Looking for something other than fantasy

Started by shadowheart, November 30, 2005, 04:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

And of course interrigating the few sexy aliens the group captures. *snickers* ^_^

You know, kill the ugly ones, molest the good looking ones. Enslave the sexy ones and have your way! ^_^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Vandren

Quote from: Dominatrix Zulo-Kitty on December 11, 2005, 10:44:25 AM
It's still a possibility. As for area. I'd suggest Exotic Freeform. Or Exotic System. The system although would be rather light. More of a type of guideline instead of a dice system like d20 and such.

Cool. :)  As far as "system" goes, might I recommend a simplisticone I created for conflict resolution a while back?  Basically, all characters get X points to put into different skill areas (for this one, say piloting, vehicle weapons, guns, unarmed, melee, defense, etc.) then conflicts are resolved by rating + 1d6 versus rating + 1d6.  All characters also get Y health levels, modified by armor (or defense could be) with most weapons causing 1-2 levels of damage.  Simple, easy to pick up, and isn't intrusive.  Just an option.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

ZK

With a little tweaking. That seems to be a great idea for a system.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Elvi

Awwwwww....you just have to go and spoil it wiv all then silly numbers don't you? *whimper*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Celestial Goblin

Ah Elvi, hate to torment you (in this particular way) but there was much little numbers involved in the x-com games...
45% accuracy with a snap shot costing 12 ap, 5 ammo left in the IN clip, reloading would cost 6 ap if i take the HE clip from my belt or 9 ap if i take the AP clip from my backpack.
The sectoid fires his plasma rifle, hits me in the torso, but *gulp* my personal armour will save me for 15 damage points.
*gasp*
How many ap will you need to walk up to me while not getting shot yourself and administer 3 doses of pain-killers and 2 doses of medicine?

Of course we won't play this game on a grid, let's KISS*.

*KISS - Keep It Simple Silly

Elvi

Reads Angel's post....rubs eyes
Reads Angel's post....head hurts
Reads Angel's post....brain over heats
Understands only KISS

Falls limply to the floor in a dead faint....

Celestial Goblin

Uh, for stunned people the medkit has 'stimulant'.
Never mind...
*kisses deeply and passionately, that Elvi's love defeats the alien threat forever*
(and then we make love)

Elvi

*Jumps up cheering and drags her angelic green skin off to a quiet little corner*

ZK

Makes me want to go play UFO Defense, Apocalypse or Terror from the Deep. ^_^

Celestial Goblin

I have my save from Ufo Defense, but it looks pretty bad with a second etheral and mech attack on my base.

Faolan

I want them to redo X-COm UFO defense with updated graphics sooooooo bad.

Vandren

Quote from: Dominatrix Zulo-Kitty on December 11, 2005, 11:20:11 AM
With a little tweaking. That seems to be a great idea for a system.

I've used it a few times successfully, with setting specific variations.  There aren't many possible hiccups, though knowing where to stop on delineating skills can be an issue.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

ZK

There is a college kid team doing such a thing, Faolin.

http://projectxenocide.com/

It's not complete, but if they continue on this venture. Their version of X-Com: UFO Defense will be out.

As for X-Com in it's entirity. The license is up for grabs since Microprose went bankrupt.

Elvi

*sigh*
I'm sure you all know exactly what you are talking about.....and you my dear Zulo can be my terror from the deep anytime.....