New Fableshore V2 [Urban Dark Fairy Tales] .::Need Players!::.

Started by Dhampyress, January 13, 2019, 02:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

Gms = Dhampyress & November Bleeds

Is a dark urban themed (or very close to) fantasy world, that focuses on the lives of fairy tale folk existing in line with more urban world themes (purely freeform). We have a lot of mature themes here, mixed in with a more close modern fantastical fairy-tale aesthetic. On the topic of aesthetic, Fableshore is a bit of a dim world, where nothing is quite perfect, and shady figures often move in the dark to effect the smaller folk, whilst inevitability having some pull on the strings of society . It is a place where many fairy tale figures are chasing new happy endings, in a strange and cynical place, unlike that of their home realms. A colossal and mysterious event known only as the Cataclysm, has brought these Fairy Tale folk together, leaving them in the new world that is Fableshore.

There is magic here, but it comes in a sort of altered form, generally speaking. There is adventure. There is drama. There is crime. There is love, and there is most certainly passions of everything that falls in between. That said, the game is very open to fantasy themes, and is heavily including of such elements within a more modern structure. I'd like to set few boundaries to allow players to contribute, include and create wonderful works of their own depictions of fairy tale characters, that players may be interested in playing in this sort of environment. This is in no way a fandom role-play of any existing fairy tale, and does not follow any one set verse of a singular fairy tale. We may also allow characters from myth as well.

The idea here is to allow you creative freedom in your own adaption of existing fairy tale folk. What if the story we think we know regarding a certain character is less true? Perhaps at the end there was more? It's up to you to fill in the blanks and really add your own touch to whomever it is you may have an interest in playing. The possibilities are quite endless! The game's general concept would work from a post-cataclysmic event that has set our characters in a new land, the realms in whence they came being unreachable. Ten years has since past, and Fableshore has found it's structure. However, to this day some Myst folk are still showing up. Players would be allowed to contribute to the world which such things as small business or interest groups that may exist in this contemporary setting.

The purpose of this game is to allow freedom and original creativity to contribute to the base of what is per-established within this world, and how it all works, which is a vast sandbox experience for anyone interested in these sorts of themes to enjoy. There will be a metaplot in play, but it will be explored through events. Events will be provided by GM's and will drive a focus to explaining some of the mysteries and unknowns the shape the world.

I'm looking for writers who prefer story orientated themes with mature content. There will be a private thread for erotic content. I'm looking for players who enjoy sandbox environments with a soft narrative existing in the background to help the world feel dynamic and flowing as we experience the modern tales of our characters lives. I'm looking for writers whom are not afraid to collaborate with their fellow players (or as you will learn them to be Mysts; in this realm). Most importantly I am looking for others who are creative and work well within groups. There is no demand for word count in posts or exact turn around time in a game. However, we would like to keep things as active as we possibly can. For now this thread exists solely as an interest check. If enough interest is shown we'll take the next steps. Furthermore, we are happy to answer any questions about the concept in the mean time.

The V2 in the title refers to a second version of the game. As sometime ago I experimented with this game on few occasions. This game is an entirely independent product of its own and does not connect to any former version or run of the game.

Resource Links
Game Information - Here
Character Repository - Here
OOC - Here

Dhampyress

Explanation on magic in Fableshore
Some of you may question how exactly magic plays into this game, as there are abountiful number of fairy tale folk of whom exude or have some means of conjury of magic. Magic exists in two forms. There is raw magic, the most powerful of magics -- that is often harder to come by -- and refined magic. Below you’ll find further explanation on each, as well as some insight into magical properties, which is something of various kids of passive magic abilities that Myst folk are known to possess.

Conjury, Sorcery, Witchcraft
The usage of raw magic is limited to actual conjurers, practitioners of magical arts, and is quite potent, though meticulously regulated. Known conjurers of Fableshore are licensed, this includes known wizards, witches and the like. However, it is not impossible to perform or practice magic without licensing, though it’s known to draw attention from authority enforcement of some of Fableshores protective services and organizations. Under circumstances there may be loopholes around this as well; as such is sometimes the case with politically powerful Mysts of whom tread their magical agenda beyond the knowledge of others.

Brews, Tonics
The usage of refined magic is much more common and is basically accessible to every Myst. These come in the form of tonics. Tonics are like potions or brewed pharmaceuticals that inhibit effects on those who use them, or those of whom may come under their effect. Legal forms come from drug stores, hospitals, remedy shops etc. Tonics are categorized on a level of three tiers -- which is something that will be explained in future comings. Although typically tonics are legally traded and exchanged upon the desires or wishes that may seek them, there has been a very large influx of deleterious tonics that have for sometime hit Fableshores many streets. These tonics are produced by a criminal organization known as; The Brewers Market. The Brewers Market -- albeitly illegal -- has opened doors to some truly troubling tonic based brews. It’s become known that they have become financial point of business for various ventures in Fableshore. Although, very few places will willingly sell such tonics over the counter, lest they attract the wrong kind attention to themselves.

Passive Magical Qualities
Magical qualities are the last form of magic in Fableshore. Unlike coming from conjury or brewing with the previous mentions, it’s very common for all Mysts to inhibit some form of magical properties. An example might be a former wolf character having a heightened sense of smell, or the ability to speak with animals. There will be a section for this provided on the upcoming character sheets where each Myst will be allowed three.

Characters that are currently reserved
(Since this is solely an interest check (at the moment). However, in light of some possible plans for the idea, some fairy tale folk have been reserved. These are;
Alice
Or Alicia, as she'll commonly be known, will be something of troubled young adult with something of history being involved with mischief. Presently she's known to be rather timid and peculiar. At heart she's a good person, but solemnly isn't the best at exuding such finer qualities. This is because dear Alice has a dreadful secret. Alice will be a neutral character among forces at work in Fableshore. However, she will have ties to a black drug market known notoriously a the Brewers Market. Alice will be somewhat of inconsistent employee of this group, with more practical day-to-day work being based around a run down, but quite popular tavern, in Fableshores Downtown district. The tavern is known as The Rabbit Hole (will add picture later) and is known to attracts all sorts of ruffians and misfits.
- Alice In Wonderland/Adventures/Looking Glass
Cinderella
or more particularly named, Sinderella, is a mobster who’s established in infamy and rumors. She’s the current leader of Fableshores only mafia group, known as The Fairest. However, it was not her that founded the original criminal syndicate. Cindy Tremaine is a cunning women who plays her felonious hand meticulously. She’s known to work through loopholes in the law to keep much of her business undisturbed by law enforcement or Fableshore’s circles of authority. She is no stranger to pulling strings for those whom might need favors most, but not without compensating consequences. Cindy is also one of the wealthiest Mysts in Fableshore. Her day job has her involved in real estate industry and entertainment. She owns one sixth of Fableshore’s business; through partial or large control.
- Cinderella
Dorothy
will be something of an underachieving hero. She’s and advocate for justice, but is skeptical of groups with just intentions. This has made her an underdog of sorts with a preceding reputation. Dorothy has learned through experience that Fableshore is more than what it seems. She was previously apart of Fableshores police department, but quit sometime shortly after rookie status. Since then she’s become involved with a special group of individuals who look into esoteric affairs regarding Fableshore. Dorothy also has been tasked with the responsibility of maintaining Fableshores largest library, that contains much of its history.
- Wizard Of Oz
Jack Frost
A rather mischievous young adult who, like the weather, has emotions which run wild. Jack owns his own ice rink named "Skateway" which thrives off a romantic and yet melancholic vibe. He is a curious type, one who is in search of understanding others and finding friends who may be accepting of him. Jack tries to be a gentle soul but may come across wrongly at times. Jack has somewhat of reputation for being a trickster.
- Mythology
The Big Bad Wolf
Kaleb is a Detective working for the local police department. He tries to keep things in order, but the definition of 'order' can sometimes be troubling, especially for someone like him. Kaleb has little patience and may resort to violence at unexpected times, particularly if he has a hunch or guess, even if he's blind sighted and wrong. This of course adds to the trouble Kaleb can get himself into, especially with those above him or maybe even his partners.
- Little Red Riding Hood
Knave of Hearts
Presently known as Ander; arrived recently to Fableshore. Due to a memory spell being cast upon him, Ander hardly remembers a thing about his former life before the cataclysm. While he endures vigorous nightmares, he can hardly fathom the details the following mornings. While his memory is slow to return, Ander has a dark past which proves he is to be corrupt and likely wicked. Though Ander's path is not yet set which offers unlimited possibilities to what may become of him. Whether he may endure the fantasies of corruption, accept what light may touch him or walk the fine line between both parties is entirely up in the air.
- Alice In Wonderland/Adventures
Peter Pan - Peter Pan
Mad Hatter
Montague-Tiu Wentworth Thurston Friedrich Satorsun the Third aka The Hatter aka Mads aka Monty - or The Full Monty, once you get to know him on a personal level - arrived in Fableshore very much the same way all of the other Mysticals did; however, instead of freaking out or fighting to find a way back home, he settled in right away and made the most of the moment. There was no need to carry on or cry or kick kittens. Not even the ugly ones. Why would there be such a need for any of that silliness? What had happened to them was actually a good thing and probably for the best, at least that was how The Hatter saw it through his rose-colored glasses and with his attention-deficit hyperactive-disordered mind. Wonderland was, after all, growing tiresome. Every new day was starting to seem like the last, with a beheading here, a croquet match there, and countless interruptions during afternoon tea. The nerve of some people! Anyway, instead of seeing this as a setback, Monty saw it as an opportunity to start anew. And so start he did, his own business as a matter of fact! The one, the only, Tea for Two; however, a good cuppa and a buttered scone just didn't hold the same appeal in Fableshore, so he decided to spice things up just a little. Okay. Maybe a lot. And so from the ashes of his old business rose T-42, an erotically charged performance hall and liquor-loving lounge with its very own all-male burlesque show and, well, still the best cup of tea this side of the rainbow. Granted, it certainly helps that said tea is now being served by scantily clad stud muffins with hot crescent buns and a generous side of sausage, although, in all fairytaleness, Monty does still know the fine art of brewin' one hell of a mean pot.
- Alice In Wonderland/Adventures/Looking Glass
The Huntsman - Red Riding / Snow White
The Cheshire Cat - Alice In Wonderland/Adventures/Looking Glass
Genie
Born in a land of sand and heat, Mira QaDir arrived in Fableshore in a great sundering of her lands and the last vision was of the great stroke of lightning crashing down around her.   The brown haired, olive skinned woman has come a long way in the last year.  Finding the industrial and urban environments unique, confusing and quite a curiosity Mira has slowly learned the ropes from Dorothy whom allowed her to stay in her apartment until Mira was capable of standing on her own feet.   The Midwestern woman's values mirrored Mira's own and recently she was allowed to join the police force, her gentle unassuming nature quite the opposite of most on the force.
- Aladdin/Various/Mythology
Robin - Robin Hood
Oberon - King Of Fairies
Jafar - Aladdin/One Thousand And One Nights
Rumpelstiltskin - Various Fairy Tales / Brothers Grimm
The Little Mermaid - The Little Mermaid
The Caterpillar - Alice In Wonderland/Adventures
The Blind Witch - Hansel in Gretel
Mulan - Mulan
Evil Step-sister - Cinderella
Thumbelina - Thumbelina
Swan Princess - The Tale Of Tsar Saltan
Snow Queen / Elsa - Snow Queen/Frozen
Tinkerbell - Peter Pan
Sleeping Beauty/Aurora - Sleeping Beauty
Red Riding Hood - Red Riding Hood
Snow White - Snow White
White Rabbit Alice In Wonderland/Adventures
Bo Peep Bo Peep
Prince Charming Various Fairy Tales

Background Characters
(Characters that are established in the game as enrichment elements. These characters are currently not available)
Tweedle Twins
Little Miss Muffet
Old Lady In The Shoe
King Triton
Kazuto Tohsaka
Tin Man
Jabberwocky
Seawitch
Magic Mirror
White Queen

Face claim reservations
Player Characters
Alice - Maria Amanda - (Dhampyress)
Cinderella - Sara Fabel - (Dhampyress)
Dorothy - Stacey Farnet - (Dhampyress)
Jack Frost - Anatoly Budkov - (November Bleeds)
The Big Bad Wolf - Ben Barnes - (November Bleeds)
Knave of Hearts - Brennan Benko - (November Bleeds)
Peter Pan - Unnamed - (slytherindoctor)
Mad Hatter - Mariano Di Vaio - (Twisted iN Tux)
The Huntsman - Unnamed - (nastroma)
The Cheshire Cat - Unnamed - (nastroma)
Genie - Rima Fakih - (Mayna)
Robin - Paddy Mitchell- (Intimate Ink)
Oberon - Oussama Guessoum- (Intimate Ink)
Jafar - Adam Ayash - (Xurtan)
Rumpelstiltskin - Dustin McNeer - (lux89)
Toto Aurelian - Pedro Aurelian - (Dashou)
The Little Mermaid - The Little Mermaid - (Pending)
The Caterpillar - Reserve Daisy Clementine & Andy Biersack - (CurvyKitten)
The Blind Witch - Unnamed - (CurvyKitten
Mulan - Aoi Shouta - (Tokyorose627)
Evil Step-sister - Jovana Rikalo -(Amarlo)
Thumbelina - Taylor Jones Thetinytay - (November Bleeds)
Swan Princess - Unnamed - (November Bleeds)
Sleeping Beauty/Aurora - Unnamed - (Lingo)
Red Riding Hood - India Eisley - (Amarlo)
Snow White - Jenna Dewan - (Kristen)
Seawitch - Unamed - (Kristen)
White Rabbit - Hallucineon - (Dashou)
Bo Peep - Kim Taeyeon - (Dashou)
Prince Charming - Lucas Aurelien - (November Bleeds)

NPCS
Wendy Darling - Charlotte Free - (Dhampyress)
Evanora Payne - Eva Green - (Dhampyress)
Anastasia Crims - Charlize Theron - (Dhampyress)
The Tooth Fairy - Jessica Stam - (Dhampyress)

Dhampyress

Please PM all profiles to Dhampyress & November Bleeds. Following this, and once I have managed to review them, you may post them openly on the interest check thread, if you so desire!

[float=left][img height=375 padding=8](Face claim reference only)[/img]
[img height=155 padding=10](Reference one)[/img][img height=155 padding=10](Reference two)[/img][/float]

[b]Played By:[/b] [font=courier](Your username)[/font]
[b]Name:[/b] [font=courier](Character name)[/font]
[b]Face Claim/Play-By:[/b] [font=courier](If you feel the need to list one)[/font]
[b]Alias/Nick name's:[/b] [font=courier](Character's nick or pet names) [/font]
[b]Age Appearance:[/b] [font=courier](How old does your character appear) [/font]
[b]Actual Age:[/b] [font=courier](How old is your character?) [/font]
[b]Gender:[/b] [font=courier](Gender. Gender bending is acceptable) [/font]
[b]Height:[/b] [font=courier](Self explanatory)[/font]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b] [font=courier](Accent/ethnicity/Etc.) [/font]
[b]Sexuality:[/b] [font=courier](You don't have to share this) [/font]
[b]Reputation:[/b] [font=courier](You may pick one of three. [color=green]'Loyalist'[/color] = Generally a good person. Morally stable | [color=blue]'Ambivalent'[/color] = Uncertain. Falls somewhere in between | [color=red]'Deviant'[/color] = Morally crooked. Known to be troublesome, or involved in mischief, to some notary degree) | Anomic = New to Fableshore. No established history and no established reputation. Please review the game information (first post for more info)
[b]Occupation:[/b] [font=courier](What do they do in Fableshore for a living?) [/font]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] [font=courier]( Leave blank if unaffiliated. Please review the affiliations section of the game information for more detail (Link currently not provided). Examples could be a a group, gang, club and etc. [color=red]Unaffiliated[/color] status is a very common and viable decision)[/font]
[b]Personality:[/b] [font=courier](Describe your characters personality, however you may prefer to do so)[/font]
[b]Bio:[/b]

[i][font=courier](Whats your characters story? Your character may be an [i]anomic[/i] if you so choose. An [i]anomic[/i] is a term for someone who is very new to the world of Fableshore and has made a recent arrival in comparison to already having some story fleshed out by the point of their entry into the game.)[/font][/i]

[b]Distinguishing Features:[/b] [i](This is optional. List as many or little as you may like)[/i]

[b]Special Qualities:[/b]

[font=courier][i][color=green]-List first ability [/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=green]-List second ability [/color][/i][/font]
[font=courier][i][color=green]-List third [/color][/i][/font]

[b]Connections:[/b] [font=courier]What are your characters relationships? Do they have friends in Fableshore, or enemies?[/font]
[b]Desired / Prefered Plots:[/b] [list]
[li]What kind of character stories would this character enjoy?[/li]
[li]List more here[/li]
[li]Or list as many as you like[/li]
[/list]

[font=courier][b]Additional Information:[/b] This section is used for listing any additional information about your character. You may also include any information relative to small businesses or ventures that your character has taken on in Fableshore. If you'd like to include a buiness please click/review the spoiler below.[/font]

[spoiler=Small Business Form][b]List name of business and affiliation, if any[/b]: [font=courier][I] “Business name here. [/i] (Explain business concept)

([i][b]Note:[/b][/i] A business is ranging from anything small to medium. Examples could be a shop, a tavern and etc.)

[font=courier][i](These are optional images for [b]Businesses[/b]. You do not need to include them. Include as many or less as you might want. I've left some code here that's for optional use. Replace the first part with a link and add a word to describe it.)[/i][/font]

1#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>

2#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>

3#<a href=Link goes here> Reference name goes here. E.g: Interior/Exterior </a>[/spoiler]

Please review the character repository; here for an example of a finished character sheet.

November Bleeds

GM here! :D Looking forward to seeing what may come from this wonderful story.

Mayna

Hello GM team,  love the concept and am interested when you get it up and running!

Twisted iN Tux

I would love to give my Mad Hatter (from V1) another go, as well as the club that I had made for him. Thoughts?

Dhampyress

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on January 15, 2019, 07:53:05 AM
I would love to give my Mad Hatter (from V1) another go, as well as the club that I had made for him. Thoughts?

I think this is a great idea. If you'd like I could put down a reservation, in the mean time?

I'd be honored to have both of you. ;D

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 15, 2019, 01:02:52 PM
I think this is a great idea. If you'd like I could put down a reservation, in the mean time?

I'd be honored to have both of you. ;D

Yes, please and thank you. Make it so! *Picard points*

November Bleeds

slytherindoctor

I'm vaguely interested in where this goes. Especially in playing Peter Pan. Innocent, naive, happy, excited, fun-loving, adventurous, low attention span. Perhaps running his own gang of street thief boys ala Oliver Twist.

Dhampyress

Quote from: slytherindoctor on January 15, 2019, 03:32:13 PM
I'm vaguely interested in where this goes. Especially in playing Peter Pan. Innocent, naive, happy, excited, fun-loving, adventurous, low attention span. Perhaps running his own gang of street thief boys ala Oliver Twist.

I really love this idea. I had an idea or two in mind for something like this. I'd love to collaborate with you, if you might open to the idea, if this manages to collect a bit more interest?

slytherindoctor

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 15, 2019, 03:58:47 PM
I really love this idea. I had an idea or two in mind for something like this. I'd love to collaborate with you, if you might open to the idea, if this manages to collect a bit more interest?

Yeah sure. What idea did you have in mind?

Dhampyress

Quote from: slytherindoctor on January 15, 2019, 04:06:08 PM
Yeah sure. What idea did you have in mind?

I have a few groups in mind that may inhabit the world of Fableshore and have some effect on within its contemporary state. One such group was a street gang known as the Lost Boys, which is implied to have connections to Peter Pan. The group may also have a lieutenant figure that was something of a spin-off of Wendy Darling. Wendy would be a kind of NPC, as I'd prefer Peter to run things. As much as I would prefer a player leader make decisions for the group.

My larger vision was to make a kind of trinity of gang / criminal groups, that each range in differing degree within their criminality and affairs. The Lost Boys were intended to be more of a lowly group, centered around mischief and hooliganism. I was curious to know if something like this might find some congruence with your thoughts for Peter?

slytherindoctor

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 15, 2019, 04:54:52 PM
I have a few groups in mind that may inhabit the world of Fableshore and have some effect on within its contemporary state. One such group was a street gang known as the Lost Boys, which is implied to have connections to Peter Pan. The group may also have a lieutenant figure that was something of a spin-off of Wendy Darling. Wendy would be a kind of NPC, as I'd prefer Peter to run things. As much as I would prefer a player leader make decisions for the group.

My larger vision was to make a kind of trinity of gang / criminal groups, that each range in differing degree within their criminality and affairs. The Lost Boys were intended to be more of a lowly group, centered around mischief and hooliganism. I was curious to know if something like this might find some congruence with your thoughts for Peter?

Yeah, I can get behind that. They're not out and out criminals. I would say that Peter Pan would be too innocent to do anything really sinister or evil. But at the same time, he's also amoral. Perhaps very slightly sociopath. Neither a sense of good morality or a lack of morality. Simply no view on morality itself. He doesn't really understand the things he's doing are bad and he's doing them for fun. Only really seeing himself as the most important person. So, like you said, low level mischief and hooliganism. Like I said with the group of thieves. He cares about the people in the group to the extent that they can help him have fun.

Very much so childish in thought and reason. The way a child only really cares about themselves and doesn't really care about the world around them. Perhaps he doesn't really intend to harm others, hence not really understanding that what he's doing is bad, but it's a byproduct of only caring about himself.

So then, also like a child, he's heavily dependent on other people for moral and emotional support as well as survival generally. He cares about other people to the extent that they will help him. Which is why he can latch on to a Wendy figure as a caretaker for them.

If you want to take it higher, his group could easily be taken advantage of by another higher criminal gang that absolutely is evil. This goes along with being innocent and naive. Getting Peter Pan's Lost Boys to do some things that maybe stretch that envelope a little bit. But he's not going to do anything too insanely evil.

Does this all make sense? Basically just a child in terms of morality and innocence. Thinking of himself first. Easily manipulated and misled. Dependent on others. Caring about people only to the extent of what they can do for him. And otherwise doing what he does just for his own entertainment and low attention span.

Mayna

I think your idea for gangs and Peter Pan is a stellar match, seems like a great fit for both the design and for tons of RP opportunities.  I and tried to decide what would be the best place to fit I in (in a world full of myths and fairytales, I know how that sounds).  I would be curious if there will be a good component to offset the criminal organizations even though I believe in the first v1 they were a little bit jaded as well?  I would be interested in such a group as I’m not sure I’m cut out for evil goings on like some of you!

Dhampyress

Quote from: slytherindoctor on January 15, 2019, 05:11:28 PM
Yeah, I can get behind that. They're not out and out criminals. I would say that Peter Pan would be too innocent to do anything really sinister or evil. But at the same time, he's also amoral. Perhaps very slightly sociopath. Neither a sense of good morality or a lack of morality. Simply no view on morality itself. He doesn't really understand the things he's doing are bad and he's doing them for fun. Only really seeing himself as the most important person. So, like you said, low level mischief and hooliganism. Like I said with the group of thieves. He cares about the people in the group to the extent that they can help him have fun.

Very much so childish in thought and reason. The way a child only really cares about themselves and doesn't really care about the world around them. Perhaps he doesn't really intend to harm others, hence not really understanding that what he's doing is bad, but it's a byproduct of only caring about himself.

So then, also like a child, he's heavily dependent on other people for moral and emotional support as well as survival generally. He cares about other people to the extent that they will help him. Which is why he can latch on to a Wendy figure as a caretaker for them.

If you want to take it higher, his group could easily be taken advantage of by another higher criminal gang that absolutely is evil. This goes along with being innocent and naive. Getting Peter Pan's Lost Boys to do some things that maybe stretch that envelope a little bit. But he's not going to do anything too insanely evil.

Does this all make sense? Basically just a child in terms of morality and innocence. Thinking of himself first. Easily manipulated and misled. Dependent on others. Caring about people only to the extent of what they can do for him. And otherwise doing what he does just for his own entertainment and low attention span.

I absolutely love how you've broken this down. I think it's perfect for the kind of group, that Peter's gang could be. I also adhere to the way you've justified his morality and think it would fit smoothly into the scheme of how it may be involved with some of the other groups. These are some lovely ideas and I completely stand by them.

In the meantime, would you like me to tentatively reserve the character for you? :-)

Dhampyress

Perhaps I should release more of my ideas for some of the other groups as well? Admittedly, I only had two with some structure in mind with a potential third being more open to possibility. That is so long as it doesn't seem redundant of one of the other two groups.

Quote from: Mayna on January 15, 2019, 05:26:08 PM
I would be curious if there will be a good component to offset the criminal organizations even though I believe in the first v1 they were a little bit jaded as well?  I would be interested in such a group as I’m not sure I’m cut out for evil goings on like some of you!

Yes! There certainly will be. I can say that there will be a group dedicated to the task of looking into affairs that generally effect the Mysts. There will also be a police department as well, that has something of shifting reputation among Mysts in Fableshore. The first group won't be associated so much on a policing level, as much as they will deal with more esoteric matters and affairs, which would be be involved with revealing some of the mysteries about the town. Both groups would act as more do-gooder organizations meant to counter some of the criminality and injustice in our setting.

slytherindoctor

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 15, 2019, 05:32:09 PM
I absolutely love how you've broken this down. I think it's perfect for the kind of group, that Peter's gang could be. I also adhere to the way you've justified his morality and think it would fit smoothly into the scheme of how it may be involved with some of the other groups. These are some lovely ideas and I completely stand by them.

In the meantime, would you like me to tentatively reserve the character for you? :-)

Yeah sure. I'll watch to see if more interest forms as well.

Quote from: Mayna on January 15, 2019, 05:26:08 PM
I think your idea for gangs and Peter Pan is a stellar match, seems like a great fit for both the design and for tons of RP opportunities.  I and tried to decide what would be the best place to fit I in (in a world full of myths and fairytales, I know how that sounds).  I would be curious if there will be a good component to offset the criminal organizations even though I believe in the first v1 they were a little bit jaded as well?  I would be interested in such a group as I’m not sure I’m cut out for evil goings on like some of you!

Well that's just the thing. Peter's not evil at all. He does what he does for fun, no morality about it. He could equally do good things as bad things as long as they make him happy and excited. If he steals a bunch of money he could equally end up giving it out to a bunch of people and feel happy seeing them smiling and grateful and willing to help him out. Or he could use all that money to buy something insanely lavish just for himself.

The thing with good deeds is that they're ultimately self serving. He does them to make himself feel good because he likes to see other people happy and likes people liking him. Because if they like him, they'll be more likely to do things for him. And Peter Pan is ultimately the most important person in Peter Pan's life.

Dhampyress

Quote from: slytherindoctor on January 15, 2019, 05:40:16 PM
Yeah sure. I'll watch to see if more interest forms as well.

Well that's just the thing. Peter's not evil at all. He does what he does for fun, no morality about it. He could equally do good things as bad things as long as they make him happy and excited. If he steals a bunch of money he could equally end up giving it out to a bunch of people and feel happy seeing them smiling and grateful and willing to help him out. Or he could use all that money to buy something insanely lavish just for himself.

The thing with good deeds is that they're ultimately self serving. He does them to make himself feel good because he likes to see other people happy and likes people liking him. Because if they like him, they'll be more likely to do things for him. And Peter Pan is ultimately the most important person in Peter Pan's life.

Updated. And I've edited my last post to sort of provide more information on some of my thoughts for more moral abiding groups.

BlueEyedBard

Hi there! I wanted to say that I find your story idea very interesting.

I also wanted to check and see if you already had something in mind for the city's politics, because I find myself, right away, drawn to the idea of Maleficent as the wicked, corrupt mayor, with a thirst for power that she will do anything to quench.
Who uses her own enforcers, her unique brand of black magic, and a particularly sadistic dominatrix streak to push the city toward her personal brand of Hell...

This was just an initial thought. So if that seems like it would be messing too much with your original plot, don't feel bad to let me know ^•^
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Dhampyress

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 15, 2019, 06:19:33 PM
Hi there! I wanted to say that I find your story idea very interesting.

I also wanted to check and see if you already had something in mind for the city's politics, because I find myself, right away, drawn to the idea of Maleficent as the wicked, corrupt mayor, with a thirst for power that she will do anything to quench.
Who uses her own enforcers, her unique brand of black magic, and a particularly sadistic dominatrix streak to push the city toward her personal brand of Hell...

This was just an initial thought. So if that seems like it would be messing too much with your original plot, don't feel bad to let me know ^•^

I do like the premise of this character idea. I don't think it would be outside the theme of the game to play Maleficent in a mayor role with the dominatrix streak. Fableshore is no stranger to deviants being in seats of political power. However, my only concern with the idea is how effective such an impact might be on the setting itself. I totally advocate the idea of her pursuing such an agenda, but I wonder how you might take to the idea of a coterie of folks potentially working against that. This way that theme can be present but in not such a way that it might not take too much of a toll on other players and their concepts, as not everyone might want to be pulled into something like this.

Do you think something like that might work for what you had in mind?

November Bleeds

Really enjoying the concepts so far that everyone has come up with! I'm curious to see how everything will unfold and it's truly proving to be a mischievous universe which brings all the more fun!

Just to let everyone know, Pyress and I were thinking that each player is allowed up to three characters! Of course, we're understanding if players wish to begin with just one and move from there, but thought we would leave the option open. Also, we're open to the idea of NPC's as well that stand-in as temporary characters in the meantime but will offer more detail on this soon.

Speaking of organizations, The Big Bad Wolf is one of my characters and the original concept I had for him in a previous version of the game was a detective/police role ((which was inspired by Bigby Wolf from Fables, or to some; The Wolf Among Us)). I figure having him within this sort of role could add to the drama going around with all the devious Mysts running around. This could leave potential for some character connections with those leaning on either causing trouble or those wishing to prevent it. If anyone wants to have some background with him too, I have no doubt we could work something out given his occupation. :D

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 15, 2019, 07:04:16 PM
I do like the premise of this character idea. I don't think it would be outside the theme of the game to play Maleficent in a mayor role with the dominatrix streak. Fableshore is no stranger to deviants being in seats of political power. However, my only concern with the idea is how effective such an impact might be on the setting itself. I totally advocate the idea of her pursuing such an agenda, but I wonder how you might take to the idea of a coterie of folks potentially working against that. This way that theme can be present but in not such a way that it might not take too much of a toll on other players and their concepts, as not everyone might want to be pulled into something like this.

Do you think something like that might work for what you had in mind?

I don't think that would be a problem at all. I have no desire to actually control the city, or other people's characters (unless they find themselves strapped to her desk  >:) ). Nor do I have a desire to be OP at all. I believe the part of this character that would be the most fun, is when people do actively get in the way of her desires or thwart her. That's when she gets to make up all her evil plans.

From what I see from this game, most characters are criminals or otherwise work outside of the law, so there is no reason the mayor would have any real pull over them. So in a manner of speaking she would be like another criminal presence in the city. Just one with a more formal gang, and city hall as a hideout.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Dhampyress

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 15, 2019, 08:44:12 PM
I don't think that would be a problem at all. I have no desire to actually control the city, or other people's characters (unless they find themselves strapped to her desk  >:) ). Nor do I have a desire to be OP at all. I believe the part of this character that would be the most fun, is when people do actively get in the way of her desires or thwart her. That's when she gets to make up all her evil plans.

From what I see from this game, most characters are criminals or otherwise work outside of the law, so there is no reason the mayor would have any real pull over them. So in a manner of speaking she would be like another criminal presence in the city. Just one with a more formal gang, and city hall as a hideout.

I think that sounds great then. I wouldn't have any concerns with a concept like that. Would you like me to reserve the character for you? :-)

Rel Mayer

Keeping an eye on this. Wouldn't mind playing a Jasmine.

Or an old Evil Queen of some sort.

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 15, 2019, 09:21:45 PM
I think that sounds great then. I wouldn't have any concerns with a concept like that. Would you like me to reserve the character for you? :-)
Please ^•^
On/Off

slytherindoctor

I would not be opposed to playing multiple characters. If it starts to take off and I could help inject more life into it. Sure. I don't know who else I'd pick up, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I was also thinking, as far as Peter Pan's sexuality. I was thinking he'd probably be bisexual, but functionally asexual. As in, he's vaguely attracted to people, but doesn't really know what to do with it, what the feelings are, ect. And probably afraid of it. He probably ignores it most of the time. He's probably quite good at flirting with people, you know, for fun. But if someone were to actually tell him they were attracted to him or actually went into heavy heavy flirting or tried to kiss him he wouldn't know what to do with that and probably freak out a little bit and disappear quite quickly. Ala "What is a kiss?" Probably something that's just way way too heavy and serious for him and thus to be avoided. If that makes sense.

November Bleeds

Just a quick update! Pyress and I moved the Characters section to the second post. We've also added small summaries to our characters. These summaries exist to give everyone an idea of who our characters are ahead of time.

If you would like to also add a summary for your character for similar purposes, just let us know! Feel free to write one here or even PM Dhampyress with it so she can add it to your character in a spoiler.

Also please note, The Huntsman has been reserved for a player!

BlueEyedBard

Are the characters aware of the cataclysm to any extent?
On/Off

Dhampyress

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 16, 2019, 01:21:50 AM
Are the characters aware of the cataclysm to any extent?

Yes, they very much are. However, the specific details of it reserved to be less explained. The common understanding is that everyone experienced it in the same way, within their own respective realms. Once I release the game information (should be either tomorrow or the following day) more information on some of the specifics will be provided for your OOC knowledge. The cataclysm is a potential subplot idea we planned to play with in the game, expanding on it through some of the ideas we have for the world.

November Bleeds

Hey everyone! Just to let you all know the second post on the thread has been adjusted. We've added a magic section for those who are curious of what magic may be like in this world. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!

3jackdaws

I'm definitely interested! I'll need a bit of time to think about my character, however. There are just so many possibilities.
Moloch whose hand has occupied so much fear! Moloch whose fingers are heavyweight iron! Moloch whose fists contain all that was wretchedly insane! Moloch whose daughter is a niece of the rat! Moloch whose life is a song against the burning of village houses! Moloch whose life we all die for! Moloch, fruit of all nightmares!

Dhampyress

Quote from: 3jackdaws on January 17, 2019, 06:20:24 PM
I'm definitely interested! I'll need a bit of time to think about my character, however. There are just so many possibilities.

Delighted to hear it. Looking most forward to what ideas you might come up with. ;)

Intimate Ink

If this goes through I would like to do a young, cocky Robin of Locksley and/or an Oberon.  I have a nice break coming up in about a week so might not get a sheet out until then if it passes interest check.  Here is hoping, though! 

Xurtan

Hm, color me intrigued as well. I'd probably be most interested in playing Jafar, possibly as some sort of drug (tonic?) dealer, or working with magical artifact trade. Cursed or otherwise. ;)

November Bleeds

Quote from: Intimate Ink on January 18, 2019, 04:13:58 PM
If this goes through I would like to do a young, cocky Robin of Locksley and/or an Oberon.  I have a nice break coming up in about a week so might not get a sheet out until then if it passes interest check.  Here is hoping, though!

Quote from: Xurtan on January 18, 2019, 04:17:08 PM
Hm, color me intrigued as well. I'd probably be most interested in playing Jafar, possibly as some sort of drug (tonic?) dealer, or working with magical artifact trade. Cursed or otherwise. ;)

So glad to have the interest of both of you! Dhampyress has marked them down! :D

Amarlo

I hate you both... -Glowers at Ink and Xurtan.-

Is Snow White taken? >>

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on January 18, 2019, 10:10:50 PM
I hate you both... -Glowers at Ink and Xurtan.-

Is Snow White taken? >>

Nope. But for you, I'll definitely reserve it.  ;D

Amarlo

Fantastic.  ;D If we're using faceclaims, I'd also love to reserve Felice Fawn, pretty please? -flutters lashes.-

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

November Bleeds

Quote from: Amarlo on January 18, 2019, 11:02:03 PM
Fantastic.  ;D If we're using faceclaims, I'd also love to reserve Felice Fawn, pretty please? -flutters lashes.-

Most definitely! Thank you also for the reminder on this! We're going to update the list and add Face Claims as well momentarily :)

CurvyKitten

So many great writers already putting for interest.~eyes you all~  I feel like I can't resist! Have to think on a character though.

Intimate Ink

Ohhhh.  Amarlo and Curvy, too!!!!  Peeps!

Since it looks like face claims are being added, I would like to reserve Owen Devalk for Robin of Locksley and Oussama Guessoum for Oberon.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Intimate Ink on January 19, 2019, 07:01:20 AM
Ohhhh.  Amarlo and Curvy, too!!!!  Peeps!

Since it looks like face claims are being added, I would like to reserve Owen Devalk for Robin of Locksley and Oussama Guessoum for Oberon.

Face claims list has been updated!  :-)

@Curvy: Hey you. We'd love to have you in the game.

Xurtan

If we're doing face claims... I'd like to reserve Adam Ayash for Jafar.

lux89

*is lured in!* ;D

May I reserve Dustin McNeer for Rumpelstiltskin?

Dhampyress

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

November Bleeds

Hey everyone! We've been working pretty hard on the sidelines to get everything complete, Dhampyress especially as she is the mastermind of this wonderful story.

We've completed the Game Information, please review the information there for further understanding on how the game works. If anyone has any questions that are unable to be answered on there, feel free to ask either of us!

The Character Repository is also up! You can review some of our characters there. All will be completed soon.

With that said, you're all welcome to grab the character sheets here on the third post of the Interest Check. You're welcome to start working on your character sheets. Please sent them to the both of us upon completion before posting them via PM. Once we review them, we will give you the OK to post them on the Character Repository! :D

Amarlo

Oh oh. May I tentatively reserve Persephone? >> Is that allowed?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on January 19, 2019, 09:45:21 PM
Oh oh. May I tentatively reserve Persephone? >> Is that allowed?

Yeah. I think we'd be alright with that. We're a bit more cautious with some Mythology. We'll allow it though. Curious to see what you might come up with. Did you have a faceclaim for her?

Dashou

Will reserve one Toto anddddd I guess I will use Pedro Aurelian as faceclaimaroo.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Dashou on January 20, 2019, 09:49:39 PM
Will reserve one Toto anddddd I guess I will use Pedro Aurelian as faceclaimaroo.

*Squealssss!*  ;D

I'll mark it down for you.

Tokyorose627

To make sure cause I looked at the list of characters, the Little Mermaid is already taken correct? I was thinking of bringing back my character from the first version of this but if it's already taken then I'll figure something else out. ;A;

Dhampyress

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 21, 2019, 11:10:12 AM
To make sure cause I looked at the list of characters, the Little Mermaid is already taken correct? I was thinking of bringing back my character from the first version of this but if it's already taken then I'll figure something else out. ;A;

As of right now there is a reservation on the character. This may change as it's somewhat tentative with the way things currently are. Do you have any other ideas in mind?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 21, 2019, 04:00:07 PM
As of right now there is a reservation on the character. This may change as it's somewhat tentative with the way things currently are. Do you have any other ideas in mind?

Not at the moment. I really liked my character, but maybe I could try to find something else? :(

There was some other ideas I had but the characters have already been taken, so I guess I’ll have to wait and see. D:

Tokyorose627

If possible, I do have an idea for a young hunter from the story of Red Riding Hood. I’m still hoping for my mermaid however, would it be possible to have a spot as the hunter and create it, but wait and see if the other spot for the Little Mermaid is fully taken?

CurvyKitten

I would like to reserve the caterpillar and the wicked witch from Hansel and Gretel. I don't recall her name at the moment lol

art nova

Can I maybe reserve Goldilocks with Staz Lindes as her face claim? And, I noticed some people are reserving two characters. If this's open to everyone, I'd like to also reserve Little Red Riding Hood with Bree Kish as a face claim. Thank you.

November Bleeds

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 21, 2019, 04:47:58 PM
If possible, I do have an idea for a young hunter from the story of Red Riding Hood. I’m still hoping for my mermaid however, would it be possible to have a spot as the hunter and create it, but wait and see if the other spot for the Little Mermaid is fully taken?

Hey Tokyo! =] So glad you're interested again! I'm really sorry but the Huntsman is taken by another player and in collaboration wit my Big Bad Wolf. Is there another character that may interest you, by chance? We could throw some suggestions your way, if you'd like.

November Bleeds

@CurvyKitten & bibliophelia: So nice to see you both! We've reserved your characters as well as the face claims. Curvy, if there are any face claims you'd like to reserve, please let us know. :D

Dhampyress

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 21, 2019, 05:10:36 PM
I would like to reserve the caterpillar and the wicked witch from Hansel and Gretel. I don't recall her name at the moment lol

Done and done. And the witches true name is Rosina Leckermaul. Although, in the story she's often referred to as the Blind Witch. ;D

Quote from: bibliophelia on January 21, 2019, 05:35:15 PM
Can I maybe reserve Goldilocks with Staz Lindes as her face claim? And, I noticed some people are reserving two characters. If this's open to everyone, I'd like to also reserve Little Red Riding Hood with Bree Kish as a face claim. Thank you.

Also added! Curious to see what you might come up with! :-)

Tokyorose627

Quote from: November Bleeds on January 21, 2019, 05:44:07 PM
Hey Tokyo! =] So glad you're interested again! I'm really sorry but the Huntsman is taken by another player and in collaboration wit my Big Bad Wolf. Is there another character that may interest you, by chance? We could throw some suggestions your way, if you'd like.

Suggestions may be good yeah ;A;

November Bleeds

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 21, 2019, 07:18:35 PM
Suggestions may be good yeah ;A;

No problem! Here are some suggestion we've come up with. If you like any of them, you're welcome to gender bend as well ^^

Tom Thumb, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, One of The Three Bears, Beast, Beauty, Rapunzel, Thumbelina, The Little Match Girl, Tinkerbell, Donkeyskin, Sleeping Beauty, Little Miss Muffet, Prince Charming, White Rabbit, Dormouse, One of The Three Pigs, The Gingerbread Man, Hansel, Gretel, Bluebeard & Captain Hook.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: November Bleeds on January 21, 2019, 07:44:55 PM
No problem! Here are some suggestion we've come up with. If you like any of them, you're welcome to gender bend as well ^^

Tom Thumb, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, One of The Three Bears, Beast, Beauty, Rapunzel, Thumbelina, The Little Match Girl, Tinkerbell, Donkeyskin, Sleeping Beauty, Little Miss Muffet, Prince Charming, White Rabbit, Dormouse, One of The Three Pigs, The Gingerbread Man, Hansel, Gretel, Bluebeard & Captain Hook.

Mm, Prince Charming or the White Rabbit I guess could work instead. A bit sad I can’t use my character from last time, but I guess it can’t be helped. :(

I’ll try to make something then.

slytherindoctor

I have now posted my Peter Pan sheet. And isn't he just the most adorable little chaotic mischief maker? :D

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Amarlo

Side note, I have decided not to use Persephone. I've also started thoroughly researching into my lovely little Snow White. x3

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on January 21, 2019, 09:09:06 PM
Side note, I have decided not to use Persephone. I've also started thoroughly researching into my lovely little Snow White. x3

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I'll update things to reflect that. :-)

Tokyorose627

I've decided to change my character choice, and will instead take interest for the character of Hua Mulan.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 21, 2019, 11:01:38 PM
I've decided to change my character choice, and will instead take interest for the character of Hua Mulan.

I'll make a reservation for you. Is there a face claim you might have, that you may desire for me to reserve?

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 21, 2019, 11:04:56 PM
I'll make a reservation for you. Is there a face claim you might have, that you may desire for me to reserve?

I have a face claim, but I don't think it'll be one that'll be taken quickly? For safety's sake however, I'll be using Aoi Shouta as my face claim. :3

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 21, 2019, 06:48:44 PM
Done and done. And the witches true name is Rosina Leckermaul. Although, in the story she's often referred to as the Blind Witch. ;D

Oh awesome thank you for the info!!

Quote from: November Bleeds on January 21, 2019, 05:48:00 PM
@CurvyKitten & bibliophelia: So nice to see you both! We've reserved your characters as well as the face claims. Curvy, if there are any face claims you'd like to reserve, please let us know. :D

I haven't picked out claims yet but I shall let you know as soon as the muse decides hehe.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 21, 2019, 11:09:31 PM
I have a face claim, but I don't think it'll be one that'll be taken quickly? For safety's sake however, I'll be using Aoi Shouta as my face claim. :3

Better to be safe I suppose. Marked it down for you. :-)

Xurtan

Quote from: slytherindoctor on January 21, 2019, 08:30:42 PM
I have now posted my Peter Pan sheet. And isn't he just the most adorable little chaotic mischief maker? :D

He is delightful ;) Definitely approve.

As an aside, I'm almost finished with my Jafar sheet, so I'll be tossing it y'alls way probably tonight.

Mayna

hi all - posted Mira.  So looking forward to the RP opportunities with you all!

November Bleeds

Hey everyone,

We've been loving the profiles that have been coming in so far. These have all been some truly wonderful and enjoyable ideas and we're looking forward to more as they continue to come in. One thing Dhampyress and I wanted to encourage was the idea of player concepts being involved within affiliations. Over at the game information there's quite a bit of information, but if you'll skip down to this post, you can see all the listed affiliations. We're pretty open to how players may allow their concepts to be involved, so there's no such thing as a bad idea. If you might be interested in having your character involved with an affiliation, but feel uncertain if what idea you might have in mind is suitable, don't be afraid to pitch us questions; whether that is here or through PM. Always happy to help!

Another thing we very much encourage is player businesses. Player businesses add more feeling to the world of Fableshore and we'd love to build it alongside you, hand and hand. If you have any business ideas please don't hesitate to include them at the bottom of the sheet. We're happy to hear them.

Dhampyress

Oh and just one more thing! I think it's about time we start considering an OOC, to help better manage things for everyone. I'll be working on that tonight, should be up for you all by tomorrow at the latest!

Tokyorose627

Whew, made my character sheet! No to wait to see what others have in store!

Amarlo

-flutters lashes at Dhamp- May I play an ugly step sister that's not so ugly anymore thanks to cosmetic surgery?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on January 22, 2019, 01:29:37 PM
-flutters lashes at Dhamp- May I play an ugly step sister that's not so ugly anymore thanks to cosmetic surgery?

Like a Cinderella step sister? You mean? :O

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on January 22, 2019, 03:55:18 PM
Yus  O:)

Sounds like drama.. *shifty eyes* I like. Yes, I will mark it down.

Do you have a face claim, or are you just reserving the character?

Amarlo

I'm reserving the character. I'm not 100% on the faceclaim yet.

And you know me, I looove drama 😈

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Lovely Complex

I've been staring at this for quite some time now and is interested.

Would a gender-bent Elsa be applicable?
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Dhampyress

Quote from: Cliffspiracy on January 22, 2019, 04:49:30 PM
I've been staring at this for quite some time now and is interested.

Would a gender-bent Elsa be applicable?

We're not entirely opposed to the idea. However, we'd prefer if the concept was pushed more in line with the Snow Queen. Still, we're interested in your idea all the same.

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 22, 2019, 05:14:45 PM
We're not entirely opposed to the idea. However, we'd prefer if the concept was pushed more in line with the Snow Queen. Still, we're interested in your idea all the same.
Mind explaining that to me, please? Just want to make sure I am understanding correctly.

Amarlo

I think they're hoping to keep Mr. Elsa and Jack Frost from being too closely similar. But that's just my guess. ^^;

That aside, I have decided to faceclaim Jovana Rikalo for my No-longer-so-ugly Stepsister. >> <.<

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Amarlo on January 22, 2019, 05:31:37 PM
I think they're hoping to keep Mr. Elsa and Jack Frost from being to closely similar. But that's just my guess. ^^;

That aside, I have decided to faceclaim Jovana Rikalo for my No-longer-so-ugly Stepsister. >> <.<
Ah, pfft, Jack Frost is nothing compared to Elsa. :D My own opinion though.

November Bleeds

Oh dear XD
Jack Frost and Elsa I've found are commonly paired together from fans, or were when Elsa first came into play! I hope I can word this right because I am 404 Erroring right now with my brain but XD! What Dhampyress and I meant though was two characters with those abilities are perfectly alright to place in the game, we don't want them running similarly though if possible! But also that the "Snow Queen" (Or King, here!) would be along the lines of the fairy tale more than the disney adaptation? But she was saying it was perfectly okay to take from the disney adaptation as well! Sorry for the confusion! :D

Dhampyress

Quote from: November Bleeds on January 22, 2019, 05:45:03 PM
Oh dear XD
Jack Frost and Elsa I've found are commonly paired together from fans, or were when Elsa first came into play! I hope I can word this right because I am 404 Erroring right now with my brain but XD! What Dhampyress and I meant though was two characters with those abilities are perfectly alright to place in the game, we don't want them running similarly though if possible! But also that the "Snow Queen" (Or King, here!) would be along the lines of the fairy tale more than the disney adaptation? But she was saying it was perfectly okay to take from the disney adaptation as well! Sorry for the confusion! :D

Yes. I think November has put it into perspective fairly well. This is very much what I was thinking.

art nova

Dhampyress

Quote from: bibliophelia on January 22, 2019, 05:48:53 PM
Hi, I'd like to let go of my reserves.

Sorry to hear that. For now I've released the characters. Let us know if you change your mind. :-)

Dhampyress

Informative Post

Not to change subjects, as I know there are several conversations going on here, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the OOC is now up and accessible to you all. You may post there so long as you have a reservation here, or an accepted character. I'd like to encourage everyone to use the OOC to bounce ideas back and forth with one another. As for questions, happy to answer them here or there! I've also added the OOC link to the first post for simple convenience.

Lovely Complex

Quote from: November Bleeds on January 22, 2019, 05:45:03 PM
Oh dear XD
Quote from: Dhampyress on January 22, 2019, 05:46:03 PM
Yes. I think November has put it into perspective fairly well. This is very much what I was thinking.
Honestly, Jack Frost did not even cross my mind whenever I asked that question. lol
I was planning on keeping it along the lines of the actual fairy tale, which is The Snow Queen if I am not mistaken, other than the Disney adaptation.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Cliffspiracy on January 23, 2019, 01:57:22 AM
I was planning on keeping it along the lines of the actual fairy tale, which is The Snow Queen if I am not mistaken, other than the Disney adaptation.

Yes, that's what we'd prefer. But sounds good.

Lovely Complex

Dhampyress

Just to potentially pique any late coming interest, we'll be starting the game soon, as of tomorrow or possibly tonight. But there's still time to join! :-)

Lovely Complex

So, is it cool for me to make the male version of Elsa? I didn't see it on the reserved characters list so I just want to make sure before I begin creating the character. :| If not, that's fine as I can pick someone else.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Cliffspiracy on January 25, 2019, 04:55:27 AM
So, is it cool for me to make the male version of Elsa? I didn't see it on the reserved characters list so I just want to make sure before I begin creating the character. :| If not, that's fine as I can pick someone else.

Yes, you can go right ahead. We'll reserve it for you now. :-)

Lovely Complex

CurvyKitten

Has tinkerbell not be claimed yet?! DIBS! Still working on the caterpillar, just can't work out the kinks on that one yet. But still trying!

Dhampyress

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 25, 2019, 05:53:04 AM
Has tinkerbell not be claimed yet?! DIBS! Still working on the caterpillar, just can't work out the kinks on that one yet. But still trying!

Done! ;D

Crash

Dampyress- Is your Alicia a take on my Alice from the original game?  I don’t mind.  They just seem similar.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 25, 2019, 08:14:53 AM
Dampyress- Is your Alicia a take on my Alice from the original game?  I don’t mind.  They just seem similar.

She's actually based off my Fablegrove concept, but she's been used several times in previous Fableshores that go back before last years. The game was first run back in 2016 under a different. It's seen alot of additions & changes since then.

Crash

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 25, 2019, 02:56:51 PM
She's actually based off my Fablegrove concept, but she's been used several times in previous Fableshores that go back before last years. The game was first run back in 2016 under a different. It's seen alot of additions & changes since then.

Ahh.  Like I said no problem if it was.  I did enjoy Alice for the little time I got to play her.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 25, 2019, 03:34:48 PM
Ahh.  Like I said no problem if it was.  I did enjoy Alice for the little time I got to play her.

Was there any other characters that you had some interest in playing/exploring?

Crash

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 25, 2019, 04:16:14 PM
Was there any other characters that you had some interest in playing/exploring?

Not at the moment but I will continue to think on it.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Crash on January 25, 2019, 04:27:21 PM
Not at the moment but I will continue to think on it.

Well let me know if you come up with any other ideas, so I can reserve them. I'd love to have you in the game again. ^^

Kristen

Hi everyone!

Just looking around and doing some reading.

Such a great group and compelling idea. :)

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

Lingo

Blisssssyy~ *ahem* I mean. Dhampyress ny gorl  ::)

I’d love to try out my Sleeping Beauty/Aurora in this story that we tried in an earlier version of Fableshore, is that possible?

Dhampyress

@Kristen: Squealssss!  ;D

@Lingo: And Lingo?! Why I'm just getting spoiled now. :D But yes! I'd be all for you reusing your earlier version of Sleeping Beauty/Aurora. If you need a mad doctor I have just the girl.  ;) Do you have a faceclaim for her that you might like me to reserve!

Amarlo

I'd like to reserve Little Red with India Eisley as a faceclaim.  O:) For no particular reason what so ever.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

November Bleeds

Kristen & Lingo! So nice to see you both :D So many talented writers in this game ahhh! Lingo, we've reserved the character for you!

Amarlo! No reason at all...XD! We've gone ahead and reserved the character and face claim :D Looking forward to it.

CurvyKitten

Please Reserve Daisy Clementine/Andy Biersack for me?! :)

Dhampyress

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 26, 2019, 02:21:43 AM
Please Reserve Daisy Clementine/Andy Biersack for me?! :)

Sure, but which characters are these two attached to? Just so I know. :-)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Dhampyress on January 26, 2019, 06:26:59 AM
Sure, but which characters are these two attached to? Just so I know. :-)

The caterpillar, still working towards that idea I told you about beforehand. :)

Dhampyress

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 26, 2019, 06:35:44 AM
The caterpillar, still working towards that idea I told you about beforehand. :)

All done. ^^

November Bleeds

Our character list is officially updated- including face claims.

We are still open to accepting more players! The game has only just begun. :D

Amarlo

Also, I released my claim on Snow White! So if anyone was holding off because of that, please feel free to join us. ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Twisted iN Tux

Greetings!

May I reserve Gaston LeGume with the FC of Dustin Moss? Please and thank you.

Cheers,
TNT

November Bleeds

Not a problem TnT! We will make the reservation for you! :D

Dhampyress

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on January 31, 2019, 10:21:37 AM
Greetings!

Cheers,
TNT

I've reserved it for you! :-)

Kristen

Thank you to Dhampyress and Amarlo for being such help in freeing up and fleshing out the Snow White character. :)

Sent off a WIP profile to Dhampyress and will see about posting the final product later haha-!

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on January 31, 2019, 10:21:37 AM
Greetings!

Cheers,
TNT

On second thought, feel free to release Gaston.

Thank you,
TNT

Dhampyress

The character reservations list has been updated!  :-)

Callie Del Noire

Hmmm.. maybe a twist on the Pinocchio story? Someone making a daughter instead?

Dhampyress

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 13, 2019, 11:23:24 PM
Hmmm.. maybe a twist on the Pinocchio story? Someone making a daughter instead?

Unfortunately the game is no longer active and has not been active for some time. Thank you for the show of interest, though.