{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Priest

Damien couldn’t help but to chuckle; he gave the toad a sarcastic sideways glace and grinned at it.  “I think that suits you; what do you say …Bugger.” he replied in kind with a throaty croak.  Bugger began to shift a little on his shoulder; it was as though he could sense that he was in store for something and from the backroom Damien could hear all sorts of noise; making chocolate flies sounded like damn hard work. 

After a while Ally returned and Damien watched her slid the glass cup in front of him; the flies were bouncing against the glass, desperate to escape their prison.  Bugger became more excitable and unsettled on his shoulder.  Damien poised his hand on the glass and glanced across to the excited toad; “Are you ready; you had better get tem all.”  Damien had visions of him leaving the store the next time with a cloud of chocolate flies as well, as a toad in his wake.

He flipped the glass up and the small cocoa created flies took to the air; Bugger tensed  and with a deep ribbit his tongue flashed through the air; like a lion tamers whip it cracked close to Damien’s ear and each time it drew back the toad was rewarded with a tempting morsel.

But one had gotten out of range of his tongue; something Bugger had noted and he leapt onto Damien’s head and readied himself; as the fly flitted through the air and began to head towards the backroom to escape this fly eating machine; but it was not to be, for in a ‘bullet time matrix style’ attempt to get the last of his lunch; Bugger bounded into the air and twisted his bulbous body as his tongue lashed across towards the fly; it tried in vain to escape but it had no chance and was soon pulled back into the toads waiting mouth.  In a less than stylish descent, Bugger landed on Damien’s head on his back and waved his legs in the air in a desperate attempt to right himself.  Damien reached up and turned him over.

anon

Ally fair doubled over from laughing, watching the display. "You two make quite a team." She grinned as the toad croaked in response. "I don't suppose I can teach you any tricks now, can I?" She asked the dragon who was now looking at the toad warily as though the tongue might just lashed out at him at any moment. "No. I didn't think so. Should I make you a companion?"

The dragon turned to her, lowering its head a little, a small roar from its throat. "I guess that's a no then. What should I call you?" She mused aloud, not at all paying attention to the tightening talons on her shoulder.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Clio

Alise entered the shop and looked around. She was desperately hungry, and in need of a good sugar fix. Looking at the counter and windows, she decided that she had no idea what she wanted, so she found a table and sat down. Her red hair was pulled back into a messy twist, and she wore a pair of boot leg jeans and a green sweater. The cold had brought color to her normally pale pink cheeks, and her lips were slightly chapped from the weather. Pulling out a tube of lipgloss from her pocket, she re-applied it to take care of the painful cracks and observed the room. There were a variety of people and creatures congregating here, but she felt like sitting for a while. Once she saw an opening, she might strike up a conversation, but she was cold and tired. Another audition had led nowhere, and constant rejection took its toll on a young woman. Sighing with disappointment, she considered her sweet options and tried to forget about the unimpressed talent agents.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Priest

Damien chuckled at the thought; but almost at once the grin dropped from his face when he was on the receiving end of a severe silent chiding from deep inside his jacket pocket.  Damien looked cautiously from side to side before whispering to Bugger; “Don’t suppose you have a taste for shrunken heads as well do you?”

Bugger croaked in response but had no concern about the proximity of Damien’s ear to its mouth; the sound made him wince; he could feel a headache coming on and wondered if Ally was able to knock up any chocolate paracetamol.  The bells jingled and he noticed a flame haired figure enter the shop; she sat and seemed preoccupied with something; but Damien smiled anyway; he had been doing a lot of that since he first happened upon the curious store.  He sat back for a little while; opting to share the fondue fruits with the toad rather than try and discreetly eat them all himself.

anon

Ally spot the newcomer as she walked in. "Hi there. Welcome to Corners Sweet. I'm Ally. What can I get for you today?" She smiled, the bells jingling in her wake as she shifted her weight from one side to another. She tilted her head at the expression on the newcomer's face, taking note of the disheartened look before smiling again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Jag

Ira, in a moment of insanity, stuck his tongue out at the dragon when Ally was looking away. The act even shocked himself. He'd never done such a thing to anyone or thing. Surprised in himself, he pulled his tongue back into his mouth and looked down at the chocolate on the plate in front of him. Never before had he wanted any kind of food so much.

Chocolate was really a terrible thing. Addictive and sinful. Sweet and warming. Ira knew better than to eat it, but he couldn't help it. It was wrong, just like when he was a child and his nanny snuck sweet treats in for him to eat when his parents were gone. That was really the only time he felt like a child at the time. And right now, it felt just as good to be the only one in his life that knew that he was doing this. It felt like when he was writing his stories. Though this was in public and that was in complete privacy.

"Thank you, Ms. Ally," he said softly for the chocolate and laid his gloves on the table near his plate before picking up one of the chocolate balls and popping it into his mouth. Loving each taste more and more. He barely even noticed that more people had come into the shop, otherwise he may have left in a hurry like he did the last time.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Hellis

Whistling to himself the rugged looking ex-con made his way down the street when he found the bakery. Never one to turn down a chance to boy fresh bread he headded in. His tall stature and straight short hair and gruff looking stub made him look the part of a thug. His torn jeans, worn out sneakers and tanktop didnt help either. He looked areound, it was such a curious crowd that had gathered. Was that... a dragon? He looked at it at first.

"Eight.. I want... Two choclate buns please" he said taking out his wallet "oh and a coke"

Clio

Looking around, she saw a woman and a man that seemed to be talking to a toad. She smiled. She often talked to her pets as well, so she couldn't say anything. The woman had a small dragon on her shoulder, and Alise smiled. She was going to introduce herself when the woman walked over to her instead. Smiling at the friendly woman, she answered.

"Hmm... I don't suppose you have any snickerdoodle cookies, do you? I have a sudden craving for them. If not, then some white chocolate fudge would be wonderful. Wait, do you have cream soda as well?"

She hadn't realized how hungry she was.

"Oh, and it's nice to meet you, Ally. I'm Alise. Alise de Chagny."

Her heavy French accent punctuated each remark and she hoped that the girl could understand her. Sometimes her English was a bit too diluted for native speakers to hear clearly. Her teal eyes took in the rest of the customers, and she was glad that she was sitting close enough to the other tables to be able to start conversations with the other men and women if she would like...or rather, if they would like. Goodness! Why was she so self-pitying today? She needed to snap out of it.

anon

Ally blinked as another newcomer entered the store. "Hi there. Take a seat." She said, unfazed by the man's appearance. The smile was ever present on her face. "And I'll bring them to you." She turned her attention to Alise and nodded, the bells swinging about her. "We do. I'll be right back."

She reappeared a few moments later, balancing the trays and the drinks in her hands while the dragon flew behind her, the sugared scales glittering beneath the artificial lighting. She set the orders down on the tables of each of the respective patron.

She returned to the counter, hopping up on the surface and regarded them. "So where are you from?" She asked as the dragon settled on her shoulder.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Jag

As Ira ate the chocolate, he couldn't help but take small notice of the people in the shop with him. Normally this amount of people so close to him would cause him to run away in fear and frustration. But right now, eating the chocolate and annoying the dragon seemed more important to him.

The teacher kept his eyes to himself mostly, never enjoying the thought of drawing attention to himself. He just observed once in a while. Getting ideas for characters for his stories.

Without thinking, he pulled his laptop out of his work bag and opened it up next to his plate of chocolate and opened up the program file of the story he'd started the day before. With chocolate in his mouth and sugar on his mind, he started to type up a small storm.

Clio

Alise watched the man come in and ask for some chocolate buns and a coke. He seemed to be quite rough on the edges, but Alise tended to like those people more anyway. Almost giggling with delight when Ally returned with her order, she dug into her plate of cookies and had to keep from moaning out loud. They were so good... they reminded her of the cookies her Grand-Mere used to make. Smiling, she washed the first two down with a drink of her cream soda and turned at the sound of Ally's voice.

"I'm from France, near Versailles."

She knew that she was a long way from home, but it was a long story as well. She missed home, but she loved where she was...if she could only find some work.

anon

"Ah..." Ally tilted her head. "Don't think I've been there. At least not recent enough that I remember." She smiled again. "I did pick up a bit of French though. Enough to curse my way out of trouble." She giggled, the laugh rocking her slim figure.

The sound of keyboard striking reached her ear. She turned and saw Ira, working furiously at his keyboard. "What do you have there?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Jag

Ira snaps back to attention and snaps his laptop shut with a blush on his cheeks, "N-n-nothing at all," he was always a terrible liar, "...work stuff..." he said softly before returning to his chocolate and shoving his laptop back into his bag. It was a bad idea for him to take it out in public. Someone could of looked over his shoulder and read what he was writing. That would of be horrifying. Ira didn't know what he would do if something like that were to happen. If people were to find out that he wrote fantasy stories and romance like stories.

The dark haired male sunk into his chair some, feeling awkward that he'd drawn attention to himself. This chocolate was getting to him.

Clio

She smiled as Ally talked about France and then looked with interest at the typing. Alise noticed the strange behavior of the dark haired man and shrugged it off. She could never understand introverts, at least, most of them. Drinking some more cream soda, she watched the scene play out and wished that knew a bit more about each person.

Clio

((OOC: Sorry to double post, but I need to leave))

Alise decided that she might try this place again tomorrow. waving at Ally and winking at the typer (for not particular reason) and smiling at the rough looking man, she paid her tab and left a generous tip before opening the door and heading down the street to her room in the inn.

Hellis

Taking his chocolate sweets to a table he looked at the dragon. He gave it a playfull challenge with a growl. He rembered a guy in prison that wanted to raise dragons. He though he was the most hilarius thing ever back then. Now he felt slightly bad. He took another bite wondring if he could find a job somewher nearby.

anon

Ally waved farewell to Alise before turning her attention to the man sitting there, eating the buns. "And you haven't given me your name yet." She flashed a smile at him. "Where are you from? Where are you going?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Hellis

He looked up at the waitress and said "Jhon"

He pondered what to asnwer her regarding where he came from but decided to be honest "Stateside Jail, just got out" then he continued to munch on his chocolate.

Jag

Ira felt a little shy, he didn't know what to do with himself. He looked around at the other people in the candy shop and felt out of place. It wasn't the first time he'd felt out of place in his life. That was the common thing for him to feel. Over time in college and in his job, he'd just learned to ignore it, but right now he was in a new place so it felt even more awkward for him.

The dark haired male couldn't help but get his attention caught by the male munching on the chocolate buns nearby. Apparently his name was Jhon. Ira blushed a little and looked down at his now empty plate. He didn't want to be rude and ask Ms. Ally for more while she was busy in a conversation with someone else. That and as awkward as he was around other people, he was more so around other men.

With a small sigh, he waited and thought about the story he'd been typing. The sugar dragon had sparked a thought in his mind and he was writing a story about a boy that was cursed with a talking dragon that annoyed and embarrassed him.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled and walked over to Ira. He seemed a little out of sorts. She smiled shyly, "Hi, I'm Aoi." She said, standing across the table from him. She rolled her ankle self-consciously, her little kitten running along her arms.

Mordred

Just for the hell of it, just for kicks, just because ohhhh jeez it takes the dude back to when he was innocent *chokes on drink*, or hmm, maybe he simply plans on raiding the damn place for free sweets, Rex walks up to the Corner Sweets. Picking up a rock, he is tempted to throw it through the old abandoned building, but then no, he behaves and drops it in the street.

Willing himself to alter his speed, his sight wavers for a moment before returning to normal. It seems the world has now sped up while he lives at a snails pace. He remains young while all else crumbles.

Approaching the door, Rex grins as he reaches up, finding the old hidden key. Pushing it inside the lock, the mechanism does a series of clicks and the door creaks loudly open. And as he suspected, on the middle table sat a steaming cup of coffee, waiting for him.
*See Pillory*

Avis habilis

"... might have been put on the other ..."

Standing in the open door, the man glanced up at the ringing bells and frowned.

"Huh. That's not much of a ..." he began, then abruptly stopped. His gaze shot down to his hand, still resting on the door handle, then to the door itself. A beat, then he yanked his hand away as from a hot coal and spun around.

"Syll?" He stared out into the front courtyard. Then, louder, "Félice?"

No reply. The man turned back into the shop, reflexively shutting the door behind him. He took a step toward the counter, stopped, patted his hips. Nodded on finding a pocket.

"Right pants, anyway."

He crossed to the bar.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi walks into Corner Sweets wondering if anyone is there. She opens the door, her black skirt swirling around her ankles as the closes the door behind her. She smiles as Rex, "Hello Rex, how are you?" She looks around the shop and notices a new customer in the shop. She walks up and offers her hand to him, "I'm Aoi, welcome to Corner Sweets. What is your name?"

Avis habilis

A look of relief flashed across the man's face as Aoi spoke.

"Oh, hey. I'm Dave." He pronounced his name with odd deliberation, but smiled as he shook the striking young girl's hand. "Pleased to meet you."

Dave stopped and flexed his jaw. The fingers of his other hand went to the stubble on his cheek. "Three days?" he muttered. "Out of sync."

All at once he realized he was still holding Aoi's hand. He released it with a bashful chuckle. "So, Aoi, are you the owner?"

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled hesitantly. "It's nice to meet you, Dave. No, I'm not the owner. I'm just a regular customer who helps out sometimes. Is there anything I can get you?" As she said this, her little kitten crawled out of the pouch at her hip and up her arm to rest on her shoulder.