The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(High to Epic level Pathfinder)

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 05, 2011, 08:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Dragon

You've done it. You've reached the top of the heap, best of the best. You're a member of the Hidden Eyes Thieves Guild of Icifleur, a guild that most people don't even know exist.

While your life there has hardly been quiet, something very exciting has come up- the chance of a lifetime! A bounty beyond any you've ever seen. 100,000,000 gold pieces for the capture of Damien Nightstrider, a thief who seems to be more myth than man.

Agents have been to your guild to make the offer. The full bounty on capture, and an initial 1,000,000 bonus to those who sign on to an exclusive contract to hunt him. The Guildmistress has up until now rebuffed these agents, forbidding you to join the hunt, but something seems to have changed her mind. A hunting party is being formed. Will you be one of them?

-----------------------

This is a restart of a previous game. We already have our own forum to use for this. The starting world is a Homebrew, but most of the action will take place on the Planes. We are using the Pathfinder system for this, which I think will be far less complicated for building characters. Official books and approved add-ons and workarounds will be used. Myrlenna is co-GMing for me this time.

Character Creation

16th Level
32 Point Buy
Standard Gold, +1 million for optional signed contract
Monster Characters are welcome, we are using the optional rule of gaining an extra class level as you progress equal to 1/2 CR rounded down.
Alignments: Lawful or Good axis not suggested. The Guild itself is NE to CE to CN.
3/4 HPs on level up.
2 Traits from different categories
Cohorts allowed, 25 PB, normal gold for their level, make them interesting.

Sheets should be on Mythweavers or similar service, or send me a copy.

I reserve the right to nix anything that's significantly outside the accepted power bounds. On the other hand, I may be flexible about bringing new things in that fit the power curve.

My Expectations

This is hopefully going to be a long campaign, so give good thought to your characters and background. I'm going to use the BG2 system of logical encounters rather than matching the team level to monster threat. Keep your eyes open and don't bite off more than you can chew...or prepare to roll up a new sheet  >:)

Let me know how often you can post. 1/day(or more) would be good, but I know how life can be.

READABLE POSTS. If your posts are difficult to read or have typos, it's tough on the rest of us. I'll edit posts if I have to make it so, but I'd rather not have that problem.

Characters in the game so far

Guild Officers
Lethe(Succubus Guildmistress)- Played by me
Amist(Half Drow Noble 2nd in command)- Delta Echo
Jaq and Jill(Elven Twin Bodyguards)- MzNurse
Xulauniir(NPC)(Elf Sorceress) and Cohort Firanwyn- Myrlenna and ShamshielDF

Guild Members
Calipha La'tear (Elite Noble Drow Ranger)- Myrlenna
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Bloody Rose

This sounds interesting, might need help to get my chars that lv though if I can get some help I would be glad to join.

Myrleena

Thorn14

A newbie to pathfinder is probably not suggested to join this I take it. Oh well, can I ask what this RP will involve? I might watch and learn at least.

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Zarazel on February 05, 2011, 10:22:50 PM
This sounds interesting, might need help to get my chars that lv though if I can get some help I would be glad to join.

Help is available for character generation.

New to Pathfinder isn't automatically bad, provided some experience in general RPs and bonus for d20 knowledge.

ShamshielDF

Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Callie Del Noire

Jeramiahh

I'm going to put down interest... Myr's been trying to talk me into it for a while...
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Thorn14

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on February 05, 2011, 10:54:09 PM
Help is available for character generation.

New to Pathfinder isn't automatically bad, provided some experience in general RPs and bonus for d20 knowledge.

Yeah, I know d20 and such, played 3.5, just not high/epic levels.

Keelan

Hm... I might be interested, possibly.  Thing is, I'm not too good at playing characters ONLY motivated by money so some alternate driving force would be there (on a related note, how are god/dess' tied into this game, and how would one seek to become one?  We will be epic tier after all ^_^), and while I'm not really good with Evil axis characters, the one I find myself most able to play is Lawful Evil... beyond that, more information about the world and guild and whatnot would be nice for my char-gen process.

Also, regarding sexual elements of this game, how would that work, what should we be prepared for, and in general how sexual will the game be?  Mind you I only do F/F or F/Futas, with some exception for things like tentacle monsters, sexual oozes, and the like.

Ideas to come to mind were a pre-existing half-drow (basically half-elf with Darkvision instead) Barbarian I can modify (I hope; she originally was CG >.>), a half-orc Monk or Ranger, or possibly a half-drow Alchemist or Cleric even, depending.

Myrleena

Okay, calling me the co-GM might be misleading, but...I know some of the stuff that'll be going on.  I'm primarily going to be helping with rules and such, as I've run a tabletop epic campaign for the better part of two years before.  And I know Pathfinder far better than Mystic does.

Now, for the record, you do not have to be evil to be inside the guild.  Yes, it helps to some degree, but the main thing is that you can get along with others.  I know that at least one good character is going to be in the guild.  I know another is going to be Lawful Evil (mine).  But the big thing is that you can get along without killing one another.  This means that the only character that really doesn't have a place is a Paladin, honestly.  There's a good bit of story going on in the background, and one doesn't have to be after the reward to be intrigued by the quest, honestly.  It might simply be curiosity for what he did to get such attention, for all I know.

Anyway, as for sexuality...that will depend.  Last time around the game got rather bogged down by it.  Our preference, if it happens, is for it to happen in a thread that isn't the main storyline, and let the story progress without having to wait for the scene to finish.

Thorn14

I hear you, too much sex can bogg down, but I still would like some sexual elements.

I think i'm going to make a good character, but not a crazy good paladin type, one who will not mind working with evil characters.

Might make a nice contrast.

Mystic Dragon

I gave the warning about alignment because we had problems in the last game with it. Lawful is VERY difficult to play given the starting framework. It doesn't mean it can't be done, but it can easily be done badly. Good is going to have trouble for similar reasons.

Regarding sexual content, I prefer to have it be natural and I won't offer too much in that regard. For a variety of reasons, Myrlenna's previous character got turned into a bit of a pinata in that regard. Found herself neck deep and then over her head rather quickly :P

Myrleena

Yes, which is why my previous character is being turned into more of an NPC...I honestly don't think that this time around the game will have nearly enough impact to equal what came before.  No aspirations on other players, the other time was just...impressive.  Which is why I'm going for a different character.

Eshva

Hiya

I'm interested in this, and have a character in mind already, I'm thinking an assasin type person with a few unusual twists.

some questions:

does standard gold mean starting gold for lvl 16 characters, or starting gold per class at lvl 1.

+ 1 million? does that mean that if we've signed a contract to capture this elusive Mr. Nightstrider we start with an additional million gold to buy stuff for?

if I have a cohort or similar, do I play it or does the DM/Co-DM.

“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten”
Neill Gaiman

Callie Del Noire

Yeah I was wondering on that while working on my NE Teifling mage (she specializes in cursed items and constructs).

Clarity on that would allow me to make up some goodies, and  also on how much she'd pay for her own items.

Myrleena

Okay, only a couple of things from me.  I don't feel that I can comment on a couple of the questions just yet, so...bear with me when I choose not to comment on them.

Standard Gold for 16th level.  That is 315,000 gold pieces.  Last I heard, Mystic was trying to decide what percentage of it could be used for 'self-crafting' and thus getting a discount on items.  It won't be more than 1/3 at best, though.

The 1 million is if you sign the contract.  If you do, you will not have had time to craft with it at all.  You'll have had time to buy equipment with it, but nowhere near the amount of time to craft items yourself (unless it took only a few days, but that's up to Mystic).

I don't feel I should comment on the cohorts actually, so I'm waiting on Mystic for such.

*fades out for the moment*

Callie Del Noire

Still that clears up a lot of stuff. :D

Of course Herolab has no staff of power in it so the BIG money ones aren't going to get done yet. :D

Eshva

Hiya

On second thought. creating a lvl 16 character is a bit much for me at this point in time, and I think what I am looking for is a something a bit more down to earth.

Sorry for rushing in and out, hope you all have a fun game.
“Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten”
Neill Gaiman

Mystic Dragon

I'm still debating percentage of crafted items. Regarding cohorts, ideally, you'll play them. If you abuse them in one way or another, I may take control now and then for some logical "reactions" to previous actions.

I think my esteemed partner in crime answered the other questions so far?

Delta Echo

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on February 05, 2011, 08:29:51 PMCharacters in the game so far

Lethe(Succubus Guildmistress)- Played by me
Amist(Half Drow 2nd in command)- Delta Echo
Jaq and Jill(Elven Twin Bodyguards)- MzNurse
"That's half-drowess to you."  >:)

Quote from: Keelan on February 06, 2011, 12:01:31 AM(on a related note, how are god/dess' tied into this game, and how would one seek to become one?  We will be epic tier after all ^_^)
Indeed.  ;D
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Myrleena

Heh.  And my character:

Calipha La'tear (Elite Noble Drow Ranger 16 Slaver/Bounty Hunter)

Callie Del Noire

The one I'm working on is Morai Iarty (Eye-Arty), Teifling Mage 16. 

Mystic Dragon

Go ahead and post characters here in thread. A sheet link will be better, but if you don't have it set up that way, basic build + important details.

Regarding the question of godhood, it may come up during the story, but only as an ending or if we go a long way without a conclusion.

Myrleena

And I think I'll post my charrie.  This'll be the first Mystic sees of her too.  ^_^

As a side note, Fast XP chart.

Ruleset: Pathfinder
Player: Myrleena

Character Name: Caliphia La'tear
Alignment: Lawful-Evil
Height & Weight: 5'7" & 124 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Azure
XP:  600,000

Class & Level: Ranger 15
Race: Elite Noble Drow (Advanced)
Init: +11
Speed: 30 ft.

Str: 17 (+3) [21] (+5)
Dex: 29 (+9) [33] (+11)
Con: 16 (+3) [20] (+5)
Int: 19 (+4) [21] (+5)
Wis: 18 (+4) [20] (+5)
Cha: 18 (+4) [20] (+5)

HP: 220 (15d10+75+15+15)
AC: 34 (+11 Armor, +8 Dex, +3 Deflection, +2 Natural)
Touch: 21
Flat-Footed: 28

Fort Save: +19 (+9 Base, +5 Con, +5 Resist)
Ref Save:  +25 (+9 Base, +11 Dex, +5 Resist)
Will Save: +15 (+5 Base, +5 Wis, +5 Resist)

BA: +15/+10/+5
CMB: +26
CMD: 44

Attacks:
+5 merciful ghost touch longbow +32/+27/+22 (1d8+10/19-20 x3)
+1 adamantine longsword +21/+16/+11 (1d8+6/19-20)

Skills:

+26 Acrobatics (15 Ranks, +11 Dex)
+23 Climb (15 Ranks, +5 Str, +3 Class)
+23 Craft(Bowyer) (15 Ranks, +5 Int, +3 Class)
+23 Intimidate (15 Ranks, +5 Cha, +3 Class)
+23 Knowledge(Dungeoneering) (15 Ranks, +5 Int, +3 Class)
+23 Knowledge(Nature) (15 Ranks, +5 Int, +3 Class)
+25 Perception (15 Ranks, +5 Wis, +3 Class, +2 Racial)
+20 Sense Motive (15 Ranks, +5 Wis)
+39 Stealth (15 Ranks, +11 Dex, +3 Class, +10 Competence)
+23 Survival (15 Ranks, +5 Wis, +3 Class)
+23 Swim (15 Ranks, +5 Str, +3 Class)

Languages:
Undercommon, Elven, Common, Abyssal, Drow Sign, Infernal, Dwarven

Feats:
1 Point Blank Shot
2 Precise Shot
3 Rapid Shot
3 Endurance
5 Deadly Aim (-4 attack, +8 damage)
6 Improved Precise Shot
7 Weapon Focus(Longbow)
9 Leadership
10 Pinpoint Targeting
11 Agile Maneuvers
13 Toughness
14 Shot on the Run
15 Improved Critical (Longbow)

Special Qualities:

Favored Class: Ranger
Darkvision 120 ft.
Drow Immunities: Sleep, +2 vs. Enchantment effects
Keen Senses: +2 Perception
Spell Resistance: 11+HD (26)
Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds drow for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
Poison Use
Weapon Familiarity: Hand Crossbow, Rapier, Shortsword
Spell-Like Abilities: Constant - detect magic; At-Will - dancing lights, deeper darkness, faerie fire, feather fall, and levitate; 1/day - divine favor, dispel magic, and suggestion.
Favored Enemy: Humanoid (elf) +8, Humanoid (human) +2, Outsider (evil) +2, Outsider (native) +2
Track: Add half level to Survival checks to follow or identify tracks (+7)
Wild Empathy: Level+Charisma Mod (+19)
Combat Style: Archery
Favored Terrain: Underground +4, Urban +4, Plane (Abyss) +2
Hunter's Bond: Animal Companion
Woodland Stride
Swift Tracker
Evasion
Quarry
Camoflage

Spells:
1 - ant haul, endure elements, x2 gravity bow, longstrider
2 - barkskin, protection from energy, wind wall
3 - x3 instant enemy
4 - freedom of movement, blessing of the salamander

Equipment:
9,965 gp
20,000 House
98,900 +5 Merciful Ghost Touch Composite Longbow (Str +5)
38,400 +5 Celestial Armor (re-skinning)
5,015  +1 Adamantine Longsword
12,700 Ring of Chameleon Power
20,500 Ring of Protection +3 & Sustenance
64,000 Belt of Physical Perfection +4
2,000  Handy Haversack
1,800  Efficient Quiver
16,000 Headband of Mental Superiority +2 (Swim)
25,000 Cloak of Resistance +5
720    Campfire Bead

Description:
Caliphia is a dark elf of the old blood, and among her people she is of the purest bloodlines of her people.  With pure ebony skin that looks almost like obsidian and long, pitch black hair that falls to her knees, she looks somewhat unusual amongst them, however.  The drow has a lush figure unusual amongst dark elves, with good sized breasts and generous curves set off by wide hips and a tiny waist.  Her eyes are a brilliant azure that seems to slightly glow at night, and the woman often appears overly stern.  Much of the time she wears little, primarily keeping her serpentine adamantine sword belt with a masterfully crafted longsword and quiver at her hip. Her armor amounts to a thin, fine mesh of black steel that reveals more than it covers.  Thin lines of blood-red rings cross the armor in a web-like pattern, similar to her ebon cloak that she often wears as well.  She generally wears a pair of black leather and mithril sandals, and she keeps a pair of simple mithril rings that she nearly constantly wears.  When traveling she wears a supple leather backpack that's hidden under her cloak, and in battle she pulls out a fine black oak composite longbow which she wields with gleaming eyes.

Caliphia's personality is quite odd for her race.  Unlike many of her people, she is somewhat honorable, though her view of honor is a bit different from what some would consider such.  She is a woman of her word, though she rarely give such.  The drow is extremely exacting about her debts, when she has them, and she seems to believe that she has duties that she can't set aside.  She keeps slaves and even captures them, but she's extremely fair about treating them well, save when they attempt to escape or disobey her.  The drow doesn't hate elves, even though she has trained against them, no, she actually prefers elves as slaves.  Also a bounty hunter, the woman is extremely cautious about what she's willing to do for others, and she rarely signs contracts after being burned by such a time too many.

History:
Caliphia La'tear is the lost scion of the La'tear family, and is more than happy to remain lost.  She's certain that her younger sister is more than happy to run the family, and the drow is far happier not having to deal with the fractious lot that is a drow clan.  The degree of chaos that a drow clan causes offends her sense of order, and as such Caliphia decided at long last to leave and has found that the outside world is far more interesting.

The drow cares little for her time growing up in a drow city and rarely explains it, as any such city is much the same as any other.  She did kill a number of rivals during her time in the city, and more than once she mused that if she had stayed, she likely would have ended up as an assassin.  But she didn't stay in the city, and roamed far and wide before reaching the surface.  Once on the surface the drow hid and slowly figured out where she could fit into such a society.  This was how she ended up as a bounty hunter who specialized in returning opponents alive.  Her own lusts and desires led to her taking her first elven slave not long after.  A few times she has taken slaves whom she's sold, but for the most part she's taken them for...personal use.

There was little of real note about her life in particular, though she became known for tracking down a number of elven criminals of some distinction.  She joined the Hidden Eyes guild primarily because she felt she needed to belong to something.  The drow has an underground mansion where she keeps much of her slaves in a good deal of comfort.  But now that the call to hunt for Damien Nightstrider has gone out, the drow has found herself intrigued.  While tempting, she's learned long since that most contracts are traps for the unfortunate bounty hunter foolish enough to sign them, and as such she refuses to sign it.  But the reward for Nightstrider...she has decided to pursue it for now, at least.  If only because she's curious what he possibly could have done to gain such a bounty on his head.