News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check Dark Heresy

Started by BraveEarth, July 29, 2011, 12:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraveEarth

I've been wanting to try out Dark Heresy for a while and I was wondering if anyone else on E had any interest in playing it/running it. I have not played the system before but I know the setting and I understand it enough to not be completely lost.

Brandon

Im very interested in playing it. DH has always had quite  a few people wanting to get into it but we've never really had a game that took off and stayed active before
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Muse

I'd have fun. 

All to frequently people want to run freeeform Warhammer 40K RPs which are totally outside of my experience, calling in facets of the setting I know nothing about, whereas I can sink my teeth into dark heresy. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Athos

I've played DH a few times and enjoy it very much.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Pumpkin Seeds

fallensaviour

ah dark heresy...when played rl most of the time our plans ended up being nuke the site from orbit...though i did crit against a deamon with a shotgun once almost killing it in one shot...of course then it got its turn...so yes i'm down :D

BraveEarth

Wonderful to see this sort of interest. Now just to wait for a potential GM..

-sits on his rump thumbing through his book-

HairyHeretic

Could be interested, but when Black Crusade comes out next month (I hope) that one I REALLY want to play.  >:)

Til I get my move sorted I can't really take on anything new though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Brandon

You know some rogue trader would be pretty cool too  ;)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

BraveEarth

I kind of like the more open restoration of Rogue Trader, but you seem to start of so god darned powerful and well equipped in it.

fallensaviour

more powerful and well equipped than the space marine game?

BraveEarth

You are thinking of Deathwatch. Which makes both Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy Characters look like marshmallows...

HairyHeretic

Yeah, but Deathwatch marines don't have their own Cruisers :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Brandon

Not to mention that rogue traders are about as free as anyone can be in the empire. I think thats what I really like about the idea, you can pretty much go anywhere and do everything you want to

Cold Heritage

I've heard Ascended Assassins can be a Pretty Big Deal; like they can easily have over 20 wounds (and they don't need to drop like 1,000 exp for them like some Marine advance tables demand) and they can get Unnatural Agility and extra reactions so they can be dodging for days, bro.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.