News:

Main Menu

Ironman 3

Started by Sasquatch421, April 16, 2012, 03:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

I have no clue who has all heard about this yet, but appearently part of Iron Man 3 will be filmed in China. Does this mean Mandarin will finally get his shot at the ol Shellhead? Then again they could just give him a handfull and me a fangasm, by having Ironman take on both the Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom!

Like the old Tom Petty song says...The waiting is the hardest part.

Callie Del Noire

Well the director has dismissed the Mandarin as a 'racist caricature'. The news has also mention Ben Kingsley as the 'villain' of the piece.

Sasquatch421

Well, that sucks.... Maybe I can still get lucky with Fin Fang Foom. I guess directors just never like to give fans what they want, or they do and don't put any work into them... -stares menicingly at Sam Raimy-

Samael

What I heard is that they will do the Extremis arc, which was written by Warren Ellis and, indeed, features the Mandarin (who was pretty kickass in that story).
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

TheGlyphstone

It'd be very odd for them to set up the Ten Rings syndicate hints in the first movie and never resolve them.

Sasquatch421

I guess we'll just have to wait for more info then. Still I don't see how the Mandarin would be a racist villian. The majority of Marvel villians happen to be white, and if I remember right at least half of the Shellheads villians were Russian.

LunarSage

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on April 16, 2012, 03:35:37 PM
Well, that sucks.... Maybe I can still get lucky with Fin Fang Foom.

As long as he isn't wearing Kirby era pants.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 16, 2012, 03:29:03 PM
Well the director has dismissed the Mandarin as a 'racist caricature'.

Yeah I really don't get that either.  If anything he's a staunch traditionalist who reveres ancient Chinese culture more than many modern citizens do.  I fail to see how that's racist (nevermind that this is another example of the word 'racist' being used improperly.  The correct term is 'a caricature that promotes prejudice'). 

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Sabby

I refer to Jerry Jacksons wisdom.

"Hallo mister ayshen man, U NU i am not alowed 2 notis taht u r aishen"

"Tat is rite jerry, bcuz we r all teh same inside"