Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre

Well, I am making a fencer and performer.  Maybe some points in ridicule, sneak, or disguise and...

Phaia

Quote from: Sabre on February 28, 2013, 08:15:37 PM
Well, I am making a fencer and performer.  Maybe some points in ridicule, sneak, or disguise and...

**waves at Sabre**

welcome to the fun

why no zorro !!?? give the ladies something to talk about for thier morning brunch!

Phaia

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Sabre on February 28, 2013, 08:15:37 PM

Sabre! Hey (:

And that sounds pretty darn awesome so far, haha.

-xSRx

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on February 28, 2013, 08:20:08 PM

why no zorro !!?? give the ladies something to talk about for thier morning brunch!

Phaia

I like Zorro!  Don't get me wrong.  But he and the lone ranger both make me think kid's shows, not western with a horror flavor.  It's more about tone than anything else.

Phaia

Quote from: Ciosa on February 28, 2013, 08:31:13 PM
I like Zorro!  Don't get me wrong.  But he and the lone ranger both make me think kid's shows, not western with a horror flavor.  It's more about tone than anything else.

ooo ooo doomtown bat man!!!

we can build him his gadgets!!
find him some fast black horses... build him a flyer!!!
he stalks the night!! fights the horrors but is consideered one maybe

BATMAN!!!!

Phaia

Wulfspire

Christian Specter is the hero Doomtown needs, not the one it deserves.

:D

Muse

* Applauds* 

Working on Mathew whenever I get the chance.  Out of town today. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Love And Submission

Quote from: Phaia on February 28, 2013, 08:33:44 PM

ooo ooo doomtown bat man!!!

we can build him his gadgets!!
find him some fast black horses... build him a flyer!!!
he stalks the night!! fights the horrors but is consideered one maybe

BATMAN!!!!

Phaia

You just went from the man partially responsible for Batman's parents death to Batman himself.

A  A Zorro (The Mark of Zorro) film is thefilm the waynes were coming home from when they were killed by Joe Chill in front of bruce.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Phaia

Quote from: DTW on February 28, 2013, 08:47:48 PM
You just went from the man partially responsible for Batman's parents death to Batman himself.

A  A Zorro (The Mark of Zorro) film is thefilm the waynes were coming home from when they were killed by Joe Chill in front of bruce.
:o :o
i am good that way...sliding from point to point ;D ;D

Phaia

Phaia

With Spectacles can they be 'smoked', ie like sunglasses, for extra cost or with the right faction??
I would pay double for smokey spectacles that help with the glare

for those of us with shops/houses can we have water tanks on the roof or outback to catch the rain ...since you are very clear on how hard it is to get fresh water i would think  every shop and house had a way to catch it??

Phaia

Crash

I am sure Agatha can invent something.  She probably already has.  In fact I am sure that would be the first thing she would do.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on February 28, 2013, 09:33:49 PM
With Spectacles can they be 'smoked', ie like sunglasses, for extra cost or with the right faction??
I would pay double for smokey spectacles that help with the glare

for those of us with shops/houses can we have water tanks on the roof or outbank to catch the rain ...since you are very clear on how hard it is to get fresh water i would think  every shop and house had a way to catch it??

Phaia

Water tanks are pretty much standard equipment on all the houses in Gomorra - not just for catching rain, but also for storing it.  I'll add a bit more about some daily life kind of things in the Around Town section, later.

Yes, to the first question, and it doesn't require either a special faction, just a purchase of a higher grade (Fine) of spectacles.

Phaia

Anyway to get an idea on thing like canned food and other food since I do not plan on dining every meal at a local restaurant?

Couple nights a week for a good meal is a different story!!

I would hope that those of us that have shops/houses have things like skillets, furniture, stoves, bed linen etc?

could my apothecary shop also carry some fine wine?...it seems that was used in several types of exliers..as well as things like turpentine and other things I do not what to think about

you all do not want to know what snake oil was composed of ..eeeewww!!

But Lady Boyle will have some Royal Snake Oil from the heart of China, made from burmese pythons and will work wonders on joint pain, muscles aches and in small doses..coughs and headaches
Only $3 a bottle!! ;D ;D ;D

Phaia

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on February 28, 2013, 10:07:48 PM
Anyway to get an idea on thing like canned food and other food since I do not plan on dining every meal at a local restaurant?

Couple nights a week for a good meal is a different story!!

I would hope that those of us that have shops/houses have things like skillets, furniture, stoves, bed linen etc?

could my apothecary shop also carry some fine wine?...it seems that was used in several types of exliers..as well as things like turpentine and other things I do not what to think about

you all do not want to know what snake oil was composed of ..eeeewww!!

But Lady Boyle will have some Royal Snake Oil from the heart of China, made from burmese pythons and will work wonders on joint pain, muscles aches and in small doses..coughs and headaches
Only $3 a bottle!! ;D ;D ;D

Phaia

All things that would be needed to consider a home furnished at the level appropriate to the Dinero advantage will be included.  also, all necessities for the shop's operation.  As for canned goods and the like, canning was invented in the 1700s, and spread through the U.S in 1812.  So I imagine it exists, but with an ongoing civil war, it's probably a toss up as to whether it's easier to get a hold of canned goods or fresh food - there's no rail which connects the industrial north and south to the Great Maze, yet, and most canned goods are likely overpriced and snapped up by miners.  Given the constant concerns of starvation, most folks probably cook at home or do eat at hotels regularly, and fall back on nonperishable foods when food supplies grow scarcer.

Phaia

well ladies then I see an extra scource of income

http://www.sha.org/bottle/Typing/food/oddfjclosures_small.jpg

we can do a monthly or bi-monthly canning of fruits and veggies, and sell them to the locals  for a 'reasonable' mark up of course and make sure to offer a buy back for the jars!!!
O:) >:)

Phaia

Phaia

as a side note just for color
all of the medicinal aids, potions, lotions, elixirs, or pills from 'The Royal London Apothecary" will come in
http://img0.etsystatic.com/007/0/7102372/il_fullxfull.371519692_7tw4.jpg

and she will offer a buy back for any empty bottles

"you know its quality with the Royal Blue Bottle"

*nods sagely*

Phaia

Pumpkin Seeds

Xiao Shu...I like that.

Thanks for the help.

Sindra

Hello everyone.  For those that don't know me, which is likely most of you as I am very new to E, I am Ciosa's wife and will be assisting him with running the Weird West game. 

I'm happy to see that there is so much interest and that the concepts are coming in!  Once Ciosa has started the game, I will be helping him out with updating characters sheets, playing NPCs as he needs them and helping players spend their bounty.  If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or Ciosa at any time. 

If you're interested in playing but a little nervous about the system, please feel free to PM me and I would be glad to assist in character creation as well. 

It's nice to meet all of you!

Ciosa

Quote from: CoffeeSlut on March 01, 2013, 01:35:45 AM
Hello everyone.  For those that don't know me, which is likely most of you as I am very new to E, I am Ciosa's wife and will be assisting him with running the Weird West game. 

I'm happy to see that there is so much interest and that the concepts are coming in!  Once Ciosa has started the game, I will be helping him out with updating characters sheets, playing NPCs as he needs them and helping players spend their bounty.  If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or Ciosa at any time. 

If you're interested in playing but a little nervous about the system, please feel free to PM me and I would be glad to assist in character creation as well. 

*The Partnership for an Insanity-Free Ciosa approves this message.*

Pumpkin Seeds

:: runs off to make some coffee for them::

Sindra

Quote from: Ciosa on March 01, 2013, 01:37:49 AM
*The Partnership for an Insanity-Free Ciosa approves this message.*

I'm gonna have to go with Semi-Insanity-Free. 

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on March 01, 2013, 01:39:12 AM
:: runs off to make some coffee for them::

I will never, ever, ever turn down coffee!  I appreciate it lots!

Crash

Quote from: CoffeeSlut on March 01, 2013, 01:35:45 AM

Glad you can join us CS.

All I have left to finish is Greatest Nightmare and buying stuff and Agatha is done!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Pumpkin Seeds

I just gotta get my history set down and like..detail work and she'll be ready for action.

Crash

Doh!  I need to get a description and pictures for her shop, too.

Agatha's Occidental Delights

Pumpkin Seeds