When All Else Fails, Group RP Idea

Started by Ivy Mariani, October 11, 2010, 06:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivy Mariani

Figured it could be a little fun to get to know everyone's writing styles here, maybe find some friends to RP with if everything goes well. The idea is:

Sometime in the future humans are forced to recolonize another world, though things seem to be going well for decades things start to change. Something happens- something which can be hashed out with those interested- and people start to be found dead, or go missing. As time goes by the numbers of the dead increase and the ghosts of those who were killed begin to haunt the colony killing off everyone they can get alone.

Figure anyone who is interested can help build onto the story add twists and turns where you see fit. I'm all up for improv and love to see what others can come up with. If you're interested let me know  ;D
"Put your hands all over me."
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Hi, Ivy!

Now that you're approved, you might not be so interested in this particular post anymore. In case you are though, I would love to be a part of it! Hit me up if you like.

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 06:17:20 AM
Hi, Ivy!

Now that you're approved, you might not be so interested in this particular post anymore. In case you are though, I would love to be a part of it! Hit me up if you like.

Of course I'm still interested  ;). Just need to work out details with any one interested and we can get something started.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Coolness... I already have ideas in my mind.

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 09:46:16 AM
Coolness... I already have ideas in my mind.

Great! I've a few in mind for the character I want to use. Should be interesting to play.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

A terraformed planet with a few major cities and scarcely populated areas in between. The main story happens at a research outpost outside of the populated areas - a small complex of buildings run by a skeleton crew of a few people of administration, a few scientists, one or two security people.

After the incidents start happening, communications and transportation from the outpost to the populated areas of the colony fail and there seems to be no one on the other side to repair them. So all people in the outpost are isolated and have to deal with each other, with the dangers that lurk outside, with the unpredictable nature of the new world, etc. And they have no freaking idea what's happening out there.

Would this be close to your idea?

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:10:18 AM
A terraformed planet with a few major cities and scarcely populated areas in between. The main story happens at a research outpost outside of the populated areas - a small complex of buildings run by a skeleton crew of a few people of administration, a few scientists, one or two security people.

After the incidents start happening, communications and transportation from the outpost to the populated areas of the colony fail and there seems to be no one on the other side to repair them. So all people in the outpost are isolated and have to deal with each other, with the dangers that lurk outside, with the unpredictable nature of the new world, etc. And they have no freaking idea what's happening out there.

Would this be close to your idea?

Actually pretty spot on! Very nice :) was thinking about playing a medical officer who kind of finds out what's going on first hand because she's dealing with all of these autopsies etc.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

I think we're on the way of becoming a good team, Ivy. I have three ideas about my character.

1. Robert "Rob" Rhodes, 35 years old, head of security. Cynical, grumpy man with a dark sense of humor, takes himself a tad too serious when it comes to his 'combat duty'. Leather, cowboy boots, jeans, shotgun kinda guy.

2. Christopher Sutton, 31 years old, research project assistant. Shy guy with no luck with the ladies, somewhat a bureaucrat, pedantic, with no sense of humor. Suit and tie for the morning coffee kinda guy.

3. Amanda Pierce, 33 years old, maintenance officer. A genuine tomboy with a rough sense of humor, short haired and beer gulping, divorced with a son who's out there in the civilized area.

Tell me what you think and which one you would prefer me to play?

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:26:27 AM
I think we're on the way of becoming a good team, Ivy. I have three ideas about my character.

1. Robert "Rob" Rhodes, 35 years old, head of security. Cynical, grumpy man with a dark sense of humor, takes himself a tad too serious when it comes to his 'combat duty'. Leather, cowboy boots, jeans, shotgun kinda guy.

2. Christopher Sutton, 31 years old, research project assistant. Shy guy with no luck with the ladies, somewhat a bureaucrat, pedantic, with no sense of humor. Suit and tie for the morning coffee kinda guy.

3. Amanda Pierce, 33 years old, maintenance officer. A genuine tomboy with a rough sense of humor, short haired and beer gulping, divorced with a son who's out there in the civilized area.

Tell me what you think and which one you would prefer me to play?

Hmm... *Thinks about it* I kind of like the second one. Though we could use someone who is part of the security team, would make it easy to tie the two characters together from the get go. But it is up to you which you wish to play they are your characters after all  ;)
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Awesome, now we need only wait for someone else to show interest... ~laughs~

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:34:16 AM
Awesome, now we need only wait for someone else to show interest... ~laughs~

*grins* Yep! But even if it's only one more person we should have enough for a good story and can NPC anyone else necessary. Then people can always jump in if they wish, I'm not against that one.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Sure then, I'm up for it. Meanwhile - how come you never writingprompted me?  :o

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 10:40:34 AM
Sure then, I'm up for it. Meanwhile - how come you never writingprompted me?  :o

I gotta come up with something *blushes* I will though, promise just need to think of something that will work good for it. Am pretty horrible at coming up with good questions for people.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Lol everything works for me, Í'm up for any challenge ~flexes muscles~

Ivy Mariani

*Chuckling* Well there you go, can't wait to see what you come up with.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Hehe... there you go, now we could get back to smoothing out the edges around your group RP story :-)

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 12:08:01 PM
Hehe... there you go, now we could get back to smoothing out the edges around your group RP story :-)

Mmhmm good idea ;)
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

I'd say 3-6 people would be ideal? But it's just an opinion. What do you think? Also, what would you rather focus on more? Action, survival horror, romance, drama, dark humor, etc.?

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 03:20:45 PM
I'd say 3-6 people would be ideal? But it's just an opinion. What do you think? Also, what would you rather focus on more? Action, survival horror, romance, drama, dark humor, etc.?

Yeah that would be a good number, that way we don't have too many NPCs we need to worry about sticking into the thread. Um... Definitely need a bit of action, survival horror and dark humor because lets face it strictly scary RPs need a bit of a giggle scene here and there. Hmm think a bit of mystery would be good, whys this happening, what's causing these people to die etc.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

So, mystery/horror with some action. Nice. I might go for the security guy then... lol.

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 13, 2010, 04:16:07 PM
So, mystery/horror with some action. Nice. I might go for the security guy then... lol.

*Grins* See? This is why I love working stuff out before hand, makes things run so much more smoothly when Rps get started up. *Does the Humpty Dance*. Now if we can find a few others to join in we'd be on our way to getting this started up  8-)
Ivy's O & Os

Ironside

If you need a third wheel im happy to play along while i wait :P

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: Ironside on October 14, 2010, 05:31:44 PM
If you need a third wheel im happy to play along while i wait :P

That'd be great :). Any ideas of what character you'd like to play?
Ivy's O & Os

LucianLuna

Ok I'm interested just trying to decide which version of my character I want to play. Is this only human or can other races be in it? Your answer will help me decide which Lucian I will play

Ironside

Cool ^^
How about
Charlie: a 19 year old research assistant. Generally scruffy and disorganised, he spends most of his time attempting to sneak in to restricted research areas. Hes a pretty intelligent boy, although really has no understanding of the word "Curiosity killed the cat."
If thats not cool i'll make another    :P

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: LucianLuna on October 15, 2010, 12:10:25 AM
Ok I'm interested just trying to decide which version of my character I want to play. Is this only human or can other races be in it? Your answer will help me decide which Lucian I will play

Any character you want to play is perfectly fine. Figure this is all space related other races are more than welcome as well :).

Quote from: Ironside on October 15, 2010, 09:33:08 AM
Cool ^^
How about
Charlie: a 19 year old research assistant. Generally scruffy and disorganised, he spends most of his time attempting to sneak in to restricted research areas. Hes a pretty intelligent boy, although really has no understanding of the word "Curiosity killed the cat."
If thats not cool i'll make another    :P

And love the character idea Iron definitely would work well into the story!
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

In this case I should probably opt for the security guy :-)

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 15, 2010, 09:47:01 AM
In this case I should probably opt for the security guy :-)

*Giggling* That is totally up to you am fine with anyone playing who they want in this ;)
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

It just adds up. A medical officer, a research assistant, a security officer, and LucianLuna's character of choice would make a motley crew that can add allot of twists and uniqueness to the story, I think :-)

Ironside

Cool. So, are we looking for any more, or is 4 a crowd? :P

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 15, 2010, 10:08:51 AM
It just adds up. A medical officer, a research assistant, a security officer, and LucianLuna's character of choice would make a motley crew that can add allot of twists and uniqueness to the story, I think :-)

This is very true, would be a good assortment of characters that could lead to a very good case of survival.

Quote from: Ironside on October 15, 2010, 10:12:00 AM
Cool. So, are we looking for any more, or is 4 a crowd? :P

I'd be fine with starting it off with four, but if anyone else wanted to join in I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. I'm always about the more the merrier for these type of RPs :)
Ivy's O & Os

Ironside

Awesome. So what should be happening as we start? (By the way, the way im going to play Charlie will probably make him a liability in the survival sense xD)

LucianLuna

ok, but I think I'll play my 19 year old human version. He can be the cook of the group

Ironside

Haha im actually doing catering in college. Cooking ftw (Y)

Raphael

Cook sounds awesome, I'm excited about both Ironside and Lucian's characters!

Ironside

Ivy Mariani

I'm fine with starting at any time actually. I can get the first post written up today to kind of build up to the events that start happening. Kind of a back story as to why the colony planet was set up, what the specific facility does, and then we can kind of post a few things to get acquainted with the characters then everything starts going to hell in a hand basket?

Am pretty excited though seems we're going to have some great characters in this *is giddy*
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

I'm excited as well... I agree Ivy should start since it's her idea. Go go go!

Ironside

Should we do an actual Character sheet or develop as we go?

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: Ironside on October 15, 2010, 07:06:27 PM
Should we do an actual Character sheet or develop as we go?

I'd just develop as we go, probably would be the easiest way. I swear I'll try to get something written up later *sighs* RLs throwing curveballs at me today so might not be able to do any writing until late tonight.
Ivy's O & Os

Ivy Mariani

Okay I've gotten all of the first post written, so whenever everyone is ready I can post it and we're good to go  8-)
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

LucianLuna

Ivy Mariani

Alrighty will post it here in a moment. Iron feel free to jump in when you can, no big rush :)
Ivy's O & Os

Ironside

Cant tonight, gotta go to my mates and drink all the leftover booze from the party ^^ I'll probably start tomorrow lol

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: Ironside on October 18, 2010, 10:58:26 AM
Cant tonight, gotta go to my mates and drink all the leftover booze from the party ^^ I'll probably start tomorrow lol

Okies no worries.
Ivy's O & Os

Ivy Mariani

Okies realized I forgot to post that I'd set up the thread.  :-[ Feel a little embarrassed about that one *giggles*. Guess is what I get for getting so excited about my first Public RP here.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

LucianLuna

nk

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: nk on October 25, 2010, 05:42:06 PM
Got room for a fourth? =O?

We sure do! What kind of character you got in mind?
Ivy's O & Os

nk

Jeremiah L Elkan
Bio: Jeremiah, or Jim as many call him is the station's resident hardass. He generally tends to be stoic in both his speech and his actions but also has a bad sarcastic streak that runs through him. Jim's a very analytical sort of person and doesn't believe in intangible things such as luck. He believes that if a man wants something to happen, he has to do it himself. And so with that being the case, Jim almost always chooses the choice or choices that appear to be the most logical to him.

Ivy Mariani

Sounds awesome! The thread is all up and ready for posting feel free to jump in whenever you're ready. Has the same name as the beginning of this thread :)
Ivy's O & Os

nk

Mind attaching a link? ^_^? Would greatly appreciate it =O

nk

Thanks alot! I was having a lil trouble finding it.

nk

Btw, would you have any objections to me being the Commanding Officer of the station?

nk

Actually, now that I've read everyone's post I feel like I have to head back to the drawing board LOL.... *Le sigh*

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: nk on October 26, 2010, 02:02:07 PM
Actually, now that I've read everyone's post I feel like I have to head back to the drawing board LOL.... *Le sigh*

*chuckles* Yeah thinking that we're going to have this big disaster once everyone's gotten at least one post in. Got an idea what I want it to be *cackles*
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Quote from: Ivy Mariani on October 26, 2010, 02:07:59 PM
*chuckles* Yeah thinking that we're going to have this big disaster once everyone's gotten at least one post in. Got an idea what I want it to be *cackles*

Now you're scaring me :P

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 26, 2010, 02:29:58 PM
Now you're scaring me :P

It's nothing too bad really. Just something that will set into motion the whole need for survival and such ;)
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Can't wait :P It's a non-adult RP, so no sex involved, and what's left to a man who can't have sex? Kick some butt! Whoohoo *laughs*

Ivy Mariani

Lmfao! Exactly! That and lots of blood and zombie-like gore. Bwuahaha! Love this type of RP around Halloween, it's just too awesome.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

*adjusts the zombie guts hanging from the top bookshelf so that they reflect the light better, and nods*

Ivy Mariani

Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Eh... no... *points at zombie guts hanging from top shelf* that's zombie guts... *points at the entity hovering above the floor in the bathroom* THAT is the spirit

Ivy Mariani

*Rolls eyes and socks you in the arm lightly* Goofball..
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Ivy Mariani

Quote from: charismaxxx on October 26, 2010, 03:04:43 PM
*bites Ivy's neck* goofball huh?

Yes goofball. *socks you again and laughs*
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

We'll see who's a goofball when your character wants my character's help to get rid of all the zombies...  :P

Ivy Mariani

And who says that'll happen? She gets to play with bone saws and lazers for a living :P
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

When was the last time you saw some pathetic little bone saw be more effective to zombies than a good old shotgun, huh?

*tilts cowboy head, pumps up shotgun and yells* Yeehaa! Keep 'em commin' baby!

Ivy Mariani

*Snorts* You forget I did mention lazers :P. Besides wasn't saying she couldn't handle a weapon, she can actually.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Oh yeah, lasers... right... I forgot zombies are scared to death of a little tan... *leans back and lights a cigar, nodding to himself: I'll save her in the last moment cos otherwise she'll get all icouldhavehandledthemwithoutyourhelp like*

Ivy Mariani

*snorts* You under estimate her resourcefulness.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

*is enjoying his cigar, looking curiously at Ivy* We'll see, we'll see... I'm pretty sure she's a tough girl and everything. No problem in wiping out a horde of zombies without needing the help of the military guy with years of experience with guns and martial arts and zombie fighting... So he'll just be sitting here, watching her at work... No problem :P

Ivy Mariani

*Dies laughing* Hey she grew up in a family of hunters :P she can handle a gun but not saying she'll be able to off all of these zombie things herself.
Ivy's O & Os

Raphael

Well... if she needs the aid of a shotgun, she knows where to find it :P

Ivy Mariani

That she does. I'm sure there will be plenty of things in the area when she needs something anyway. Everything is a weapon, like Shawn of the Dead.. Except.. No record throwing, that's just.. Yeah it doesn't work, 'cept to make people laugh.
Ivy's O & Os