New Humans- (Superheroics- M and F welcome)

Started by jaimey, June 03, 2012, 09:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaimey

Hello peeps,

I've been looking to try a storyline for quite a bit of time, but finding a partner has been relatively difficult. Nevertheless, I thought I'd put this here to see if anyone would be interested in giving it a try:

New Humans:
The setting is Earth in the year 2013. The world was supposed to end on December 21, 2012, as Mayan culture had suggested, but what wasn't expected was that the world would continue on, just under a reborn cycle of creation. On December 21, a handful of individuals across the globe spontaneously developed powers far beyond those of mortal men. Those randomly chosen by the fates began to discover their new abilities in the following weeks, resulting in a New Year's explosion as a man with nuclear power loses all control in Paris and explodes, decimating the city and startling its inhabitants.

The United Nations in turmoil and the threat of open war in Europe causes a group of three charismatic individuals to speak up, revealing that they spontaneously received "gifts," causing them to become the world's first recognized superhuman individuals. After laborious talks, the three individuals, known to the world collectively as the Voice, manage to subvert calls for war instead for a call to action identifying New Humans (the name for those individuals with the "gift") in an effort to neutralize those that could potentially destroy the world. Thus, the Voice begins a search to find new members to help enforce new laws governing the movement and action of New Humans.

In this RP, characters would begin in a large city with the separate intention of fleeing a new police task force that has banded together to register all New Humans. They would eventually meet up together and their journeys would take them to the Voice. Because this is more character-driven, I hope to make this into a long-term RP. I'm looking for ~5 characters to start, and any others will have an opportunity to come in as the story goes. There are limitations to characters' powers, but we can talk about that once I see that enough are interested.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me! I hope there's some interest, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Innocence

seems interesting
but feels like a Heroes roleplay
I'll give it a shot though =]
Can I play a more sinister/villainous character however?

jaimey

We could definitely work something like that out. If we get some others in, I'd love to work with that idea. I don't think it would fit to have a true villain, but having a character with his/her own sinister agenda might work well. Especially on Elliquiy ;-)

Starlequin

I might want to join, depending on what sort of power limits you're planning.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

jaimey

Power limits are negotiable, but my original plan was one power to a person (and no "my power is absorbing all the powers"). I also wanted to limit each power to be unique. That way, there won't be 12 people with telekinesis running around. It adds variety, and if you're creative, you can pretty much cover a few bases at once, (for example, anyone who has invulnerability would also have limited strength, and vice versa. Anyone who can throw fireballs might be able to manipulate flame, too, etc.).

Innocence

Lol how about a seemingly useless super power that ends up being pretty amazing
like in Mystery Men
The kid who could turn invisible... only when no one was watching XD
that would be fun

jaimey

Lol, if you think you can do it long-term, go for it. If we can get two more who'd be seriously interested, we can start talking about what we want to do.

MarcothTalos

Alright this is just intriguing me a bit too much, perhaps I could throw my hat in the ring. Although we will always have to say details on character creation? Perhaps give us a sample sheet so we know what to build off of? Present you with our ideas, but then if something is too over powered, you can simply offer tweaks back? All agree with that?
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

Blobbe

I'm provisionally interested, though I'd like to know what section/rating it's going to have before I commit to anything.

Thanks in advance

Thrasius

Going to go ahead and bookmark this. Definitely interested.  :-)

Wolfy

I'm so interested I think my interest meter broke went tooooooo far right and landed in India somewhere.

MzHyde

I'll toss my hat into the ring! It's a beret.

Pumpkin Seeds

This definately sounds interesting, especially with them going from hunted to saviors.

Ghostly

Awesome! This sounds like a great idea. I'm in.

Xanthaine

Colour me interested, sounds like an interesting roleplay, though I have one request re powers... is it possible to have several, though they are dependant on an emotional state? E.G getting flame manipulation when angry, water manipulation when sad, etc? Though when under no emotional duress she's basically human? Just a thought. Either way, I'm interested. :3

MzHyde

Pretty sure this is dead, as the last time the poster commented in this thread was June 4th. Didn't notice that earlier.

Laughing Hyena

Blobbe

Because I want a Superhero group game that isn't just one gigantic rape-fest?

Love And Submission

Quote from: KaylaM on July 15, 2012, 07:44:59 AM

But they're so much fun........ Lets people get back into their primal urges so to speak. ;)

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Blobbe

Quote from: DTW on July 15, 2012, 09:32:28 AM
But they're so much fun........ Lets people get back into their primal urges so to speak. ;)

No, they're not.

Rape is not fun. Rape is never fun.

Rape is a horrible, terrible thing. It is one of the worst things a person can do to another person. There is no excuse for it. There is no justifying it. There is no reason for it besides somebody wanting to hurt another person.

Consider that before you say they're "fun"

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: KaylaM on July 15, 2012, 07:44:59 AM

Actually I don't partake in that part. Nothing says that you have to either. I tend to play things straight in typical superhero genres. Still I respect your opinions and agree on it. Just trying to give anyone that wants superheroes their fix.

Blobbe

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on July 15, 2012, 08:53:52 PM
Actually I don't partake in that part. Nothing says that you have to either. I tend to play things straight in typical superhero genres. Still I respect your opinions and agree on it. Just trying to give anyone that wants superheroes their fix.

And neither did I. But regardless, there are good reasons why I'm a former player of that game and why I've asked those running it never to contact me again.

Laughing Hyena

Pity I was new to that knowledge. Still nothing said was directed specifically towards you. Either way if others wanna join up and get their superhero and super villain fix then they can join up then.

Blobbe

Understood. I was just giving a reason why they might not.

Vaulera

Damn woman, don't jump to the most offensive way possible to phrase something, some manners go a long way. Though I understand your stance on rape, it is like saying murder isn't fun, without killing, every video game ever would suck. So in future, keeping in mind the large diversity of interests and quirks here on E, a little discretion is appreciated. When you say such a heavy handed and blatantly disgusted statement, it is quite often met with the same level of bitterness. On a side note, I don't think anyone on E would do a thing in real life what they do here, sexual fetishes and fantasies of same nature would be either impossible or illegal in real life, thus, it is done here, in a fictitious and safe environment.