News:

Main Menu

Coffee or Tea?

Started by Slaven, August 25, 2011, 06:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaven

So in my short stay here, I've seen a lot of people talking about their want or need for a caffeine fix. In almost every random discussion it always comes up: Either coffee or tea.

So I figured it would be fun to present the question to everyone and see exactly what it was they use to get them through their daily dose of caffeine.

Coffee or Tea? Do you drink either or both? How do you like it? Do you prefer herbal teas or sweet teas and do you prefer plain coffee, espressos, or frozen coffees?

Let the discussion begin!

I personally prefer a warm sun tea at least once a day to help relax me. ;)
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Inkidu

Coffee. Tea is gross to me and only fit to be thrown in Boston harbor... and no Britain we will not boil the ocean first.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Xanatos

There are a lot of American's who drink soda and now an increasing trend of people who drink those vile energy drinks; though I admit to having one, rarely, if I seriously need a quick dirty energy boost. However, I can't have a whole can (which is two servings if drinking a normal Rockstar) because it screws up my breathing.

I think the reason for the rise in energy drinks is convenience as with most things and it tastes a hell of a lot better than the bitter crap most coffee is. Mocha's and the like do NOT count, as they are by en large milk product - milk, chocolate, cream, whipped cream. A person is getting far more sugar than caffeine from those.

Inkidu

Quote from: Xanatos on August 25, 2011, 06:48:26 PM
There are a lot of American's who drink soda and now an increasing trend of people who drink those vile energy drinks; though I admit to having one, rarely, if I seriously need a quick dirty energy boost. However, I can't have a whole can (which is two servings if drinking a normal Rockstar) because it screws up my breathing.

I think the reason for the rise in energy drinks is convenience as with most things and it tastes a hell of a lot better than the bitter crap most coffee is. Mocha's and the like do NOT count, as they are by en large milk product - milk, chocolate, cream, whipped cream. A person is getting far more sugar than caffeine from those.
That's funny because I think that energy drinks taste like bitter cough syrup with carbonation. However, a halfway decent cup of coffee is much more appealing and probably better for the sake of health.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Will

All of the above for myself.  I have a very real caffeine addiction, and that is not a joke.  If I don't have it, I get throbbing headaches and have difficulty focusing.  When I do get it, it doesn't really give me energy; it just relieves those symptoms and wakes me up a little.

I love coffee primarily, but also tea (though my tea may or may not be caffeinated) and energy drinks.  I don't drink coffee very much at all in the summer; it's way too friggin hot.  I tend to grab energy drinks on my way to work or on break or something.  Some of them are indeed nasty, but some of them I enjoy quite a lot.  I often wonder what the long term effects will be of drinking so many energy drinks/shots will be... I mean, they haven't been available for long enough to know, have they?  I can't imagine getting a thousand percent of my daily recommended allowance of B12 is going to be good for me. >.>
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Slaven

Quote from: Xanatos on August 25, 2011, 06:48:26 PM

I'm traditional myself. I've used energy drinks before and the crash you have when they wear off isn't worth it. A simply cup of coffee or tea allows you to loosen up and become more alert without the crashing later. Anyone who has used those 'five hour energy drinks' knows exactly what I mean. That said, it takes me a large number of energy drinks to even get a slight bit of an energy buzz. I downed a Monster and chased it with three five hour energies one night and was passed out an hourlate.

Quote from: Will on August 25, 2011, 07:06:55 PM
  I can't imagine getting a thousand percent of my daily recommended allowance of B12 is going to be good for me. >.>

We all have our guilty moment.

Silverfyre

I have only been able to stomach two energy drinks: Bawls (yeah, laugh it up) and 5-hour Energy.  I'm not a big fan of the whole energy drink crave in general but that's more a matter of personal taste than anything.

I was raised in a Canadian household so that means that coffee and tea are a staple.  I have been an avid "Red Rose" tea drinker since I was quite young and am a big fan of the darker roast coffees.  I purchased a Keurig single-serving coffee maker last year and it has been a wonderful product for those who enjoy sampling different coffees and teas, such as myself. 

So yes, to both coffee and tea for me.

Jag

TEA!...Okay, I got that out of my system.

Tea does have caffeine, but it really comes down to taste. Many think tea has a bitter taste or makes their mouth feel dry. Personally, I don't like coffee because of the taste (and because it messes horribly with my stomach). I don't drink tea for the caffeine, I drink it for the taste.

As for herbals, blends, etc...all of them. I drink bagged and loose leaf. Herbals and 'true' teas. Green, black, oolong, white, red, herbal. Homemade and store bought. I do feel lucky that I am within an hour of a wonderful tea store that hand blends their tea.

Energy drinks go in the same basket as coffee for me. Soda...I like Orange.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Slaven

Quote from: Michi No Sora on August 25, 2011, 07:20:24 PM
Personally, I don't like coffee because of the taste (and because it messes horribly with my stomach).

Oh, it's been so long since I've had coffee that I actually forgot about that. Coffee does horrifying things to my stomach as well. horrible, painful things that were worth repressing in my memories.

Oniya

Quote from: Will on August 25, 2011, 07:06:55 PM
I can't imagine getting a thousand percent of my daily recommended allowance of B12 is going to be good for me. >.>

http://women.emedtv.com/vitamin-b12/vitamin-b12-safety.html

There are probably other things in energy drinks that are more dangerous than the 1000% USRDA of B12.  For example, I've seen someone go into a caffeine overdose after consuming a pot of strong coffee (filled it to the 8-10 line) and chasing it with a Red Bull.

As for me, I start with a cup of tea in the morning.  Around 2:30, I either scavenge a cup of strong coffee and cut it 1:1 with milk, or brew a cup of instant in milk instead of water (for that '2:30 feeling').  Then, after putting the little Oni down, I have a weak cup of coffee before I start work.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Haloriel

I hold a general preference for tea over coffee.

However, that said: Loose leaf tea - preferably Earl Grey, well steeped in an infusion ball, covered for at least five minutes.  (Yes, I am very exact.)

As to coffee: Fresh ground is lovely with just a hint of cream and only two sugar cubes.

Lastly?  Bawls is amazing.  Just had to put in my two currency.

Slaven

Since it's on the subject matter, I'm certain there are plenty of people here that enjoy some nice Bawls.

Silverfyre

Haloriel especially loves them I hear. :P

Haloriel

~snicker~  Nice one Silver.

Slaven

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 25, 2011, 07:51:57 PM
Haloriel especially loves them I hear. :P

Would have only been better had you asked if she liked her Bawls warm.

Haloriel

Thank you for saying it for me, Slaven ... because I was so thinking it. :D

Slaven

I'm sure it was on the silent thoughts of everyone who had glanced through this thread in the last ten minutes.

Back on topic, however. I find green teas much more satisfying than black teas. For me, black teas are hard to make taste good without the addition of sugar. A good lemon green tea with a dash of cinnamon is hard to beat though.

Silverfyre

I'm a terrible gentleman tonight it seems. 

Craz

Given the choice? Tea, earl grey, hot. My dad turned me onto it during my junior year of high school, when I was taking Advanced Placement. I've also grown attached to mocha frappucinos. I like my coffee all Starbucksy and wussy-like. I blame NaNoWriMo. I've spent more money at coffee shops in the past month than I have in the past three years.

Will

Quote from: Oniya on August 25, 2011, 07:31:39 PM
http://women.emedtv.com/vitamin-b12/vitamin-b12-safety.html

There are probably other things in energy drinks that are more dangerous than the 1000% USRDA of B12.  For example, I've seen someone go into a caffeine overdose after consuming a pot of strong coffee (filled it to the 8-10 line) and chasing it with a Red Bull.

As for me, I start with a cup of tea in the morning.  Around 2:30, I either scavenge a cup of strong coffee and cut it 1:1 with milk, or brew a cup of instant in milk instead of water (for that '2:30 feeling').  Then, after putting the little Oni down, I have a weak cup of coffee before I start work.

That's definitely an interesting link, but I'm more concerned with the long term effects of having that 1000% a few times a week for, say, ten or fifteen years.  And I agree about the other things in the drink, too.  B12 was just the first example I grabbed for.  The effects of long term caffeine use, however, are pretty well documented I would think.  I know that's bad for me. XD  It's the unknown I'm concerned about.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Well, water soluble vitamins don't tend to build up in the body - I've heard that some B-supplements can cause some entertaining (but harmless) results when you pee them out, though.  Most of the vitamins that do have toxic effects are fat-soluble (A, D, E, and K) and get stored in the body.  The article did list some short-term 'overdose' symptoms (which looked a lot like the standard 'body-get-rid-of-bad-stuff' reactions), and of course if you suffer from those on a frequent basis, it's going to have an effect on you (malabsorption and dehydration at a minimum).

On a whim, I looked up a few popular daily multi-vitamins and checked the nutritional info - most of the B vitamins (had to dredge my memory on the actual names on some) were at or above 100% - one was as high as 1667% for B12 (a 'for Men' vitamin) and as I recall, the B's are the ones they dump into most energy drinks. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Xanatos

B-Vitamins supposedly open up the blood veins which allows more blood, thus giving the impression of more energy... or so I've heard -shrugs-.

Slaven

For some reason I have an awkward feeling that we might have some possible nutrition majors present.

Oniya

Nah.  *points to custom text*  Not me, anyways.

Silverfyre

She is quickly reaching TWO storehouses full and it's hardly useless.

Xanatos

Quote from: Slaven on August 25, 2011, 10:51:36 PM
For some reason I have an awkward feeling that we might have some possible nutrition majors present.

Not even close to being a Nutrion major, but I do keep my eye on it a bit. I am among several Registered Dietitians at the hospital I work at, however. One of the ladies is in the process of getting her masters. I also have a friend who is going into sports medicine, and another friend is aiming to be a PA, a Physicians Assistant; his wife is a very smart Brazilian who wants to be a doctor. So, I may not be a major, but I've got connections.

Kuroneko

I have a preference for tea, but I like espresso as well.  I really can't stand drip coffee, and I don't care for chai.  My favorite caffeinated tea is Her Majesty's Blend by Ridgeways, but it's very hard to find.  I also love jasmine tea, black or green.  Most of the time however, I drink Rooisbos with a little bit of agave nectar if it's hot, straight up if it's cold.  For espresso I usually make a latte with rice milk or a mocha with chocolate hazelnut milk, hot or col depnding on the time of year, as I'm allergicic to milk and soy. 

Hmmm, now I want a cup of Rooibos, lol. 
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Slaven

Aye, Kuro. I can understand that as well. I've never been a fan of drip coffee. When I was smaller, my parents always drank it. I wanted to be like them, so I did as well. The difference was, mine was about 40% coffee, 50% milk, and %10 sugar.

Lilias

I like regular coffee, moderately sweet (level teaspoon of demerara per mug), ideally with a good dash of evaporated milk, though here in the UK I compromise with CoffeeMate most of the time. I invariably have a mug to kickstart my day. I might brew another pot around 9pm, to enjoy more slowly, since it doesn't interfere with my sleep.

I love tea as well, and I go about sampling everything, at all hours. A couple of months ago I invested in a tea-for-one, and my consumption has gone up since. I prefer green and white teas, but fruit-flavoured blacks, like Lady Grey, have their time as well. I love herbal infusions, particularly those involving berries, while I abhor mint in any and all incarnations. Chai latte is one of my definitions of heaven in a cup, but my favourite town cafe has spoiled me (blasted milk frother) for homebrewing.

Coffee is a utilitarian drink that happens to be enjoyable as well. Tea is an enjoyment that may or may not have a useful effect attached.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Avis habilis

Coffee. Black. No sugar. Strong enough to kill small rodents at a distance. No flavors either. Coffee has a flavor, dammit, it's coffee flavored!

Jag

I accidentally served the coffee that had just been brewed for our iced coffee to a customer once. Our iced coffee starts with triple brewing the coffee. We make a normal pot, then put fresh grounds in and pour the already made coffee where the water goes, then brew it again. Then we do that again. Then we put it in the iced coffee canister and pour in some cold water.

The customer came back thinking I had tried to poison them or something.

Avis habilis

Now, see, I would have been back for another every morning after that.

Until a tolerance built up. Then it would be twice a morning.

Jag

We have a guy that comes in everyday and gets a large, black coffee with 12 shots of espresso in it. I swear, he's going to have a heart attack from it one of these days.

My daughters god-father likes his coffee the way we brew the iced coffee at work. We do, surprisingly, have some people come in and ask if we're brewing the iced coffee so they can get it hot instead of cold. It makes me shudder to think of what it would taste like.

Oniya

Quote from: Silverfyre on August 25, 2011, 11:20:41 PM
She is quickly reaching TWO storehouses full and it's hardly useless.

The Storehouse is dimensionally transcendent.  ;D

Lilias

Did you have to threaten the Warehouse 13 people so they wouldn't lift the concept wholesale? >:)
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Slaven

Quote from: Michi No Sora on August 26, 2011, 09:29:22 AM
I accidentally served the coffee that had just been brewed for our iced coffee to a customer once. Our iced coffee starts with triple brewing the coffee. We make a normal pot, then put fresh grounds in and pour the already made coffee where the water goes, then brew it again. Then we do that again. Then we put it in the iced coffee canister and pour in some cold water.

The customer came back thinking I had tried to poison them or something.

that would be awesome. Talking about a wake up call.

Beguile's Mistress

Coffee in its purest form is my choice; hot, strong and black and only occasionally flavored with something like hazelnut or cinnamon.

I like teas in all its infinite varieties, however.  There are few flavored teas that I don't care for and the pekoes, oolongs, breakfast teas and others are all welcome at my table.  I never use milk, occasionally use lemon and seldom use sugar to doctor my tea and when sugar or lemon (and occasionally lime or orange) are used it is the barest minimum or skins (tangerine is a favorite) are infused with the tea.  Fruit skins like apple, pear, peach or plum bring another level of flavor to some teas, as well.

It's coffee to get the job done and playing with teas to have some fun.

Slaven

Yeah, I sometimes I wish I could stomach coffee. It seems to get the job done much better, but that said..Tea has so many different flavors and varieties that it keeps my life interesting enough. :D

badsam

Depends....
Early in the morning or late ate night... coffee (when you need a punch to wake up or stay up ;) )
during the day I prefer tea... warm
ohh.. and  by the way... both coffee and tea without sugar :D

Slaven

Yeah, sugar makes the flavor kinda go bland in my opinion.

undisclosedtoyou

I prefer coffee.  On usual days, I'll take mine with cream and three tablespoons of sugar.  When I go out for it, I prefer a nice strong espresso with cream.  In the summer I like my coffee iced, and flavored with Hazelnut.  I can't stand weak coffee though, tastes like dirty water, and is a complete waste.

As for tea, the only ones I like are sweet, my favorite being a nice black Ginger Peach, with maybe a little sugar, but most of the time without.  On rare occasions, I'll drink green tea hot.  Again, I can't stand it weak, or too strong really.  And I like it better when it's half iced tea, and half lemonade.  I almost always prefer my tea iced.

With energy drinks, I don't drink them very often, sometimes I'll drink a red bull or a rock star, but only on rare occasions.

I like soda, maybe a little too much.  My favorite is Diet Coke, and Ginger ale.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Slaven

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 01, 2011, 04:20:29 PM
As for tea, the only ones I like are sweet, my favorite being a nice black Ginger Peach, with maybe a little sugar, but most of the time without.  On rare occasions, I'll drink green tea hot.  Again, I can't stand it weak, or too strong really.  And I like it better when it's half iced tea, and half lemonade.  I almost always prefer my tea iced.

Haha, down here we have iced tea all the time. I call it heart attack in a cup cause it's like 80% tea, 20% sugar.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Slaven on September 01, 2011, 04:45:31 PM
Haha, down here we have iced tea all the time. I call it heart attack in a cup cause it's like 80% tea, 20% sugar.

Lol, just how it's meant to be :D
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Slaven

You would love my tea then. :P I make it old southern style, like my grandmother taught me to. :P

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Slaven on September 01, 2011, 08:16:19 PM
You would love my tea then. :P I make it old southern style, like my grandmother taught me to. :P

Why does this ^ make me gutter?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Jag

I make good sweet tea (I've been told), but I don't drink it.

Slaven

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 01, 2011, 08:25:41 PM
Why does this ^ make me gutter?

Mebbe?

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 01, 2011, 08:29:04 PM

never try it. It's habit forming. :(

undisclosedtoyou

My mom used to make a whole huge thing of iced tea, when I was young, sun brewing it all day.  I remember not liking it though, probably because it was Lipton tea bags, ew.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oniya

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 01, 2011, 08:29:04 PM

The stuff at McD's is known locally as 'diabetes in a cup'.

I'll add just a little sugar to herbal blends, a spoonful to the cheap stuff (plus milk).  I learned the hard way not to add milk to fruit teas. ::)

Slaven

Quote from: Oniya on September 01, 2011, 08:56:16 PM

I'll add just a little sugar to herbal blends, a spoonful to the cheap stuff (plus milk).  I learned the hard way not to add milk to fruit teas. ::)

Oh, wow. I bet that was bad!

Oniya

When your drink suddenly develops precipitate, you typically don't check to see if it's bad.  I cursed the waste of a tea-bag and got a clean cup.

Slaven

Haha. I think I died a little inside while laughing. I wasn't even aware that was a possibility. :P

Jag

I sun brew my sweet tea, but if I want to drink it I will get my glass before I sweeten it. I usually only add lemon or oranges to my sun brewed tea. The hubby likes it diabetes sweet though.

As for the tea at McDs...all I know is that our unsweet is terribly bitter. Since a few of the guys in back thought it would be funny to put iced coffee in the unsweet container and unsweet in the iced coffee container, we have to test it after they fill them to make sure we know which is which. So I know our unsweet sucks...but I've never tried the sweet and don't plan to. I'll stick to making my own 'sweet' tea at home.

And yeah, milk in fruit tea usually isn't that great. :P I don't add anything to my teas, usually, beyond some lemon or ice.

Lilias

Quote from: Oniya on September 01, 2011, 08:56:16 PM

I haven't been to a McD's in months, probably over a year, so don't quote me... but, as far as I know, both tea and coffee here are served unsweetened. The customer is welcome to as many sugar sticks and milk mini-cups as they want, but nobody gets to blame the staff for not making the brew to their taste.

Greek coffee, on the other hand, is brewed with sugar (and never milk, unless it's iced), but the variations are very specific about the ratio, so there's little grounds for complaints. ;)
~Wendell Berry

Reagan

I'm a tea drinker.  It has to be hot, strong and with a generous dash of milk.  There are stronger brands here and brands for hard water areas that I prefer.

I drink green and peppermint teas (almost always hot, but then my climate is quite cool) by way of rationing my regular tea intake and giving my gut some respite.  I have a big mug about twice the size of a regular mug and I'll refill it at least hourly.  I like jasmine scented green tea and I also love peppermint with some liquorice thrown in but I can't always get those variations locally.

As a pick me up at home I'll have lemon juice and ginger in some boiling hot water.  When I'm out and about though, I have been known to resort to the occasional energy drink.  There are cheap assed supermarket knock-offs that I buy, rather than the expensive branded cans.  I'll generally buy a can of supermarket energy drink, a small bottle of Tropicana and then I mix them both up.

For day to day get up & go though, nothing beats Ginseng.

Slaven

..I have to admit that I've never tried a peppermint tea. That has now been added as one of my life goals! Peppermint tea here we come.

Oniya

Peppermint tea is wonderful!  It's great either hot or iced, and if you have a moderate-sized pot (or a walled-off portion of yard), you can get it for practically free.  When we moved into our house, I bought a small mint plant at the local grocery (check the fresh herbs section - if they don't have it in dirt, you can probably root it using a glass of water).  Five years later, it's still going strong.

Lilias

I can't stand peppermint, but I definitely recommend apple and cinnamon. It's what is served in traditional Turkish bath houses, last thing before you leave the place. Definitely grounds you to face the rest of the day. ;)
~Wendell Berry

Jag

Quote from: Lilias on September 02, 2011, 09:34:35 AM
I can't stand peppermint, but I definitely recommend apple and cinnamon.

+1

Peppermint makes me gag.

Slaven

Quote from: Lilias on September 02, 2011, 09:34:35 AM
I can't stand peppermint, but I definitely recommend apple and cinnamon. It's what is served in traditional Turkish bath houses, last thing before you leave the place. Definitely grounds you to face the rest of the day. ;)

Mm..I've had apple and cinnamon. Both are heavenly little drinks that I partake of regularly. :D

undisclosedtoyou

So I've tried adding pumpkin pie spice to the grounds while brewing, and it tastes delicious!  Although I have to find the right amount, because too much impedes filtering for some reason.

Also, I do have to say that how you brew tea definitely makes a difference.  I can make a so so cup, that tastes passingly alright.  But if you go to an actual tea house, with a good reputation, than it's almost always made deliciously.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Malefique

I'm a Brit, and I have to confess - I hate tea!  Seriously, I'd rather drink dishwater.  I've tried all kinds of fruit and herb ones, including liquorice and choco, but there's only one hot drink for me and that's coffee.  (Which does not cover the stuff they serve at MacDs, that's just liquid plastic).  I do use milk but never sugar.  I start the day with a pint of Brazilian, and top up all day long with all kinds of lovely caffeine-ridden stuff.  I never drink decaf, it makes me aggressive  ::).  In summer I have iced coffee, in winter I like extra espresso topped with cream.  In Russia I did develop a very brief fondness for lemon tea but only because their coffee was, in all honesty, piss-poor, and came in either ghastly presweetened and whitened or tiny cups of Turkish sludge.  The best coffee I ever had was in Italy, it was heaven in a cup, but French coffee came a close second.  I can't honestly remember what the coffee tasted like in Amsterdam, read that one how you will, but the worst I ever had - served in the cafe at a Morrison's store in Widnes, which was utterly vile and an insult to the name of coffee.  Shame on them. 
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

TheAnimeFanGirl

I like both. Depending on who makes it and what kind it is, sometimes coffee can be a bit bitter even with cream and sugar. Some days I prefer tea though.
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

Sybl

Hazelnut coffee main choice, occasionally with a pinch of cinnamon

Sun Tea, 2/3's green tea 1/3 black tea

Rarely drink Pepsi

I dislike flavored tea, and herbal tea is nasty. I tried a few, didn't like any)

Once a month I treat my self to a Mocha Cappuccino, dropping in a chunk of extra dark chocolate. (Heavenly)

Ashe

I had a Romanian professor previously who was addicted to coffee and tea so much, she got rid of office hours.  If you wanted to see her, you had to go with her to Starbucks'.  It was adorable.

Apparently, in Romania, there's a big culture battle on tea versus coffee?  Adults are bigger on tea, but coffee is taking over, with the help of Starbucks.  And there's a lot of etiquette to them both, as to when you have what kind of tea/coffee and with what.  They're big on black coffee with honey, just as if it were tea.

You have darker, stronger flavors in the morning, in the afternoon you have light flavors, and in the evening, you have decaffeinated "warm" flavors.

I drink both, and I tended to follow that etiquette already.  I was just surprised at how people are practically surrounding their social lives around drinking.  Well, drinking that doesn't make you lose your mind.

Chris Brady

Personally I find the taste of coffee too bitter to be palatable, so I much prefer tea.  Although, yeah, I do sweeten it (preferably with honey.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Adammair

I actually drink both coffee and tea, depending on my mood, but I find coffee revs up my metabolism too much, and for someone with a naturally high metabolism, that isn't always a good thing.

As far as coffee, any flavor is fine as long as it's got milk or half and half (preferably the latter) and sugar to sweeten.

And for tea, I love Snapple, pretty much any kind, plastic or glass bottles, whatever.

madbadpenguin

As an Englishman I am predisposed to enjoy Tea, but none of this weak milky crap. It has to be strong.

Coffee however is my real love, South American tends to be my favourite. I have tried most of what is on offer out there with Jamaican Blue Mountain, Weasel Coffee, Greek/Turkish but I am still to try Kopi Luwak.
On my command let the bickering commence!