Computer has Authenticating Problems (solved)

Started by Mikem, June 30, 2015, 05:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikem

I've been running into connectivity issues with my Comcast Wifi internet lately on my PC and PC only.

My Wifi itself seems okay. The signal strength is excellent most of the time and we don't have many devices connected to it, just my PC, a Laptop and now my Kindle. The problem is I've been experiencing loading difficulty with webpages. This issue is not just localized to Firefox. It also affects Chrome. Even with full signal strength webpages sit through the loading process indefinitely, or even give me an authentication failure message. However, loading up the web browser on my Kindle gives me no problems loading webpages. This problem is sporadic. I have moments like this, but then it returns to "relative" normal again. Sometimes I've temporarily fixed the issue by changing my Wifi's Channel between 1, 6, and 11, however this rarely fixes and when it does fix the problem does return. For the most part now I've just set the Channel setting to automatic and dealt with this, using the internet when I can.

My adapter is a USB from Asus, an 802.11 b/g/n adapter because the Ralink one that came with my PC started to crap out on me horribly.

So, would this be a Router problem, Network problem, Adapter problem, or a Computer problem? I'm leaning towards computer.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Mikem

I just re-enabled my stock wifi adapter, and without having a clue if this was okay or not, connected to my Wifi network using both adapters at once. (apparently the computer can do that). And now my browser is loading pages, though it's not horrifyingly quick, it still is loading.

Really I'm grasping at straws here.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Vekseid

Does it speed up when you disable your new ASUS one?

Mikem

No, really the ASUS adapter isn't that new anymore, I've had it for a while. What I've realized just recently is that when my internet starts acting up again, I get Secure Connection Failed error messages here and there. And this problem is still only affecting this PC, which right now is managing to load pages. The browser on my Kindle can load webpages just fine while my computer can't seem to connect to anything at all. Troubleshooting the network connection, Windows told me the computer couldn't contact the DNS server.

This problem has to be a computer-wide thing, since it affects Firefox, Chrome, and I.E.

I even just now got a Secure Connection Failed error for Elliquiy, Firefox saying E couldn't be verified. After a second I tried again and then it loaded.

UPDATE: So, deciding to utilize the coax cable that my new apartment bedroom has, I moved our Modem/Router into my room and is now sitting just two feet from my computer. My internet connection is now holy hell better than it was and I haven't encountered the error yet.

My Ons & Offs