Back by Popular Demand (D&D 3.5 Gestalt)

Started by ulthakptah, February 20, 2011, 08:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Alu-Demon template, Dragon 355, for a half-succubus...  4 LA, which means that as a follower, she'd get to have LA on one side and class levels on the other...

So, if Flicker drafted in one of her daughters as a sidekick via Leadership, could said daughter also be good-aligned?  Half-Fiends are apparently 'Always Evil', so...

Ershin

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 22, 2011, 05:29:37 PM
Edit: ...And now I have the sudden, bizarre urge to take Leadership, in order to get a sidekick.  I'd have to figure out a good sidekick to have though...
Yessss. Now I don't feel so bad about taking the Thrallherd prestige class.

Kunoichi

Heh.  No need to feel any guilt about that. ;D Sidekicks rock.

Now I just need to stat up mine...  How are cohorts handled, as far as stats and starting wealth go?

ulthakptah

yours is a cohort so just like you made your character, but level four and gets starting gold for a 4th lvl NPC so 3,300

Videospirit

Keelan

Quote from: Videospirit on February 22, 2011, 06:24:41 PM
Oooh. We're almost go time?
Just need to make my gal... been having problems finding something to go well with Cleric weirdly enough >.>

Kunoichi

Prestige class for Cleric, or something that goes well with a Cleric dip?

Keelan

No, I mean the other half of the gestalt.  Ideas that I've gone through have been Paladin/Cleric, Druid/Cleric, and Rogue/Cleric... just been having a tough time pairing it for some reason.  Suggestions?

NicciKotor

We don't really have any kaboom characters yet, which is shocking. Going druid/cleric would allow for some of that. Druids do have some of the best attack spells in the books.

Could also try monk/cleric. Wandering around without any armor and being sexy is always a plus.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kunoichi

Swordsage/Cleric could work quite well, I think. ^^

Videospirit

Paladin/Cleric gets double the turn undead attempts, full bab, and can make for some crazyness.

Duskblade/Cleric might be neat as well considering it can use spells from any class for its spellstrike.

Other options might be some kind of support class like bard or marshal.

NicciKotor

duskblade/cleric would need her to have high wisdom and intelligence, so not the most efficient spell-casting combo out there.

Could always go for fighter/cleric, just for the feats and more hit points.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kunoichi

Videospirit

Psychic Warrior/Cloistered Cleric for extra woots

Keelan

Hm... just had an idea... but would everyone be fine with not having a healer in the party if I went another direction?

Videospirit

Well... we're not completely without ways of healing ourselves if it came down to it. I think at least two of us have magic items to heal with. We'd certainly be a bit... stilted in that department but not hopelessly so. What's the succubus planning to take as the other half of her prestige class? A Favoured soul or bard could add a little bit of healing to the mix, although I doubt she'd consider favoured soul since it's save DCs are Wis based.

Kunoichi

Flicker's daughter, Hellion, is going to be a Bard 4.  I'd imagine a Cleric dip and some Crusader in her future.  Flicker herself will probably be taking straight Rogue next to the Prestige class levels, in order to keep her skills up.

Videospirit

What was the other direction you were considering anyway?

Keelan

Monk/Paladin or Swordsage/Paladin, possibly also taking Zen Archery with the latter

Kunoichi

Healing can be handled with a couple of Wands of Cure Light Wounds, really.  I know I'll be getting at least one for Hellion, if she has to gold leftover to afford it after I'm done boosting her Inspire Courage as high as I can. ^^;

Videospirit

The main healing advantage of the cleric is raise dead, ability score restoration, and negative level restoration. I think the Psion might be able to handle some of that.

Kunoichi

So...  Which perform skill do you guys think covers cheerleading?

Keelan

Cheerleading?  hmm... combination sing/dance?

Which reminds me... technically if you have access to the Book of Erotic Fantasy, a Bard can use Bardic Music via Perform (Sexual Techniques) by the book... you can Inspire Courage by masturbating in the middle of battle technically! XD

...which gives me an idea (not for this game... unless you really think I should do it) to make a Bard who does just that...

Kunoichi

xD It works for this character concept...  Except that then it would make Hellion better at sexing people up than her mother.  And we all know that just won't do. :P

Videospirit

Psh, most succubus don't actually get to go all the way that often, a few kisses and their targets are quite dead. She could totally be more skilled under the covers than her mother.