"Healslut" in a D&D party (looking for DM + party?)

Started by snowdrop, November 17, 2017, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowdrop

Hi all! :-)
I recently joined Elliquiy, this is my first thread here; please be kind ^_^;

For the longest time I've been really interested in the "healslut" fetish. For those who don't know about it: it's basically about playing a dom/sub dynamic in the traditional "healers / tanks / DPSers" dynamic in MMOs or other team-based games like Overwatch -- the idea being that the healer (or "healslut") should not only selflessly dedicate themselves to healing and buffing, keeping their allies healthy and making them powerful; but she's also there to... see to the party's other needs, and generally be used by them however they wish.

As appealing as the kink is to me, I've personally never really understood how it could work out in a video game, especially a fast-paced game such as Overwatch with very little roleplaying involved. However, I *love* D&D, and I think in the right group it could be amazing in D&D :-)

The scenario I was thinking about is something like this: A young healer girl (probably a Life Domain cleric, or maybe a bard purely focused on healing and buffing) joins a party of seasoned adventurers. Maybe they're all fighters and rogues who don't really have any healing of their own so they really need the healing, or maybe there's another reason they decide to take her aboard. Maybe my character is a runaway princess portraying as a common adventurer (I know, it's a horrible trope, but I happen to love that particular one ^_^;), and they help her out of some vague sense of loyalty or a debt... or something.

In any case, they have one condition: as she's way inexperienced, she needs to do everything she's told no matter what, since she's just an inexperienced rookie and they're all toughened veterans. They decide how she fights, what weapons they give her, what clothes or armor they make her wear (which obviously is "little to none"). This quickly turns into them giving her a "rookie's hazing", which quickly escalates to a dynamic where she's the party's "healslut" in every sense of the word.

I imagine them not only having fun with her at camp, but also tying her up and using her as bait, offering her as leverage when haggling, forcing her to fight naked as punishment for failing in the previous fight, letting the tentacled monster ravage her without interfering as they mop up the rest of the enemies, and so on, and so on... (so, yes, if it wasn't clear, I would love to have a dub-con/non-con feel to the theme :-))

However: outside the party having this weird dynamic where she's constantly abused and has little to no say as to how they fight or how they treat her, I'd actually like to play it as close to a normal D&D game as possible! So the party has a quest or a goal they work towards, they fight enemies, crawl dungeons, find loot, and so on... the party just happens to have a healslut in it :-) My character also doesn't need to be the "main character" of the story at all: the actual story / quest would be for the whole party and my character is just one part of it; just like in any other D&D group :-)

I imagine my character would several levels lower than the rest of the party; like she'd be level 1-3, while the others are something like 5-7. This would make it intentionally tough for my character to keep up, and she really *is* dependant on her party -- if she's caught by any of the enemies they're facing, there's very little chance she can make it on her own! And yes, I'd be more than fine playing a character that's way weaker than her party members: that's a big part of the fun :-)

So, I'd love to find a DM who'd be interested in planning this out together with me, and running this kind of a game! 5th edition D&D is pretty much the only system I know so that'd be my preference, but I'm also more than happy to try something else out if someone is interested in running it in a different system instead :-) Just with the caveat that I'll know nothing about the system and will have to learn...

As far as the party members go -- I'm happy with both male and female characters; just I'd love to be the only sub/"healslut" in the party, so the others should optimally be dominant-minded.

I'm also willing to play this solo, or maybe in a 3-way game, so that one player plays all the other party members, and then someone else does the DMing? That is, if it's easier to find a group that way... I'm sorry, I'm new to E, I don't really know how things work over here ^_^;

Obviously I'd be more than happy to let the DM shape the actual world and story however they like! Or I'm also happy to brainstorm together and think about how to build it all.

Anyways! Enough rambling for one post. Anyone interested in this? :-)

Reno

You can't have a party of adventurers without a good rogue - If this gets going, I'd take that role in a heartbeat!

Muse

Well met, Snowdrop, and welcome! 

I might be having some GMing time free up soon.  If I do, I'd love to bring you into a game.  (Reno too.) 

If not, I'd love a chance to play. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chajesdad

I am an experienced DM, though new to 5th Ed. If you are willing to put up with my learning curve as we play, I feel your request was almost written for me to set the story. I have gaming experience since AD&D came out, and have DMed the last 28 years, so the system is familiar with a few variants. I have the core books and a willingness to set the game up. As we build I would like to keep things to the 3 Core books, Players, Monster Manual and DMG, the only exception being my comfort with Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting makes me want to allow the Sword Coast Expansion as well.

That said, I would prefer to play this with 3.5 or Pathfinder, since these systems would much better provide the healslut spell slots and a more dramatic  difference in the power between her and the more experience crew.

I have just the story that will work for this concept. I want to see posting expectations and explain a few of mine and see if all are willing and able to mesh. I as a story teller need to see progression, through a scene, not overly worried about through the story since some scenes are going to take longer than others. I request 3 to 4 posts a week. I like descriptive scenes, so requesting a paragraph or more per post I don't see as too much, and the occasional personal soliloquy (wall of text) would not be out of hand, though not encouraged on a regular basis. I will try to offer good descriptions of the surroundings, I don't mind you adding something to a scene (I mentioned a table then adding a plate or candlestick would be ok) but make sure it makes sense in the scene (swinging from the chandelier is cool, just not in the jungle). Minor control of NPCs is fine, as long as its not story affecting. you can share time with the tavern wench if you pay her proper, but don't have the mayor change how much you are getting paid. Do not try to control other players. And please, come to me if there are any questions or problems between you and another player. We will definitely mistreat at least one character by definition with this game, hazing and such, but if it goes too far let's deal with it out of character so we can all enjoy ourselves.

IF these terms are acceptable, I ask to be your storyteller.

What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Ziether

Quote from: Chajesdad on November 17, 2017, 10:38:25 PM
That said, I would prefer to play this with 3.5 or Pathfinder, since these systems would much better provide the healslut spell slots and a more dramatic  difference in the power between her and the more experience crew.

If a PF or PF/3.5e hybrid game idea develops from this, please poke me. I am an experienced PF player/GM, and have always wanted to explore the game without the restrictions of keeping things squeaky clean.

On that note, I am an experienced player/GM who is more than willing to teach people, although I don't have time in my life to GM right now. Even if such a game does not develop, my inbox is always open for questions.
Under Emergency Maintenance

eBadger

Bringing a toy along on long, stressful adventures is a fabulous idea!

I'm always up for pathfinder/3.5, willing to try 5e but new to it.  I'd also be willing to GM a solo adventure. 

Doomsday

Stating my interest in one of the dom roles. I know 3.5e and 5e very well, not so much 4e or PF. 5e just had a pretty nifty new book published if that sways any hearts or minds...

Guancyto

I'd be down for this. 3.5e would be interesting as it had CoDzilla, which means after a certain point the healslut could become more powerful than her comrades... but only if she gave up on being the healslut. :P

(As an added bonus a 3.5e cleric is much better at party favors than a 5e one.)

snowdrop

Yay! Thank you all so much for the interest! :-) I'm really happy (and a bit relieved, hah) to see so many people who find the idea interesting :-)

Quote from: Chajesdad on November 17, 2017, 10:38:25 PM
     I am an experienced DM, though new to 5th Ed. If you are willing to put up with my learning curve as we play, I feel your request was almost written for me to set the story. I have gaming experience since AD&D came out, and have DMed the last 28 years, so the system is familiar with a few variants. I have the core books and a willingness to set the game up. As we build I would like to keep things to the 3 Core books, Players, Monster Manual and DMG, the only exception being my comfort with Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting makes me want to allow the Sword Coast Expansion as well.

I have just the story that will work for this concept. I want to see posting expectations and explain a few of mine and see if all are willing and able to mesh. I as a story teller need to see progression, through a scene, not overly worried about through the story since some scenes are going to take longer than others. I request 3 to 4 posts a week. I like descriptive scenes, so requesting a paragraph or more per post I don't see as too much, and the occasional personal soliloquy (wall of text) would not be out of hand, though not encouraged on a regular basis. I will try to offer good descriptions of the surroundings, I don't mind you adding something to a scene (I mentioned a table then adding a plate or candlestick would be ok) but make sure it makes sense in the scene (swinging from the chandelier is cool, just not in the jungle). Minor control of NPCs is fine, as long as its not story affecting. you can share time with the tavern wench if you pay her proper, but don't have the mayor change how much you are getting paid. Do not try to control other players. And please, come to me if there are any questions or problems between you and another player. We will definitely mistreat at least one character by definition with this game, hazing and such, but if it goes too far let's deal with it out of character so we can all enjoy ourselves.

IF these terms are acceptable, I ask to be your storyteller.
That all sounds great to me at least! If you feel as inspired to run the game as you sound, and already have a story in mind, it definitely sounds like we should take advantage of it :-) What kind of a setting / theme would you be looking for, or what kinds of characters? I'm not that familiar with Forgotten Realms, myself (I've always played in more or less homebrewed worlds) but more than happy to learn and roll with it!

I'm all for using 3.5 or Pathfinder if that's what you / everyone prefers. I've just literally never even looked at either of those books, so you'll need to excuse me as I stumble through the learning curve of a new system... although it probably isn't even too bad, considering the theme, that my character doesn't always really know what she's doing either -- I'm sure her fellow adventurers are happy to give her guidance! ;) Out of interest, what makes you guys say those systems would make the cleric better at party favors or provide better healslut spell slots?

Also, 3.5e still isn't free, is it? I would have to actually hunt down the rules somewhere if we're using a system other than 5e!

Muse

*Waves* hi Snowdrop! 

Quite the contrary!  3.5 has an extensive system refrence document.  Almost all the basic information is available for free on the internet.  Then there's pathfinder--which can be an even better choice if for no other reason than that it's system refrence document contains the entire body of rules.  Only setting material is kept out of the Pathfinder SRD. 

Take a glance here. 

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Pathfinder--which is arguably D&D 3.75 by a diferent publsiher--should look mildly familiar.  There's character races and classes, the same six abiltiy scores, class features and spells, skills and feats. 

The core mechanic is the same--d20+modifier vs. dificulty.  3.5 and Pathfinder have noticably more improvent, though.  In 5th edition, everyone's proficiency bonus starts at +2 and goes up every what, 4 levels? 

3rd editon isn't that streamiled, with diferent progressions and more options. 

as to the dramatic defence in power level....  Well, as an example, in 5th edition, a character of any class at third level is likelty to have a d20+5 attack roll, where a character of 7th level si likely to have d20+7. 

Compare to pathfinder where a 3rd level cleric's attack roll is probably d20+5, and a 7th level clerics is probably +9.  A seventh level fihgter's attack roll will likely be d20+13. 

So that's an example of how your healslut would probably be both dominated by and need to protection of the more senior adventurer's while still particpating. 

Also on the topic of particiating, you'll have slighlty more spells per day and slighlty more class abilties in pathfinder  (In 3.5, more spells but not more class features.)   That will make you able to provide more healing and buffing. 

Also, you can't heal large quantities of damage just by taking a short rest in third editon, so someone with supernaturla healing will be a lot more valuable to us! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

snowdrop

Hihi! *waves*

Oh! I had no idea there was so much information freely available! Looks like I'll be busy reading for a while... :D

I think I've heard something like that being said about the older editions, actually -- something like, high level creatures actually get ridiculously high ACs, so that lower level characters have no realistic chance of even ever hitting them? That sounded a bit silly to me, but like you said, it should actually be pretty fun for this particular story: if my character can't even really touch the enemies herself, she really needs to depend on the rest of the party in order to survive!

That's also a very good point that I guess you don't really even need a dedicated healer in 5th edition. If that's not the case with the older ones, it's another very good reason to play them, as the setup would make more sense. Is there a reason to play 3.5 instead of Pathfinder? Or is Pathfinder just the better version?

Muse

:)  3.5 vs Pathifinder...  Tricky question. 

Pathfinder is more flexible for those of us who like to come up with detailed characters and be able to represent them with the game mechanics right from the start.  3.5 has a whole lto of material that goes right tot he core dungeons and dragons settings.  3.5 you look for prestige classes that represent your ultimate charcter goals.  Pathfinder you customize your classes with archetypes. 

*Shrugs*

For the purposes of this game, there's nothing so overwhelmingly useful about 3.5 that it's worth more than the System Refrence Document in my humble opion. 

Something a bit more relevent to the game might be for me to sugest some good Healslut character classes. 

The obvious choice is, of course, Cleric.  They have all minor of healing abilties and buff spells.  They can channel posotive energy to heal everyone nearby several times a day.  (Or to damage undead.)  This abitliy is tied to the Charisma abiltiy score, while spellcasting is tied to Wisdom. 

Next choice is the Oracle.  ORacle spellcasting is completely based.  They have a mystery, a theme of powers that gives them bonus abilty.  They also have a curse, like being half blind, or deaf, or having a limp that won't go away, or loosing knowlege of all but a few extra planar langueges during stresful situations like combat.  They have a limited spell selection, but a lot of casting abitly, and nice mystery basaed class features. 

The last option is an archetype of the Witch called the Hedge Witch.  The Hedge Witch is based on the concept of the old healing woman or midwife whol lives on the otuskirts of town, with strange powers but wise in herb lore and heretical magic.  :)  A Heal Slut Witch would probably deliver healings pells with a kiss.  She'd have a cute pet.  She'd be very weak in physical combat, but have a good aray of spells and powers.  :) 

Naiad

This sounds like a really fun idea! I'd like to think that I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to Pathfinder, so if that ends up being the system of choice here I would be quite interested in giving it a try, although I should probably mention that I've never done a group game online like this so I might need a bit of guidance from time to time. I always tended to play divine spellcasters myself, so this sounds like a fun excuse to try something new and different. Keenly interested, in other words.

Annisthyrienne

I'm an experienced gamer, but not with any of the systems listed here.  I usually play a healer, and in fact my user name is the name of my favorite healer character in a game system called Arcanum set in the Atlantis era fantasy world.  But my interest in this would be to read along when you guys get the thread going.  I love a good story!  I hope you will provide a link to your thread here when it gets going.

Chajesdad

For the conversations being held, it seems that we are settling into a Pathfinder game, and I am versed, if not well versed with the given system. My story is a homebrew, that allows for the Faerunian pantheon of gods and prestige classes.

The story goes something like this. The princess of the small country has improper womanly habits, these are for you to decide, but probably needs to include some questionable chastity or virtuous characteristic. A tainted reputation and a disapproving father. The princess, after a threat of being locked in the tower, makes a plan to run away, a plan her father hears of and makes his own plan. Perhaps if she knows the harsher side of the world she may become less pliable, stronger, and more capable of protecting herself. If nothing else, she would serve the nation as a princess should. True that would normally come through marriage and diplomacy, though service she would.

The party, a loyal but freelance group of adventurers with a rough-and-tumble style, hired to accept and show the princess the harsher side of adventuring. Perhaps she would be willing to come back to the military, the cloister, or diplomatic circles as a chatelaine, or governess for her brothers children. The party is given a task, something that would probably be suited for a group less accomplished, but the king wants to send an overwhelming response. The party will find more than they thought...

The princess, led to the party by suggestion of her hand-maiden, found they needed the priestly assistance she was capable of providing, the leader, a person who offered an appraising look up and down their future healslut accepted after she proved her abilities and how much she needs the position. Possibly by sleeping with her and having her heal her hymen, definitely something degrading. From here we should have the introductions to the party at an opening camp outside of town...

Reno

Just chiming in with a grouchy old curmudgeon's strong 3.5/PF preference over later editions, with a slight bias toward PF!

(And yes, like a good grouchy old curmudgeon should be, I'm still salty about losing my THAC0.)

eBadger

Hmm.  Possibly a paladin of a sex cult, eager to encourage their new recruit to worship the goddess of prostitutes.  Or maybe a royal guard sent along to keep a slight eye on things, but who in fact thinks the princess needs a serious lesson in humility and is glad to get a chance to settle a few grudges at his treatment. 

snowdrop

Quote from: Chajesdad on November 18, 2017, 11:47:37 AMThe story goes something like this. The princess of the small country has improper womanly habits, these are for you to decide, but probably needs to include some questionable chastity or virtuous characteristic. A tainted reputation and a disapproving father. The princess, after a threat of being locked in the tower, makes a plan to run away, a plan her father hears of and makes his own plan. Perhaps if she knows the harsher side of the world she may become less pliable, stronger, and more capable of protecting herself. If nothing else, she would serve the nation as a princess should. True that would normally come through marriage and diplomacy, though service she would.
So, the princess thinks she's running away from her father and her royal responsibilities, while in reality the king has arranged for the party to take her in, and given them specific instructions to not go easy on her (quite the contrary, in fact) and make sure she realizes how tough the life of an adventurer can be? And while she thinks no one knows who she is, everyone in the party is well aware of her identity and what they're supposed to put her through? That sounds quite twisted, I like it :-)

I was looking at the class options Muse suggested, and I was actually quite intrigued by the Oracle class. If I understood correctly (which I very well might not have, it's all a lot to take in D:), I should know all the basic Cure spells by default; and if I went Life mystery, I could get all kinds of other healing tools; and then, if I took Merciful as the Oracle's Curse, I'd also get the Paladin Lay on Hands ability? :o Am I wrong in thinking that all would make me a pretty badass healer?

The Curse is actually pretty much what draws me to the class: the downside of the curse is that she's compelled to heal anyone who asks for her help, regardless of the situation -- that would be really fun to roleplay and fitting to the theme in general; and it would help explain why she keeps helping and healing the party no matter how they treat her. The downside would also be very fitting in action -- if someone tells her "heal me, slut!", she's compelled to drop everything and do that... instead of, say, running for cover herself!

Maybe her oracle background and Merciful curse could be the reason why her father looks down on her: her powers are strange and no one in the kingdom can really explain them, and her wanting to help everyone everywhere just makes her act way too "un-noblewoman-like"? So her father wants her to learn how rough life outside the castle can be like, what kinds of monsters people can be, and how maybe not everyone is maybe worth helping?

I'd also love the excuse to boost her Charisma as high as possible at the cost of everything else, because, you know :-) Maybe due to that she's renowned for her beauty (as well as her unladylike behavior), which maybe acts as an extra incentive for some of the party members to want to see and abuse her in any way they can~

That all said, I don't really know anything about the system or the class, so I'm not sure if any of that makes sense :-) Would it be better to just make her a cleric, which I guess would definitely be the straightforward option?

Muse

It sounds to me like you have a very strong grasp on the class.  :) 

Muse

Quote from: Reno on November 18, 2017, 02:03:36 PM
Just chiming in with a grouchy old curmudgeon's strong 3.5/PF preference over later editions, with a slight bias toward PF!

(And yes, like a good grouchy old curmudgeon should be, I'm still salty about losing my THAC0.)

*laughs*  you and I are going to get along great, Reno. 

eBadger

A couple concepts so far.  Let me know if you have any preference/feedback, Chaj and snow.

Maki the Blue
Aasimar Paladin

"The holy ritual of prostitution is a sacrament to The Lady!  It is an ancient art of spiritual healing and physical pleasure for alms.  I realize cultures in this region are somewhat...backward...but surely it's obvious how all benefit?  ...Come along, and stop pulling at your leash or I'll have to spank you again.  Regardless of your own inhibitions, we must all be selfless in this expedition; your own contributions to the group's success have been...humble.  This is a way to prove yourself, and every shilling we earn helps to save the people of Greenleaf.  ...Of course I know you're a princess, I'll charge suitably.  Here we are, the Smoldering Widow; this tavern's quite popular with the royal guard.  Won't it be nice to see some friends from the palace?  Stop all that noise, you sound undignified around the gag."

The Blue Lotus House is shrouded in myth and mystery, a cult that mix religion and sex in a way few understand.  Most mistake the Blue Lotus for simple, if very esteemed, courtesans.  However, their faith is deep and true.  A gathering of talented oracles, the seers use the spiritual force of sex rituals to create miracles and to touch upon the mysteries of the unknown.  The act of prostitution is considered divine and pure, both a duty and a privilege for the clergy to serve their secret goddess, spread the joy and tranquility of physical release, and provide prosperity for the House.  None are exempt from that call, but while some of the Blue show greater skill harnessing the spiritual others take the role of protectors and escorts.  From time to time, they are even knights errant, preventing foreseen disaster or righting injustice.  Few realize it, but these harem paladins are no less skilled than their more traditional brethren. 

Like most of the Blue, Maki was birthed by the goddess herself, sown by the seed of a unknown client.  The Blue served as her family and consoled her when the visions that came so easily to her sisters eluded her.  She quickly learned to love the path of protector, however, and her faith grew deeper rather than broke.  Her future with the House seemed certain and secure until the Solstice Orgy.  Every oracle touched upon the same vision: that Maki would have to undertake a journey to prevent some unknown catastrophe.  With a stalwart mien and the fondest of farewells from her sisters, she set upon a course that has led her to join a small party of adventurers tasked with tutoring a royal heir. 

Sir Valor Edmorten
Human Magus

"Keep up, or I won't be so nice next time."

The youngest son of a minor lord on the edges of the kingdom, Valor thought joining the Iron Guard would lead to honor and wealth.  Instead, his loyalty and service have been rewarded with condescension, his comrades' lives sacrificed pointlessly.  So when he was tasked with protecting the spoiled princess on an expedition meant to teach her a lesson, he took the latter part to heart.  He would enjoy taking out every petty indignity on the slut...and perhaps, once she's broken, he can really take advantage of the situation.  King Valor the First has a certain ring to it....

snowdrop

They both look lovely, and devious in their own ways! :D

From my part, I love how Maki is basically dead set on publicly humiliating the princess (which I love), and the "flavor text" was really hot!...but at the same time, someone like Valor who has a personal grudge against the royal family and really wants to take his frustrations out on the princess sounds awesome too, and might be easier to play in more situations?

No real preference either way, from me anyway, they both sound great! Whichever one feels more like someone you'd like to play, I suppose?

I've been trying to work on a more detailed concept for the princess, as well; I'm liking this picture for her looks, for now anyway:

Kathyan

This reminds me of my masochistic paladin character I've tried to run a few times with little success given how often games fall apart but since the point of this is having a healbot it might not be the best choice, I'm still interested though. I'll be thinking on a concept soon.

Chajesdad

Maki rings truest to the story concept I have, though both are solid concepts and I do agree that Valor may have more play options. In the end, both are workable characters. Maki just runs to my flare of destiny and prophecy in a high magic world. I am going to leave it in your hands, either will work. If you cannot decide flip a coin and as the coin flips you will know which one you are hoping to play. The actual result of the coin flip rarely matters.

Concepts should be finalized over the next week, I think starting the game would be slow through the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. That thought incurred, we could get through the intros and meet and greet portion of the game. I can easily see running with snowdrop and four players who are dedicated and willing to keep to a moving schedule. Think upon your time availability, schedules and social needs and see if three posts a week in character is within your wheelhouse, as such I will be taking character concepts and narrowing the field as I can. I am not saying I won't have six players, I am saying that I don't want a heavy crew crush the story because of scheduling conflicts across the board. I am not trying to kill the enthusiasm, this is a great concept, but I am not able to run a proper Pathfinder game with a crew this heavy.

Snowdrop
eBadger
Kathyan
Reno
Guancyto
Naiad
Muse
TFCommando
Ziether

Player level will be 7, with our healslut coming in at a high two, specifically 2700 exp.

Reno

Chaj: Would a Tiefling be acceptable for a character race, or should I stick with the basic races? Same question re: "Unchained" classes?