend to her every whim and desire.

Vices: Sloth. I can’t be bothered! Let someone else do it! Can't you see I'm too busy getting the best foot rub ever?!
Sexual Preferences: The lady von Hasselhoffen is a bit of a predator. A trait Ixkarion was delighted to find already present in Ariadna and one he only had to bring forth and amplify when cobbling together her cover persona.
Expectations: Play it by ear. If it makes sense for sex to happen let it happen.
Hard Limits: Nothing non-con, incesty and overly-brutal.

The Struggle: Ariadna is a creature of the mind. From the moment she was born and was old enough for conscious thought, she was taught to rely on her mind and intellect. To look at the world, perceive it in all that it is and withhold judgement until she was certain of the facts and truths to it. She was specifically selected for her mental strengths to bring this abomination down. And she had failed at her own game! Discovering she'd been a pawn for the monster, doing his bidding without so much as a minimal opposition would be a great hit to her. Both intellectually and psychologically. She'll most likely struggle with being emotional where once she could hold this part of herself in and only let it out when she wants or needs to. Not having control over her emotional being would be the biggest mind fuck for her (gosh, I hope I can portray that successfully, however interesting it sounds on paper).

The Goal: Regain full control over her faculties is a point of pride for Ariadna. And with Big Bad Brain having short-circuited some of her emotional inhibitions, she might even be prone to using any means necessary to achieve her goal. Something she would usually never do. In a word, she has to beat the creature at its own game and give it a mind-fuck the likes of which it has never imagined. You know... that moment when Big Bad Brain goes... "Oh, shit, I've created a monster!" surprised pikachu face

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 09, 2021, 10:07:35 PMihinka I am thinking maybe, since my character is designed as having been a servant of the brain-thing for quite some time, that perhaps she was already its slave when it captured your character? And maybe my character was actually rather involved in that, which could be something that causes some sort of fun tension as they both start to remember it? :D

Always happy to brainstorm character connections with you :D Considering the fact that my character is not a field agent but rather on the strategizing side of things using her own 'big brain' to bring Big Bad Brain down, it would have most likely needed to send an assassin type to suss her out. And maybe that's what Valrika did. She found Ariadna, abducted her and she was assimilated into the fold.
How Do You Wanna Do This?!?
My O_Os - Updated 30/05/21 with some characters I'd like to find a home for

RampantDesires

Yay, go ahead and move Letitia over :-) I look forward to seeing the battle of wills unfold.

Spent most of today out of the house (that's the real horror story here) and while I often check E on my phone I don't actually like posting from it so most things have to wait for me to get back and settled at a real keyboard.  Have got a few PMs to go through and then will polish up the rolling run down and my plans for the 'mid-to late game' stuff since some of you have asked about it.

But first hunting food,  no one likes a hangry Rampant.

RampantDesires

Hokay, here we go :D  *cracks knuckles*

FAQ's

Do I NEED a picture?
     ~Yes.  Everyone's got to have a visual representation to go in the post tags and character rosters.  It needs to be either fantasy-esque actors/models/photographs that fit a general fantasy vibe.  Wyatt's claim is a good example of this.  Michael B Jordan from Black Panther isn't a medieval fantasy character, but the weapons and armor DO fit that fantasy feel.  Totally works as a visual.  You can also opt for 'realistic' fantasy art.  This works especially well for characters that do not appear human (but are still humanoid) much like Red's character.

When is this going to start start?
     ~Is 'when we're ready' a dick answer?  Probably.  But seriously I'm not going to rush into IC posting until we've got a few more characters up, have some tentative character ties and starting points plotted out.  I get wanting to ride the excitement into character posting and I'm hopeful that this won't take TOO long, but realistically?  I think we're looking at game threads Tuesday-ish.

How are you going to handle PvP?
     ~The short answer is 'I'm not'. 
Quote from: RampantDesires on September 28, 2021, 11:01:28 AMSounds kinda dark.  Is there going to be murder and PvP n'stuff?
*blows out a breath slowly*  Yeah, but no?  It IS going to go dark places which is why I'm not even considering putting it anywhere but Extreme.  However I don't like built in player vrs player things.  If you WANT to include it and the other writer says yes you absolutely can but that's between the two of you.  For example in my nobility set up if my lady got her memories back first and decided she was going to help her partner regain his she might try to lock him in a room/tie him up until he too breaks free.  Is there a way to MAKE this happen?  No, I send the PM, partner says yay or nay, we start writing.  Maybe it works out well and rolls make it successful, maybe it drags on as that domination holds on and he tries to break out/harm her in some way.  Is it a prolonged struggle?  Does one of them end up heavily damaged or dead?  Work it out with your partner. What you're comfortable with is all decided behind the scenes. 
This is still very much the plan.  This isn't a system game, there are no stats or levels or anything of that nature.  The dice rolls just guide the timing of WHEN stuff happens and some things happening in the background (namely the Big Bad's 'Threat Level' which will go up as you fail rolls and continue to work doing his bidding, and will go down as you break free and succeed on later rolls either freeing others or actively working against his goals).  I don't want to make a system for combat either against NPCs or especially against other players.  It's something that needs to be worked out between writers.  You want to write murdelating minions after you're freed from control?  Sure, knock yourself out, that thing is there and you can do it AND when you roll you're reducing his threat level with each success.  Good job, you're helping.  You want to write struggling with and/or beating up and subduing other PCs who are still controlled?  Okay, you guys make a plan and decide how it goes down and write it.  The only thing you CAN'T do is say that your character automatically snaps out of their mental state without actually succeeding on a roll to do so.  How and when that happens in game is entirely up to you once you make that success, but you can't just arbitrarily decide that you succeed.

Are you going to get into explaining rolls more?
     ~Yeah, that's next on my to do list.  Sorry it has taken so long.  But it really is going to be a light weight simple d20 roll that gently guides the story you want to tell.  The dice aren't telling you what or how, just when.  If the rolling aspect is what's holding you back from joining hopefully the next post clears everything up and helps you decide one way or another.

Do I have to join right now?
     ~Nope.  It will be easy to add new players and characters as we go.  The only downside to not joining now is that you might not be there for the initial burst of character tie plotting and you'll be slightly behind the curve when it comes to when you progress through the mental states.  This is not a bad thing.  It's designed so that people will be at different stages and encourage those who have broken free to 'help' the others who they id to do the same. 

You didn't respond to my PM should I poke you again?
     ~Give me until tomorrow please before resending with a little nudge.  These questions here were meant to address some of the stuff that has come up privately, but I promise I'm going to get to individual replies. This weekend just ended up being a little busier than planned.  Like always right?

Are you still hangry?
     ~ Nope, all good :P I'm excited to see where all this goes and will be working on random stuff tonight trying to make things more organized and clear <3

RainyHigh

Posting here my FC for Angel Coulby as Evangeline/Solana Dacan.

CS sheet was PM-ed, but I'll also share it here too just in case that helps others.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
moved to CS thread ^_^
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

RampantDesires

All my thumbs up, she's lovely Rainy. I like the struggle part especially as it kind of reminds me of selkies remembering who they are and returning to the water which is neat and will be fun to see unfold.

Move her on over.

This face claim also makes me want to go with my Plan B and put up Eoin Macken as a face claim.  He's going to have a minor magical ability with mixing alchemical things and inborn talent to make tattoos that give small 'blessings' (luckier, healthier, etc)  With the long term goal of designing/crafting something that can be given to players to give them a bit of mind control/attack resistance so that they will better be able to tackle the monster at the end.  In the meantime, he'll be showing up as a somewhat foppish guild artist ready to enflame rivalries, burn through models and assistants, and just be a general asshole under the whole 'passionate artist' umbrella.  Which he will absolutely hate himself for later, but eh.

He's one of those that 'scruffs up beautifully'

Arriving to town the polished asshat.

This feels better ;)

Wyatt

Submitting Omri Sylvermoon aka Sheriff Dedrick Myles for review.  I ahve not sent him via pm to try and keep your pm box from overflowing, Rampant, but feel free to contact me there with any questions or suggestions.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
<Thrall>
Name (Current): Sheriff-Magistrate Dedrick Myles
Name (Former): Omri Sylvermoon
Physical Description:   6’0” tall, broad shouldered and well built in an athletically muscular way, with dark hair he wears in a traditional style of a Hunter, dark eyes, his body is covered in what appear to be bumps or nodules of a very consistent size and placement that flow along the shape of his body as if he was born with those markings, but at closer examination one can see they are scars, keloids raised in painful and painstaking ways to bless Omri with the sign and abilities of the Hunter.

Perk : Enhanced human senses of sight, hearing, taste and scent.

History/Archetype:  Omri was born into a family of a land where the people eschewed the lure of creating cities and fortresses and all of the darkness and separation from nature that those create.  Any village fortunate enough to grow larger than 100 persons will then split off into a new village in the fertile lands and forests that his people, loosely called the Dakari as they are a collection of peoples in truth, inhabit.  Growing strong and fast, with a thrill and nature for the hunt, by his efforts and honor Omri earned the right to receive the mark of the Hunter.  Each raised spot on his body is the result of an injection of a botanical poison, on that the body reacts to by encapsulating the scarred would.  Though painful, each spot burns with an intensity greater than fire itself to the senses, in the end, the skin over most of his trunk, front, back, legs and arms has been left not only marked, but desensitized.  The loss of his sense of touch and feeling in these places, and the magic of the plant venom together enhance the senses of sight, hearing, taste and scent beyond that of other men. 

Matching the eyes of the eagle, the nose of the wolf and the ears of the owl, or so it is said, those marked for the Hunt must leave their home village and travel and live among all of the peoples, hunting for their own food and sustenance, but also sacred protectors and hunters of monsters and beasts, including men who act like beasts.  To track and hunt such creatures is a solitary, lonely life, even when the hunt takes them into the cities his people avoid.  On the last hunt Omri remembers, the creature he pursued lead him into a city, but not like any city he had seen before, rather a decimated place, where the citizens seemed to have gone mad and destroyed each other, although he saw tracks and signs that many left before and during the carnage.  Not seeming to escape, but as if they left towards the east, moved off of their own accord, without their belongings, many bare footed, and as he tracked the creature he was hunting, and these hauntingly mysterious people, Omri felt a pain in his head and then felt himself existing no longer, living, but not as the man of Honor and Duty he once was.

Assignment/Cover Story:  Dedrick Myles is a keeper of the peace, a consecrated constable, both law enforcer and law giver.  Nearly impossible to escape when he begins tracking down one who breaks the laws and rules of his Master, Dedrick will use his cunning, strength, experience and senses to bring the criminal to justice, and the ultimate justice is that meted out by his Master.  Those he arrests are rarely seen again, said to be exiled from the city in punishment for their crimes, and yet, not a single trace of their existence remains, not physically, not in any records.  Few even dare to speak the names of those who have disappeared for fear of being the next to be found guilty of this very hard form of ‘justice’.

Vices:  To run and be free, to answer to no one except the call of the wild and of the Hunt.  Though a Hunter, Omri was not born a killer, and instead possesses the vice of mercy that most Hunters would consider the ultimate sin.  He craves the touch and presence of nature, a place where wearing any clothing, much less the full uniform of a Sheriff, is far more the exception than the rule.
Sexual Preferences:  Omri was taught to accept and seek aid from those for whom he protected, including satiety of his sexual needs.  Consensual by custom and gratitude, from virginal maidens to the woman of the house, his wants were seen to, but never was he to know the companionship of any for more than a night.  To be the Hunter was to be alone, to be a pack of one, a visitor with no set home, no family, nothing more than his duty, the Hunt and taking only what he needed for survival.  Dedrick has no such qualms or limitations and finds his sensual pleasures amongst the most scandalous of the city, ladies of the night, denizens of the saloons, whether they give themselves in fear or desire or both, he cares not, and his favorites he takes often and voraciously.
Expectations:  Sex in each phase of the story will no doubt play a role in telling the story at large and of Dedrick/Omri, and will be differ in each phase and as each version of the man emerges, evolves and in the end, likely becomes nothing either ever was.  No expectations, except to enjoy writing the story and allowing the characters and scenes, sexual and otherwise, to take him where they may.
Hard Limits:  Only women of age will interest him, nothing that belongs in the bathroom will leave the bathroom, and he will gain the consent of his partners in one way or another.  Any other hard no's in my O/O's.

The Struggle:  As Dedrick, Omri will break nearly every bit of the code of honor and duty he has sworn to live by, taking more than he needs, serving a master when he was meant to have none, doing anything but true justice to the people he is allegedly serving.  With each revelation, each degree of freedom, of recollection of whom and what he was sworn to be and then became, including living the life of a city dweller that once repulsed him, he will know that he cannot ever truly return to whom he was, and yet, even if his own justice can finally be had against that which enslaved his mind and will, no vengeance and no amount of absolution will be enough.  Yet, at his core, he is a survivor, one who will live his life onwards, perhaps utterly lost and devoid of purpose, or more likely struggling to become and to be something new, a man with a different purpose and reason to wake and breathe each day…and his greatest fear will always be that any freedom he regains could someday be taken away again no matter how vigilant he may be.

The Goal:  To regain his freedom of will, to ensure no others suffer at the hands of himself or his dark and sinister master, to end that reign of terror…and then to find out what is left of the man he was and to discover the nature of the creature he has become.
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

RampantDesires

Dedrick/Omri looks great to me, feel free to slide him on over.

This does remind me that before we hop on into ic posting we should probably discuss how long they've been in town working on their mission.  For Dedrick for example getting into the position of sheriff would probably take a little while to establish himself, sure he can trade on the reputation of all those scars and competency, and yes we can absolutely murder the old sheriff and have a convenient position for him to fill, but he's probably not arriving and slipping into that position right way. How and what you want to write of this settling in period is totally up to you and your 'partners'.

The first few weeks of posting are NOT going to be on a set timeline.  It's going to be a bit of a free-for-all of establishing your character and working on those mini assignments which does NOT need to be done on like a Day 1 Day 2 meter.  You can absolutely post arriving, hand wave, a few days pass and another thing happens. Little back and forth.  Another day.  If/when more people join and as characters progress into new mental states we will need more structure and as a group we'll decide to slip into game time posting.  (You can absolutely still finish scenes and make 'history' posts they just be more private things and not impact the town/other characters as much as the things that are happening 'live/currently' IE you can't change the future by posting in the past :P)

So my current thread/theme/assignment plans are:

Social Elite - ihinka, Vi
The wealthy and influential, minor nobility visiting/resettling to this somewhat back water but I'm sure quaintly charming town :P
Common Locations - upper class residences, parties

Civil Service - Wyatt
Law enforcement, doctor, lawyer, etc.  People considered 'public servants' there to tend to the general safety and well being of the town.
Common Locations - jail, 'city hall', surgeon's office

Criminal Underworld - Red, Rainy
The things that go bump in the night (sometimes in the nice way sometimes the not so nice) dark dealings for dark times.
Common Locations - taverns, and back alleys

Guilds - Rampant
Merchants, academics, craftsmen. The people who make and do.  Usually with ties to outside markets and contacts.
Common Locations - Shops and workspaces

I dunno I just like the loosely grouped assignment break down rather than set locations.  Does that mean that Waytt is only ever going to post in the Civil thread? Nah, just that his focus is there, and a lot of his initial assignment is stuff dealing with manipulating the public common good should be started there.

We can always break them off into more threads if it looks like we need them for organization, but it is way easier to do that than to spread too thinly and try and condense. 

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Wyatt

Thank you, Rampant, and good points *coughs* former Sheriff went out on mysterious late night call, never came back *coughs* about their history in their current form.  He is moved over and posted.

Can't wait to see more characters, and love the ideas still out there!
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Vi Violet

Here is my character idea.

Icy mage
<Thrall>
Name (Current): Diana van Denyar
Name (Former): Ivy Caan
Physical Description:  Tall, beautiful, icy blonde, pale skin
Perk : <Magical> Former Frost Mage. Can make stuff cold.
History/Archetype:Ivy was a devoted follower in her school of magic. Part of a semi-reclusive and isolated enclave of Elemental Mages way up north. That was before her whole enclave got wiped out by the Ixkarion. She is the only survivor if one could call her that in her current state of things.
Assigment/Cover Story: Because of her beauty or her magic, maybe both or neither, Ixkarion decided to keep Ivy and use her. Not that her magic would be useful while dominated.  With her already coming from far up north it wasn't hard to make the cover fit to that. A Noble from far up north that is new in the city after the last place got "too boring". A bit of a snobby socialite. Throwing parties and having her fingers in everything, and her ears close to every rumor, spinning webs of intrigue. Always a smug smile on her lips. Always willing to sow jealousy and mistrust among those petty nobles of the city. Sending hunting parties a certain way. Planting rumors of a rich mine deep in the mountains. Would be a shame if nobody comes back...

Vices: Women, Sex, Jealousy, Desire to be wanted, Smoking
Sexual PreferencesO/O's. FxF preferred but open to any pairing.
Expectations: Fill it up *finger guns*
Hard Limits: All depends on the story.

The Struggle:  A devote mage and scholar in her past life she would have never dreamed of living the life of a socialite and sexual freedom. Ixkarion shower her just how such a life could be. With regained freedom, it would be quite the conflict from her past life with what she experienced and how much she enjoyed it. But it would've also opened her eyes to the rest of the world. Only knowing the life of semi-solitude before as her enclave shut itself off from the world for different reasons. Only ever hearing the propaganda that the old masters wanted her to hear. Under Ixkarion she saw the world, for better or worst.

The Goal: Getting revenge for the destruction of her enclave and totally freezing Ixkarion or thanking it for freeing her. We'll see
Availability: Maybe
O&Os | A&As | RP Ideas | Search | Artsy

RampantDesires

Diana/Ivy is go. Move her on over :-)

I had someone ask if all the drone personalities were assholes ... and the answer is .. yeah kinda.  Our big bad is messing with their heads and making them into a warped version of what he sees as a functional human.  He delights in discord and bad feels, so while the personalities and memories that he implants are absolutely based on the people he has .. umm .. eaten over the years, they're all kind of hallow twisted versions.

Don't feel bad about making them dicks, they're supposed to be initially :P

RampantDesires

Spoopy "Future Plans" and dicebot tutorial thing up HERE

Hopefully that clarifies how rolls are going to work and what the 'mid to late' game stuff will be.  I didn't want to go into too much detail, I do want there to be surprises along the way.

CurvyKitten

Here are my tow lovelies for your approval. I can edit anything that you might need. I made one of them a cat folk hope that is ok. I just found the pictures and had to use them somewhere. I can totally change it if you want me too. :)

Deiva my doctor
<Thrall>
Name (Current):Deiva Crimson 
Name (Former): Abelia Benedicta 
Physical Description:  Deiva has a lithe frame, supple with a sense of grace that always seems to flow through every movement. Her soft curves cascade in a subtle hourglass figure, her pale skin flawless with soft touches of freckles here and there. Her red hair falls in soft waves and brushes along the edges of her backside when allowed to flow freely. Her features or soft yet fairy-like, and a smile that seems to light up her whole face.

Perk : <Magical>
History/Archetype: Abelia Benedicta was born to a very religious and devout family of the Higher Faith. They knew of the magical heritage that had once stained their lines. In the past, the males of their family had been cursed by God for previous transgressions. But after several generations, the family thought they had wiped out the tainted blood. It was a belief they held onto even after Abelia’s birth. The hint of magical abilities had not yet surfaced.

Slowly the small yet energetic young redhead grew. Each year proving how strong-willed and creative Abelia could be. The bright young girl took to following her father around. He was a healer, a man that helped take the pain from someone. Abelia saw how it affected people, how happy they would become when they began to feel better. Her father was seeing anyone from a peasant to a high priest, each seeing him as someone that had earned great respect. So there was no surprise that Abeila wanted to be just like him.

She took to studying medicine and following in her father's footsteps. There were many that thought she couldn't due to being a woman. But it seemed that Abelia was meant to prove them wrong every time they challenged her. Her parents were bursting with pride and saw a great future for their lovely daughter. That was until her abilities seemed to surface. It was then she drew the attention of the elder brain, she was taken and her mind was overridden. Everything she was now lost or is it?!

Assigment/Cover Story: Doctor and scholar, she is to see to the medical needs of her fellow thralls and to cover up the many medical mysteries that have come up. She also teaches others how to be healers and has lured many to the elder brain.

Vices: BOOKS one can say that if you bought her a library she’d be happy. She loves learning knew things and it could have been part of what lead to her down fall and eventual kidnapping. Sweets Deiva has a hug sweet tooth.
Sexual Preferences: ONs and OFFs
Expectations: Deiva is a virgin but will bloom once she starts exploring her sexual sides. I am open to sex scenes if they follow the flow of the story. And I am open to possible non con, but please ask me first.
Hard Limits: Humiliation, mutilation, vore, gore, bathroom play, please respect my offs!

The Struggle: Being a murder will always be her greatest regret. She will never be able to wipe her ledger clean after the things that she has done in service of their master. She was raised in a very religious house hold, and thus had a stroke sense of faith before she was taken. That faith has been taken from her and she will end up struggling with the idea of trusting that faith again or not.

The Goal: To find a way to cure and free her fellow thralls. To go back to healing when and where she was needed instead of being dictated too. To get back to her family and somehow redeem herself. 

Jix my smuggler/shopkeep
<Thrall>
Name (Current): Jix 
Name (Former): Chiana
Physical Description: Jix is a cat folk and as such displays several of the notability feline traits. Her coloration is tan and black, and her eyes are a vibrant emerald green. She has a lean build with the subtle hint of curves that perfectly display her feminine wiles. She tends to dress in light easy to move clothing, leathers for protection and and endless supply of hidden pockets.   
Perk : <Skilledl>
History/Archetype: Chiana grew up on the streets, her home nothing but a hidden shed behind the stone wall of an old house. She and her brother grew up together for the most part. Always taking care of each other and fighting to survive. They grew up learning to do what was needed to survive. Becoming one of the many that live in the world of thieves and whores that no one saw. They became rather good at what they did, Chiana seemed right at home in the life they made. Stealing, coning, and faking their way into whatever it was they needed or wanted. Gathering contacts within all areas of life. After all, even those that seemed to be the best behaved usually had their dark little secrets. Chiana just happened to be one of them.

It wasn't till she was 15 that she and her brother got separated. A job went badly, one of their partners turned them in to get off scot-free. And while they were trying to get away, Chiana was caught. Yelling for her brother to get away, to come to find her and get her when he could. She watched as he ran off, leaving her behind to be capture by not the sheriff but by a pack of elder brain followers. They saw her skills as an asset and warped her mind till she was one of them. Now a thrall they send her out to her new assignment and life.

Assigment/Cover Story: To the public eye Jinx is a traveling store keep with all manner of exotic wares. But in truth, she is s smuggler of all sorts and a thief of unmatched skill. Serving their master she has gotten all manner of items and even people in and out of the city. She has also been known to break into and Aguirre things in the service of the master. She has even been known to go as far as to kill when the assignment called for it.

Vices: shined bits, jewels, gold, and all manner of treasures, drinking, the nip!, nude sunbathing, good food, booze!,
Sexual Preferences: ONs and OFFs
Expectations:  I am fine with sex scenes, specially if that is where the story goes. I am also fine with Non-con as long as it makes sense. But I would like to be asked about it before hand.
Hard Limits: humiliation, mutilation, gore, vore, bathroom play, please see offs as well

The Struggle: The fact that she’s forgotten her brother when he needed her most. The fact that she’s had to kill. Jinx was a thief not a murder but since that has changed she will have to figure out her new moral standing. Doe she give into what she has become, or does she fight against the darkness that has stained her soul. Once a vibrant adventure, she’s been twisted to something much darker.

The Goal: To set all her fellow captives free and to break down the system put in place to serve their master. To turn her assets against the evil forces and take them down for good! To find her brother!

RampantDesires

Oo those pictures are neat <3

I'm okay with a catfolk inspired character, with the same caveats that I gave Red, noticeably non human characters are going to get all kinds of side eye.  There isn't really a widely recognized catfolk race, people will assume that her many greats got down with a demon and she and her brother are unfortunate results (though she and her family can absolutely see themselves as a distinct race and not just, well ...).  It fits in with the whole underworld thief/rare goods trader theme though, just keep in mind there's probably not going to be any dinner invites tossed her way by the Luxton elite who would never sully themselves with such riffraff.

We can even come up with good reasons for more exotic types to be sent into town/sought out as drones.  If he is trying to amp up fear and paranoia slowly, well having 'undesirables in town, increased finger-pointing and enflamed prejudices is a way to do it.  Plus his lizard dragon brain likes pretty and unusual things :P

Am good with both your ladies, send them on over and feel free to start plotting your opening partnerships/groupings and what not in the OOC.

Currently a little braid dead over here and just idly tinkering with table code which is somehow both maddening and soothing at the same time.  Am hoping to get to actual writering of things today, but we'll see how that goes.

I'm super excited to have ya!

Aidaryn

Bookmarking for later. This looks like a really fun and creepy/sexy game!

Aidaryn

I seem to have issues with my images. Who knows?

Anga Lucsi, Master of the Shadows

<Thrall>
Name (Current): Anga Lucsi
Name (Former): Atarah Leona
Physical Description:   Anga is petite but hard bodied head to toe. She has chin length jet black hair, light brown skin, and dark brown eyes. She's small enough to pose as a boy (if seen as a distance) in order to avoid recognition. If it's recognition she needs, then she can fill out tight dresses quite well. She's got a great ass, just don't let her catch you touching it or looking at it unless she wants you to.

Perk : Short distance teleportation

History/Archetype:  Atarah Leona was born into a merchant family that was well-to-do but not necessarily filthy rich. Her mother, along with her aunts, ran a number of shops and gaming parlors in their home country. Atarah learned to drag money out of unsuspecting tourists while working a gaming table or selling overpriced souvenirs with her silver tongue, her "exotic" looks, and her fast hands.

She dreamed of marrying a noble-born man to further her family's rise in their region, and to allow her to finally rest from the long days and nights using her wits and fast hands to secretly earn a side income that her mother didn't know about. Those fast hands caught the attention of a stranger from a strange land. He promised Atarah riches if she would join his band of con artists and thieves. The stranger seduced Atarah on the boat ride that would take her away from her homeland and he was able to get her to reveal her greatest secret - that she could teleport short distances or even disapperate for short periods of time to conceal herself. As her new liege's #1 lieutenant, she used her abilities to help him rise to high places in society. Everything seemed to be going as planned until she was sold out by her liege. Her silver tongue and seductive style had become far too much of a threat and, as a result, Atarah Leona was no more and she was born again as Anga Lucsi.

Assignment/Cover Story:  Anga believes she is a product of the streets. She's a cunning thief, deadly assassin, seductive consort, or whatever she must be to stay alive. She deals in information and goods and she is quite naturally gifted at both.

Vices: As her consciousness begins to awaken, Anga realizes killing is a game to be enjoyed. She enjoys concocting plans to trap her victims and relishes watching the lights go out. She sips the blood of her victims, believing it gives her vitality and strengthens her resolve to stay alive through any means necessary. Sex is a sport to her - its just another competition she wants to push to extremes.
Sexual Preferences:  As she begins to awaken to her sexual desires, she wants partners who will push her limits. She wants to be tied up, tied down, spanked, slapped, chocked and taken by her parter(s). It thrills her to let go and be treated like a piece of meat after spending so much time trying to stay in control. She likes watching and being watched, but only in small groups. If things go wrong, she can always just slip away via teleportation.
Expectations:  Anga's libido is fuel for her lifestyle. She craves sex and violence and yet she may never be sated. That's part of how "the being" maintains control and keeps "Anga" in charge and "Atarah" suppressed.
Hard Limits:  She hates the smell of shit and she would never allow a man to beat her too severely.

The Struggle:  Atarah's teleportation ability and her skills in deceit and seduction played right into the hands of "the being". As Anga, her priorities are twisted and corrupted. Her skills are an ends to a means and she seeks no higher purpose other than accomplishing the task at hand. As a thrall, she serves well as a master of shadows and secrets.

The Goal:  To find a higher purpose for her skills. To forgive herself for what she has done - to herself and others. To break free and find others who are struggling to break from from their slumber.

Vi Violet

You must link to the img file directly like:

[float=right][img height=100 padding=2]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/38/Sydni_Manalili02.jpeg[/img] [img height=100 padding=2]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/d/d2/Sydni_Manalili03.jpg[/img] [img height=100 padding=2]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/ca/760717209.jpg[/img] [/float] [float=left][img height=250 padding=4]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/ea/Sydni_Manalili04.jpeg[/img][/float]

So :3
Availability: Maybe
O&Os | A&As | RP Ideas | Search | Artsy

Aidaryn

Quote from: Vi Violet on October 14, 2021, 01:25:23 AM
You must link to the img file directly like:

[float=right][img height=100 padding=2]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/38/Sydni_Manalili02.jpeg[/img] [img height=100 padding=2]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/d/d2/Sydni_Manalili03.jpg[/img] [img height=100 padding=2]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/ca/760717209.jpg[/img] [/float] [float=left][img height=250 padding=4]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/ea/Sydni_Manalili04.jpeg[/img][/float]

So :3

You are a wonderful human.