A Science Fantasy Idea[NC to EX]

Started by Dorian Grandale, November 09, 2012, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorian Grandale

Well, we still need a captain for the refugee ship..
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

IrishWolf

Didn't Alexandra claim that spot.....

Dorian Grandale

I know. I've been waiting on her chara sheet, as well.

Kdyami

Worst case scenario the captain is killed and the marine captain takes over Trusting the XO (some NPC lieutenant) to handle flying specifics. Or something like that.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Dorian Grandale

Hmm. I'll try to see what's going on with Alexandra, then I'll get back to you on that.

Caela

Or, if she's no longer interested, the Captain could be an NPC until someone else is interested.

Dorian Grandale

True. Won't know until I talk to her, but she seems to be completely offline right now.

Alexandra Moldovia

Name: Alexandra

Race: Human

Appearance: Alexandra is about five foot 7 inches tall, with crystal clear eyes, one a piercing violet, the other a burning gold.  She's rather stacked with a DD-cup chest, long raven black hair with streaks of purple and blue coloring, lean strong legs made for running and just enough fat to make her look soft hug-able and curvy.

Ons: Pregnancy, giving oral sex, reciving Anal sex, being taken seriously, light pain, light bondage-if she trusts the other person, breast worship, cock worship, watersports
Offs: slavery, being thought of as 'just a woman,' not getting the respect she deserves...heavy pain, torture, ect.

Abilities:

1. Military Black ops training, (Gives Combat training. Weapons, tactics, maybe -some- electronic warfare stuff.)
2. Psychic talent, (Awoken by the trauma of the failed op.)
3. (Not sure what to put here, given I'm aiming to make her a Dragon disciple)

Background: Alexandra had a distinguished career in the Terran military, but that career went down in flames when an operation she was in charge of went bad.  When intel was off by a mile, Alexandra went in and tried to complete her mission, board a Quartona ship, gain intel and get out.  They were told they were walking into a moderately defended target.   What they got were a troop transport in the mist of preparing for a raid, using a recently opened hole in the Terran defense net.  Of ten soldiers sent in, only Alexandra  and 2 others made it out.  Without the intelligence, without stopping the raid.  The military needed a scape goat, and Alexandra was a little less than stable at the time, still stuck in her own hell.

So, she was Discharged, and drummed out of the service, or so they would have the public believe, in truth, when she threatened to go public, certain government officials took notice, and had her reinstated, on a special diplomatic mission.  Get to the Kyrie and get there aid, by whatever means necessary, before all hope for Terra was lost.   From there she was given a ship, a complement of Marines, and a message.  Her task was to get passed the Quartona blockade and bring back help, or die trying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to everyone involved, SWTOR has recently stolen my attention, I've got a plan to fix this however, I'll check the boards and update as needed before logging on, and when things get slow.

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Dorian Grandale

Ah, good. Glad you're still aboard with us.

I shall set up an initial IC thread in a bit.

Caela

Curious, it says she has psychich talent awoken by the failed OP but not what that talent is???

Dorian Grandale

Worry not, dear. We're discussing that.

Caela

IrishWolf

Alexandra Moldovia

Yep, now just waiting for Dorian to make the rp thread.

Dorian Grandale

Which is being written, as I type this.

Dorian Grandale

Prismwind

Name: Karasi Aderyn
Race: Terran
Appearance: http://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1241005

Ons: Karasi grew up wealthy, and despite her break from her family continued to lead a mostly high class lifestyle. Still, while she likes luxury, she has a distaste for the incincerity, polite smiles, and games that the rich and powerful play. She disagrees with arranged marriages and the need for constant etiquete and social games. She respects honesty, kindness, and sincerity, and prefers her girlfriends and boyfriends to share the same values. She does not like feeling restricted in a relationship and frequently takes multiple lovers. She is something of a tomboy, between her love for engineering and mechanics and her independent streak. She responds well to respect and shared interests, as well as affection. She also does not admit it often, but she happens to really love cute things, animals, and children, and has an extensive collection of anime she watches when relaxing and alone. She owns a variety of plushies she keeps stored away, they used to be in a closet in her home. Her tastes lean slightly more towards females than males, and most of her boyfriends have been pretty or effeminate males. In bed, she likes things passionate and a bit messy, enjoying rough sex and multiple partners.

Offs: She does not like being lied to or brownnosing, though she will take the second from an employee it is not likely to get someone into her pants. She has little time for fools and stupid people, and while she likes things a bit messy in bed, she does not go for actual filth, so no scat or watersports. She likes dirty talking but not demeaning and insulting comments... she's okay with slut, but not whore or bitch as one example. Finally, arrogance and snobbishness will turn her off quickly, she had more than enough of that amoung the rich and elite her parents had her around.

Abilities:
-Expert Programmer/Hacker: Karasi is an expert on cyber security and is also adept at writing code. While she normally uses her skills to enhance security and stop intruders, she could easily turn her skills to hacking, and occasionally has done so in order to trace a system intruder.
-Research Engineer: Karasi has been involved in the developement of new robotic and vehicle technologies, and is adept with both electronics and mechanics. This also means she can function well as an engineer should a ship or base she's on be short on them.
-Ritual Enchanter: Karasi knows magic, but not the kind you throw fireballs with in battle. Instead, all of her spells are carefully designed rituals using patterns and planning beforehand. She imbues objects or locations with enchantments of various kinds. While powerful, like her other capabilities she needs time and preparation to use them.

Background: Karasi Aderyn was always a very promising and bright girl, making high marks in all school subjects but most especially math and science. Taking an interest in computers from a young age, she made her parents proud when she was accepted into a prestigious university on track for a computer science degree. It was not much of a surprise when she went for a second major in robotics engineering. Her parents were each very traditional in their own way, their marriage arranged and heavily encouraged by their parents, one a descendant of a successful japanese business empire, the other born from a long line of English aristocrats who had maintained their wealth through the ages by various businesses and careful investments. The marriage and subsequent merger of two large international companies allowed for great monetary success, and both parents wanted Karasi to follow their example. Unfortunately, legally they could not force her to agree with an arranged marriage, and after meeting their chosen partner for her she refused. No amount of insistence on their part would convince her, and eventually, when they threatened to disown her, she invested in creating her own seperate company and moved away. They attempted to ruin her business using their larger assets, but she managed to survive, if barely, patenting several new robotics technologies.

Before she left she had learned a large amount of magical tradition from her Japanese heritage, but she approached it as more science than art, and took to studying other traditions as well on her own. She found what teachers and information she could and has been experimenting ever since, approaching it as science and designing runic circles the same way she approached designing circuit boards. While still learning, she still firmly believes in magic as being just another science. Her approach to the subject leads some more religious practicioners to think she lacks reverence and respect, but that is not the case. She simply believes gods and spirits, while possibly magically adept, have little to do with a human's ability to cast spells unless they're taking the easy path of relying on other's strength and knowledge instead of figuring things out themselves.

When the war really began, several of her facilities were hit, and the loss of infrastructure devastated her business. Seeing that her business would fail soon due to unfilled orders and financial loss due to the war, she consolidated the most important prototypes and liquidated assets, keeping all the data they had acrued with her. She invested a portion of these assets into easily carried valuables such as gems and gold, retaining some money in a suitcase as well, and leaving the rest in several bank accounts for if she ever made it back to Terra before joining the other refugees from the war in trying to make it to the Kyrie to ask for help, determined to use the technologies she had developed and her continuing research to further the war effort against the Quartona.
Ons and Offs

Honor the dark, it protects and hides from evil's sight, honor the dark and fear the light...

Dorian Grandale

Awesome background, Miss Prism. Approved!

One question though: Are you applying for a crew position, or are you just mixed in with the refugees?

Prismwind

I'm a refugee that will end up as part of the crew, thanks to my extensive capabilities in engineering and cyber security, in addition to my knowledge of automated defenses and controlling them, such as drones and turrets. Basically, I'm planning on her having an honorary military rank and a position in security.
Ons and Offs

Honor the dark, it protects and hides from evil's sight, honor the dark and fear the light...

Dorian Grandale

Ah, I see. I could see it now: some boarding action by the Quartona leaves the ship unable to directly control its combat drones..

What's the captain to do? Call in any and all techs aboard. As fate would have it, she just happens to have the drones' designer on board. Hehe. I like it.

Prismwind

Sounds good to me. I'm guessing she'll be something like the Science Officer from Star Trek, though much of her duties will be more geared towards defensive drones and turrets as well as any electronic warfare they have to deal with on a ship like this.
Ons and Offs

Dorian Grandale

*nods* Science Officer it is, then.

Check the OP for the IC thread link!

Alexandra Moldovia

Kdyami

I was waiting for the lizards to at least reach the Quartona fleet.  But if nobody posts before I get home I'm just going to throw it up.