Darkest Desires - Good enough to sink your teeth into...

Started by Esoteric Myobi, March 01, 2010, 02:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aether

"Oh inner beast, you never leave me ill prepared for the battle ahead, you never falter as you slink up to the battle line and draw a sword in a very fast attack."

Xanatos

Oh and the hamster is not my inner animal... Just thought the cute little dude fit the line of pics.

Lady Kitsune

Prepare thyselves for the awesome-saucesomeness of my Cute Fu!

I am working on it, I swear!

Esoteric Myobi

Ahh, our thread is just overflowing with cute n' fuzzy adorableness now!

Anyway, I've received a few PMs and I guess my short description in the first post was a bit unclear so I'll try to clarify things a bit more.

The plot/storyline that this game is mostly going to revolve around is the interaction and character development between the five main characters. The rest of the characters are just support and will help to push and pull the plot in different directions. I didn't make a set goal or anything for this game since I felt that it would be more interesting to just let the characters develop and see where it goes.

So this game will mostly be focused on character development which will in turn affect the storyline as we go. Questions that may help nudge our brains a bit:

How will the clans react to each other when they're finally gathered and meeting in one place again after so many years? To the Brujah coven I'm thinking that it may just be irritating to them, having to act more refined and civilized than they usually would. The Malkavians may find it uncomfortable, suddenly surrounded by society after so many years of isolation and seclusion. The Altare? Probably feeling very uptight, enemies on their turf and yet having to treat them with icy hospitality. The wolves' hackles are probably rising as well, so many vampires that they have no obligations towards right in their faces. Unfortunately I can't say anything for the Ravnos yet but we shall see that soon enough hopefully.

Other questions and thoughts:

The trio had grudgingly agreed to share power all those years ago, but none had truly wished for it, wanting instead to rule wholly by themselves. Will they begin planning and plotting once again? Trying to gain an upper hand somehow? Perhaps leave the game of knife and daggers to their subordinates while they concentrate on the goal of having an heir possibly birthed to them (heir - more power to you, man)? Perhaps one is more important to the other, how will it play out? Perhaps none of it matters, so many years have passed? Maybe they can come to terms with the Altare's viewpoint and agree to it? Or will they continue to refuse it, sticking to the ways that have continued for so many thousands of years? Possibly, the Queen becomes too much of a nuisance, forget politics force is so much faster and more efficient. How will she react to the hostility on her own lands?

These are really just my own questions and ramblings of 'what ifs'. None of these have to happen, and most of them may not happen at all. Some of them could come to pass but end up completely different from imagined. I find it interesting to keep guessing and wondering.

How does this sound to everyone? Does this little piece of mindless thought make things a bit clearer? (Okay, I know that made no sense at all, but amuse me.)

Oh, and I'm thinking that it may be easier to just keep the game in one thread instead of in separate threads? (Of course, it's really dependent on what happens and etc so this can easily change.) Perhaps each clan starts out with short opening introductory posts of their current situation, a brief 'memory' as they reminisce in order to let the readers be up to date with where each clan and person is at, and then after a few posts of interaction start moving to meet at...Altare lands (since I'm sort of envisioning the Altare lands to be a sanctuary of sorts, what with all the misfits gathered there...aka Fangless and wolfies)? Then the rest of the interacting and whatnot can begin to truly commence there since everyone is all in one place now?

Thoughts, comments, questions, suggestions?

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

PeacethatPowerbrings

I agree on keeping it in one thread, and I was definately thinking about providng some background as well, so I guess I'm on board on everything you brought up.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

TheHangedOne

I'm in agreeance with peace; everything sounds groovy, and I'd like to see it all stay in one thread, too.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Jellineck

I think it might be smart to keep everything in one thread for awhile, but start a new one if we get something like 200 posts racked up in the first. That might make it a bit easier to refer back to previous events in the game. I also like the idea of doing an intro before they all meet. One question...how will they be know when and where to meet? Will they be summoned?
“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” - Tallulah Bankhead

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm with you on that one. Keeping it in one thread would make having a chapter/episode/section system very effective.

I think it might be a bit tough to split it up by post by post number though, so perhaps we could cut the sections off in terms of significant events? We could even provide a table contents for the sections. It would make following it a lot easier for new players.  As for where we'd split the chapters,  a rough post count could work, in conjunction with waiting for a narrative break, where we can all follow the chapter change.

TheHangedOne

I like the idea of a post count or perhaps a page count to break things up.

My addition to the ideas:  Every new post in the thread has a sort of chapter synopsis to give a brief overview and the highlights of events from the last chapter.  Keep it going constantly. So you know, Chapter 2 has a synopsis of Ch 1, Ch 3 has a synopsis of 1 (copied and pasted) and 2, etc.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Esoteric Myobi

I'm a bit confused about the chapter idea. So this is what I got from it and you can all just tell me how right or wrong I am.

I'm assuming by chapters we mean for example...Ch 1 = everyone starting off in their own lands, writing a brief introduction so that everyone is up to speed as to that character's background and anything significant that may have happened to them that others should know of (in background of course not actual characters knowing all), and then eventually moving to meet at Altare lands?

Ch 2 = everyone has gathered, let the interaction commence. Perhaps this can just be the usual niceties and whatnot, let everyone have a chance to talk to the other and get a feel for each other's characters?

Ch 3 = let the games begin. Whether it be sending henchmen out to do the dirty work while a few sit around and play a game of poker, or whether it be wooing one another in hopes of something happening...Or just bending the rules (or trying to) to get what they want?

Also for the synopsis of each chapter I'm assuming, basically when I make each new thread, the first post of the thread will include a short summary of everything that has happened thus far in the previous chapter. Basically so any new players who join can just read these first posts and have a general idea of what is going on so far. (If we get any new players anyway...which I hope we do.)

How correct is this? Or am I totally off target?

Also Jellineck, I'm thinking perhaps they meet every few centuries to...oh I don't know...basically ensure that all is as it should be under the pretense of renewing treaties? We can always figure out some plausible reason for them to all come visiting every now and then.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

PeacethatPowerbrings

From where I've sit you're right on the mark with our chapter concept. I was thinking, however, that they'd still be of signifigant length, so the first chapter might include what you've set out for the second as well, just depending on how long it takes. It would only make sense to split them up the way I think we were talking about if each chapter's contents is enough that the summaries are actually useful.

Esoteric Myobi

Well, I think we'll sort of fumble our way through that and figure it out as we go? I think I have a pretty good idea and will be able to set it up, of course if I mess up in any way I'm sure one of you will inform me of it. =)

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that the Ravnos king's profile should be making its grand unveiling sometime soon. Cere (the player whom the spot is reserved for) is finally back after a short absence and hopefully we will be able to get the game started by next week if not sooner. I think besides Cere we still have one person interested in joining and she should be posting up a profile soon after as well. Have not heard from Duchess as of yet, so I'm assuming we will hear from her later or she has (sadly) decided that this game was not for her. :'(

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Unfortunately, it seems that Cere has recently found himself dealing with reality and has become too tangled in the mess and must step away from Elliquiy for a while. :-( Wishing him well and hoping he returns sometime in the future.

Sadly, this also means that we have lost our Ravnos King and thus the spot is now open for the taking. Once again, any players who would like to play as a human, wolf, or fangless vamp...feel free to do so.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Nim

Greetings everyone,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of the one who you had been waiting for to start such a wonderful story idea but in this case one man's loss is an others gain.  Well that is of course if a replacement has not yet already been found.  Which in that case I would happily play a werewolf guardian.  Actually regardless of what the case may be I'll still play the werewolf... I just hate seeing anyone out numbered.   I know you are all biting at the bit (yes pun intended) to get started.  So I shall try to get a couple of bios going here just as soon as possible.

And not wanting to be left out of the whole inner animal discussion I would like to submit mine:

Cassiopeia

*pets the pretty wolfy*  ;D

Yaay another one for the pack!  Welcome!

Nim

*closes eyes and sighs contentedly...*    mmmmm thanks for such a warm welcome... *curls up on the rug before the fireplace thinking thoughts of profiles as the wolf makes himself comfortable in one of his homes away from home*

Mr Self Destruct

I wouldn't mind tossing my hat in as the Ravnos king, if the role is still available. :)

Esoteric Myobi

Nim...don't make me pet you now...

-cannot resist the cute n' cuddly-

>.>...

-pets and huggles the wolfy!-

As for role of Ravnos King (along with any other role really) once profiles are approved then said approved profile gets the spot. I actually didn't think we'd have more than one person interested in the spot ^^; (Though I am absolutely thrilled to see some interest!) So anyone interested in the Ravnos King's position please PM me your profiles and I will look them over. Of course, there are also other positions still open for the taking as well! (We are terribly lacking in blood bags humans an Fangless, though it seems we may have another wolf on our hands!)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Xanatos

King of the Brujah welcomes you, fellow Vampire. -eyes you with a feral tint.-

Why must I suffer more wolves? -sighs- Though, I am more like them than I would readily admit. -considers this-

In other words, welcome! -chuckles-

Nim

*cuddles close to Myobi and licks her cheeks in greeting.*

Thank you Xanatos, you almost had me thinking that perhaps we were going to get into that age old debate of whom is the better of the two great races.  But thankfully that is not the case because personally I can never quite make up my mind.  I find both Vampires and Werewolves equally fascinating to play.  Although I suppose if you force me to do so I shall have to admit that I have played far more Vampires than I have Werewolves in the past.

Mr Self Destruct

Thanks for the welcome Xanatos.  Once my profile is approved, I'll be sure to PM it to you, as I did include both the Malkavian and Brujah 'kings' in the story, or at least representatives of the two factions.  If our characters are to work together to momentously destroy the other clans, then surely they've met and plotted together at least once in their long histories together. :D  At least, that's what my rationale tells me.

Aether

Greetings all newcomers!  Its looking like we are going to have quite a happy little group going in no time!

Nim!  Welcome to a fellow Were!  If you have any questions about how we are deciding to play weres in this thread, simply ask me in here or via PM.  With Myobi as my guide, we will make sure that we have a good working understanding going so we can post accurately.

I think it well may be in order to have a were under my own that can help with command of the were troops.  Myobi, I think Nim's character should be just a one, unless he wants to play a mere follower with high aspirations!

Lady Kitsune

Cool!  More people.  *waves*

And the Ravnos will finally have a king!

Yay!
I am working on it, I swear!

Nim

Thank you  Aether, if I read the descriptions that I have seen thus far earlier in this thread the were's in this story seem to be similar in ideal to the Lycans of Underworld except for having  some form of Black and Silver fur and maybe not depending so much on such modern weapons as guns.  Although from all the  weapons preferences listed thus far it would seem that everyone is in like mind that The Vampires and Were's alike do not care for the use of such unsophisticated and crude weapons such as guns.   I am still working on my Were's bio but being a second to your pack leader could possibly work... we'll have to see what you and Myobi think once you have seen the bio. 

And Dark Clown don't be so sure you will be the other King... I have submitted my bio as well, May the best Vamp win.