[Interest Check] Shadowrun: The Caribbean League (Semi-Freeform)

Started by Ciosa, December 04, 2018, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhi

Why not, with an adept? We won't have strict rules holding us back. If Hawkeye or Green Arrow can do it, why not your girl?

Crash

I am going to claim Ashley Moore.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

And I have seen a Troll  Archer adept be scare as hell in SR.  Bows go off your strength in SR so a strength pumped adept kills.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Bibliophilia

Quote from: Crash on December 05, 2018, 01:25:02 PM
I am going to claim Ashley Moore.

I'm using her as an FC in another game.  She's so freaking gorgeous.  -grins.-  Highly approve.

Crash

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 05, 2018, 01:28:34 PM
I'm using her as an FC in another game.  She's so freaking gorgeous.  -grins.-  Highly approve.

Yeah she really is.  She is going to be my Haitian Shaman here.  Dolphin Totem.

Dhi

Phaia

Bows need agility to hit and str for damage. A gun just needs agility --point and shoot--

Since we are doing some face claims...no matter what I make I am probably using her.

Melissa O'Neil -- From 'Dark Matter'

Crash

Ciosa

As long as we're face claiming, I'm using two.  They're both NPCs. 

Elan

Misson

(Anson Mount, and Ian McShane, respectively.)

Bibliophilia

Phaia

wow forgot how different and easy these 'E' SR rules are

I can build an archer far easier I think with these then i could normally!

HMmmmmm!

HMMMMMMM!!

On a different idea...
Hey Crash and Dhi, we worked well together as business owners in another game.

So...why not have a business between the 3 of us ... maybe centered on a boat!

We could be the 'Angels'...I know bad right so spank me!

Phaia

Ciosa

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 05, 2018, 02:01:50 PM
-eyes Mission and smirks.-  Mr. Wednesday.

I loved him since Deadwood.  Having a turn as Blackbeard didn't hurt, either.

Dhi

The decker I have in mind is princess to a cosmetics empire. I'll probably be going the big money route (for decking). So her work will be on her own terms, it would need to be a pretty cushy job.

Do you have a link to the old rules, so I can think about structuring my ideas?

Ciosa

I can do better than that.

The new character creation rules.  I've worked through everything up to advancement/equipment.  I'll probably rework the adept/magician stuff a little bit, as well as the equipment section, but mostly it will probably be to move them to their own dedicated wiki pages.

Don't post character sheets here, please!

Crash

Yeah my Shaman probably isn’t the business owner type.  She will own a boat though.  Very much a part of her whole deal.

Crash

Quote from: Ciosa on December 05, 2018, 02:41:39 PM
I can do better than that.

The new character creation rules.  I've worked through everything up to advancement/equipment.  I'll probably rework the adept/magician stuff a little bit, as well as the equipment section, but mostly it will probably be to move them to their own dedicated wiki pages.

Don't post character sheets here, please!

So is it 90 points to start and are you going to be adding merits and flaws or are they the same cost as in the books?

Dhi

140k, 11 skills, and 6 attributes for a 30/30/30 nonmagical human seems like a no brainer for me. Is that going to be balanced?

Ciosa

Yet to add: 

Merits/Flaws
Knowledge Skills (they will exist!)
Separated pages for equipment, and additional nautically oriented equipment.

Also, I'm apparently terrible at math.  You have a hundred points, and I shortchanged Elan my example ten.

Ciosa

Fixed the example.

And yes, Dhi, I think it will be balanced.  The intention is a slightly more experienced set of runners than we saw in LunarSage's Shadowrun game. 

Dhi

I would be interested in a corp knowledge to represent the concept's background.

Crash

Dhi

Corp knowledge 3, Matrix 3, and Language 2 (English, Spanish, Portuguese) appeal to me. Nothing at 4, I'd like to give her room to grow. But, I could consult street level players on corp culture, maybe.

Crash

Ciosa

Quote from: Dhi on December 05, 2018, 03:19:50 PM
Corp knowledge 3, Matrix 3, and Language 2 (English, Spanish, Portuguese) appeal to me. Nothing at 4, I'd like to give her room to grow. But, I could consult street level players on corp culture, maybe.

Oh, that reminds me - everyone is presumed to have a knowledge skill matching an active skill.  If you have Matrix skill 3, you automatically have Matrix (Knowledge) 3.