Game of Thrones AU

Started by Primarch, June 05, 2012, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrew Spider

Is someone else playing a Lannister (Queens family), if you are let me know!
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 05:06:17 PM
So...since there really is no other Greyjoy to run off of atm... am I assuming correctly that I could make mine essentially canon? Backstory is where I'm at a bit of a loss...

Being Greyjoy they've pretty much decided "fuck it we're gunna take what we want how we want", which is easy to work with, but the history, with no other Greyjoys, will be a bit tougher..

You could, yes. I believe Delirium is interested in a Greyjoy and yes, they've basically decided that while Westeros is at Civil War they'll go back to being their own thing, with their own King.

The Dark Raven

Almost done with him, m'Lady. ;)

Addendum:  Do I need to add the Queen, or the brother into my sheet?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Primarch

You could leave them out until their apps are up, then edit in a reference or two.

JDrew Spider

We, the Lannisters, are currently in collaboration. Stay tuned folks :)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Reia

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread while I decide what character I'd be. Very much interested.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Kate

Ok I pencilld in my desire to play the lannister queen, but daylily, spider if either of you want to give her a go feel free, MORE than happy for you both to play characters royalist can talk with / is also royalty as it gives me scheming options.

I am pretty perverted personally and adore plots and intrigues, if others prefer someone that is a queen of grander ethics - happy for them to play the queen but my plan was something simular to what i gave a go for the last one (she just will not have as strong a militiary lean ie navy / armies etc - she doesnt really care for.)

In short she is perverted to the point of being unsuitable as royalty by the populus if the real truth was known her head would be on a spike. Ned was one that she deemed too politically akward as he was high enough to demand answers, powerful enough to go into places most don't and that made him dangerous to her eyes. He didn't want him dead just assigned elsewhere but her quick commands to try and see him out of the way got a momentum she couldnt stop.

She personally doesnt mind the starks, and doesn't have any personal desire to have them disposed of. She just likes power and privilege and her perverted tastes catered for, and for that one needs to be able to control information to some degree.

It would be good if Ned stumbled upon some orgy that was perverse by most player standards (extreme or something most would go "whoa ! The royal halls are being used for WHAT ? ")

What I like is if he didn't care to expose the truth ie he was shocked but more than happy just to see his own family distance themselves from kings landing as much as possible and get home. But he was making hasty plans to leave. The lannisters panicked thinking he wouldnt have only done so if he desired vengance / to expose the truth. The real truth was if they just let him go ... all would have been fine. For his own houses sake he was happy not to mention what he saw. But his mistake was he didnt tell the lannisters that.

Mentioning this to other Lannisters was when male lannisters were pushing for old school solutions (knows too much must die) , females wanted him just assigned on the wall - out of the way. But that wasnt enough for some.

Ned being dead isnt a comfortable thought for her.

In short she will favour those that share perverted tastes or have a perversion (THat doesnt involve people dying or torcher. Ie she isnt evil, just VERY perverted and self centered (which to many is the same thing) ) or strange eclectic expression, as well as her own family and does hope others in her family share these values. To her it feels right.

I was thinking weird breeding programs ... anyway you get the idea i will post her below asap.

The Dark Raven

Kate, she's been reserved by Spider.

Also, I will be playing the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, as mentioned in the first post.

JDrew Spider

Scheme away dear Kate, scheme away. Perhaps we can collaborate on some things.

I have two words that describe my Queen in full detail... Sharon....Stone.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kate

spider having her is fine.

Can i me a lesser royal of lannisters ? Spider did u want to assign me a title / positon ?

The Dark Raven

Name: Ser Amyas Lannister
House: Lannister
Titles/Positions: Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

Appearance:

Equipment:  Amyas’ favored blade is a hand and a half sword made of blackened Valyrian steel, carrying two, evenly spaced fullers from blood-red dyed leather wrapped hilt to a third of the way down the blade.  It has a sweeping guard and an intricately carved pommel, inlaid with ruby glass.  [This is a personalized trophy, being the usurped blade Ice.  Formerly owned by Lord Eddard Stark.]

He is most commonly seen in the pure whites of the Kingsguard, though there are days he will venture into the city in the plainclothes of a Lannister.  He has joked the only days he ventures out of his whites is when his laundress takes too long.  In combat, he wears a double reinforced chain mail (mundanely King’s Maille shown at this link:  http://mailleartisans.org/weaves/weavedisplay.php?key=141 )

When given no other option, he is more than adequate with a simple sword and shield, but he prefers his hand and a half.  He is also versed in the lance, for Tournament only.

His horse’s name is Fury.

Strengths & Skills:  His strengths tend toward the martial, tending toward the lists and hand-to-hand combat (whether with sword or pugilism).  Besides his martial strengths, he is a decent speaker, known to sway the minds of lesser men, and give greater men a run for their money on an issue Amyas feels strongly about.  In his pre-Kingsguard days, he did his best to woo pretty maidens, but is sworn against it now.

Weaknesses:  Once a great womanizer, at least in his own mind, he does have a soft heart for the women he is now forbidden to bed.   He is also a man of a great temper when riled, to the point where he must be calmed by others.  He has a hubris indicative of the Lannisters, improved none by his early elevation, and hindered little by the words of humbler men.

Backstory:  The eldest son of the Lion of Casterly Rock, Amyas dreamed of the power and riches of the Lannister name from the time he was old enough to understand the meaning of such.  The feeling was not helped by the amount the boy was spoiled by his mother, and he made it his goal to become a knight to please his father above all.  It seemed, once made a squire to his uncle, Ser Maris Lannister, he had found his niche.  Knighted at the tender age of seventeen, he continued in his uncle’s retinue to tourney after tourney, honing his skills until the Usurper, Robert Baratheon, called for war.

His father raised thousands of men in an army, swearing loyalty to the new man to rebel against the maddening King Aerys, even though his father was Hand of the King.  All plans made in secret, messages were passed by men, not ravens so easily corrupted by Maesters.  Meanwhile, Maris and Amyas continued the countryside with the spring tourney progress, Amyas losing to the Crown Prince by a mere technicality.  Heartened, the young man progressed to King’s Landing, to join the Lannister forces outwardly guarding the city, but surreptitiously waiting for the rebellion to begin.

At the beginning of King Robert Baratheon’s reign, he was given the opportunity to join the Kingsguard, and accepted, thinking nothing of it.  It seemed the logical progression of his training and it seemed both his father and sister (the new Queen) were pleased with this choice.  With the recent execution of Lord Eddard Stark, former Hand of the King,and the exile of Ser Barristan Selmy, he has been elevated to Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

JDrew Spider

You can be whatever you want Kate, lady in waiting or a princess. Whatever suits your fancy.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Rel Mayer

Name: Arabella Martell

House: Martell

Titles/Positions: Ward, First child of the Prince of Dorne. (I want the heir spot.)

Appearance: Short, Olive Skin, Brown Eyes, Long Brown Hair, Curvy.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Equipment:Good with small knives, but not usually armed due to being a lady in the court.

Strengths & Skills: Arabella Martell is extremely cunning and calculating. She can easily come up with inspiring plans to ensure she gets what she wants. She has the ability of leading people and extremely persuasive skills of making people follow her. Because of this she usually has a little clique ready to do her bidding. Her

Weaknesses: Fierce Tempered and impatiences can prove to be troubling in this unfamiliar with new setting. Her hastey decisions have been known to backfire on her.

Backstory: Aegon the Conqueror deciding that it was costing him too much money to wage war against the Martell's. His armies bled dry and even his dragon Balerion was of no use. They left the Targaryan influence out of Dorne, the only kingdom that managed to do this. Dorne eventually joined the kingdoms by marriages.  When the Targaryan's fell and Rhaegar, his wife, and his children were murdered by the Lannisters, you could imagine the family being extremely upset about this.

Arabella is the first daughter of the Prince (Insert Name Here, in case someone plays this roll.) The Prince of Dorne is something she always strives to be throughout her life. Growing up she began to become very good friends with Uncle's bastard children, the sand snakes. They became her cohorts. As she grew up she expected to be married to a prestigious lord being the heiress to the Sunspear, but when he father kept setting her up with elderly lords refused to wed her to high ranking and attractive matches she started to think that her father planned for her brother to succeed him.

Now, even more so than before, she thinks he never have plans for her to succeed him, because she was forced to King’s Landing to Robert Baratheon as a peace arrangement. Now, she was just a lady in the Queen’s court, and how she despises the Lannisters for what they did to her cousins.

Arabella is extremely impatient with her father and how he’s handling the current state of affairs happening in the kingdoms. She’s far away from home, where her friends and family are, and her impatience nature is getting the best of her. The most terrifying part of being in King’s Landing is her never knowing what's going to happen next.

(She's basically my take on Arianne Martell with a different situation going on.)

Delirium147

Let me know what you think and/or what needs changing. I edited one of my former characters. I will write up the Greyjoy later, as I need to do revision (final tomorrow).

Name: Lord Douglas Arryn

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

House: Arryn of the Vale

Titles: Warden of the East, Overlord of the Vale, Lord of the Bloody Gate, Lord of the Eyrie, Seat on the Small Council

Equipment: not sure if this is necessary?
Strengths & Skills: Intelligence, wealthy, proven commander, handsome, holds power, shrewd, confident, ambitious (maybe too ambitious?), observant, capable
Weaknesses: women, atheist, obstinate, prone to outbursts, violent, decadent and even perverted at times, vain (sensitive to flattery), sensitive to those he loves

Personality:
Lord Douglas has a strange character, appearing... incongruent at times to the outside world. A reserved man at first, he likes to have his conversational partners do most of the talking while he analyses them. However, when he speaks, people tend to listen. Though, when not conducting business or engaging in politics, he can be quite charming toward others. As such it is difficult to know the 'true' Douglas as he is a man of many masks. Seemingly senseless and cruel one time and incredibly passionate or moved the other. The man has learned to control his emotions over the years and bridle them with reason and logic. He is considered a good friend, but a dangerous enemy.

The Lord of the Vale looks out after his own, trying to make the most gainful arrangements when it comes to marrying or trade. He rules his household and lands with an iron fist, wanting to know exactly what goes on in his domain. A group of trusted delegates travels his lands to report on the actions of his bannermen and officials. When not at court, he travels his own lands, visiting towns and keeps to keep his subjects close and remind them he is there to watch over them.

However, his sternness and stubbornness have given him the reputation of being narrow and obstinate, often engaging in disputes with others. Though Douglas holds great respect for his liege, as up to now his rule had been just, giving his bannermen enough liberty to do as they please, (but still keep the King’s peace) he finds. The recent death of King Robert has left him in somewhat a weakened position.

History:
Ser Douglas was born the eldest son of Lord Geoseph Arryn and Lady Elysa Grafton of Gulltown. Being the firstborn male he was groomed from a very young age to rear the lands of Storm's End once his father would pass away. As such he was taught statecraft, diplomacy and economics by Maester Elrik, martial prowess only took second priority as Lord Geoseph thought that was the responsibility of his second born son. One to steer the lands, the other to do battle.

However, Douglas often snuck out when he was supposed to meet the Maester and spent the afternoons outside, among the common folk at work in the fields. Often he dragged his brother and sister with him. At first lord and lady Arryn (Grafton) allowed him his little escapades, till he became 13. He was deemed too old to still engage in such petty activities and they forbade him to mix with the common folk. Lord Geoseph had a hardy word with his oldest son, but to no avail. He was caught on the field on one of Geoseph’s holdings and brought before his father. The beating he received disabled him for almost two weeks.

Needless to say being beaten within an inch of your life changed Douglas behaviour permanently. And just as Lord Geoseph had desired, his son now focussed all of his efforts on learning how to govern a demesne. Though the seed for a more perverse, violent nature had also been planted.

When he was nineteen years of age, Douglas negotiated his own marriage with the lord of Longbow Hall (house Hunter). One year later Geoseph saw his son marry the daughter of the lord of Longbow Hall. Douglas was affectionate to his wife, but it was clear the marriage was more of a strategic decision than committed out of love.
The most sad turn of events, perhaps, was the death of Lady Anei in childbirth, losing the child as well merely a year later. The lady had been fair and was loved by the populace and smallfolk as she often dealt out alms to the poor and made bi-daily visits to the septs. Douglas was disappointed, not grieve-stricken, and lost himself in wine and decadent parties, until his father intervened.

By his late twenties, Douglas - knighted after partaking in a skirmish to root out highwaymen and bandits - had become his father’s right hand man. Lord Geoseph was nearing the age of sixty-five and began to retire from public life, relying on his firstborn to represent the interests of house Arryn and support Robert's Rebellion against the Iron Throne.
When Douglas turned thirty-one, Lord Geoseph died. Though he put the old stag to ground with as much respect as he could muster, he was still scornful towards his father. Afterwards he rode to King's Landing to take the oath of fealty and receive the title of Lord of Storm's End officially.

Lord Douglas’ rule has been largely uneventful and saw the prosperity and wealth of the Arryns and their holdings continue to grow. With a friend as King, influence and prosperity came easier than normal. Being one of the generals during Robert's uprising, saw Douglas rewarded with a position in the small council. Gradually Douglas invested in brothels, transportation and shipping, ensuring him of a generous income in King's Landing to fund his life at court and escapades. Though naturally not as wealthy as the Lannisters or Tyrells, he can dispose over a sufficient amount of coin.

Though often at words with other members of the court, they have an understanding. With Robert's death, new opportunities arise; in spite of mourning. Douglas is an opportunist and damned if he sees anyone else profit from Robert's death more than him.

A list of NPC's may follow.
Currently looking for: /

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Vostroya

I'd like to reserve the King spot while I type up a sheet. Thinking about playing an older version of Joffrey, but with less cowardice, stupidity, etc...and replace it with more intelligence, maturity, etc.

bubby

Delirium... what Greyjoy you doing? King...heir...? I'll wait to do mine after I see yours....

....that sounds....*coughs*

Delirium147

Quote from: Vostroya on June 07, 2012, 02:34:09 AM
I'd like to reserve the King spot while I type up a sheet. Thinking about playing an older version of Joffrey, but with less cowardice, stupidity, etc...and replace it with more intelligence, maturity, etc.

I thought Joffrey would remain Joffrey. I'll have to edit my character to not cover the title of regent then. Also, keep in mind my char and yours will be related then (is Joffrey incestuous here or not?)

Quote from: bubby on June 07, 2012, 02:35:12 AM
Delirium... what Greyjoy you doing? King...heir...? I'll wait to do mine after I see yours....

....that sounds....*coughs*

Like I said :-) He would be the heir or second son. No King of the Iron Isles :-). Maybe we can work out some backstory together?

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

bubby

Quote from: Delirium147 on June 07, 2012, 03:18:06 AM

Like I said :-) He would be the heir or second son. No King of the Iron Isles :-). Maybe we can work out some backstory together?

I'm off to bed for the night, so if you had any ideas you can PM them to me. I'd gladly confer with you! I plan on playing my char pretty damn close to Asha in the show if that helps.

I'll check my PM's in the morning! Look forward to it!

Kate

Needs approval of the Lannisters queen as well as Pri.

Name: Archduchess Rwen Lannister
House:Lannister
Titles/Positions: Archduchess

Appearance:

Equipment:

Strengths & Skills:

Royalty and Stunning, coupled with being polically aware of tensions between houses, and the privildge of having one's family the ruling class speaks for itself. Rwen may adopt Vicereine duties of Casterly Rock and the Westernlands at the Queens whim for some errands the Queen deemed to personal to be seen to through normal channels.

Weaknesses:

Being so focused on the Occult and Witchery can blind this girl to history's eyes of such dealings, and on a few occasions has voiced her like on the subject. Quick politically manovering has avoided it being deemed anything other than flippant comment by a foolish girl. But such mistakes can be very costly to more than just herself.

Her focus on her entire family breeding with those of "forbidden talents" has been increasingly coupled with fascination for "forbidden breeding" for others, overseeing sexual orgies of depravity on other families in ways most would consider sacrilegious at best is one thing she is finding she is more often thinking of.

Backstory:

This lannister is more interested in the Occult and Witchery that can see her bloodline grow in talents that could compare with the dragon-touched that history speaks of so often.

To breed their family into a bloodline that can control aspects of life in godlike fashion and ideally have a angelic presence is the main passion this woman holds dear. To further this aim, this royal has been keeping tabs on families deemed masters of different forms of magic (forbidden as the practices may be to others eyes) and often desires to plan marriages, or at least couplings with other lannisters willing to listen.

Rwen has been reprimanded by those above her often enough to finally understand the importance of information commanding what is true to different opinions, especially different houses.

When she is aware that she needs to be, she can be very charming and play the part of her title as well as any royal. Still she is plagued by the idea of Lannisters being robbed of such a privileged station by such things. Surely her house MUST have more.

Soon she payed loyal sages and scribes to comb any libraries on lost magic, and has paid many a merchant a small fortune for scrolls on the subject or rumor of families in other lands that  may be more versed than what most others would hope. Her project of deducing family lines elsewhere that have a natural talent in command of the spirit world or forces that the typical man doesn't has met partial success.  Highly useful in others hands to stamp out the practice once and for all, this nobel desires anything but, instead ones appearing on her list are being noted with physical traits that will ensure lannisters not only inherit such powers, but be beautiful in standards other familys can never seek to mirror.

Only then will she believe she has done her duty to her linage by granting them virtues above other folk. One she hops would be seen as Divine.

Rwen's highly culturally aggressive approach to what "should be done" has easily seen her loved or hated by other lannisters (all of which are very aware of her thoughts and values).

TreyWalker

I'm going to withdraw my interest. Purely because I was over excited by a Game Of thrones RP and I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to keep up with such a game with so many people in it. Good luck though everyone.

The Dark Raven

Hey Kate,

Queeestion?  What relation is she to the Lannisters?  I never saw the ducal system used by Martin, so I'm confused.  Just trying to clarify since I'm playing a Lannister and would need to know how the relation goes to Amyas.

Kate

Hmm good question

because she is probably the most perverted and akward relation to the lannisters.

I do want her a lannister of a position that such dreams can be entertained (ie if she was too far down she wouldn't bother trying to convince anyone anything)

but how far "down" from direct descendant ? or in relation to other lannisters ?

Im happy for the queen to pm other lannisters to make a decision, this is off course if she isnt too "omg wtf ? no waaayyy !" to the others playing lannisters.

I just thought that she could quiet neatly represent why others have reason to hate the lannisters. You know the villian you LOVE to hate.

Ideally she is a royal linage of lannisters somewhere somehow how far down the line ? I am happy for the queen / others to choose (if she is accepted)

Delirium147

Quote from: Daylily on June 07, 2012, 10:07:31 AM
Hey Kate,

I never saw the ducal system used by Martin, so I'm confused.

That is because the ducal system wasn't used by him :-).

King
Hand
Warden
Prince & Princess
Lord
Bannerman (basically (landed) knights and petty/minor lords sworn to one of the great houses)

Hedge Knights

Though if this is an AU-Westeros, it could be possible, depending on what the organiser says :-).

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Trafalgar

Could I possibly reserve Head of House Baratheon of Dragonstone?
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!