(WoW) Why the Alliance Hate and Why is the Horde so Popular?

Started by LunarSage, July 04, 2011, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 30, 2011, 01:13:23 AM
I think you need 15 or so for most of the later ones.. maybe a bit more. Some of the bosses simply aren't doable with the effects. Of course if you get a full 40 man it's wicked evil as folks dash off to kill mobs and the early bosses in smaller groups.

You can get 40 people in a 25-man instance? This is news to me.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Braioch

Sooo...I'm officially of the Alliance now...no longer of the Horde...

People on the Horde side were pissing me off way too often for my tastes. xP

So now my roomies call me a traitor. xD
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Braioch on August 30, 2011, 07:43:08 PM

You're no traitor, you've awakened to the true light of goodness, nobility, and civilization.

Black Howling

Prepare for incompetence in the battle grounds, and PVP in general, but also political debates running rampart in Stormwind. These are the only two common denominators I found in the alliance. Though with the right guild, the PvP issue disappears. I think the one I was in were all former horde come to think about it. xD very Ironic.

Braioch

Seeing as how I don't like PvP I think I'm safe on that measure :P
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Black Howling

Quote from: Braioch on August 30, 2011, 09:09:35 PM
Seeing as how I don't like PvP I think I'm safe on that measure :P
Awesome! I wasn't, I played PvP servers. ;) Though jokes aside, you should have tons of fun then. Alliance is at-least good with dungeons, albeit not always as good as horde.

Braioch

And really I just like the races on that side as well, and since I'm a sucker for story it's fun to work with the characters on that side. A heretic human mage, a pious human warlock, a two natured draenei shaman, it's more fun for me in that aspect ;D

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

AllieCat

Welcome! Just a few tips to remember:

We actually have cities. Cities with stone walls instead of pointy sticks for walls. It takes some getting used to.
We don't scream out For the Horde!.. we kinda say for the alliance in a conversational voice.
Plagues are something we suffer. not things we cause.
It is no longer allowed to have a poster of a Blood Elf Female in your bedroom. It now has to be Jaina. A female gnome is RIGHT OUT.
And remember to visit Ironforge for the first ever Dwarf Olympics, featuring never seen before events like the Artistic Beard Combing and Tying Events (male and female version), the 50 meter tunnel, and for those who can take it, the Marathon Grumble!

(giggles, I can't resist sharing my brand of humor at times on Moonie, including the following gnome jokes.

"Does any one know the word in the gnomish language for "an invention that works perfectly the first time"? There's no such word.. it's an unknown concept in the gnomish language!"

and...

"What do you call four gnomes in a mining cart, flying off a cliff in Westfall to their doom? Answer: A disappointment! You could've fit another eight or ten in there, if ya crammed em in!"

(No, no one ever told me that I had a weird sense of humor before, why do you ask?))

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Shjade on August 30, 2011, 07:30:00 PM
You can get 40 people in a 25-man instance? This is news to me.

Doh!  Wrong raid I was thinking of. We did a few of the old 40 man for fun like that. It was all group one kill this guy, group 2 kill that one.  We were doing guild achievements.  AQ 40 took a little time since some of the groups got lost.

Shjade

Doing AQ 40 as a duo is actually challenging!

Unfortunately sorta impossible to kill the twin emperors. I mean I'm sure it can be done if you have the right class/talent setup to tank and do damage to both emperors with only two people (maybe something like two paladins to slowly chip them down while healing themselves through the damage), but not in a manner that's convenient or practical for just walking in and doing it.

Also, we tried killing the slime boss without any frost damage just to see what would happen. In case anyone hadn't already tested or read up on it, it just sits at 1% and never dies. D: Also the room eventually fills with poison. But you can just run out to reset the encounter, so no big deal. ;p
◕/◕'s

AllieCat

My god.. stop me before I spend more! *laughs*

got my third purple (sword and two JP purples, I'm not yet doing trollheroics).. and picked up some top of the line enchants, landslide for my sword, and peerless stats for my armor (I almost said Peerlass stats for my chest, which is another joke altogether.. it's the Azerothian Boob Job!), along with Dragonscale Leg Armor.. total cost, about 2.5K gold, leaving me under 1,000G

It's a good thing I've never been tempted to buy from a gold seller :)

Aiden

Quote from: AllieCat on August 30, 2011, 10:39:02 PM
Welcome! Just a few tips to remember:

We actually have cities. Cities with stone walls instead of pointy sticks for walls. It takes some getting used to.
We don't scream out For the Horde!.. we kinda say for the alliance in a conversational voice.
Plagues are something we suffer. not things we cause.
It is no longer allowed to have a poster of a Blood Elf Female in your bedroom. It now has to be Jaina. A female gnome is RIGHT OUT.
And remember to visit Ironforge for the first ever Dwarf Olympics, featuring never seen before events like the Artistic Beard Combing and Tying Events (male and female version), the 50 meter tunnel, and for those who can take it, the Marathon Grumble!

(giggles, I can't resist sharing my brand of humor at times on Moonie, including the following gnome jokes.

"Does any one know the word in the gnomish language for "an invention that works perfectly the first time"? There's no such word.. it's an unknown concept in the gnomish language!"

and...

"What do you call four gnomes in a mining cart, flying off a cliff in Westfall to their doom? Answer: A disappointment! You could've fit another eight or ten in there, if ya crammed em in!"

(No, no one ever told me that I had a weird sense of humor before, why do you ask?))

PFT to you I say!

Brai- you cut me deep!

Alucarddalv

Hello Everyone I play Horde and always have ever since I first started wow going on 6 years ago...the reason I play horde and stir away from Allie side is simple....the people, OR it used to be the people. See when I first started playing wow I tried out the Alliance side because I liked the races. But I quickly found that the majority of the people I played with on a couple of servers were juvenile and very childish even if they themselves were above the age of eighteen. Now I know some people from the Allie side that are very mature and I know my share of horde players that are down right children so by no means am I saying this is black and white like everything it is shades of grey.

Now that I have gotten that out of the way my theory as to why the Allie hate is simple....people still act more like children on the Allie side. At least that is still the face that is present 90% of the time and it is really a shame. A lot of the top end content on a lot of servers is downed first by Allie...now whether this is because they simply have more numbers (5 to 1 on my server) or if they are just better skilled I cannot say. I also think that a lot of people are trying to break the stereotypes about what is a hero and a lot of the older crowd want to play something a bit darker and grittier rather then something all clean and shiny like.

That is just my theories and personal view on it.

Edit: I forgot to add that The majority of my high end toons 80+ ar either Bloodelf or Undead....My Favorite being my Prot/Ret Blood Elf pally....who I have rped with since BC dropped and his Back story has him set up in a way that now a days seems all to common...He was a resurrected Death knight back before the Death-knight class ever existed on WoW. I Read some of the books and had the Pen and Paper rpg.....
What is it to a man if he gains the world but loses his soul.

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

Character Might and Magic 2: Valenar

Saerrael

Alliance Vs Horde Milkshake

*hums*
I can recall this video being banned or something *headtilts*

*actually has a Milkshake macro*

Recount - For Boys Brought To The Yard
1. My Milkshake 5 (5, 100%)
2. Your Milkshake 0 (0, 0%)

Alliance vs Horde My Humps

Anyway!

Yes, this was silly (or even /silly), but I just had to!

Quote from: Shjade on August 31, 2011, 02:26:56 AM
Doing AQ 40 as a duo is actually challenging!

Unfortunately sorta impossible to kill the twin emperors. I mean I'm sure it can be done if you have the right class/talent setup to tank and do damage to both emperors with only two people (maybe something like two paladins to slowly chip them down while healing themselves through the damage), but not in a manner that's convenient or practical for just walking in and doing it.

Also, we tried killing the slime boss without any frost damage just to see what would happen. In case anyone hadn't already tested or read up on it, it just sits at 1% and never dies. D: Also the room eventually fills with poison. But you can just run out to reset the encounter, so no big deal. ;p

Twin Emperors.
My guild found out you need three players for that one, with one being a magic user. We used a DK, a paladin and a shadow priest (me). The hp back from the SP is enough to deal with the dmg dealt. On switch, you let the SP cast Shadow Word: Death to 'agro'.
We also found out it was better (easier) to let the SP tank the boss that is melee immune.

The slime boss really really needs a mage. We tried it with a shadow priest. Though Mind Spike is frost/ shadow damage, it's apparently not enough (the hell?)

TheGlyphstone

Saerrael

Congratulations on 5,000 posts, Glyph *grins*
And what sparked that? *raises a brow* The two videos weren't meant to be serious, if it comes from there.

TheGlyphstone

Ooh, I hadn't noticed that. My post count is OVER FIVE THOUSAND.....

And...'sparked'? I was completely serious, the 1st video's bit where the naked night elf starts to dance only to have the music come to a screeching halt and 'HELL NO' come up on the screen made me crack up. ;D

Saerrael

I still believe the Night Elf female to have the best dance in WoW.... >.>
I want it for my Blood Elves! ...yes, for the males. Shush!

Shjade

Sorry, female tauren have the best dance, bar none. Not the sexiest, nor the most technically challenging, but so smooth, baby, so smooth.

Also, I would bet you could kill the slime with a frost-spec DK.
◕/◕'s

Saerrael

Quote from: Shjade on September 02, 2011, 10:23:12 PM
Sorry, female tauren have the best dance, bar none. Not the sexiest, nor the most technically challenging, but so smooth, baby, so smooth.

Also, I would bet you could kill the slime with a frost-spec DK.

Hm, not sure, the DK we used was Blood/ Unholy. Maybe. I'm just surprised an SP couldn't with Mind Spikes.

Alucarddalv

the reason it is so tough is the amount of frost damage you need to put out is actually pretty high. As stated a frost dk might...might be able to do it but your best bet is still a frost mage....hell any mage.

Twilight doesn't exist nor should it ever had existed. Those things are not vampires no matter how much she wants to say they are. They are fey simple as that.

Does not sparkle.....

TheGlyphstone

Give your SP a frost-damage wand, and between them and the Frost DK, you might be able to pull it off. 75 frost attacks in 15 seconds needed to shatter him, according to Wowpedia.

Saerrael

Quote from: Alucarddalv on September 02, 2011, 10:29:26 PM
the reason it is so tough is the amount of frost damage you need to put out is actually pretty high. As stated a frost dk might...might be able to do it but your best bet is still a frost mage....hell any mage.
Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 02, 2011, 10:36:25 PM
Give your SP a frost-damage wand, and between them and the Frost DK, you might be able to pull it off. 75 frost attacks in 15 seconds needed to shatter him, according to Wowpedia.

Well, we were just doing for shit and giggles. I do have a mage I could log to for that boss if the guild ever decides to try fun stuff while.. utterly drunk *nods*
I take it frost lance spam will get it down? (for future reference)

TheGlyphstone

Honestly, I'm not sure even a single 85 frost mage could do it, because it's damage-independent. You need more than 25 hits in 15 seconds, because it takes 25 hits to push him into the next 'brittle' stage, and every 15 seconds he thaws 'back' one stage. Unless Frost Lance is off the global cooldown, one mage spamming it would only get 15 hits in 15 seconds (or 10, if it's 1.5sec, I forget).

Alucarddalv

well then according to that you would need two people able to put out frost damage....two mages or a mage and a dk....With two mages you could just spam Blizzard in theory with enough haste.

Then again if the rumors are true it may be a moot point soon enough. rumors floating around are that we may see AQ 20 and 40 as two of the 3 new five mans in 4.3.

Does not sparkle.....