The Dungeon (Escape)

Started by ivygrowth, May 19, 2012, 09:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

It was known only as the Dungeon, a foreboding structure of stained grey stone built on an island in the center of a large lake.  It had, in ages long past, served as a fortress, the last stronghold should the rest of the country fall, now it was a prison.  The President for Life had no interest in protest against his rule, had no interest in ever giving up power.  Tens of thousands were locked away for no crime other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or saying the wrong word.  The least lucky of those found themselves in the Dungeon, a place, it was said, that none returned from.

I would like to use a system for this, and am leaning towards the core rulebook of the New World of Darkness just due to its ease, I'm not sure freeform would work, and the only other system I have that fits the setting would be GURPS.

I would be looking for two groups of players, prisoners and guards.  The prisoners could be male or female, and political, criminal, or prisoners of war.  They would have two simple goals, survival and escape.  The guards could be male or female, and would need to be sadists.  Their goals would be to prevent escape, and to make life unpleasant for the prisoners.

I would moderate the game, establish/control the setting and environment, and play NPCs as needed. 

I am leaning towards Non-consensual Human for this, though could go Extreme if enough players wanted.

Any interest?

Oliander

Color me interested, though I have only the slightest experience with WoD.

Teo Torriatte

I would be very interested in this. I would like to play a prisoner... either a female or maybe a transfemale if there would be enough people willing to interact with her. (I have no problem going full female though so no worries there)

I am somewhat familiar with WoD, in that I played one of the earlier VtM games a few times and even somewhat unsuccessfully tried to run a game with that system. I know GURPS like the back of my hand... or at least I did ten years ago.

Apple of Eris

I know nothing about WoD, I know GURPS, but I'll do either.

I'm interested though.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Xain903

My relationship with both systems is...complicated. I have never played an actual tabletop before but I'm obsessed with them so I have core rulebooks and system guides for everything I can find. I have WoD rulebooks on file so I can easily use those to understand the system if that helps. As for who I might play I'm thinking male guard, though I would need to know how sadistic I would need to be. I'm not a fan of brutally beating women (yes I know double standard....can't help it) but I would be fine to sexually and emotionally abuse them if need be.

ivygrowth

I'm leery of GURPS just because it is a lot harder to go through a character sheet, and I haven't used it much in years.  Though if that is what the bulk of players prefer we can use it over nWoD.

Quote from: lunawuff on May 20, 2012, 07:03:25 AM
I would be very interested in this. I would like to play a prisoner... either a female or maybe a transfemale if there would be enough people willing to interact with her. (I have no problem going full female though so no worries there)

I am somewhat familiar with WoD, in that I played one of the earlier VtM games a few times and even somewhat unsuccessfully tried to run a game with that system. I know GURPS like the back of my hand... or at least I did ten years ago.

I'm not a huge fan of transfemales, though am not opposed to it if people don't mind interacting with them.  I think VtM is oWoD. 

Quote from: Xain903 on May 20, 2012, 12:57:00 PM
My relationship with both systems is...complicated. I have never played an actual tabletop before but I'm obsessed with them so I have core rulebooks and system guides for everything I can find. I have WoD rulebooks on file so I can easily use those to understand the system if that helps. As for who I might play I'm thinking male guard, though I would need to know how sadistic I would need to be. I'm not a fan of brutally beating women (yes I know double standard....can't help it) but I would be fine to sexually and emotionally abuse them if need be.

They would just have to be sadistic, to make life unpleasant for the prisoners, they don't have to do so in any specific way.  Emotionally and sexually would be fine.

What would those of you who have expressed an interest like to play? 

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments for how to improve the game? 

ShadowFox89

I would be interested, either as prisoner or player. I would vote for NWoD, as I've never played GURPS.

If we do NWoD, would we use any of the various splats? Any of the fanmade splats?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ivygrowth

GURPS would just be the core rulebooks.
nWoD would just be the core rulebook and maybe the armory book. 

ShadowFox89

Sounds interesting. Maybe a spin-off game involving the various splats at a later point?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ivygrowth

I wouldn't make a spin-off, as I don't like to use lots of books in a game, but if someone else wanted to I wouldn't care.  I might even join as a player.

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 20, 2012, 02:09:39 PM
I'm leery of GURPS just because it is a lot harder to go through a character sheet, and I haven't used it much in years.  Though if that is what the bulk of players prefer we can use it over nWoD.

I'm not a huge fan of transfemales, though am not opposed to it if people don't mind interacting with them.  I think VtM is oWoD. 

No worries, as I said I can easily go with a full female. That is what I mostly play anyway. And yeah I believe you are correct about VtM. How much different is the nWoD? At any rate, I could certainly learn it if that is what you decide to go with.

AurelieCatena

Just coming back from vacations. Any news about this game?

kylie

I wasn' t quite clear from the description...  Is there any general guideline on the range of the guards' abuses?  I mean, when you say "surviving" is a goal, could this be a horror/real torture theme?  Or is that just a sort of backdrop and most of it should be more psychological and sexual? 

I just might consider horror, but I was more intrigued by the potential sort of taunting or maybe "trapped in a maze" aspects.  I wasn't sure quite what to make of it all, though.

ivygrowth

I'm not sure this game will be getting off the ground to be honest, though thanks for your interest.

I didn't have any specific guidelines, it would have depended on the individual players really.