Nocturnum: Closing the Void

Started by Sabby, August 05, 2007, 06:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I thought I would try something different. I will explain the setting, the factions, and then I will go into the actual game.

It is set in classic fantasy, but the scenery is very dark and sinister looking, and there is a great black clouding blocking the sun, casting everything in constant semi darkness. There is a strange red light that penetrates this cloud in places.

Many of the cities, towns and forestry is pretty much unchanged by this, so expect nothing unusual here.

The story is that there are two great god figures that rule over this world, Gartevis, God of the Void, or "The Gatekeeper", and Geheyna, Goddess of the Light, or "Mother of All"

Gartevis is the one that takes in the souls of the dead, and Geheyna is the the one that will give life and create this world. But lately Gartevis has been overcome with the death of so many people over so many eons of time A great war erupted between the races of this land and a now extinct race of powerful and terrible beings not from this world.

As the final confrontation raged, the deaths of thousands upon thousands of these strange beings corrupted Gartevis and drove him to insanity. The struggle with himself devestated the battlefield and a collossul hole burst from the earth, becoming the physical Void, the entrance to the realm of those that had passed on.

This great eruption sent a darkness over the sky, giving us the sunless world we know today. This time is called Nocturnum

In the struggle, Gartevis managed to separate himself from the insanity, and he became two Entities, his Insanity, and a very weak Gartevis. While the Insanity of Gartevis took control, the sane Gartevis was taken in by Geheyna, and they merged into one Deity, The Night Mother.

Now, countless Undead escape the Void all the time, but on the rare occasion, a soul of great evil will enter this world. The difference is, these beings are very much the person they were when they died, only twisted and ascended to a greater knowledge. It may be seeking to complete an unfinished task, or it may just seek to kill without any reason.

The Night Mother has no way to fight this war. So she has come to those chosen as they have died, and bestowed them with a small portion of her own power, enough to fight the escaped Undead. These people are brought back as Children of the Night Mother.

This power can manifest itself in countless ways. You can be creative with your character if you choose to be a CONM :) but if you choose to be CONM, please keep your character dark and evil looking. Your personality can be whatever you like.

Seen as evil demons, the Children have been targeted by the Society of Leodertia, a sect of holy knights who supposedly fight for the Gods, but aside from being rightoues and noble, they have gone far from the path over the centuries.

The Insane Gartevis has gathered his Undead and formed a collossul army. They work tirelessly to build war machines and fortify the few castles they have managed to capture. They seem to be nothing more then animated corpses, who move to their masters direction with no semblance of intellegence.

ok, your character can be part of these 3 factions.

The Children of the Night Mother

They're powers are dark and very powerful. You can have all manner of blacks, reds and purples in your magic.

The Society of Leonertia

There typically dress in very bright armour and use a lot of white. They stray more towards weaponry, but they do have control over some magic. Try and make your magic bright and angelic looking.

The Insane Gartevis, as one of the Greater Undead that have transcended and become aware. These can work under Gartevis if they choose, but they are free to do as they wish.

Ok, the actual game.

It is free form, and as the characters play, I will add extra chapters and generally move the plot forward. I will do my best to add anything with the potential for sexual scenes, but there will be more then sex. I'd like to see fight scenes and character interaction that doesn't revolve around sex, but it will still be a big part of it.

I'd also like to see around 5 players. You can all start your separate stories as you wish, but try to merge as you go. You can be as creative and outrageous with your character as you like. In fact, its encouraged, but please try to keep it within the general feel of your faction.

I will allow such things as forced, 'very' light gore and 'very' light violence, but only where it is appropriate. If there is a character that does not like to be choked or hurt during sex, do not do it, but if they have stated in their character creation that it is ok with them, but they're character does not like it, and your character is a violent type, then it will be alowed to a degree.

When you explain your character, please state what your characters likes and dislikes are, but also state what you will allow. You can say no forced, period, or you can say my character doesn't like it, but I will allow it. This way, there will be minimal misunderstanding, and it will alow for some interesting scenes.

I will be playing as a Child of the Night Mother. I will be a dark humored loner, and I would like someone to take up a role a female Knight of Leonertia, dominant, who will fight my character but very openly has a thing for him, and will toy with him and tease him during battles, trying to get her way with him, which he will fight against but eventually give in every time.

Aside from that one character, you are all free to choose your place in Nocturnum :) Please tell me if I have left something out, or if you have a question.

AmberMK

I would be interested in playing a female Knight of Leonertia, but I would like to play one other than the dominant one you mentioned.  My character would be young and naive, but very taken with the ideas of holiness and light that the Knights are *supposed* to represent.  She doesn't know that they've become corrupted, so as the story goes along, she'd be trying to do her work as a Knight against the Children and the Undead, but she might also come into conflict with some of the more corrupt Knights.  Would this be acceptable?

Sabby

thats perfect. I was hoping for a character like that. So you'll start to come to terms with the real picture of the Society? Remember, the Children are the good guys here.

AmberMK

That's right, she'd begin to realize what the Society really is.  Now, whether she accepts that and starts to become like them, or she refuses and defects to help the Children, I'm not sure yet.  It could go either way.

Sabby

I see a possibility... you defect and are killed by the Society. Then the Night Mother brings you back as a Child

AmberMK

Sweet...  that would work.  As long as it's a violent death, perhaps involving rape before hand...  Yeah, my mind just went to the gutter, now see what you've done!  But yeah, that would be a cool plotline.   ;D

Sabby

ok, we got a Child (me) and a Knight of Leonertia. Now we need the other Knight, and an Undead, but more would be welcome!

Sabby

Oh, I probably should mention 'Ascended Undead' are not necro. They're undead souls that have become aware and crafted a body upon entering this world through that big Void. So its not necrophelia. Plus, I forgot to add that Gartevis and Geheyna are brother and sister. No biggy, just thought I'd just clear that up.

Chameleon

I'm not to keen on playing a Knight,  but how creative could I get with an undeads abilities?

Sabby

They are the most lenient. Basically, your a soul that has become aware of who it was before entering the Void, and now that its been opened, it will create a body from 'Dead Matter' sort of like the 'Dark Matter' of space. Dead Matter can take on flesh if you choose, or you could be made partly/entirely of smoke if you wanted to. Or liquid, its really up to you. The only real restraint is to stick with a lot of black. Black skin and clothing/armour if you choose to take on a dressed formed. As long as you stay to black, you can make whatever you want.

Chameleon

Hah,  alright,  since you seem to know a bit about vampire the masquerade would you have a problem with something that head powers similiar to clan Tzimisce but a more applications and a bit more "Epic" in scope.

Sabby

Hmmm... I'm not aware of that clan. If its not in the Bloodlines PC game, then I don't know it, haha.

Chameleon

Vicissitude is the signature power of the Tzimisce and is almost unknown outside the clan. Not that the fiends have too many would-be pupils; some things are beyond the pale even for the rest of the Damned.

Vicissitude is similar in some respects to Protean, but springs from a much darker source. Whereas Protean merely enables a Cainite to emulate God's creatures, this twisted power allows a Tzimisce to defile and deform those creatures (or herself) for all manner of perverse ends. The most beautiful maiden or noble stallion can, with but a knead of the fingers and a flick of the wrist, be reduced to a hideous freak or a blob of deliquescent pus. The Fiends have certainly used Vicissitude's more grotesque side effects to cement their infamous reputation.

Note that while this Discipline permits powerful and horrific effects, the wielder must obtain skin-to-skin contact and must often physically sculpt the desired result. This even applies to the use of the power on oneself. Tzimisce skilled in Vicissitude are often inhumanly beautiful; those less skilled are simply inhuman.

Sort of similiar to this,  but without having to actually mold the transformations upon its own body,  but still having it be a requirement for the alterations of others.  In short,  its the capability of having perfect control over the flesh.

Sabby

'very' interesting... think of how you could torture a captive Knight. But how can you use this sexually? None the less, Undead is open to you

Chameleon

The list would be tremendous...  but heres a tiny one

Alteration of organs
Leanghtening the tongue
tendrals
Becoming more pleasing to the eye
Biological manicles..

and the list goes on... on and on and on...

Sabby

ok, we have

A Child
A Knight
An Ascended Undead

Keep 'em coming

Dragoondawg25

now you mentioned that the soul takes on a form upon entering the world.  But you didnt say what the form could look like so to speak so could it be human, or maybe humanoid? or shape shifter perhaps?
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

Sabby

It can be anything you choose, as long as you keep to Dead Matters look of simple black. Dead Matter is basically just reusuable, so yes, you can do what you like with it.

Dragoondawg25

k id play probably a dark child or one of the chaotics if you need someone to balance things out.  Can play sadistic mental case with the insanity group or the silent but deadly child of darkness.
Ons & Offs

Sabby

Dragoondawg25

i guess i could play the more silent deadly Children of the night persona one that doesnt really say much thou isnt one to mess with from all the scars he carries and mutilations done to him. 
Ons & Offs

Sabby

My Child will be the hothead teenage rebel.

Sabby

Sabby

Update. I'm adding something new to it, to give the Children more of a purpose.

Everything that comes from the Void needs a soul in order to be animated. A Childs job is to fight the Undead and take the souls into themselves. When the time is right, they will die and become one with the Night Mother, returning her to strength so she can shut the Void.

Sabby

ok, this will be the final bump for Nocturnum. Fingers crossed.