News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Were you tired of the blogs being out of the way and commentless?

Started by Vekseid, March 08, 2009, 05:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

...so was I.

I hacked this bit into SMF... Really, I just want to get rid of Drupal, at this point. It's a wonderful system, don't get me wrong, but ultimately I want to pull everything into SMF and MediaWiki. This is quick, simple and accessible, and people can understand it. Much better than trying to let people know the rest of the site exists.

I'm sure many aren't even aware of the Wiki >_> That, however, is much less of an issue than having a front page that looks like a completely alien experience. Until I move Elliquiy to a CMS I write myself, if anything gets added (and I don't plan to add much), it's going to be an extension of the forums here, or otherwise act like one - as MediaWiki does, now.

For those of you who are wondering what's next, think something is wrong or should otherwise be done, please see the to do list and comment appropriately. : )

In any case, about these blogs:

How can I post blog entries?

You need to be given access to the Blogger group. Just request it.

How often can I post?

People who post too often, or otherwise post drivel, may find their entries deleted and blog post access removed. Once a day is, generally, fine.

I had a blog on the main site. How do I move it over here?

Ask for blog access, then post your entries one by one after you've been granted. : )

The organization sucks!

: (

I know, I know. Better will come with time. Right now I just want to get this up and running.