[Reboot] The Avatar is an Evil Overlord

Started by ShadowFox89, April 22, 2013, 11:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Sixty years ago, the Avatar was found to be an airbender. A battle ensued and the Avatar was killed, taking out the temple with him. Twenty years after that, the new Avatar was found, a young waterbender girl of the Southern tribe. She too, was killed by the Fire Nation, seeking to conquer the world. They hunted for her for four years, before finally killing her on the night of a lunar eclipse.
Sixteen years later, it was revealed that the next Avatar was an earth bender. A powerful warrior, he led the Earth Kingdom to victory over the Fire Nation. But he did not stop there. Declaring that there must be peace for all nations, lest they turn towards war, he began to conquer all who opposed his rule. The Avatar declared himself emperor, protector of the world.
Now, he makes his capital in the great city of Ba Sing Se. The Dai Li, his secret police, ensure that no one opposes him inside the city. His armies ensure none oppose him outside, regularly putting down rebellions that arise on the massive continent. That hasn't stopped a small rebellion from forming in the city, intent on fighting back against the Avatar.

I'm going to try and reboot this, as it had potential but slowly died due to RL taking over for the players.

Players will be members of the resistance, but if I can get a co-GM we could make this a freeform game with players and both sides. This is just an interest check for now though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

JamesSureWould

Alt-history?
Avater?
Rebellion?

sign me up!

ShadowFox89

And to note, the main focus of the game will be Ba Sing Se, and it will be in the NC-Human section.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anna Katrine

Carlissa

This looks fun. I've never seen Korra but I was a fan of the original series. I'll keep an eye on this...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

The timeline here supersedes the one from Avatar: the Last Airbender. The timeline is set so the group of Katara, Toph, Sokka, etc, wouldn't have been born yet (taking place about 40 years before the start of A:tLA).

I'll be putting up a sheet soon. Both benders and non-benders will be possible.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

zetzal

Hmm... A reboot of one of my favorite shows of my chilhood until my mother couldn't afford T.V and hen the show made no sense to me? I am so in!

ShadowFox89

What I'm thinking for sheets is that each character will have several traits. Three major and five minor. Major covers things like bending, being a master swordsman, or having a small elite force of secret police. Minor covers things like having access to the higher tiers of Ba Sing Se, having contacts in the black market, or minor skills like being a skilled dancer.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

zetzal

Aparently I am not as "so in" as I thought, due to RL stuff I don't think i'll be able to join at this point in tme, later perhaps, but not now.

Mysterica

I would be interested in remaking my old character from said previous game, with some changes, some minor, some less so.

agentlemanwithadream

Im definitely interested, however these next two weeks will be kinda hectic since its the end of the semester so my posting will be a little limited fyi

ShadowFox89

Character sheet. Please PM to me the full sheet, but post everything except allegiance and background here. Those two are going to be kept secret.

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Allegiance[/b]: Are you a loyalist, supporting the Avatar? A member of the resistance?
[b]History[/b]: A background of 2-3 paragraphs would be nice. If you weren't born in Ba Sing Se, where did you come from? Why are you supporting who you support?
[b]Physical Description[/b]: Just need a paragraph here. It should give me a fairly good description of what you look like. Picture is optional, but spoiler it.
[b]Psychological Description[/b]: Your general disposition, your likes and hates, and your fears and goals.
[b]Ons/Offs[/b]: If there's something not here, I'll assume you are fine with it. I like to incorporate a wide variety of encounters in a game, such as bondage, public humiliation, etc. If you don't want it, make it an off and it won't happen to you.

[b]Major Traits[/b]: You start with 3 major traits. These are things that define who your character is and what they do, and should be fairly powerful. This includes being a skilled firebender, a master swordsman, or able to use lightningbending.
[b]Minor Traits[/b]: You get 5 minor traits. These are less powerful than major traits, but should still be character defining. This includes having wealth, servants, and connections to the Ba Sing Se underworld.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Made a minor mistake in the character sheet, updated it with the two traits section.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

zetzal

Would this be a system game or freeform?

ShadowFox89

Freeform. The traits are just there so people have a guideline.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

zetzal

Alrighty, then once I figure out how many role plays I am in (i feel like i'm forgetting one or two) then determain how many are still active I will join if you don't mind.

Carlissa

I'll start working on a profile. I forgot most of the Avatar lore, so I might be a little while.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Anna Katrine

QuoteI'll start working on a profile. I forgot most of the Avatar lore, so I might be a little while.

Ditto, also Im a bit lazy :)

TheRaven

Interested. Profile in progress done.

Name: Seiko Maki

Physical Description: Seiko is a tall, lanky man. He is far more suited to agility than raw strength, and his style of combat reflects that. His dark hair used to be held up in a topknot with a two-pronged hairpiece, but since then, he has grown his hair out and let it down instead. He has a sharply pointed chin and brown eyes, and typically wears wine-colored burgundy clothing, a mixture of his old red Fire Nation clothes and the brown accents of Earth Kingdom clothing.

Picture

Psychological Description: Seiko is incredibly intelligent, knowledgeable on several subjects; however, the one he is most knowledgeable on is tactics. Seiko can easily be manipulative when he likes, but typically refrains from doing so without a good reason. However, he is not above manipulating attractive women if he really wants to. Otherwise, he is fairly affable and good-natured with a passion for liberty. That said, given that he is something of a spymaster, it’s hard for Seiko to trust most people. While his emotions run hot, especially anger, Seiko generally tries to maintain control. However, in Firebending duels, he generally lets his emotions run wild to fuel his powers.

Ons/Offs: Ons: Dominating, teasing, roughness. Offs: Bathroom play, gore

Major Traits: Seiko is a highly skilled Firebender, trained as would befit Fire Nation aristocracy. His natural intelligence was bolstered to genius capacity by study growing up, and his tactical abilities are running at the same capacity.

Minor Traits: Seiko has had some training with a sword to go along with his Firebending, and he is well-educated enough to know his way around a noble's court. He has connections with some Ba Sing Se underworld types (particularly one of the thieves’ guilds), and maintains a small-scale spy network among the occupational government by playing on the sympathies, allegiances, and connections he has established with the servants of noble households. Additionally, sneaking out of his home has given him a moderate talent at sneaking around.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

ShadowFox89

Raven, could you PM me the full sheet and edit the allegiance and history out of the public one?

And could you elaborate on his traits?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Carlissa

Name: Songli Zenho
Physical Description: Songli describes herself as a "lean, mean, fighting machine". While there isn't any visible muscle on her body, it's obvious that she's in great physical condition. Sonlgi stands at an even 6'0, towering over most of the girls in her district. She is slightly skinny but has very well defined curves and developed breasts (she is very proud of her breast size, although can be a little embarrassed by them as well). She has an overall country girl look to her with the lack of makeup or fancy "in style" clothing. She doesn't make much of an effort to make herself look pretty, which doesn't get her many boys despite being (somewhat) naturally attractive to begin with.

The most distinguishing trait about Songli are her blue eyes, which she gets from her mother. Her eyes are big and always have a happy look to them, which in turn shows off the deep blue irises that shine beautifully in sunlight. Below her eyes are a row of freckles that go from one cheek bone to another while trailing over the bridge of her nose. Her mouth is usually posed in a cheerful but slightly cocky grin, but is rarely shown open to hide the gap between her two front teeth from view, which she is quite embarrassed of (and can lead to involuntary whistling when she speaks). Her face, is round but thin, and is topped by long black hair that reaches down to her waist, but is usually tied in two braided ponytails that trails over her shoulders and breasts.

Songli prefers to wear light clothing fit for flexibility and coolness. She is usually seen wearing a green tube top with a yellow outline on the edges of the top that exposes her midriff. She wears a skirt with large slits from both sides, and goes down 3/4 of her legs. She wears kung-fu shoes and occasionally wrappings over her calves.

Psychological Description: Despite losing a lot of her tomboyish traits that she had when she was younger, Songli is still quite the rascal. She seems to be always cheerful, giddy and bubbly, looking at everything in a positive manner. She is energetic, fun loving, and is easily excited. She is almost always seen with a smile on her face and a spring in her step. She isn't very intelligent when it comes to being "book smart", but is a quick thinker and knows a lot about fighting. Songli can be sensitive to criticism and is very sensitive to insults. Her self esteem is rather low as well, and is put down easily. Some things she enjoys doing are sparring, participating in friendly competition, cooking, making people laugh, and helping people with their problems.

Ons/Offs:

Ons: Pregnancy, foreplay, breast play (titfucking, lactation), having sex in public/unusual places, creampies (vaginal), teasing, kissing, older men, strong men...
Offs: Cum facials, vagainal rape, female orgies, younger men...

Major Traits:

Skilled Earthbender: Trained by her uncle in his unique style of earthbending, Songli is a powerful earthbender and fighter. Her style of earthbending relies on a "tank" like strategy; block the enemy's attacks with a strong defense, and hit them hard with a strong offense. Her style involves a lot of close combat attacks that use brute force to thow the opponent around the enviroment, as well as providing defensive support to her allies. Her style uses more hand to hand combat than most earthbending styles, and utilizes wrestling moves with earthbending to make powerful combos.

Physical Strength Prowess: While most earthbender's physical strength are superior to other benders, Songli's strength surpasses the average earthbender. Thanks to her genes as well as her days on the farm wrestling with animals 4 times her size, Songli has developed her body to be physically superior to the average human. She uses her strength to throw her opponents around or to tank attacks to open up attacking opportunities of her own. She makes the most of her strength from her wrestling-like fighting style and supportive roles in battles.

Golem-Bending: Despite Songli's and her uncle's impressive strength, there were some tasks on the farm that were not possible to accomplish with their strength alone. To make up for their lack of manpower Songli and her uncle developed an earthbending technique that would make farming much easier; the ability to create and control rock golems, otherwise known as Golem Bending. Using basic earthbending techniques, Songli can create a large structure in the shape of a human or animal of her choosing, and control it through earthbending. The golems she create are very strong in both attack and defensive power, and can be useful in many situations such as building things, herding animals, acting as a defensive structure, and of course acting as an offensive weapon. There are weaknesses to this technique, however. Firstly, creating a golem requires a lot of earth material, and finding an etiquette amount of rocks can be difficult at times. Secondly, creating a golem takes time, and can take up to several minutes depending on how large the golem is. This makes making a golem impossible in the heat of battle without proper support from allies. Thirdly, Songli is rendered helpless when both making and controlling the golem. Controlling the golem takes a lot of energy and concentration, and Songli cannot do any other kind of bending when controlling a golem. An interesting thing to note is that Golem Bending takes a lot of training to learn, so untrained benders who haven't trained to Golem Bend cannot take control of golems, or bend the earth that makes them.

Minor Traits:

Skilled Cook and a Trained Taste: When Songli isn't training or fooling around, she's in the kitchen of her grandfather's restaurant. Thanks to the lessons she got from her mother and grandfather, Songli has grown to be quite the cook. She has learned cooking secrets passed down in her family from generations ago, and in return can make a delicious meal out of almost anything. She is very creative with food and loves to experiment and try out new ingredients or recipes she thinks up (at the most random times).

ShadowFox89

I was hoping to actually have people who are interested in this, but it looks like I'll need to shelve this idea for later. Again.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Angaroo

Ooooh! Put me down as interested too!  :-)

ShadowFox89

Well if interest picks back up, I might look back into this :)

Might sneak in some FATE system stuff too, because damn that's such a fun system.
Call me Shadow
My A/A