Star Wars FFG: The Old Republic (Recruitment)

Started by Angie, October 17, 2017, 11:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

So kind of a take your pick there though I'm not sure where he and Abigail would meet up.

Captain Whitebread

I've already written his freedom into his backstory.  Nobody spoke up about owning him until after I'd done it, so I'm not going to change it now.

Doesn't mean he won't attach himself to a strong female because that is a position he's comfortable in.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Gah.  Missed a whole bunch of replies yesterday.  Some days I hate E's notification system.

RegretNot

I will admit I hate the fact that Fantasy Flight still hasn't put out stats on Miraluka, I would love to make and play one. 

Pumpkin Seeds

Cataclysmic Archangel

I don't think I ever 'found' a mystic sourcebook.

Pumpkin Seeds

Captain Whitebread

Hexed

So Squibs... Not the best race to make a melee fighter type with. :D

First off Very much couldn't choose a pic. Not that Squibs have many in the first place. And yes, they evidently do come in more colours then blue. :)

First
Second
Third
Fourth (Would need to edit out tail. But like calicoish colour
Fifth

Now to steal from Captain Whitebread for a character sheet. Just gotta finish the fluff. But yay mechanics done.
Name:   
Cultural Background: The Poor and Hungry
Experiencing the Force: Pragmatic Power
Heeding the Call: Ultimate Abilities
Morality: 50   (+5xp & 1,000 credits option)
Emotional Strength: Enthusiasm
Emotional Weakness: Recklessness
Motivation: Ambition
Species: Squib
Brawn: 4    Wound Threshold:   13
Agility: 3
Intellect:   2
Cunning:   2
Willpower: 2      Strain Threshold:   13
Presence: 2
Starting XP: 105   (100 for species +5 for Morality)   
Force Rating:   1
Soak: 4 (5 with armor)

Career:Guardian
Specialization:Armorer

Skills:
Resilience 2 (Career+specialization)
Vigilance 1 (Career)
Mechanics 1 (Specialization)
Brawl 1 (Career)
Negotiation 1 (racial)

Force Power:
Enhance Basic Power; Force roll to enhance Athletics checks.

Talents
Gearhead: Remove 1 (black square) from mechanics checks. Credit cost of adding mods to attachments decresed by 50%

EXP Track 105xp total
90 xp to increase brawn from 1 to 4
10 xp for Enhance Basic Power
5 xp for Gearhead talent

Gear:
Credits 100
Encumbrance 7/12
Weapons;
Shock Gloves (300cred); Brawl, +0 dmg, crit 5, HP 1, Stun +3

Armor:
Pit Crew Coveralls (150 cred), Soak 1, HP 1, Increase Encumbrance threshold by 1, Reduce dmg from fire/burn quality by 1.

Other;
Mk. III Modular Backpack (75 cred) Increase Encumbrance Threshold by 2
Fusion Cutter (175 creds)
Tool Kit (350cred)
Scanner Goggles (150cred) See in dark normally
Handheld Comlink (25 cred)
Ration Pack qt 5 (25 cred)
Water Purifier (50 cred)
Stimpack qt 4 (100 cred)

Description:

Background:

Personality:

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ShinigamiWolf

I think...I'm burnt out on Force Users right now. I've done two year long campaigns at table and I think I've done a little of everything with em and I just can't bring myself to do another. I thought about doing an Echani Force Sensitive and going pure gloves with the idea of attempting to get cortosis gauntlets long term but I'm just not feeling it.

Anyways, feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about the system and what not and I'd be glad to help.

Rebelle

Hey there- I got pointed in this direction due to my love of star wars..

Here is my WIP

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Kea Sunrider
Cultural Background: Comfortable with Tech
Experiencing the Force: Pragmatic Power
Heeding the Call: With Great Power
Morality: 50   (+5xp & 1,000 credits option)
Emotional Strength: Bravery
Emotional Weakness: Anger
Motivation: Ambition - Survival
Species: Human (Correlian)
Brawn: 2   Wound Threshold:   14
Intellect:   3
Cunning:   2
Willpower: 2      Strain Threshold:   14
Starting XP: 110
Force Rating:   1
Soak:

Career:Sentinel
Specialization:Artisan

Skills:
Skulduggery: 2
Perception:1
Piloting (Space)1
Computer: 2
Mechanics: 2
Astrogation: 1

Force Power:

Talents
Mental Tools
Defensive Slicing
Inventor
Technical Aptitude

EXP Track
+30 Intellect, +30 Agility, +5 Mental Tools, +5 Technical Aptitude, +15 Defensive Slicing, +15 Inventor, +5 Astrogation, +10 Mechanics

Gear: Gear: Electronic Lockbreaker [1,000], Comlink [25], Datapad [75], Heavy Clothing [50] Light Blaster [300]

Armor:

Other;

Description:

Background:
Kea was born into a rather large Corellian family, five aunts, six uncles and many cousins as well as her grandparents on both sides.  They lived outside of Coronet City, but their lands were vast, her paternal grandfather owned a shipyard where his sons and daughters worked either as mechanics and ship designers, or pilots.  They were considered by those who knew them to be the pristine example of what it meant to be Corellian.  Family ties were deep, their bonds were close knit, and they were loyal to those they considered friends.  Kea’s mother Daya and her father Varik were pilots for the family and while they had a home on the family land – their true home was amongst the stars.

While the Sunriders were known to be upstanding Corellian citizens, that did not mean that they were also law abiding citizens.  While the Sunriders made a respectable business with their vast enterprise, they were not above smuggling if the creds were right.  Daya was a top notch slicer and her skills were sought far and wide, while Varik had been known to be one of the fastest pilots around.   Their names preceded themselves, those who worked with them or for them, or those who sought out their services knew they would be dealt with fairly, and those who tried to cross them quickly found that this was not a good idea.

It was amongst the stars that Kea was born.  Varik had been trying in vain to find some place to land, but it seemed as if the young child was not going to have any sort of patience and arrived before they could even begin their descent.  However, Varik was unaware until he went to check on his beloved and her labor – to find mother and babe curled together.  Varik had always teased his daughter that the only time she had ever been silent was when she was born – and she was now making up for it every chance she got. 

Kea was a precocious child, there was not a computer she could not tame, a code she could not crack.  She took to the pilot’s chair just as easily as she did with walking.  A few stumbles and bruises, but once she was up – she was running.  Her parents indulged their daughter, but not to the extent of spoiling her; but simply allowed her to discover the worlds around her, and her own limits.  Things came to the girl as if they were second nature, and her parents were rarely disappointed.  Save for the time she was caught slicing into the computer of a law enforcement agency when they were actually planetside, spending time with family before once more taking off for the stars, just to prove to her cousins that she could.

How she wound up on Nar Shadda is what began to mold her into the person that she is still becoming.  Her parents were en route with a cargo delivery when they came upon a fire fight, a ship was under siege by pirates, an SOS had been called out – yet none were answering.  Her family took it upon themselves to lend assistance.  After all – Corellians might be pirates at times, this seemed to simply be nothing more than a ship of civilians, perhaps even a family – what could they possibly be carrying in which made them a target.  The Sunriders despised bullies after all.  They came flying in, Varik in the captain’s chair, Daya on the canon, and Kea keeping an eye on the engine and the ship itself.  What could have taken a crew of five only took a crew of three to scare off the pirates and rescue the ship.  Later on –she had asked her father as to why he would bother as it didn’t concern them.. His answer was straight forward, “because if we didn’t, who would have?  It doesn’t matter if it were one ship, two ships, or a whole fleet.  It’s what separates us from them.”  These were words that she would try to live by.  Even after their ship docked on Nar Shadda, and the pirates who were looking for revenge came upon them.  Her mother was fatally wounded – her father survived, but was never the same.  The pirates?  They did not die that day.  But their fleet was taken apart bit by bit, their ships tagged for the officials to stop them, to raid them – to find what they believed to be hidden in the hulls.  They found docks suddenly closed to them, and their ships damaged if they were able to dock.  Then and only then did the pirates who had been preying upon the helpless begin to disappear.

The Sunriders never leave one of their own behind – nor do they allow their name to be forgotten.

Now Kea works in the shadows, a slicer for hire – but only if the reason is right.  Her father still lives, though his passion for life has diminished.  Though he never regrets that day in the stars, he does regret his choice of not doing away with the spacers right then and there. 

Personality:

Changed her name, finished statting her out, and did her background, just have to do the other bits and bobs.

RegretNot

Here is what I have so far for my Sentinel partially trained by his father but left to rot on Nar Shadda. 

Yurik Lanton
Name: Yurik Lanton
Cultural Background: Comfortable with Tech
Experiencing the Force: One with the Force
Heeding the Call: With Great Power…
Morality: 50   (+5xp, 1000 cr)
Emotional Strength: Justice
Emotional Weakness: Cruelty
Motivation: Cause - Justice
Species: Human
Brawn: 2    Wound Threshold:   12
Agility: 2
Intellect:   2
Cunning:   4
Willpower: 2      Strain Threshold:   12
Starting XP: 115
Force Rating: 1
Soak: 3

Career: Sentinel
Specialization: Shien Expert

Skills:
Athletics 1, Deception 1, Perception 1, Stealth 2, Lightsaber 1, Skulduggery 1, Streetwise 1

Force Power: Sense (Control +1, misdirect attack)

Talents Street Smarts, Shien Technique, Reflect

EXP Track 10 on Force Power Sense + Cunning 70 + Street Smarts 5 + Shien Technique 10 + Reflect 5 + Streetwise 5 + Control in Sense 10 +

Gear: Utility Belt, Stimpack Training Saber, Blaster Pistol, Comlink, Binders, 350 Credits

Armor: Concealing Robes

Description: Yurik stands just over six foot with light brown hair and brown eyes, looking rather non-descript as he carries himself in a reserved manner.  His eyes never stop surveying his surroundings as he seems to bleed right into the background and be able to disappear in plain sight. 

Background: Yurik was born to Jace Lanton and Mara Veran.  Jace was a Jedi that was stationed on Nar Shadda to infiltrate the criminal dealings that helped support the Sith.  Jace’s cover became so deep that he had a child with a local in Mara Veran, a swoop racer and gang member.  He was raised with the tenants of the Jedi shrouded by the darkness of Nar Shadda.  At a young age his father was killed in a cross fire leaving his training far from complete and using that along with his mother’s ways he continued what he believed was his father’s work with no real communication with the Jedi Order.  He has taken out low level gangs without much help from any form of law enforcement painting a more myth on his presence on Nar Shadda but not enough to get any real attention from the larger enterprises controlling the moon. 

Angie

Neat, more people! Looking good on both of you.

RegretNot: I think I can allow a training saber to slip through, baby's first lightsaber is okay. Just bear in mind it won't be being upgraded to full lightsaber for a while.

Urbanzorro

My attempt at a Gank:
Septimius
Name: Septimius
Cultural Background:Comfortable With Technology
Experiencing The Force:Pragmatic Power
Heeding The Call: Ultimate Abilities
Morality: 50 (+5XP+1000 Credits)
Emotional Strength: Bravery
Emotional Weakness: Obsession
Species: Gank
Motivation: Ambition - Revenge
Experience: 115
Brawn: 3
Intellect: 2
Cunning: 2
Willpower: 2
Presence: 1
Soak Value: 5
Wound Threshold: 13
Current Wounds:
Strain Threshold: 12
Current Strain:
Ranged Defense: 0
Melee Defense: 0
Force Raiting: 1
Career: Seeker
Specialization: Executioner, Assassin(30)
Skills:Vigilance 2, Knowledge Xenology 1 Ranged Heavy 2,Survival 1,Discipline 1, Brawl 1
Talents: Lethal Blows, Quick Strike, Quick Draw
Gear: Repulsor Fist, Gank Comm Implant, Corellian Arms SKZ Sporting Blaster, Slugthrower Assault Carbine, Chitin Armor, Extra Reload, Utility Belt

Background
The Early Years of a Gank

Shadow-Stalker, Septimius so named for the fact that he was the seventh pup born to the Stalker litter of the Shadow pack, was raised in the same manner as most Ganks.

Under the watchful eyes of their elders Septimius, along with his brothers and sisters, learned just what it meant to be a Gank. His litter learned that most of the galaxy views their kind as little more then hired guns. Many going so far as to consider them simple murderers. But they also learned that their was no shame in such a reputation. For what shame does a predator find in downing his prey? The fact that the more 'civilized' races often sought to hire a Gank pack when real killing was needed more then proved that their scorn was simply hypocrisy in a shoddy disguise.

These cultural lessons, interwoven with  more practical exercises, formed the basic education for Septimius and his litter. Along the journey to maturity they learned how to hunt, how to fight, how to kill. They were taught squad tactics, wilderness survival, and weapon maintenance in the way that most other races teach their children basic arithmetic or literacy. When others learned religion, worship of The Force, or reverence for life. The litter learned to honor the pack through strength, to honor the prey with a swift death, and to honor each other through memory and song.

Once the cusp of adulthood was reached Septimius and his litter were given their final test. Left on a harsh world, with minimal supplies and no support they were to remain alive until retrieved... Not all survived. Some fell to the beasts of that hellish place, others starved so that the stronger would live. When the pack finally returned for its seventeen pups what it found was eight hunters.

These eight adults had learned the final lesson: Sooner or later the hunter dies, but the pack survives...

Into Adulthood

Upon surviving to adulthood Septimius and his remaining litter mates received their 'voice' among the pack. The communication implant which signified their status as full members of the pack. Along with this came the privilege of self modification, the opportunity to earn their true names, should they prove worthy, and the expectation that they would join the hunt.

If a Gank is lucky the moment before they are rendered unconscious for the grafting of their implant is the last time they are ever alone. When they awaken the 'voices' of the pack are with them, and remain until death. It is in this way that the pack exists. That the many fight as one, that courage is shared and fear ignored. Every joy, sorrow, defeat, and triumph is shared. Every Gank remembered, and when necessary avenged.

For the next several years Septimius was lucky...

The Life of the Hunt

If a Gank is lucky, he's never alone. Womb to tomb, he lives, he dies, he is remembered. And his pack survives. Within a people who's cultural profession often leads to an early demise such thoughts bring comfort. They did for Septimius as he and his pack plied their trade.

As time passed his pack found employment where they could. Often for the Hutts, but at times for others. There's always a fight happening someplace, and most of the time there's one side who values their victory more then a handful of credits. The battles blurred together with only noteworthy events sticking out in Septimius's memory.

On one planet a worker uprising must be put down, and the pack feeds well. After that a Hutt's rival must bleed, and Septimius's littermate earns her true name. No longer  'Octavia' she is now 'Swiftrunner.' Another hunt, and Secundus is killed in the streets by a Quarren. The pack mourns, the Quarren bleeds. 

Eventually the pack finds itself back in Hutt space, under the employ of an unknown. Their mission is complete, the credits they are owed will be many. Septimius has recently enhanced his arm and is looking forward to the future...

A Gank Alone

As soon as the pack arrived at the meeting place they knew something was wrong. The landing pad on Nar Shadda where they were supposed to receive their payment was wide open. An easy killing field for any ambusher. Wookieskinner, the pack's alpha, ordered a perimeter guard almost instantly. That Septimius was one of those assigned this duty proved to be the difference between life and death. As he ran to his post something within him, an intuition that he'd seemed to have since birth. Something that the elders called 'The Voice of The Hunter' and had encouraged him to trust, screamed at him to get down!

Even as Septimius landed on the pavement and attempted to relay the danger to his kindred it was already too late. An explosion rocked the landing pad, engulfing the pack's ship in flames. In an instant the elders, the pups, the females with litter, and the majority of the hunters were dead or dying. Their final moments, their thoughts, and cries of pain provided more than enough motivation for the five surviving hunters to rally against the mercenary team that arrived moments later.

The firefight was brief and deadly. The mercenaries had expected a few disorganized survivors too shocked and fearful for any real resistance... What they found were angry Ganks.

Were things equal Septimius's pack would have carved through the mercenaries and made them bleed. Instead, the numbers meant that it was a tooth and claw battle for survival.

Each Gank sold their life dearly, desperate that the pack must survive. In the end the only one still standing on the pad was Septimius the mercenary squad, and his packmates were dead. Septimius's instincts had saved him, the voice from within helping him to step, or duck, or shoot at just the right moment.

The minutes after the fight were the hardest. Not all of Septimius's kin had died swiftly, some had merely suffered mortal wounds. They called out to him now, they needed swift deaths, they needed remembrance. Septimius did his duty, he said their names, he swore their memories, and granted their deaths.

They passed well, content in the knowledge that the pack had survived. They would be avenged. It didn't matter that Septimius's only information about their attackers was an unknown unit insignia. It would be enough to make them bleed.

When the last of it was done, as he gathered what little supplies he could from the wreckage. Septimius was struck by a horrible truth. His comms were silent, he was now alone...

Also, just let me know if I've messed anything up and I'll edit accordingly.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Angie

The only thing I can think of is I think you're only supposed to have one huge emotional weakness, though feel free to play as having more, it's just the button I hit when it comes up according to certain systems.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Urbanzorro on October 23, 2017, 12:54:54 PM
My attempt at a Gank:
[
LOVE the background.

One question for the people who know the system well:  Is the a skill that reflects things like sensual (non-therapeutic) massage or is that just 'fluff'.

Urbanzorro

Quote from: Angie on October 23, 2017, 06:57:18 PM
The only thing I can think of is I think you're only supposed to have one huge emotional weakness, though feel free to play as having more, it's just the button I hit when it comes up according to certain systems.

Cool cool, I'll chop one off the list.

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on October 23, 2017, 07:07:33 PM
LOVE the background.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Angie

I'd probably make it a Charm skill roll, but perhaps with a different Attribute-maybe Cunning or Agility to reflect either knowing where to hit or just being able to move your body properly to perform the erotic massage.

Captain Whitebread

Of course you need to know where to buy the proper massage oil... the one with just a hint of spice.

Available now at your local Hutt Mart.  Or call this 1-800 number for a special limited time offer.

Rebelle

Updated my character sheet, just have a few more things left to do.   But the meat is there

Nintentoast

Hello! I don’t know if y’all are still looking, but I’m definitely very interested! I hope it’s not too late! >.< I know it said deadline is the 28th but I just wanted to drop the notice of my interest!
"Plans are useless, however, planning is invaluable" -Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Lets see if I can put studying off for another day" -Me

Angie

Okay guys, the thread is big enough, send your finalized character sheets to me in PMs.

Angie

A reminder that deadline for sheets is this Friday. Do not disappoint me.

Cataclysmic Archangel

do I need to send you the same sheet that was already posted?