Elina's RP Ideas (mostly seeking male characters)

Started by Elina, July 13, 2011, 06:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elina

(Think I'm full up again, but I like making friends and you never know, maybe I'll start another one. Please still feel free to PM if you want.)

**Forum RPs only please**
**No FF plots - I'm fine with MF, MMF, MFF, etc**

Hello!  I have been basically gone from Elliquiy for 6 years. If you decide to plot with me, you do so at your own risk. I cannot promise how often I'll post and I cannot promise I won't disappear again (although I've been back for several weeks and have kept up with things and keep coming back, so it's promising).  If you made it past my disclaimers, check out my O/Os, listed in my signature, for a repeat of the same disclaimers.  If you check that thread out, there are links to my old RPs so you can see my writing style.  I have to admit that I'm a bit of a chameleon.  My posts change a lot depending on plot and who my partner is, so you may want to look at more than just the posts in one RP.

I don't care about your real-life gender.  What I do care about is that you be conscientious about your writing quality.  I'm certainly not perfect, but if you don't use capitalization and punctuation, I'm probably not the partner for you. Not judging how anyone wants to write. I used to edit in college, and I get distracted when my mind is picking apart a post. I just don't want to be taken out of the story by focusing on grammar problems.

Let me know if anything strikes your fancy.  If you want to propose a plot, you can as well.  I'm open to hearing yours and will tell you if it doesn't work for me. I have SO. Many. Disclaimers. I have no clue why anyone would even want to PM me after all of this, but I seriously don't want anyone to expect something from me and then be disappointed.

If I haven't sent you running (because you are insane), here are some plots:

Truth or Dare?:  College students or young adults play a game of truth or dare.  I'm looking for something fun and lighthearted with this, possibly funny and romantic.  I started this years ago with a partner who left E. Recently read it and would love to create something like it again and keep it going.

Fallen angel - he's crude, crass, and pissed that he's been cast from heaven. I'm not sure how my female fits into things, but I already like him quite a bit.

* I generally like paranormal romance stories, so if you have a plot you want to write, feel free to ask.  I'm good with writing high school age to adults.  I don't write in preset worlds, but I like vampires from everything from Twilight to Rice to the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

I also wouldn't mind something just fun and romantic and contemporary, either adult or non-adult. Plot is really very negotiable.

* Governess/Duke (Historical Romance, maybe Regency England):  A governess finds herself standing on the doorstep of the residence of a widowed Duke.  He has hired her to be nanny to his daughter.  Although she is wholly unsuitable, romance quickly ensues.  Yes, this one has shades of The Sound of Music minus the nun.  It also has shades of the romance novels I used to read as a teenager and into my twenties.  I would like to write the female role in this one.) -

* Paranormal:  She goes to college and is assigned an advisor.  He's got a reputation for being a complete jerk.  He's also a vampire/werewolf/your choice of paranormal or supernatural creature.  I'd like to write the human female, as I'm already writing a male in a version of this.  This could be anything from a lighthearted romance to a darker one.  However, I won't write NC, so everything has to be consensual, and I do see the male character being dark-ish.  (This could be an employee/boss situation too if you want to write someone older than college-age.)

* Mercenaries (Modern Romance/Adventure/Action):  This will totally show you how old I am, but there used to be a computer RPG called Jagged Alliance.  It was about a team of mercenaries who work together on a small jungle island.  I've always loved the game, and I have to admit that I'm intrigued by the thought of writing a team or pair of trained killers working together toward a common goal.  I don't have a developed plot in mind, but I'd love to write something like this.  I see this one as M/M or M/F.  If M/F, I want to write the female role.  If you're interested in M/M, please keep in mind that I'm inexperienced at it, but I'm happy to give it a go.

* Sliders:  I loved the show Sliders and would like to write something in a sci-fi setting with traveling between multiple dimensions.  This also works with Piers Anthony's Mode series if you're familiar with it.

Romance (Modern):  She had always had a crush on him.  She had been a teenager, and he had been her big brother's best friend.  He'd liked her too, but respect for his friend made him stay far away.  Six years have passed and they see each other again at her brother's wedding.  I would like to write the female role.
  I haven't written this yet but I'm not really feeling it right now.  I'll put it back on here at some point.

Revenge:  He either killed her parents or he ordered them to be killed.  Although she doesn't know why he did it, she's grown up with vengeance in her heart.  Now she's a trained assassin, and she's after him.  I think this could go in a lot of different ways.  Adult or non-adult.  He can be good and her parents evil, or he can be evil.  Maybe he's reformed.  Maybe she'll reform him.  In my mind, it's a love story, but it doesn't have to be; we can talk about a basic story arc.  Could be modern or fantasy or historical. Not wanting this right now.

Another variation of the revenge story:  Her father and his best friend were CIA agents.  After she was born, her father retired; a few years later, both of her parents were murdered.  She wants revenge and she knows what her dad did for a living.  She goes to his best friend and asks him to train her to assassinate the person who ordered the hit against her family.  What she doesn't know is that he was the contract killer who did the hit.  Again, I see this being a romance, but that's up for negotiation. Not wanting this right now.

Elina

Added Revenge plot.

Genbu83

i haven't played Jagged Alliance in Years. Great game and idea though.

Elina

Thank you.  :)  It was the first computer game I ever really played, back in the mid-nineties.  I loved it.

Elina

Updated by adding the governess plot back in and also adding the picture plot of the angel.

Elina

Added the variation of the revenge story (new plot).

Genbu83

Though you wrote about Jagged alliance...what are your thought son the more scifi mercinaries? Say something like X-Com?

Elina

Well, since I don't even know what that means, I think I'll take a pass on it.  :P

Elina

Added the Truth or Dare idea and reposted some that were previously struck out.

thatmusicianguy

Hi Elina.

Freshly accepted as a Noob on the site and was interested in your "Truth or Dare" Role as something lighthearted as my first here...

Care to discuss it further? Drop me a message with questions or with your MSN?

Chris. x
I have found women who did not know how to kiss,
But I always found time to teach them...

Elina

I revamped this whole mess of a thread and added the Sliders idea.

Elina

Maybe with M if we write again?
Basics - fallen angel. crude, crass, pissed that he's been cast out of heaven. He's got one job and one goal. Save this human woman and get his wings back.

Romance. Who knows where it goes?

Elina

Eight years is a long time to wait to revamp an idea thread, but I've done it.
If I could remember how to do all the fancy formatting, I'd add the idea in the post above to the top. I really need to refamiliarize myself with typing here.

Elina