Cirque De Sang Et De Flammes: Circus Of Blood And Fire (Recruiting)

Started by Cream, April 22, 2012, 11:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cream

Are You Ready To Join The Circus?

Ring Mistress's Annoucement:

Baseball.  Boxing.  Theatre.  Circus.  Even the American Dream has begun to fade away into something of an antiquity.  Sure, baseball still has relevance, but there was a time when it was America when the family would crowd around the radio, loving every word told and imagining it with every description. What was classic is now looked at as an old timer’s game, a brutal sport, a gay man’s enjoyment, a pastime to please the children, and worst of all an imagining of people who are either dead or in senior citizen’s home. Antiquity has lost its importance.

But antiquity is what made this world what it is today.  We have forgotten about the fundamentals of the American society. Things that dominated life only a century ago. We flock to mass media, the internet, our smart phones, and we forget what it is like to watch acts that require more commitment then most of us could ever realize.  We complain about our athletes if they are not perfect. Entertainment is largely based upon cheap thrills and what is exciting at that very moment.  What happened to the spirit of America?

And most important, what happened to the circus?  The Wringling Brothers promise you the greatest show on earth, and when you go you find yourself looking at the same show that has been shown for fifty years.  The only truly relevant circus is Cirque Du Soleil, but to see a show with a family of four you must give a full week’s pay.  The circus was meant to be something that was for everyone.  For the small towns as well as the large cities.  For the poor and for the rich.  Something to captivate the minds and bring them into a world of impossibilities.  Now, we see CGI on theatre screens that can bring real people into computer animated world.  We forget what impossible means.  To the world at large, human feats are nothing more than statistics that most of America does not care about.  I ask you just a few questions.

Have you ever witnessed a person go up in flames, with your own eyes, and walk out unscathed?  Have you ever witnessed a women fly through the air forty feet above a hard dirt floor without a single fear of hitting it?  How about somebody guide ferocious beast without the need for a cage, or gunman waiting to shoot them dead if they acted out in the least?  You have not witnessed the spirit of a circus.  For decades upon decades, the spirit of the circus had died.

Important Points

The Setting

The circus has now found a new meaning.  No longer is it something advertised; no longer is it something you buy tickets to in advance.  Elizabeth’s circus is something that she dreamed about as a kid.  It arrives unexpectedly by train.  It sets up shop in a flat, vacant field.  You only find out about it because it is there, and you only go because it is something new and exciting.  You do not receive emails about it, and you are not given a description of its acts.  You are met upon the street by classic posters, showing different drawn acts performing their feats.  You go expecting excitement, and you leave a changed person.

Upon arriving at the circus, you are met at a makeshift fence with stakes driven into the ground along with a thin rope acting as a false deterrent.  The fee is minimal, and the only thing surprising is that you are not allowed to bring your phones, or cameras, or anything of the of like.  The banner outside the big tent states one simple thing. “Find yourself within Antiquity.” And there is a woman upon it, spinning fire with flames licking at her flesh.  You enter and are not assaulted by familiarities.  Instead, you find a whole new world.

Those within the circus have joined it for a very simple reason.  They wished an escape from the world they had either grown tired of, or realized to be a farce.  The acts were all self-taught, and then honed to perfection under Elizabeth’s hand.  Every member of the circus was loyal to their dying breath, because they had been infected by the spirit that drove the circus.  They accepted being isolated from the world around them. They accepted living without “modern amenities” because they had found a family that was more loyal to them then their own ever could be.

The members of the circus have agreed to an oath, stating their dying blood was invested within the family and the concept of allowing others to escape reality, if only for one night.  The members were closer than any group of people ever could be, they had a stark realization of the world around them.  Social networking led to social paralysis, you talked to your “friends” more often online then in real life.  They understood the world went to hell in ones and zeros, and threw it all away for something natural.

It was the spirit of the circus that kept them bound.  A spirit which had died nearly a century ago, and had been resurrected by Elizabeth. Those who had been with the circus long enough to see it form has felt it grow.  They felt the power that flowed through their veins as she enticed the spirit forth, before one night risking her life to capture it.  The spirit of the circus now belonged to her, but it was shared to all every time they performed.  The crowd themselves felt it, but they fed into it and made it more powerful.  The members of the circus felt a high, no matter how new or old.  The acts themselves were given a taste of the spirit, and with their performances they perfected acts that were not meant to be perfect.  The spirit was a tangible thing, and Elizabeth controlled it.

The shows were best described as magic.  The crowd felt as though they were within a dream, the acts felt as though they were in a trance, the clowns danced and performed as though their bodies were liquid and knew every eye of the crowd wanted them without understanding why, be it lust or admiration, they all wanted the clown.  The hands got the best high of all, because they had constructed the entire show and within it they knew that they were perfect.  The shows ended, and as the crowd left, the members drank in the euphoria of a perfect night.

The celebrations after will something that the outside world would never, and could never understand.  The wrought sexual tension that strange from person to person until it strung a web of community.  Every word meant more then it should, every touch felt better then it could.  The clowns danced from member to member, giving a taste of flesh or a word of wonder to make them all feel great.  The acts looked around them at their family, knowing without even the lowliest of them they could have never accomplished their dreams show after show.  The hands licked their lips after every drink, every smoke, and knew that in any other circus they would not be allowed into such a spectacle.  In this one, they were doted upon and treated as equals and gods.

The allure of flesh, the bond of family, and the secrecy of deviancy was what kept them together.  A single word what occurred within these meetings could easily have the circus shut down, but not a one ever pondered the idea.  Betraying family was as good as betraying themselves, and they always knew that Elizabeth kept a watchful eye.

It was unfortunate then that on one late evening on the last night of a show, Lawrence showed up.  The bliss and perfection that had always been there seemed to falter, because suddenly the man who should be in Elizabeth’s position decided to throw his opinions into the bag…Elizabeth’s perfection now had a single fault, one she couldn’t simply kill off.

The Game Play
Though the game is advertised as a circus, the actual acts are not going to be the main roleplaying point.  If that were the case than the acts would own the entire game, and that is not something I wish to have. Once the game has been established, then a separate thread will be given for the acts.  It will be the actual circus, which will be performed within a particular phase.  As the main show goes on, as will the celebration.  This way all three character types will be able to play at the same time. 

A good bulk of the writing will occur around group events.  Namely the set up for shows, and the celebrations after.  This will be where all of the characters, both NPCed and PCed will engage in one group activity.   It is not something that will be turn by turn, as I am sure characters will split off at the celebration so that if two people are writing with one another they will not have to wait for everyone to post.  You will only have to wait for those whose post are relevant to your current scene.  We will also be using a strict tagging system which will be addressed later.

As for the most important part in my personal opinion, the amount of content dedicated to sexual roleplay as opposed to story role play.  This is a story based game, and though sexual themes are more than welcomed I do not wish to see the game turn into orgies at every group event.  Sex is to be kept within the storyline itself, and it will be regulated in the manner that if I witness characters meet for the first time and then go and screw, I will take the matter into a private setting and discuss it.  I am not telling you your characters cannot engage, hell I intend to engage with both of mine, but as soon as I witness a typist focus more upon the sexual aspect than the story then there will be a warning, and if it is not followed, you will be removed.

As I do not intend for this to be a massive game and plan upon selecting perhaps ten typist tops, then I have had to figure out a way to deal with people who leave willingly and are forced to do so.  That means that within the circus, no position is safe.  The moment that Elizabeth finds a person no longer useful, or otherwise a nuisance, she will see to it that they are removed.  This is going to be something that is well known to all who join the circus, and should be noted by typist.

The posting rate of the group is also quite important.  I understand that the muse does not always go along with the writer, but within this story I wish the muse and the writer to at least agree with one another.  This means I do not want a writer who will post once a week, as it means that parts of the game will be incredibly delayed.  I wish for you to post at least once every three days.  My idea of perfection would be once a day, but even I may not be capable of doing that so it is not a requirement.  However, if you do join, and are consistently slow to respond then I will have to drop you.  I do not wish to have this game move at a snails pace, and I am sure other writers understand that.

The rules in and of themselves are simple.  Anyone who has been role playing for any period of times knows the basic rules that apply to every game, and they apply to this one as well.  I wish for this to be a game that can entice people’s muses, can draw them into the web of the story and help us all move forward.  If you decide to join this group and know the basic things I have just stated, then I see absolutely no problems ahead.  I am an incredibly accepting and understanding GM, to a point where some fault me for it, so as long as you are not grossly negligent you should have nothing to worry about.
Fighting for a revolution of thought.

Discord: Cream.E#8738

Cream

History of The Circus

In the mid-1970s

The last travelling circus had seemed to meet its end.  They lacked the means to keep up with the growing demand, and everything from their acts to their animals began to grow tired and hungry.  Over time the talent had begun to fade, until there were only a handful of has-beens left.  Those who had once knew the glory of the circus had grown old, but the owner of the circus refused to let them go.  He had been with them for decades, and had been hoping for five years that they could find young people who wished to dedicate their lives to an old tradition.  He had bled money for two years, and was ready to fold. 

One evening a twenty seven year old man by the name of Gerald approached the old circus owner.  He requested to have a drink, and told him a story.  The story was true, and he told the man that he had seen his show at the end of its prime, twenty one years ago.  He asked a lot more questions then he answered.  But he heard what he needed…The core of the show he had seen were still in the circus, though no longer performing.  He offered the circus owner a deal, he would pay off the man’s debts and give him fifty percent of profits made if the man parted with the deed to everything he owned within the circus.  The quickness with the acceptance let him know he probably could have taken it over with just paying the debts, but he wanted the owner to profit.  That evening twenty one years ago had changed his life.

Gerald had fallen into a large amount of old money shortly after he graduated college with a business degree.  After purchasing the circus, the first thing he did was give everyone on staff a year’s worth of pay as a bonus.  His only request was that they put new life into the circus.  Gerald began to take the circus from city to city, town to town, even village to village.  That first year, he lost more money then he had paid for the circus.  He considered the loss worthwhile, and he gave the previous owner half of profits earned from ticket sales(not counting his own loss against him.)  His acts were paid well, the few travelling hands he had were paid twice minimum wage.

Over the next twenty five years, the travelling circus thrived as much as such a small show could.  Yet, on consistent bases, the more popular he got the more important his acts became.  And the best of the best always ended up getting recruited into bigger shows, Namely The Wringling Fucking Brothers.  He could barely go to one of their shows without watching one of his former acts defame everything he had helped teach them for more money.

Yet his ability to draw in new and fresh talent never dwindled.  It was odd how when the second millennium came to be, more and more people wished to join the circus.  But even his expanse of wealth began to dwindle.  He watched his dream begin to bleed him dry.  He knew that if things didn’t change quickly, then he would end up just like the last owner.  Sacrificing more and more of the show in order to break even.  He began to drink.

January 2005

It was the day before the first show.  Gerald’s veins were itching in anticipation, nervousness, fear.  This was the biggest city his show had performed in in ten years.  55,376 according to the sign the trucks drove past.  He chose to go out to a local bar to get an idea of the people.  Every bar made his stomach fill with knots, until he found one who had promised a show beyond belief.  Something that would make people gasp and scream in fear and anticipation.  His original idea of a circus.  He walked in, sat down and ordered a Gin and Tonic (Heavy on the gin, he asked.)

Then they walked on stage.  They both had a beauty to them, and also a certain amount of strangeness.  He was dressed in dark grey slacks with downward pin strips, a white button up with long sleeves, and a dark grey vest which would match perfectly…But the pin strips were horizontal.  She had on blood red dress that was loose fitting beneath the waist, and form fitting at the top.  Namely because she wore her corset over the dress.  Gerald smiled, because none of it made any sense at all.

Fire erupted.  Three inch balls on strings were set on fire, they both handled at least two per hand.  They were whipped around in the air, at every spin nearly hitting the clothing.  They began to shoot the balls of flame at one another, the absolute perfectness of the choreography was brilliant.  He had been teaching his acts for decades, and he had never seen something like this.  He hadn’t gasped or screamed, until one of the balls of flames hit to the right of the woman.  Suddenly an eruption of flame shot up, he heard her scream.  It was fake, and he still gasped in horror.  Next thing he knew they were shooting the balls beside one another, every time flame erupted.

They made what, fifty dollars a show?  He could make fifty dollars a ticket off of this.  He hired them both on the spot.

February 2005-2008. 

Lawrence and Elizabeth had proven very quickly that Gerald had made an incredible decision in hiring them.  He had placed them as an opening act for the main attraction in the big tent, something that most of the acts resented.  Then they actually got to witness what the two were capable of.  Every show was full of flame, burns, violence, and a tension between the two that was absolutely palpable.  The crowd saw it as hostility, as with every part of the act they went at each other more and more ferociously.  Those within the circus came to realize that they were consistently attempting to better the other one, to prove that they were the superior fire handler.  It went back and forth on who “won” the competition, but more often then not, it was Lawrence.

The two ended up as the main act six months into their being there.  There had been acts a decade old who still had not tasted the big tent, and they all accepted being passed over…Lawrence and Elizabeth were simply better.  They had become the main attraction of the show, and for the first time in over twenty years the crowds at each town they arrived in began to whisper about the flame throwers.  There was a sign outside of every tent stating that cameras were not allowed…In every tent, that was enforced, but when Elizabeth and Lawrence took the stage Gerald allowed them.  The internet had become an easy way to market the show, and YouTube had video after video of the two.

A year later, and Lawrence was quickly on his way to becoming the Ring Master.  He had a way with the audience that was absolutely profound.  He was good with enticing the crowd, and he was better at backing up his bold statements with his beautiful partner in flames.  They saw more money in the next six months then the circus had seen since it had begun.  More and more money, and Gerald celebrated more and more.  He drank more and more.  He more or less gave the show to his main act.  Lawrence directed, and Elizabeth began to bring in talent.

The circus was once again thriving.  By the end of 2008 every show was sold out, from the major acts to the small ones.  Elizabeth’s brilliantce with bringing in new talent showed itself, and Lawrence was a master of the crowd.  There was no doubt in Gerald’s mind that the circus would thrive until the day that he died.

September, 2008.

Elizabeth's obsession with the circus had gone above and beyond what it had been when she had been recruited.  She had joined simply blissful to be a part of it.  As her and Lawrence’s show began to grow in fame, she wanted more.  She loved her circus, do not doubt that, but she believed that she and Lawrence could do a hell of a lot more for the circus then what Gerald was allowing them.  He had stepped back from directing and controlling the acts, but he still demanded on the logistics.  As his drinking became worse and worse, the towns became more and more confusing.  By September, they entered more villages than cities.  They could perform ten shows in a village and get the same number of viewers that they could draw in one night from a city.  She had enough.

She had sat down and talked with Lawrence one evening.  She had told him that a change had to come, and he agreed.  She and Lawrence had always had an odd relationship.  They were in love with one another, but it was never romantic.  Nor was it platonic.  It was some strange symbiotic relationship that thrived with time.  They were intimate, but rarely sexual.  They slept nude in the same bed, but it was always something of understanding and not sexuality.  She told Lawrence that evening that she had to seduce Gerald, to gain control over him, and gain ownership of the circus.

Lawrence took a while before he accepted it.  They both did not like the idea, but they knew that the larger picture was the most important.  The next evening, she made her first advance on Gerald.  It was nothing more than a promise of something else.  The rest of September she continued to tease the old man, playing at his emotions and desires until he was drunk enough for her to leave without him remembering.

January, 2009.

By then Elizabeth had played the old man beyond recognition.  In his mind, they had slept together many times.  They never actually had, she would feed him liquor until he blacked out and the next day brag about how incredible he was in bed.  She had thought that she had done absolutely everything right.  She had not realized that the old man would think that sex was something more then it was…He began to believe that he was in love with her.  Hell, maybe he was, but she didn’t understand how someone who could no longer function sober could truly interpret his feelings.

She had grown more and more distant from Lawrence.  They were still the best of friends, but she was no longer able to sleep in his bed.  She often left Gerald’s tent far too late and didn’t wish to wake him, so she found her own bed.  Gerald had eyes on her, and she had been too daft to realize that he might do such a thing.  She made her biggest mistake a month later.

February, 2009.

Elizabeth had just finished her last show in a small city in Texas.  She had noticed that Gerald had not attended, but she had not thought much of it.  He had shown up every show in the past few weeks glassy eyed and looking as though he wanted to vomit.  She knew the day would come when he just didn’t wake up in time, or was too hung over to actually come.  She thought that that was what tonight was.  So she used it to her advantage, and she found herself in Lawrence’s bed for the first time in what seemed like years.

She finally felt at home again.  She had sex with Lawrence that night in the first time in a year.  It was the most gratifying experience she had had in as long as she could remember.  She hadn’t realized exactly how much she had missed him, not only his presence but his body.  His companionship.  She left his tent the next morning with a smile and a kiss to the cheek, promising to see him again soon.

As she approached her tent to get changed, one of the oldest of the circus hands approached her.  He was fifty eight, grey haired, 6’3, and still built like a linebacker.  Even if the muscle seemed softer than it should be. “Gerald wants to see you, Liz.” She gave the man a cutting look, no one called her Liz except Gerald, and she pretended not to hate it then. “Call me by my real name or I’ll have you fired.  Let me change.” “He told me to call you Liz, and no, you will be coming with me right now.” He grabbed her by the arm and placed an iron like grip.  She had no choice but to follow.  She noticed a few of the older circus hands walking in the direction of Lawrence’s tent, and never for a moment realized what that meant.

It was two in the afternoon.  Gerald should still be passed out for at least five hours.  But he sat there, sober eyed for the first time in six months.  “Fuck.” She whispered to herself.  He looked up to her with a frightening expression, before the man released her arm and took a few steps behind her.  She did not speak, she kept denying why she had been brought here.

“You fucked him last night.” Gerald was straight to the point.  Elizabeth’s lips went to speak, and she was quickly shut up by Gerald’s strong voice. “Do not deny it, the man behind you heard you moan his name.” Gerald rose to his feet and was almost instantly upon her, he struck her with a backhand to the cheek.  She was stunned for a moment, and tears ran down her cheeks.  She hardly remembered the rest of the conversation.

Lawrence never returned to the circus.  No one but Elizabeth, Gerald, and the man who had heard it all knew what happened to him.  Most believed him to have fled.  It took no more than two hours for it to leak out that she had “cheated” on Gerald, and for the next six months she received pity from those she had brought in, and hatred from those Gerald had managed to keep.

October, 2010.

After Lawrence left, Gerald changed.  He began to cut pay, cut food consumption, cut absolutely everything.  Suddenly the circus he had did everything he could to save was once again falling into shambles, while he sat on a large stack of money and did everything he could to drink it away.  For the first three months, Elizabeth simply found pity in herself.  But when she started to see her talent lack, and more important, the animals was fed worse and worse, she realized that things had to change.

She betrayed her own morals and gave herself to Gerald.  She groveled in apology, she wept for him, she gave him her body.  She allowed herself to be a martyr for a dying circus.  She would not let it die.  She refused.

By September she had succeeded in gaining Gerald’s trust.  He believed in her whole heartedly, he believed that she loved him.  She managed to convince him in late September that he should draw up a will.  She remembered telling him that he needed to ensure his dream lived on, that if anything horribly tragic happened to him that he could not let the show be auctioned off.  The will stated that she owned 49% of the circus, and upon his unfortunate death she would get full ownership.

On a late October night, she decided she had had enough.  One of the show horses had collapsed of starvation during the middle of a show.  One of hers had broken her leg under the horses weight.  The show ended abruptly, and she waited a half an hour after the crowd had left to compose herself.  She went into Gerald's tent, and he was already black out drunk.  She picked up a full bottle of gin, tied his arms to the chair he sat in, and fed him enough liquor(Most of which by force) to ensure he would never wake up.

November, 2010.

The police had not been kind to her.  They had forty eight hours to question her, and they made sure that she slept in a cold cell without a blanket for two nights before she was brought in for questioning on hour forty six.  They were quick and to the point. “So how did you kill him?” “Kill him!?  I loved the man, ask anyone!” “We asked everyone, and most of them said that you were in their bed that evening.” They gave her an alibi that was not the same as her own.  Her alibi was that she was with the girl who had had her leg broken under the horse, and the girl had said it was true.  It was also true that the mass of the talent she had brought in had stated she was fucking them.  “Then isn’t it obvious?  He thought I was a whore, just as you do.  He could not deal with the anguish, and he drank himself to death.  I am sure that everyone you spoke to said he was a horrible drunk.  Why on earth am I even here?” They were dealing with a performer.  She performed perfectly, she seemed shocked they would ever even think she could have killed the bastard.

They had halfhearted hopes she would confess.  She didn’t.  She was granted full rights to the circus. The circus was ready. It was ready to achieve what she had set it out to do from the moment she began to cut them off from reality

2010-2012:

When Elizabeth took over everything changed.  Old, dead weight was fired.  The three men who had been involved in her and Lawrence’s events had been severely punished, and then left to walk a hundred miles to the nearest town in 100 degree weather.  She hoped that none of them never survived.  The wealth that she had been given with Gerald’s death ensured that the circus didn’t see a show for the next two months.  They found the outskirts of a small town near a large Train Station and settled.  The horse that had collapsed in exhaustion had been rehabilitated and was given to a youth group who wanted to teach young children how to ride horses.  The trainer, who had fallen beneath him, could not longer perform, but was given a management job to help Elizabeth’s next animal trainer.  All of her animals and workers were well fed, and she purchased a train with quite a few train cars.

All of her talent remained on staff.  Some were relinquished of their jobs for better talent.  They began to travel the train instead of the cars and semis that they had used before.  She spent her first six months doing the same small shows that Gerald had done, but she had done it for a reason.  The small tents and dirt covered floors were to prove a point.  The small crowds, the small acts, they were to remind her talent what the circus was about.  They were forced to realize that a circus meant nothing without its crowd.  Instead of thirty shows like Gerald had had, she had about a dozen.  But every one was incredible.  Every one excited the crowd to a frenzy.  For the first time in a hundred years, the Spirit of the circus was being remembered.  Show after show, the acts grew better and better.  She was happy to take the lead, the Ring Mistress performing with her fire like a mad woman with a cause.  She felt the Spirit grow and grow, build into her veins.

The Circus was ready.  It was ready to achieve what she had set it out to do from the moment she began to cut them off from reality.  None of them knew what the outside world was like, she ensured that.  They were not allowed to leave the grounds she set without express permission.  Nothing battery operated was allowed to enter the grounds of her circus.  She had cut them off from everything modern, and put them back into the reality of what she believed a circus should be.

One tent.  Twelve shows.  Two hours.  Ten thousand people.  The first act was simple, but still something the Wringling fucking Brothers could put in their show.  The next were clowns, but her clowns.  Clowns that spoke more of the ages of burlesque then the annoying and sometimes frightening ones that most circuses showed.  This night they remained a family show, though even the children realized that they were enticed by what they saw.

Then it was her turn.  She stood behind the curtains, hearing the crowd outside erupt.  Her clowns had left right and left of her, giving the best show of their lives.  The Spirit had began to flow within all of them.  Now it was her turn to walk out and give a show that could kill her, and if she had it in her to give that…Then she could capture the spirit.  The curtains billowed as she walked out of them, and walked to the center of the stage.

“My darling followers, what you have seen tonight is everything that a circus should be.  Excitement.  Thrills.  Acts of genius.  And fear.  But the death defying acts that you have seen thus far…” She was looking around the crowd the entire time she spoke, right to left, left to right.  Finally her eyes shut, and her gaze lowered to the floor. “Will seem like child's play, what I will give you now will change your thoughts on what a human is able to achieve and survive.”

All of her time, she had never used more then four flaming balls, six spots of gunpowder, and a half gallon of gasoline spread in random places…Tonight she had ensured her own death, because three times the gasoline, eight more spots of gunpowder, and two more balls were added.  She smiled death in the eyes as she looked forward, lit a match, and threw it in front of her.

The match never met its arc.  She closed her eyes and began.  She knew the stage, she knew where every hazard was, and she figured that seeing herself walk into hell itself would cause her to pause.  The first ball hit the match, it lit.  Then the second, the third before she knew it the sixth.  No matter how long in the future you asked her, she would swear that the show had only lasted ten seconds.  It had lasted ten minutes.  She rolled with the Spirit of the circus, she never realized that without it she would be dead.  She never realized that she would have been burnt to a crisp within the first minute.  She had never seen herself perform.  All she knew was that when she was done, her eyes opened.  She felt a ripple of power.  She felt the crowd, every last person, and she felt herself draw more and more power.

Six months later she understood that the Spirit had grown powerful enough to share.  If they went into a city of 50,000, then in seven shows 200,000 showed up.  She realized she was now holding onto a gift…Every scar that she had happily gained performing with Lawrence had healed itself.  She had tested her limits, and placed her palm over an open flame.  She felt the heat, but she never burned.  She had taken this circus over for a reason.  Slowly, she began to give her gift to others.  Only the best of the best received a small bottle, which looked like water but felt like air…When they received the gift, then their act was not only easy…It was seamless.

Cream

Step Right Up For a Place In The Circus

This is something that is not going to be 100% promised.  There are only so many of what I assume is going to be the most favored of choices, the Acts themselves, and I am going to do more or less a lottery for who gets what.  Not everyone can play an act, but the point of this game is that the acts are no more important than the people who clean up after them.  It is a group effort, and every person is as valuable as the next. With that being stated, these are the major groups.

The acts
I am going to go with most of the standard circus acts, though some will be NPCed.  If you wish to portray an act, then you will have to give me a reason as to why you could properly play them.  This means if you wish to, say, be the animal handler, then I will ask for a post that shows you can handle it.  These characters also have an undeniable binding to the circus.  Each selected act is given a portion of the Circus Spirit that Elizabeth managed to capture.  This means they are eternally bound to the circus, and their only way to leave is through death itself.  The only real character trait that is required for all acts is that they may never consider themselves better then anyone else in the circus.  They may be arrogant, but they must be arrogant over themselves and not their talents.

The Clowns
Clowns have always been an important part of the circus.  The clowns we know and love today fantasize about the clowns that Elizabeth’s circus hire.  They do their shows as dances, guised up in makeup that does not attempt to make them look humorous but instead make them look alluring.  Think Harley Quinn in the Batman video games.  They give a near burlesque show for the big shows, but also make most of their money in side shows where they go full out burlesque.  This is not a female only job, men are just as welcomed as the girls.  Within the roleplay, these characters play important filler.  They are the middle ground, the friendly ones, and the most important part of maintaining the sexual draw of the group scenes.  Elizabeth herself has the demeanor of one of her clowns, and is therefore their trainer.  These characters are vital in making connections, and taking the role means that you must be comfortable initiating contact with other writers as well as building bridges between characters.  To earn this position, you must give a post of the character displaying the habits needed.

The Circus Hands
This would appear to be the least alluring choice, but as I have stated, within the context of play they are treated as exact equals to all but the Ring Mistress. These are the most important characters in the circus, because the acts could not perform if the hands did not do their job, the Clowns would have to deal with rowdy patrons without their protection.  These characters are the most human and most natural of all who are within the circus.  They are the much needed balance between the eccentrics of the Clowns and Acts, and without them the roleplay would fail.

Hierachy in the Circus

Old Timers
These are those who have been with the circus since it belonged to Gerald.  They are by far the most trusted to Elizabeth, as they backed her and took her side when hell broke loose.  They are the most rewarded, and easily forgiven.  This lot mainly consist of Circus Hands, as most of the acts(All but NPCed) and the clowns were let go as they did not agree with Elizabeth’s changes.  For these characters, background must be established with Elizabeth.

Elizabeth's Talent
These are, as obvious, the people that Elizabeth brought in once she had control of the talent.  They are her favorite, and because of this, they are the most scrutinized and expected to be perfect.  All acts will be her talent, with the exception of the possibility of new acts being brought in to replace NPCs.  A good number of the clowns will also take up this pool, though few Circus hands will.  To become this, the initial meeting between Elizabeth and the talent must be figured out and written.

The New talent
These are characters who are fresh to the circus.  They are the most free of characters, as they are brought in without any prior history and are allowed to be written in whichever way that the typist wishes.  This includes potential acts, clowns, and hands.  The acts brought in under this class will have to earn it, and will not yet have the Spirit gifted.  The clowns will more or less be hazed.  To make it blunt, anyone with a pension for humiliation through voyeurism would enjoy being a clown under this class.  The hands will have a hard time, as they will not have an easy go at gaining acceptance.  The hands under this class will get the worst jobs, but if they accomplish them without frowning, it will not be long before they are equals.  Hands under this class are the only part of the circus that are not equal, because they are not trusted and often killed if they do not make par.

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=200][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Home State:[/b]
[b]Desired Role:[/b] Would you like to be an act, a clown, or one of the circus hands?
[b]Place of Hierarchy:[/b] Is your character an old timer, one of Elizabeth's talent, or the new talent?

[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] 

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Brief History:[/b]

[b]Introduction Post:[/b] This is the section where, in character, you describe your character's reasoning for wanting to join the circus and everything leading them to the point where they approach Elizabeth requesting work. New Talent can be clowns, acts, or circus hands.

[b]Likes:[/b] (nonsexual)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (nonsexual)

Cream

Name: Elizabeth Sawyer
Home State: Province, Thank you.  Quebec.
Role: Ring Mistress
Place of Hierarchy: Yours truly.

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5'4
Weight: 108
Physical Description:  Her body had once been scarred in more places then she bothered to count, and tattooed about everywhere else.  With the Spirit, both the scars and tattoos disappeared.  Her skin is flawless, and quite pale.

Personality: She is two people put into one body, and all have the ability to see both sides.  However, the side that they wish to see is the side that she most often conveys.  She is social, friendly, and physical.  Her idea of social and physical boundaries are non existent, thus she says what she wishes and touches whom she wishes within her family.  She is charismatic, and a natural leader.  However the other side is one you only see when you have done something wrong.  That side is incredibly vindictive, and very passive aggressive.  She will look you in the eye with a sweet smile while subtly telling you to change your ways or find yourself dead.  She is also incredibly selfish, and while she wishes the best for the circus she believes that the circus is hopeless without her.  So the best needs of the circus are often the needs of herself.

Brief History: Prior to the circus, she had grown up within the french parts of Quebec.  Absolutely nothing is known of her time there to any other than Lawrence, and the only real reminder of her youth lay within her accent, which was still French Canadian.

Introduction Post: (See Circus History)

Likes: Herself.  Her circus.  Her family.  The roar of the crowd, and the power of the spirit.  To be doted upon.  Obedience.  A persons ambitions to achieve more then most would believe them capable of.  The scent of marijuana.  The happiness of her family.
Dislikes: The modern world.  The taste of marijuana.  Hecklers.  Betrayal.  Greed.  Fear of ones own shortcomings.

Cream

Name: Lawrence Hawkins
Home State: Alabama
Role: Act, Partner to Elizabeth
Place of Hierarchy: Would be Ring Master, Currently Elizabeths Talent

Eye Color: Brown
Height:6'1
Weight: 186
Physical Description:  Thin, but still with a touch of muscle.  Burn scars along his arms, and portions of his body.  No tattoos or piercings.

Personality: Loyal.  Protective.  Believes in his causes, no matter the opposition.  Quite, but approachable and social.  Blunt.  Fearless.  Stubbornly selfless.

Brief History: All but those who had known Lawrence know nothing about him.  Those who knew him that remain in the circus know that he was dedicated hopelessly to making it succeed.  They know very little of his past, beyond that he was from Alabama and has "Little family to speak of", never giving anything more.  He always preferred the betterment of the group over the success of Gerald.  While with the circus, he spoke cryptically about Gerald starving the mass of the circus for his own ends.  Lawrence always seemed to dislike Gerald, but he respected the man for the simple fact that he was his boss.

Introduction Post: Lawrence had never anticipated going back.  The day that he had been thrown out of the circus, he had decided that he would never bother with attempting to join it again.  In fact he had contemplated joining The Wringling Brothers out of spite…But his spite could never outlay his loyalty.  He had given far to much to Geralds circus to ever join the enemy, even if the enemy seemed a bit friendlier.  All he knew was that he wasn’t given a reason for being removed, even when he asked the men who escorted him out.  It wasn’t hard to put two and two together, Gerald had found out that he had slept with Elizabeth and wanted him gone.  He actually felt a bit of debt to the man, typically he would have been killed.  At least he had some loyalty to the man who had been the key factor in reviving the circus.

He was in a southern town one evening, tending to a glass of scotch.  He had became a travelling teacher of sorts.  He went from town to town, and for a minimal fee he trained people in the art of fire spinning.  He received everything from housewives to adventurous young adults(He refused anyone under 18, it was too dangerous.)  He made just enough to get by, and was okay with it.  While he sat at the bar, a family walked in talking about a circus.  He had only arrived this afternoon, by which time the posters had been taken down.  They spoke of an incredible act, and went on and on about the brilliant woman who made fire seem harmless.

He paid his bill and left.  He felt a pull within him.  He had felt an odd tingling when that family had entered but wasn’t sure what it was.  Nor was he sure what let him know exactly what direction he should walk in.  It was a rather warm evening, and the scent of the air was nearly intoxicating.  He knew he was riding some sort of high, he blamed it on the scotch.  Then he found himself at the outskirts of the circus.  It was just a single tent, and he arrived in time to witness a large banner fall to the ground as a number of stage hands carried it to a train and disappeared.  He had seen the face of the Ring Mistress.  He felt the high grow more and more as he stood this close. “You found it.”

Lawrence walked through the canvas doors of the big tent.  Everything was still in tact.  He knew within twelve hours it would be broken down and readied for packing.  In the center of the ring sat Elizabeth upon a three foot high three foot wide circular stage, she was facing the opposite way, but he knew it was her.  His skin was tingling and the hairs on the back of his neck rose.  He began to walk towards her, and he heard her sigh. “Lawrence.  I never thought you would come back.” He had no idea how she knew who it was, he had no idea that the spirit was speaking to her.  After all, he had been the one to begin the process of finding it.  He had failed.  Even though he hated Elizabeth, he was still happy she did.

He stopped twenty feet from where she sat.  The dim lights around them made it hard for him to see her.  But she slid from the stage and walked towards him.  He knew every inch of her body.  But what he had known was not what he now witnessed.  She was wearing a blood red dress, with slits where they needed to be to make every man want her.  He may hate her, but the dress still had the same effect on him.  What was odd was that not a scar showed, nor did a single tattoo.  She was perfect, and she seemed to glow.  She stood still, knowing what this new vision of her would do to him.  He was in awe.  Finally after half a minute he spoke. “Ten years ago we set out to recapture the spirit of the circus we both mourned.  Venue after venue, no matter how small or large, we offered ourselves to the spirit in order to bring it back.  Three years ago you betrayed me.  How close were we?”  Hostile words were spoken in a curious voice.  It didn’t matter what had happened.  The spirit was alive and apparently thriving.  He needed to know how before he cared why.

Elizabeth smiled and paused, at this point they were two Ring Masters squaring off.  But he was teaching soccer moms and she was astounding thousands.  Finally she stepped towards him, and stopped five feet in front of him. “Gerald is dead.” She said. “I know.” Lawrence. “I killed him.” “I figured.  How much longer after?” Elizabeth smiled.  She hadn’t anticipated Lawrence to keep up on current events.  Elizabeth shook her head, he had a faint idea of why but he didn’t bother with saying anything.

“He left, and I changed things.  I made them as they should be.  I forced people to abandon the world outside and live within this world.  Two months and we began.  When I was leading the show, the spirit began immediately.  From that moment on talent came to me.  Whether it was the spirit that guided me to them, or the spirit that guided them to me.  About a year ago I captured it entirely.  It belongs to me now.  And it is why you were guided to my circus.” Her words were precisely stated to let him know she couldn’t have done it without him, while at the same time telling him from this point forward he couldn’t do it without her.  He had promised never to join this circus again.  But she possessed the spirit.  He hated the fact that she alone controlled it, but too much of his life had been given to finding it to walk away now. “Yes, Elizabeth, you control the spirit and that spirit guided me here.  If you would like to take dicks out and decide who’s is bigger then I am sure you know I’ll win.  But the important question is what comes from this?”

Elizabeth laughed softly at his words, while she would passively tear you apart Lawrence always had a way of putting it bluntly.  Elizabeth knew she now owned him, and reveled in that. “You accept your position as stage hand” Lawrence cut her off “Fuck you, I’ve always been better then you and you have always known it.” Elizabeth was at a loss for words.  Anyone else who spoke that way to her would be killed.  But she knew that he was right.  Elizabeth waited until the mix of anger and humility faded, and she spoke in a stern voice. “Then you accept that this circus is mine, and that as long as I own the spirit you will never be my equal.  You will be my partner at best.”  Elizabeth stepped towards him now, and stopped a few feet in front of him.  She bowed her head, tapped into the spirit that she had gained from this evening, and used to much.  At once a cape that didn’t exist swooped over her form, and a cloud of blinding and choking smoke emerged.

It took him a little while to recover.  With a soft cough he looked towards where Elizabeth should be, she was gone.  In her place lay a small bottle with a cork lid.  Lawrence stepped forward and picked it up.  The seconds his hand touched it, he felt that same high he now knew was the spirit.  This was her peace offering.  In has hand was a bottle of the spirit, and the knowledge that he either took it and became one of hers or never got to taste what it was.  The cork was removed, and the bottle lifted.  Nothing was tasted, it was only felt.  Fire ran through his veins.  When he opened his eyes, he saw flames bursting through his flesh.  He never felt pain, he didn’t burn.  All that he knew was that he had signed his life over to Elizabeth…And he refused to believe that he could not take her place.

The spirit belonged to the person who best embodied it’s meaning.  He had taught her, he had told her of the spirit of a circus, and by the end he would take it from her.

Likes: Loyalty.  Truth.  Bluntness.  Dedication.  Social graces.  Friendship.  Humility.
Dislikes: Betrayal.  Tyranny.  A person who pushes someones boundaries.  Prejudice.  Disbelief in ones self.  Selfishness.  Failure.

Flower

Flower

Character for approval. ;)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Chloe Monroe Mallory
Home State: Kansas
Desired Role: Acts
Place of Hierarchy: Elizabeth's Talent
Appearance
Eye Color: Bluish-green
Height: 5'8
Weight: 125
Physical Description: She walks with grace at all times of the day. Even though it appears natural, she is often aware of every single step since she know the consequence of one wrong move. A broken arm or leg can be the end of her career. It also means the difference between glory or pity. Her hair comes to about the middle of her back when completely straightened though most times it hangs in loose curls. She has no piercings. There is only one small tattoo of the figure of a raven on her left shoulder. She is not one for jewelry since she doesn't have the patience to take care of it. She only wears a locket stolen from her mother before she left for a life in the circus.

Personality: She grew up in a place where manners and etiquette was essential to everyday living so she can't bring herself to be overly rude to people. She does not swear or behave in ways not befitting a lady. Instead, she gives people a taste of her mind and opinion of them tactfully through cleverly phrased words. Often times, it takes people a second or two to notice she has just insulted their entire family. It takes a lot to rile her up because of these reasons. She enjoys having fun with people since it helps take her mind off hurtful memories. She understands that there is nothing more important than perfecting her craft, but some days she just likes relaxing in the grass while thinking of things that could have or should have been. She know it's foolish, but sometimes she can't help herself at times.

Brief History: She grew up in a pretty large family in a small town. Everybody knew everybody, but that was fine with her. She went to school with her cousins and siblings every day. They would walk since it wasn't very far from their farm. Her mother always made sure they looked nice and tidy since she didn't want folks thinking they weren't being taken care of. Also, she didn't want the gossips down the street talking about them. She did pretty good in school though she shone outside on the monkey bars. She could hang from them longer than anyone else in her school year. Her daddy took her to the circus around when she was about six one year, and she feel in love with it from the moment they were there. The lights, people, and the noise. All of it seemed so surreal that she nearly peed myself in excitement.

When they got home, she annoyed him every day until he fixed up his own little replica of something she could swing around on. Just like the lady and man from the circus. As she got older, things became a bit more difficult between her folks when her pa lost his job. Money became tight, and her brothers were forced to find work outside of the farm to help support the family. Round then, her pa starting hitting her mother though she wouldn't dare say it to anyone outside of the house. He scared Chloe sometimes when he would drink until his head fell in a pool of his own vomit. Despite all this, she managed to practice out in her little swing even though her brothers had to change it over time to make sure she didn't end up hurting myself. That ended up happen just once, and her daddy got all crazy and decided to take all her equipment down. Her mama couldn't do nothing either so they just watched all her dreams disappeared. Or so he thought.

Introduction Post: It was in the middle of the night that Chloe Mallory left her house to go join the circus. She'd already had a big argument about it with her family, who did not approve of the idea. Yet still, it was her dream. A dream that had been watered for a long time since her first adventure across the school's monkey bars. Surprisingly, that dream did not turn out to be a glamorous as she imagined. Upon arriving, she was given a job as a circus hand. She was unable to go back home so she worked around with other people just like her. It was fun at times but still hard work since it took a lot of coordination for the circus to run properly. There was a lot of crying in the middle of the night too since it was her first time ever being away from home for an extended period of time. She was in between happy and almost mournful. It took everything she had not to go home and beg for forgiveness.

A couple of weeks past before one night after helping clean up the big tent, she went outside to see no one other than one of the stars of the circus. Elizabeth. It took a second or two for Chloe to feel comfortable until the woman took her back into the big tent. For some reason, she thought that Elizabeth wanted her to clean up something another circus hand left behind. Not tonight. The trapeze was still set up in its full glory. Well, from there, she was given an ultimatum of going up the ladder and soaring across blindfolded without a safety net or leaving the circus completely. There was no other choice since she was not welcomed back home. There were thoughts of ending up a broken pile of bones on the floor as she climbed up the ladder along with thinking this Elizabeth woman was some form of crazy for asking her to do such a thing. Before long, her vision was blocked by the blindfold, and there was the familiar weight of the bar in her hand. She could hear the sound of Elizabeth telling her to start along with the sound of the other bar being thrown through the air for her to catch. Chloe managed to propel herself through the air, grasping the bar by the tips of one of her hands. She nearly fell down, but pure strength allowed her to hold on before her other hand joined the first. This was her first performance in the circus.

Likes: Practicing, elephants, horses, music, routines, ladybugs, birds
Dislikes: rudeness, arrogance, bossiness

Cream

JuliettaRossi

Submitting for approval!

Julietta Rossi

Name: Julietta Rossi
Home State: Born in New York City, but never settled in one place very long.
Role: Trick rider and fortune teller

Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5'5
Weight: 110
Appearance
Physical Description: Long dark hair, her skin an olive coloring - reminiscent of her family's heritage. She is Romani and it shows in her features. Because of dancing and the acrobatic riding, her body is toned quite nicely. One can observe the rhythm in her walking, the sway of her hips. She has several tattoos and piercings on her body, the tattoos mostly in spots easily hidden.

Personality: Keeps mainly to herself, though is quite at ease around others, even if not speaking much. When she worked for her family she danced for part of their act and her profession of being able to look into another person's life has allowed her to be confident in her body as well as her mind. She seems to have a special bond with the animals of the circus, sometimes finding herself with the animal handlers during off hours, feeding and caring the the creatures.

Brief History: Her family are from a long line of circus people, mostly working with horses - Zingaro Acrobatics. Her brother, Caleb, now works the horse ring with his fiancee, leaving Julietta to do what the women in their family do - read fortunes. She had her own tent, working with the crystal ball for the tourists, the tarot cards for the ones who actually are in need of help. She left the circus her parents and brother still work for after a falling out with the owner - and the fact that he couldn't keep his hands off of her and couldn't understand why she wouldn't accept his advances. She now has her own riding act...

Introduction Post:

There weren't many options for those in the business anymore. There were very few circuses or sideshows left in the world. There wasn't much among the sawdust that old circus families didn't hear about - her own mother and father had known Gerald in passing, coming in as a guest performance for one season with her older brother in the ring - she being too young at the time really. Now she was older, had an act of her own - carrying on the family traditions in a new setting. Julietta left most of her belongings back with her family - if she was accepted on, she would have them shipped to her. In the meantime, a couple duffle bags with costuming, clothing and such accompanied her along with a small horse trailer - two prized horses coming with her.

She had performed her act for Elizabeth alone sitting in the stands. Julietta, dressed in her best gypsy finery - hair loose, flowing down over her shoulders and a tight, scoop-necked intricately embroidered top coming to just below her breasts, a soft skirt that ended at her calves, soft soled shoes like the high-rope walkers and aerialists used, she did an act meant for two - no handler in the center, trusting her horse to work through the act. Her heart sped through the entire performance as she tumbled, stood on her hands atop the saddle, bending backward gracefully to touch the toes of her shoes to behind the saddle, and held to the trick saddle and flipped on the side of the horse - all while the horse sped to a gallop. She did this as well as a number of other tricks and stances until the music came to an end - almost fifteen minutes later. Julietta slid down to ride side saddle, her skirt flowing with the movement of the horse, slowing her to a trot and then to a stop, sliding from the horse, a small puff of dust rising from the ground of the ring. It was now up to Elizabeth if she would take on another act...

Likes: Music, men, animals - especially the horses and big cats, dancing, adrenaline, her tarot cards (she could take or leave the crystal ball...it is after all, just for the silly tourists), and on occasion - a good cupcake.

http://juliettarossi.yolasite.com/

Senti

I am interested but I am sure you know i dont just jump in, and like to take time to make a character. (that is if ther are still places.)

Flower

Senti! I can't wait to see what you come up with when Cream responds. ^.^

Niferbelle

I'm mulling this over as well. The concept is very intriguing  :-)

LimitlessNikkie

For Approval!

Alexis 'Lexie' Moore

Name: Alexis 'Lexie' Moore
Home State: California
Desired Role: Clown
Place of Hierarchy: New talent

Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5' 7
Weight: 113lbs
Physical Description: With bright blue eyes and even brighter red hair against a creamy skin tone Lexi excels in catching the eye. On the taller side she is slender with long legs that look stunning in her normal heels. She had nice understated curve and smaller bust. Her most striking feature is probably her eyes a shifting shade of blue that reflect her every emotion without censorship.

Personality: Lexi is a fun loving person who thrives on her interactions with people. She is they type of person who makes an impression with those around her. She's someone who loves to laugh and does so often. She someone who lives for the joy of life, never taking things seriously unless she must. She is rarely quiet, often mischievous and always looking to have a bit of fun.

Brief History: Lexi was born in a town of five thousand people, in an area that thought preforming arts were something for depressed girls and gay guys. Lexi never felt like she fit in. With her vibrant nature and desire for attention she loved preforming from a young age and felt repressed by the constricting views of her home town.

As she grew up her feeling of being outside the norm increased. When she hit her teens cell phones were all the rage. She hated them. She hated phones in general for how impersonal they were. You couldn't see the persons face. How could you have a conversation with someone and no see their face? The internet was even worse, anyone could say anything and you had to take it as truth because you couldn't tell if they were lying.

High school was awful and wonderful in the same breath. While she was considered weird for not having a cell phone, preferring walking and bikes to cars and generally not being a fan of technology she was bright and fun to be around and had a vast network of friends she spend time with once she could get them away from the addicting LED screen that was their cell phone.

Even with all her friends and her place in life Lexi never got over the feel of not quiet fitting, of being a round peg stuffed ill-fittingly into a square hole. She though maybe it was just the 'teen syndrome' but then again maybe not.

Introduction Post: It was Lexie's birthday when the Carnival came into town. While the rest of her friends wanted to take her to a bar and get her so drunk she couldn't walk she resisted. She'd been looking at the posters put up around town all week, no way was she missing the chance to see the show just because she happened to be turning 21.

The show she saw was more then dazzling or astounding, it changed her. Not once before in her life had she experienced something that reached down into the core of her being and squeezed, changing something inside of her. She went to the show twice more brings friends the second time and the third going on her own. At first the acts had dazzled her stealing her attention but the more she went the more her attention shifted to the clowns and she envied them.

Why can't I do that? She thought as she watched them dance and flirt and act so carefree and happy. Why can't I be like them?

The last night of the carnival Lexie went for the last time feeling a profound sadness. She would miss them, the familiar faces, the atmosphere that made her feel at home, the magic of the performer and the performance.

It was a fluke as she was leaving to see Elizabeth off by herself in the shadows of the big tent. Lexie would never know what came over her. She wasn't known for being shy in the least but she wasn't overly pushy either. But that night she was driven she walked right up to Elizabeth and told her she wanted to be a Clown.

For whatever reason Elizabeth let her try out. She dressed in the burlesque outfits the clowns wore and painted her face and did a dance that had her swirling and moving to the music in a way that would have made her mother turn pink with embarrassing but made Lexie feel wholly alive. She knew she wasn't the best dancer, it was something she did out of love and joy and though she had fun she really wanted to be a part of the circus more then she'd ever desired anything else.

"I'm meant to be here" She said with such certainty it was hard to dispute her. Made up in make up of black in white dressed in a costume cast off from someone else she should have looked silly and out of place, instead she looked like she belonged like she was a piece of there world that till this moment had been lost but was now found.

Likes: Strawberries, thunder storms in the summer, sunbathing, running, dancing, preforming, flirting, men, music, swimming, and getting into a little bit of trouble.
Dislikes: Lemons, boredom, having to sit still, and people that don't listen when she says no.

Cream

First of all, I am going to need to make a few small changes under the Clown section.  I've realized I spoke too vaguely about what they were meant to be, as a few people have came to me believing that they were in fact normal clowns when that is the opposite of what I want.

Senti, you are more than welcome to come up with something.  Any who wish to can, but not all can be accepted.  Though I am beginning to wonder if the 10 person limit I had originally came up with is going to be kept, because I'm starting to think the game may go better with more members.

Further more, for those who have read and responded and those who will read.  I need male characters.  As much as Lawrence loves the idea of an all female circus with him the lone PCed male, I am sure no one else in the game would enjoy it :P.  I want everyone to make the characters that they want instead of what the circus needs, but if you have an inkling for a male chary go ahead and make it.  In all likelihood, it'll go through.

I will follow up to this when the change in the clown section has been made.  Thank you to all who have shown interest and I look forward to working out character and story details :).

Niferbelle

Hmmm. I seem to be playing an awful lot of boys lately but I have an idea for a male character, a hand whose security/general muscle. Will work on writing him up in the next day or so.

Cream

Take your time, Niferbelle.  Look forward to seeing him.

Flower

Quote from: Cream on April 25, 2012, 09:34:02 PM
Further more, for those who have read and responded and those who will read.  I need male characters.  As much as Lawrence loves the idea of an all female circus with him the lone PCed male, I am sure no one else in the game would enjoy it :P.  I want everyone to make the characters that they want instead of what the circus needs, but if you have an inkling for a male chary go ahead and make it.  In all likelihood, it'll go through.

Even though Chloe is a little lady, she would like to see some muscle about the circus as well lol.  :-)

Niferbelle

Senti

I will be honest for the most I am pretty rubbish at playing males. I do have an idea brewing in my head...well a couple.

Cream

Senti, make a female.  I do not want you playing something you're not comfortable with.  Male characters will come, I am not worried.

For everyone who has submitted for approval who I have not gotten to, I likely will this weekend.  I need to be able to sit down and chat with you about a few things, and I will not have time until I have a day off.

Cadavar

Quote from: Senti on April 25, 2012, 07:53:29 AM
I am interested but I am sure you know i dont just jump in, and like to take time to make a character. (that is if ther are still places.)

I am intrigued and have been speaking to Senti about a few ideas. We have an idea for the pair of us to play, so that either of us can post even if the other player is not available. They come from a long line of carnies and they profess to come from before Roman times. There grand mother was bearded lady and their grand father ran a small carnival. The two were born joined at the hip, in more ways than one. They can communicate without saying a word, due to an intuition. They can do acrobats but can turn their hands to anything.

Images will most likely include and their names will be, Charlotte (Lotti) and Catherine (Kate)

Lotti (Senti)

Kate (Cadavar)

This is a working progress :)

bubby

*Watches from the corner and ponders*

I'm mulling as well. As a Hand. For set-up/take-down. Maybe. Could possibly even make a male, but he would be gay if I did.

Cream

I will likely expand upon this later, but for the time being my mind really hasn't woken up so I will make it short.

Senti and Cadavar, your concept is acceptable beyond the hands thing.  Elements of fantasy are acceptable, such as them being able to communicate without words, but that is a bit too far for what I was looking for.  I apologize. 

Bubby, make a male or a female.  As I told Senti, make the one in which you would prefer playing.

Further more, for everyone else.

Female characters are no longer being recruited, unless you are applying for the position of clown.  The circus requires at least 2 female clowns, and at the moment I have one person looking to fill the position.  Bubby, Senti, and Cadavar, if you wish to make a clown that would be fine as well.  As I said, make what you will enjoy playing.

I need male characters, so I hate to do it, but I am restricting creation to those two areas.  In the future second characters may be allowed, and you could make something else then.  We also must take into account people dropping within the game, and if that happens I will be looking to fill there place.

If you do read the story and are dead set on making a female character other than a clown and believe that you can contribute to the story, then PM me with the character concept.  If you are not accepted now, then you will be on the short list to be brought in later.

Senti

The 'girls' being clowns is fine  we are happy to be anything. (The ref hands to anything is just that.  Basically they can  sell, tote tickets on the rides, sell candy floss... and do an act....)  Also the communication bit is fine we dont need that . It was just a thought for some interest and the fact that we chat RL.

Cream

I misunderstood what you meant by the hands part.  I thought you meant that there hands could literally turn into other things, like tentacles and so on.  And the communication bit is fine too :P.  Now that I know what you mean by the characters, they are completely acceptable.  I am off to work, I will be able to keep up with the thread but not respond until this evening.

If the two of you have any questions, leave them in the thread and I'll respond tonight :).

Lemon Lime

Hey everyone. I have been communicating with cream via PM about my creating a female circus hand. Just haven't posted anything here and thought i'd say hello to everyone! :)

I am enjoying everyone's characters so far. Should be fun.
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."
-The Count of Monte Cristo

Lemon Lime's O/O          Lemon Lime's A/A

Senti

I should have more imformation for the 'girls' up tommorow We are certainly working on the old school type 'carnie idea'.  If that works, they are just shy of the 'freakshow' but only just.

Niferbelle

Here he is for approval. I wrote a lot  :-[

Kepler

Name: Isaiah Kepler (just goes by Kepler)
Home State: Illinois
Desired Role: Circus hand (security/general muscle)

Eye Color: Light brown
Height: 6'
Weight: 170#
Physical Description: Kepler is a handsome guy, his features as sculpted as his body, with shaggy black hair that manages to look good whether he's combed it or not, golden brown eyes, and a certain detachment about him that gives you the feeling he's always thinking about something else. He's muscled and hard as a rock but not especially imposing in terms of bulk, leading some steroid cases to think they can take him on but it invariable turns out to be a bad idea when they do. He pays little attention to what he wears, always jeans and whatever shirt he can find that's clean though with the work he does it's not unusual for him to be a little grimy during the course of the day. He has anywhere from heavy stubble to a light beard and moustache, where on the spectrum he falls on any given day not a matter of design so much as when he felt like shaving last.

Personality: he seems to be a kind of walking stereotype of the handsome brooder, with that air of danger about him that inspires the naive (and sometimes not so naive) to fantasies of winning him over and civilizing the beast. It's inevitable that in every town he attracts young women who find him as compelling as the acts but he pays them little mind beyond a polite tolerance. In his experience they think they want to lay down with the wolf but they always complain when he bites. In truth he's more thoughtful then most would give him credit for, lacking in book knowledge, but philosophical in nature, the result of a guilty conscience and a young lifetime of making mistakes. He's taciturn but generally helpful unless he thinks you're shirking your work and trying to get him to do it, and he's very protective of everyone in the circus.

Brief History: Kepler grew up in a working class neighborhood of Chicago, his father a mechanic when he wasn't too drunk to show up for work and his mother a waitress who spent her tips on crank. He had two younger siblings he tried to look out for but by the time he was a teenager he was getting into trouble, in and out of juvie and dropping out of school eventually though he got his GED. When he turned eighteen he figured he couldn't afford to get arrested anymore and he wanted to get the hell out so he joined the Marines. This seemed to be working out well for a couple of years, and he excelled physically in the training and was able to put the mechanical skills he'd picked up from the old man to use as well as further his education in that regard but it wasn't to be. He served a little time for assault and was dishonorably discharged after punching a superior officer who didn't have a sense of humor about getting his nose broken.
     He returned to Chicago, despairing at how things had turned out. He slept with too many women, got in too many fights, worked a series of crappy jobs before settling on becoming a bouncer at a strip club. But one night a particularly obnoxious guy who thought money could buy him anything came in with his buddies and started getting grabby and mouthy when asked to back off. Kepler did his job and grabbed the guy by the collar to show him outside but the jerk was drunk and feeling like he had to front for his pals, and after talking some smack he gave the bouncer a shove and Kepler lost it. Kepler put the guy down before he could draw another breath but didn't stop there, lost in a rage that seemed to come out of nowhere. Three days later the guy died from the beating he took and Kepler was arrested, and while you'd think he was relieved when he was let go on a technicality, that wasn't the case. Kepler left Chicago once he was freed and headed downstate, his conscience finally having taken all it could, and it was there he found the Circus.
     He's been with the Circus for about a year now, acting as security when needed and generally filling in wherever needed. His mechanical skills come in handy keeping the equipment running and well maintained. He's found a refuge here that seems to give him some sense of purpose and has no desire to rejoin the rest of the world again. Been there, done that, and fucked it up royally.

Introduction Post: It's not your goddamned job, not here, not now. These people should have their own bastard to take care of this shit. Watch the damned show.

It was the second night Kepler had been to the circus. It was a fluke he'd found it the first time. He'd just been passing through and he was just sick enough of the road and his thoughts to take any sort of distraction he could get that didn't involve a bottle of booze or a local floozy and what he'd seen here had blown him away. He was nothing but a pretty face, a hard fist, a bad temper, and a whole lot of nothing but these people...they were putting something out there in the world. They were creating beauty. So he'd returned the second night rather than moving on, a quiet but appreciative watcher in the stands, but tonight serenity was not to be thanks to the three hundred pound asshole sitting across the aisle.

Some of the clowns had come up to engage the crowd and one in particular...a lovely, willowy young woman...seemed to have gotten the bald, portly biker's attention and he was trying to 'convince' her not to move on, mainly by grabbing at her. Kepler tried to mind his own business, knowing it couldn't be the first time this had happened and that they had to have somebody assigned to handle it. But nobody was showing up and the girl and the other clowns were getting nervous and long about the time the fat guy put his hand on the girl's ass, Kepler'd had enough. He was across the aisle in a flash, grabbing a handful of shirt and cocking his fist back, putting the asshole down in one punch despite his size.

"If you don't think I'd kill you for less you're wrong," Kepler growled, bending over him, fist at the ready again. "Get the hell out of here."

He was relieved when the biker did just that, scrambling to his feet in ungainly fashion and waddling to the nearest exit. Kepler looked around, realizing he'd become part of the show as everybody from the clowns to the crowds to the ringmaster...what was her name again? Elizabeth?...seemed to be staring at him. He sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair.

"Sorry about that miss," he mumbled to the clown and after hesitating just another moment, decided to leave before he got kicked out or the cops came. It's not like he belonged in a place like this anyway. He stepped outside and got a few strides away before he heard someone calling and turned to look.

“Hey, asshole.” She called out to the man who had just fixed a situation he had absolutely no right fixing.  The man that she had formally used to deal with the crowd had had a late night drinking.  No, fix that, a late morning drinking.  He had managed to show up to the big tent, but when she tried to get him off his stool to go and interrupt the problem he fell back to the floor.  Later that week he would find himself thrown off the train into a lively river.  None the less, the man who had dealt with the problem turned around.  She anticipated that, in all likelihood he expected a pissed off biker bitch.

Elizabeth walked up to him.  She stopped a few feet in front of him and looked him up and down.  She smiled, and without any fear spoke. “You are beautiful, that is certain.” She took a step forward, and moved her hand to the fist that had been used as a weapon.  Her fingers ran over his knuckles, with intentions to hurt. “But do me a favor?  The next time you see one of my clowns, or anyone in this circus, get violated or hurt you react quicker?”  Elizabeth smiled and took a step forward.  She leaned up to kiss him, before she turned around and began to walk away.

She stopped just before the canvas doors, and turned around to look at the man.  Now she more or less looked irritated.  “Are you coming or not?  The last bastard who was my muscle got drunk last night and passed out when I told him to fix the situation.  You fixed it.  You’ll be paid well and get to beat anyones ass who violates my circuses talent.” Elizabeth didn’t wait for him to respond.  She walked into the big tent, and began her show.

It was a hell of a pitch...a kiss from a classy woman, a promise of money, a way out of the mess he'd made of his life, and even more, the feeling, however brief, that he'd made something better...it went without saying, he followed her in.

Likes: Living in the moment, friends with benefits, time to think, Mexican food, fixing things
Dislikes: The past, unruly crowds, teases, lazy people, drunks

Cream

Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with for the girls :).

I will read through yours in a moment Nifer, but detail is a wonderful thing in my book.

Wargtass

Sending you one one via PM. Thought that would be best since I took some liberties and am applying for a true old timer. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I had creating the old bugger.  ;D
O/O

Cream

Not a problem, War.  Liberties can be dealt with, as long as they conform to my idea.  And old timer means a lot of back tracking between us, so be ready for that :).

Flower

Quote from: Niferbelle on April 26, 2012, 12:27:26 AM
*flexes for DF*

-whistles in approval-  ;D

Everyone's character looks awesome in my opinion. We are going to make a hell of a circus. xD

Niferbelle

*takes a bow* I agree, interesting premise, interesting characters!

Flower

I was pleased when I saw your charrie is from Chicago. I love the windy city. <3

Niferbelle

I love Chicago too! And it's only about three hours away so wheee!

Senti

Should have something up for cadavar and I today. He trusts me ....silly man.

Senti

Still working on it....trust me no naughty hands.

Just been flicking trough a book about 'freaks' that I read years ago...Goodness I try to some research :)

Cadavar

Quote from: Senti on April 27, 2012, 02:25:08 AM
Should have something up for cadavar and I today. He trusts me ....silly man.

of course i trust you ;)

no puppets ok?

Senti

Cream

I have the evening off so I should be able to work on finishing the approval process for those who have been waiting.  You should start hearing from me from around 630 est on =)

Senti

It may be tommorow when the two are finished.

Senti is a tired puppet.

bubby

I'm going to back out of starting this game. Apologies, but I'm just way too confused to even begin to attempt a char.

Flower

Perfectly fine, Bubby. :)

If you would ever like for those details, which are confusing you, to be made clear, feel free to message Cream since he loves answering questions.

Senti

I'll be posting what I have written to Cadavar so he can check through it. I am sure he wont mind but I like to keep things straight as it were.

Lemon Lime

Mariana I. Nicholas

Name: Mariana I. Nicholas
Home State: Nebraska
Desired Role: Circus Hand
Place of Hierarchy: New Talent

Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 129lbs
Physical Description:  Long, lean, freckled, and lanky. Quite thin but there is muscle that hides underneath it all. A few scars here and there from life and her hands and feet are callused and speak to her history of being a hard hands-on worker.

Personality: A little quiet but when she speaks it’s quite to the point. She is tough and honest seeing no point in beating around the bush or lying. It just complicates things and often leaves her friendless. Always had a hard time finding people she fit in with besides her family who understood her and her oddness. Very tough, emotionally and physically, knows how to hold her own in a fight and it takes a lot to make her emotionally upset. Often stares off into space thinking, day dreaming, and always seems to be creating something in her head.

Brief History:
Mariana was born and raised in Nebraska. Her family wasn’t rich but they were not poor either, they made what they could and worked hard for every penny. Her father owned a garage and fixed any machine you brought in that needed fixin’. Her three older brothers also worked in the shop and her mother had done most of the paper work and tax stuff that everyone seemed to forget about. She did anyways until she was in a car accident and passed away when Mariana was five. From then on it was just her and the four men in her life.

Her mom, before she passed, had enrolled her in a youngsters gymnastics program thinking it would be a fun after school activity – only to find out her daughter was talented and in love with it. She came from a family of athletes but Mariana was not going to be joining the local baseball or football teams anytime soon like her father or brothers had – she was a local gymnastics star instead. At first it was just fun and something she was good at, then as she got older and better it grew into something she could do at a national level, and winning became a huge goal. She worked for her father before school and anytime she wasn’t training to help pay for gym costs, training, and she did everything she could to pay for it herself. She even dropped out of school when she was 15 got her GED that year so she could work to help pay. She was extremely smart and knew if gymnastics didn’t work, college was an option – and her family supported her, two of her brothers getting football scholarships she had heard of some for gymnastics and thought the stars were the limit. Until a qualifying meet to get to regionals went all wrong.

At the time she was 17 and was all but guaranteed a medal and to move on and after that it was Nationals. Until the vault. She was tall, unlike many gymnasts who were small and muscular she was a taffy pulled version of them. The vault was to be adjusted slightly to compensate for her height, it was all regulation. It wasn’t and when she hit the spring board and her hands went to launch her into the air her hands and fingers slipped off causing her to fly to the ground breaking her left wrist, a few fingers, right ankle, nose and tweaking her neck. Nothing so severe where she’d be in hospitals forever, but enough to end her career as a gymnast.

From then on she spent time at physical therapy and working for her dad, fixing things, something she had quite the knack for. Flips, tricks, and fixing internal combustion engines – among other things. Eventually she grew tired of doing the same things and decided if gymnastics was not going to let her travel, she’d just do it on her own, maybe go to college if she found one she liked and when she was done exploring. So on her 18th birthday she gathered her essentials, all the money she had and bought a train ticket out of there. Her dad didn’t want her to leave but like her mother she was a rather independent woman she always had a home to come back to and at that point had 2 brothers in parts of the country she could stay with. She never went back and eight years later she was still on her own, making her way through the U.S. sometimes barely scraping by. She found new interests – like being a contortionist and new ways to make money. Always the thinker and innovator she lived on the road the thought of settling down anywhere made her nauseated. But she didn’t know how long “fixing things for cash” or performing at night clubs by twisting herself into a pretzel would keep working. Her joints and old injuries were hurting and people didn’t always trust a random girl to get their machines working again. How long this would last started to worry her greatly.

Introduction Post:
Mariana’s day had started like any other day in a new place. Lots of walking around, checking out the lay of the land and then searching out the cheapest motel, which was usually at the edge of the city in a less than reputable area. On her walk through she had seen multiple posters for a circus, but the posters were magnificent. Not the usual hokey picture of a man with a whip, a lion, and some random dancing horses. This was different, and had piqued her interest by more than a little.

She had found her motel for later and a bus schedule and decided to make her way towards this circus. There were enough posters and flyers to suggest a large number of people would in attendance and if so maybe one of those fine patrons would like to provide her with some work, or cash. At minimum a ride back into town – it was a bit of a risk but that’s what she lived for these days – the fact that anything could happen while she traveled the road. It took a few buses and a considerable amount of walking but she made it there and was pleased with what she saw.

It was huge and loads of people were driving up and making their way in. She straightened up her jeans and button up shirt, fixed her hair a bit and pulled her cardboard sign out. She made her way towards the side, not too close to the entrance but not too far away from the crowd. She stood there with a bit of a smile, her duffle bag on the ground next to her, backpack on her back and a sign that read, “Will fix stuff for food”. On the other side it said “Will work for food” she switched it back and forth from time to time, also this way if she held it right people in both directions would see it. The dirty brunette in suspenders stood there, hoping to strike gold.

~

Of all the horrors that could occur in a circus, this was likely the worst that hers could endure.  Her acts were always absolutely flawless, and even if they made a mistake the spirit that flowed through them got them through it.  But there were certain elements of the circus that could not be controlled, no matter how hard you tried.  One issue with travelling by train was that there were curves, and different parts of the circus shifted inside of the train.  Thus far it hadn’t effected much beyond a bit of motion sickness.

This time it had put a severe kink in her show.  One of her spirit gifted acts, Chloe, depended upon her equipment to work properly for her show to work.  Everything had been working well, the landing stage had been assembled forty feet above the floor.  The take off stage was being built, and the last part of the wooden scalding had a fault.  The idiotic builder hadn’t thought anything of it and had began building the top part of the stage.  Where Chloe would stand.  And one of the wooden bars broke, the man(Her carpenter) fell ten feet to the stage below and broke his arm.  She was nearly in a state of panic, she had an hour and no one to assemble the stage.  She had to go outside, for the simple fact she was going to break the carpenters other arm if she stayed any longer.

She walked through the crowd until she came across a woman who appeared as though she as homeless.  She went to look away when out of the corner of her eye she caught the sigh. “Will fix stuff for food.”  The Ring Mistress turned towards the girl and stood in front of her.  She lowered her hand, and beckoned the girl to her feet. “Up, up.  My trapeze stage needs fixed or I am screwed for one of my acts, you had better know carpentry or I am going to break your other arm.” In her state she didn’t differentiate between one possible carpenter to hers.  She was just furious.  She turned around and began towards the tent, looking over her shoulder to yell out. “Do it and you’ll have a job.”  She never looked back.  People tended to follow Elizabeth when she asked them.

~

The night had been uneventful; no one really looked at her and if they did it was either with some contempt or pity. One person gave her a dollar and she just hoped that maybe there would be better luck after the show. Her luck seemed to change quickly as a rather flustered woman came to her, had her stand and offered her work. No names were exchanged just asked to fix a stage and a small threat. The rather beautiful woman was in charge or in a higher up of some kind and Mariana quickly gathered her bags and followed her inside the tent.

She was pointed at the problem and it was quite evident and immediately her mind went to work and she couldn’t deny that she could have built it better. She was pulled from her cocky ponderings a moment when she was offered a job if she fixed it. She wasn’t 100% sure what that meant but if anything she’d probably get some money and food out of it all. She pulled her tool belt out of her backpack, clipping it around her hips and climbing the ladder up to the platform. She got to the platform and tried to anchor herself underneath it to fix the supports. She went to work and as quickly as she could not only fixed the platform but made improvements. Not by much but enough where she was proud of it. With more time she’d re-do it entirely but this was sufficient, and more importantly – safe.

Climbing down she wiped the sweat from her brow and checked the time on her pocket watch. She jogged over to the other platform and made similar adjustments making it safer, and far more stable. Shimmying back down she found the woman that had recruited her.
“So, I finished and made a few adjustments to both platforms… it’s much safer now. With some time they could be better… But for now I’m sure you will be pleased with my work.”
She didn’t want to sit there and demand a job now but her curiosity and desire for a real work was getting to her.
“Um, about that job you spoke of…”

Likes: engineering, hard work, cars, contorting, challenges, traveling, honesty, gymnastics, and integrity.
Dislikes: liars, closed-mindedness, incompetence, whining, being ungrateful.

Fixed! Thank's DF :)
"And now, farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked."

Flower

You have this:
floatright][img height=200]http://[url=http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/mh0916/girlinsuspenders.jpg]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/mh0916/girlinsuspenders.jpg[/url][/img][/float]

It needs to look like this:
[float=right][img height=200]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/mh0916/girlinsuspenders.jpg[/img][/float]

Lemon Lime

Thank you. Somehow I always mess up the code - I really don't know how I do it. lol

and to Niferbelle I'm going to have a hard time not calling Kepler, Johannes. :P Also, very yummy picture.

Flower

Not a problem lol. It just takes some practice. It will go back to its larger size if you click on it, by the way. :)

Niferbelle

Quote from: Lemon Lime on April 28, 2012, 09:30:15 AM
Thank you. Somehow I always mess up the code - I really don't know how I do it. lol

and to Niferbelle I'm going to have a hard time not calling Kepler, Johannes. :P Also, very yummy picture.

Yeah, I figured if I were going to play another dude, I wanted him to be someone you could sink your teeth into *grin* Johannes kep[ler is really fascinating to me so actually he is the reason I picked the name, however unlikely it may seem in relation to this character.

I left my picture too big  :-[ I can size it down for the future though.

Flower

I wouldn't worry about it, Nifer. It can be easily fixed with code once the pictures are moved from this thread to the actual character thread. :)

Cream

All profiles within this thread thus far have been approved. 

Julietta, next time you get a chance message me on Yahoo.  And Warg, I hope to be able to delve back into your story and write counterpoints to establish the history.  I am not sure when I will be able to finish it, but with the exception of a few possible changes you're accepted as well.

If I have overlooked anything, everyone can feel free to PM me at any given time with questions/concerns.

As for other news, I plan on opening a few more threads.  I hope to at least have the OOC one up this evening, so that chatter can take place there. 

And one more note.  This game will be placed within Extreme.  The reasoning is simple, I would rather have it in a thread where we will not have to worry about what we do within the game.  I like the freedom that extreme brings, even if the game itself never needs that freedom.   

Cream

Elias

Is this still open? I am very intrigued with the unique setting and would be happy to offer a character to the bunch. I have a strong man I would like to give a go with, traditional I know but I think I can give the zing necessary for the part.  ;D

Flower

Yes, this game is still open. Feel free to make a male character for the circus. All of the material you need is located in the first three posts. Can't wait to see your character sheet. :)

Cream

Elias

Name: Dmitry Mavlov
Home State: Georgia (The country)
Desired Role: Act (Strong man) This character could also start as a hand and grow into the act position.
Place of Hierarchy: New talent?
Height: 6'8
Weight: 280 pounds

Physical Description: A monstrous man, the best word to initially describe his demeanor is brutal his eyes are cold and appear untouched by emotion his outfits if not on stage are biker jackets and ripped up jeans. His appearance is handsomly rugged and a sort of animal magnetism surrounds him.

Personality:He is a man of actions not words, born in Georgia just outside Russia his American though passable is not overly comfortable, he has lived an incredibly brutal life quick to violence, and incredibly strong hes known for having trouble following him without remorse. He makes a point of allowing opponents to come for him and than takes near glee in doing physical harm.

He does however have a knack for entertainment thanks to his former career, he could get a crowds reaction, furthermore he is on occasion charismatic, his animal temperament draws both sexes and allows him to quickly be involved with groups around him, standing out among those around him.

Brief History: born into a poor family, in a poor country He began day labor at the age of nine. His only luck fell on his incredibly strong body. He did not break under this incredibly exhaustive work, but it turned him into what he had become a massive creature of muscle and dirt. His rugged look, combined with near supernatural strength brought the attention of the Russian mafia which ran rampant across the country.

He was offered a chance to make a great deal of money as a cage fighter. Forced into small quarters for the entertainment of others he put his fists into other men without remorse. One after another he took down those who entered the ring with him. It was not until out of the ring he was approached by a high level Russian looking for him to take a fall that things turned south.

He refused with violence, placing the Russian hot shot into the hospital with broken ribs, and a shattered jaw. His mistake was not killing this man who when he awoke and could speak ordered his death. Forcing Dmitry to retreat out of the country, a former lover springing a ticket to America. He made it only to find himself in a country who’s language he had learned from television (Poorly) And with whom he knew no one. No ability to get a job not even able to do the most basic kind of labor and any wrong step inevitably would send him back to Georgia and into the waiting arms of the Russians... Television had taught him one thing however, a circus was the place for those who did not wish to be found. A bizarre sanctuary to Americans but to him it seemed perfectly logical, he searched for exactly that...

Introduction Post: “I know it around here somewhere.” Grunted the Georgian cage fighter. Master of the underground circuit to this? He couldn't stand this country. No work, fear of deportation and he could smell them, filthy Russian mongrels with their guns and their long dead humanity... He was an animal searching for that escape... The circus, as a child he had peered into one shop that always showed American television. Through the thick iron bars he had watched as Croc from batman escaped to a circus, that was one example of hundreds... It was a place for the strange to disappear.

The Georgian placed his hands in his pockets and walked into the large city. It was than his luck finally changed four months and finally he had heard about the first moving circus... He took the pamphlet an animal grin took his lips and he followed directions even spending the last of his money to buy a ticket.

Looking around it was everything he had imagined, “I am saved.” He said in his native Georgian. He disappeared within to watch the shows focused on this fire woman I must see her, he thought. It looked... Exciting. He had not been excited since the last time he was in that ring. Perhaps she was as savage as him?

Likes: Fighting, Violence, Entertaining, High quality Russian Vodka, strong women.
Dislikes: Cowardice, Russians, Those who make fun of his accent, being mistaken for Russian.

Elias

Flower

Hiro Protagon

Senti

Name: Lottie  Stewart
Desired Role: Burlesque Dancers
Hair Color: Red haired
Eye Color:
Green

Physical Description: The most notable physical trait about Charlotte is that she is a conjoined. She is bound together with her identical sister by the hip. Despite this, she is still considered very attractive. Her long hair is reddish auburn in color. There is always a friendly smile on her face though during her performances it turns beguiling. Lottie tends to dress in an unassuming way when not performing in front of a crowd. However, obviously, when working her clothing is appropriate for the sensual setting, and she is often in an identical costumes to her sister. They do not mind pushing the limits with their clothing so often times it is viewed as risqué. Like her sister, Lottie's body is slim due to her lifestyle as a dance. She is also flexible in many different and interesting ways.

Personality:Lottie is a little quieter than her sister Kate. She enjoys sewing and reading in her spare time. Of course, the carnival is her life  and her spirit. However, when her costume comes off, she would rather not engage in some of the more unseemly parts of the circus activities. When the costume is on, the girl is as confident as her sister. Lottie is the more submissive of the sisters or at least appears to be so she will often end up joining in some of the pursuits with Kate. Though not a drinker, when one is joined to a sister that likes a few drinks she cannot help but get a little tipsy. Lottie will join in with the fun, but really she prefers quieter times when she and Catherine are alone.

One thing both agree on is that they can be a little suspicious of men. Especially the men interested in the two for one deal. For indeed, they have had many offers.

Brief History:

The twins come from a very long like of carnies. It is said, though is likely just a story, their family has been in the business since before Rome. If one is to believe these stories, some of them even entertained some of the Caesars. Whatever the truth or lack of in the matter, it does make for interesting stories. Indeed, if there is truth in the matter, they do have some marginally famous ancestors in the family line. Indeed, their grandmother was a bearded lady of some repute. Their great grandfather had been a ringmaster himself and owned a small circus of his own.

However, due to his rather addictive nature. Love for both gambling and the sauce lead to the slow demise of the circus and carnivals in general for their family, and soon he was forced to sell it.  This meant that the family became more fragmented, and over the years this has continued to happen to a greater degree.

The twins' mother died in childbirth, and their father for a time went off the rails so they were brought up by grandmother. She personally considered them a gift from Carna so she refused what would have been a simple operation to separate their bodies. The twins did not mind being joined as they had never known anything different.

The two fitted into carnival life easily, even though the idea of ‘freaks’ was becoming distasteful to many of the more politically correct. From a young age, they worked many roles in a number of different circuses. The two were usually ticket touts and worked on some of the side attractions. All the time, their grandmother was working in various ways so the two would find an act of interest over and above the fact that they were conjoined twins. 

So they were trained hard and became quite the gymnasts performing in a most interesting fashion. Their moves always needed to be perfectly timed, whether it was this, or their obvious symbiotic nature, the two seemed to move fluidly together. Also, they appeared to be able to communicate in many ways without need for words. They were also taught by their grandmother in the art of the burlesque entertainment

With the death of grandmother and  father, that was little interested anymore. Finally, they found a far more normal lifestyle and family. Soon Kate and Lottie decided it was time to look for something a little larger than they were used to. The twins put out feelers into finding somewhere and indeed found that which they might be looking for.

Cirque De Sang Et De Flammes: Circus Of Blood And Fire

Introduction Post:

Still dressed in their black clothing, Catherine and Charlotte stood with many of their friends and colleagues along with some of their family members. Yes, it is time to watch the final embers of the trailer burn. The occasional flickering flame mirrored the two girls' red hair even more so as the sun began to melt into the ever darkening skies. Slowly, the other mourners turned and walked away after saying their final goodbyes so that they might talk into the night and reminisce about the fine and grand old lady. The woman had been the true back bone of the family, and certainly she remain strong to the spirit of the carnival right up until the very end of her life.

The twins looked one last time of the old poster of the woman when she had been a performer. Even then with her beard, there had many a young men that tried to court and woo her, both other carnies and even a few that were not. They said goodbye silently kissed the poster and then laid it to rest in the glowing embers. The paper caught alight with a bright flare and then was gone. Just as grandmother had finally joined her husband.

Yes, Lottie and Kate would spend the night there and in the first light of morning. When the birds sang their chorus, the two knelt down and wiped the ashes upon their faces before joining the other mourners. Or perhaps they might be revelers. For though a sad occasion, all wished to celebrate the great life that they had known. So the tales and songs as well as the drinking continued. Finally, this came to an end so decisions had to be made as now they were no longer tied to this particular small circus because of duty and love the twins. After some discussion, they decided then to move on and find another circus or carnival better suited for their talents.

The girls had many contacts. They started to slowly put out the word that they were looking for work. At first, they took the usual totting jobs that one started with until they were able to get more information on one place that offered so much for their true potential. After further travel and speaking to certain interesting contacts and friends, eventually the two found their way to the destination that they hoped for, yes that Circus …

Cirque De Sang Et De Flammes   -

All it took now was them to impress the ring mistress.

Likes: singing, dancing, her twin, a glass of fine wine and the occasional illicit smoke, card games, sewing, reading, forget me not’s, and crunchy apples
Dislikes: Prejudice, lies, snobbery, laziness, those that don’t pull there own weight and rude and uncouth behaviour.

Flower

Yays for new charries! I'm sure Cream will be on a little later to read through them. :)

On another note, there is still room for more male characters. This RP has not started as of yet so it is the perfect time to join on board. Also, a small change has been added to one of the first three post about post length.

Cadavar

Name: Kate  Stewart 
Desired Role: Burlesque Dances
Hair Color: Red haired

Physical Description:

The most notable physical trait about Kate is that she is a conjoined twin. She is bound together with her identical sister by the hip. Despite this, she is still considered very attractive. Out of the two, she is more outgoing an fashionable in he attire. She tends to wear makeup even when not on the stage. There is always a friendly smile on her face even though off stage it is slightly more alluring. When working her clothing is appropriate for the sensual setting, and she is often in an identical costumes to her sister. They do not mind pushing the limits with their clothing so often times it is viewed as risqué. Like her sister, Lottie's body is slim due to her lifestyle as a dance. She is also flexible in many different and interesting ways

Personality:
Kate certainly enjoys a drink or two and a party, and she is somewhat more veracious than her sister. She is the more dominant and outgoing twin. She is extremely protective of Lottie and woe betides any that upset her. Indeed, Kate seems a little less sensitive than Lottie, and she can bear the brunt of unkindness easier. She also seems to have a better sense of humour and take life less seriously. However, as much as she prefers a more lively life, she also feels the need to spend quiet nights reading. However, her sewing is not quite up to scratch thus she leaves that alone.

One thing both agree on they can be a little suspicious of men especially the ones that are interested in the two for one deal. For indeed, they have had many offers.

Brief History:
The twins come from a very long like of carnies. It is said, though is likely just a story, their family has been in the business since before Rome. If one is to believe these stories, some of them even entertained some of the Caesars. Whatever the truth or lack of in the matter, it does make for interesting stories. Indeed, if there is truth in the matter, they do have some marginally famous ancestors in the family line. Indeed, their grandmother was a bearded lady of some repute. Their great grandfather had been a ringmaster himself and owned a small circus of his own.

However, due to his rather addictive nature. Love for both gambling and the sauce lead to the slow demise of the circus and carnivals in general for their family, and soon he was forced to sell it.  This meant that the family became more fragmented, and over the years this has continued to happen to a greater degree.

The twins' mother died in childbirth, and their father for a time went off the rails so they were brought up by grandmother. She personally considered them a gift from Carna so she refused what would have been a simple operation to separate their bodies. The twins did not mind being joined as they had never known anything different.

The two fitted into carnival life easily, even though the idea of ‘freaks’ was becoming distasteful to many of the more politically correct. From a young age, they worked many roles in a number of different circuses. The two were usually ticket touts and worked on some of the side attractions. All the time, their grandmother was working in various ways so the two would find an act of interest over and above the fact that they were conjoined twins. 

So they were trained hard and became quite the gymnasts performing in a most interesting fashion. Their moves always needed to be perfectly timed, whether it was this, or their obvious symbiotic nature, the two seemed to move fluidly together. Also, they appeared to be able to communicate in many ways without need for words. They were also taught by their grandmother in the art of the burlesque entertainment

With the death of grandmother and  father, that was little interested anymore. Finally, they found a far more normal lifestyle and family. Soon Kate and Lottie decided it was time to look for something a little larger than they were used to. The twins put out feelers into finding somewhere and indeed found that which they might be looking for.

Cirque De Sang Et De Flammes: Circus Of Blood And Fire

Introduction Post:
Still dressed in their black clothing, Catherine and Charlotte stood with many of their friends and colleagues along with some of their family members. Yes, it is time to watch the final embers of the trailer burn. The occasional flickering flame mirrored the two girls' red hair even more so as the sun began to melt into the ever darkening skies. Slowly, the other mourners turned and walked away after saying their final goodbyes so that they might talk into the night and reminisce about the fine and grand old lady. The woman had been the true back bone of the family, and certainly she remain strong to the spirit of the carnival right up until the very end of her life.

The twins looked one last time of the old poster of the woman when she had been a performer. Even then with her beard, there had many a young men that tried to court and woo her, both other carnies and even a few that were not. They said goodbye silently kissed the poster and then laid it to rest in the glowing embers. The paper caught alight with a bright flare and then was gone. Just as grandmother had finally joined her husband.

Yes, Lottie and Kate would spend the night there and in the first light of morning. When the birds sang their chorus, the two knelt down and wiped the ashes upon their faces before joining the other mourners. Or perhaps they might be revelers. For though a sad occasion, all wished to celebrate the great life that they had known. So the tales and songs as well as the drinking continued. Finally, this came to an end so decisions had to be made as now they were no longer tied to this particular small circus because of duty and love the twins. After some discussion, they decided then to move on and find another circus or carnival better suited for their talents.

The girls had many contacts. They started to slowly put out the word that they were looking for work. At first, they took the usual totting jobs that one started with until they were able to get more information on one place that offered so much for their true potential. After further travel and speaking to certain interesting contacts and friends, eventually the two found their way to the destination that they hoped for, yes that Circus …

Cirque De Sang Et De Flammes   -

All it took now was them to impress the ring mistress.

Likes: singing, dancing, a shot or two of good whiskey the occasional smoke on a pipe, her twin, a good party, ice cream, daisies

Dislikes: prejudice, lies, apples, snobbery, those that don’t pull their own weight

Flower

Still in need of male characters either as an act, clown, or circus hand. :)

DomShark

Kinky the Klown
Name: Keith Hunter Alias: "Kinky the Klown"
Home State: New Jersey
Desired Role: Clown/Knife Thrower/Production Designer!!! (Select Acts)
Place of Hierarchy: Elizabeth's talent.

Hair Color: Naturally brown, but he dyes it more often than he showers.
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 193 lbs.
Physical Description:  Tall, lean and tattooed all over. That is Kinky the Klown! He is almost never seen out of makeup, though he's notorious for not caring if the design becomes smudged. He's always in search of the next tattoo or scar to remind him of where he's been and how far he's come. His "Tribal" view of body modification has left various scars, holes and artwork across his flesh.

Personality: Outgoing and playful when in front of an audience, and always flirtatious. Behind the paint and good natured jokes, Kinky has a very dark side that others learn to fear and or avoid. When he's drunk, it's common knowledge that he blacks out and becomes something of an animal, steer clear. He takes almost nothing seriously, often referring to death as the ultimate punch line. The only thing that he does take seriously is of course the circus. It's his task to ensure that things run smoothly, transitions, ad libs, focus pulls, he's a master of distraction. When something that the audience isn't meant to see takes place, it's Kinky's job to make certain that all eyes are on him and his contemporaries. Pain and violence are also jokes to him, as he's never been ashamed to be the only one laughing.

Brief History: Keith Hunter was still very young when his parents were killed in a car accident. Too young to have retained any lasting memories of either of them, in truth, he could scarcely remember their faces outside of picture frames. His earliest memory was of their funeral, as they were both being lowered into the ground. Everyone all around him, friends and relatives, all of them were crying. Keith wasn't crying though, he was laughing.

Even as a young boy, Keith knew it was wrong, his parents were dead, he should be miserable, not falling from his seat with laughter. Everyone was looking at him with evil eyes, but that only made him laugh that much harder. Did they really think that their grief was more real than his, just because he expressed it differently? When would it end? There was nothing he could do to quell the laughter, not with that goofy bearded blowhard bagpipe player tooting away. "Oh Danny boy! The pipes, the pipes are calling." He was still rolling around the grass after the hole was filled in and everyone had left. Everyone except one, "Carolyn Brooks, Social Services".

His first time in therapy had felt like more of a joke than the funeral had, the old tweed coated douche, with his salt and pepper beard and suede elbow pads. "Tell me about your parents." "They're dead." That was all Keith told him before he lost himself to the laughter, that should have been enough, what else did he want to know? It wasn't like rehashing the cruel fate of nature would ever bring them back, nothing would. That much, Keith understood with a crystal clarity.

The shrink, however, didn't get it. Keith was incarcerated for the first time then, in a mental health facility for most of his adolescence. As he grew, he grew impatient with the tedious rules and regulations and even the drugs grew tiresome. For the first time he wanted something more than what he had. He wanted freedom.

It was just a lucky coincidence that the circus happened to be in town when he made his escape. He remains at large, but clown paint does wonders to keep one's identity hidden.

Introduction Post: The heavy boots made a loud clicking sound as Kinky flipped the plastic tabs closed. He was already in full costume and makeup, in spite of the fact that the main tent was still being set up. All around, the sounds of hammers and bawdy voices rang out as the clown pushed off of the chair and struggled for a moment to balance on the arc stilts. He was wearing bright purple suspenders that seemed to be made of colorful sequins in such mass that whatever fabric they were made of was completely hidden, but no shirt under them. His pants were lime green and baggy in a style made famous by M.C. Hammer, made of a reflective, shimmery material that held the light.

After the first few hesitant steps, Kink took his first practice bounce, flailing his arms at his sides while he soared up, several feet off the ground after just a tentative hop. When he landed, the stilts bent like a bow and launched him back up, more sure of his balance, high enough for a full grown man to run under before he was falling again.

"Woo! Now we're cooking." Kinky wailed over the growing sound of ambient clatter. "Let me get the setups for the intro sequence. I want to make sure I can perch from a backflip."

Some of the stage hands who were close by groaned, Kinky was infamous for his temper and no one was in the mood to deal with his demanding fastidiousness that he applied to his staging. The task was quickly delegated to the newest techs who begrudgingly set up three small platforms, taking care to stake them deep into the dirt floor around the wide bases.

Each of the three columns was painted green with leaf stencils painted around each. At the top there was a round platform, each painted like a different colored flower. Kinky was laughing as he bounded over in long, bouncing strides.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! They look great, now back up a bit, let me try to land on one." Kinky shouted at the techs, already planting both stilts and beginning a front flip that ended in an awkward landing on the tallest platform. Kink took a long moment, flailing his arms and moving his sculpted core to rise up to standing. "That was close... Rig! Let me get a green wash down here."

Once Kink had his balance again, he stared down at the small platform stroking his chin. He'd hardly stuck the landing and it was only going to be more difficult when each of these platforms was occupied by a person in floral costume. He gave a few test leaps on the three foot platform while he was waiting for his light, but from somewhere up above, one of the techs called down to him.

"Look, clown! We're still wiring the grid up here. Besides that, you know how Elizabeth feels about colored lights." Some tech who was perched precariously along a catwalk barked. "I'll bring up the fronts and dim out the backs once we get-"

The technician was interrupted by a sharp electrical pop and a shower of sparks somewhere in the rafters, followed by the hum of generators and a wash of bright light. Kink took a moment to bask in their glow, their warmth, their delicious embrace. He waited for the tech to do as he'd promised, bringing up the spots to frame the painted columns at center stage. Once that was done he took a few warm up hops before bounding backward off the tiny platform into a high, sweeping backflip with his arms outstretched at his side, imagining the fluttering of the silken wings of his butterfly costume.

His stilts hit the ground and he bounded upward, spreading his legs in a wide split, made wider by the stilts before planting and bounding up to the next platform. He landed much easier this time. The lights helped.

"Yeah, that's better. Can we set those like that and maybe throw some woodland gobos on the outer half?" Kink called up to the rigging. "Let's get some shadows on this."

"There's plenty of time for all this later!" The same tech from before called back. "Let us finish, then we'll set your lights."

"Don't you make me come up there!" Kink wailed in reply, it wouldn't be the first time he'd scaled the rafters in pursuit of an uncooperative tech. The last instance had ended badly for everyone, the tech who was thrown from the rigging and Kink as well who had to endure Elizabeth's wrath for the deed. It was a bluff, this time. But the tech had no desire to find out the hard way. Slender, metal cutouts were slid into the appropriate lights, casting long shadows and blending leaf shaped beams with the other lights, creating the illusion of some unseen overhead canopy. "Was that so hard?" Kink asked at last, bounding off the platform in a front flip this time and landing without so much as a momentary loss of balance.

Confident that the lights were in place, Kink bounced in place a few times, pondering the vignette that would follow this one in sequence.

"The cue to bring back the floor lights will be when the bee stings the butterfly. Short blackout, fade up on all." Kink continued, giving more unwanted guidance to the capable techs. "Now, to check on the costumes."

Kink bounded toward the back of the tent, heading for wardrobe. He'd become so comfortable in the stilts that he forgot he was wearing them.

Likes: Scotch, Cuban cigars, laughter, applause, blood, scars, piercings, tattoos, standing ovations, cash, good times, freedom, anonymity.
Dislikes: Rules, cages, fire, serious faces, police, judges, therapists.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

Flower

Looking forward to see what you come up with for a male clown. Just remember its as much about plot than sexual activities. Lol, I, personally, would like to know how he received that name. :)

DomShark

That took WAY longer than I planned and I'm still not finished...  :-\

I'm assuming that this is an Adult Circus... I might need to edit some if not. I figured we had the "Fire" side pretty well covered, so I wanted someone who would have artistic use for "Blood". Yes? Hope it works.
I've been in a rut lately, but I'm working on catching up. Sorry for any delay.

Cream

We are still in need of an Animal Trainer, as it's a rather vital act to the story.  If you wish for this role, feel free to post a sheet here or PM me.  I prefer the PM, but to each their own.

Flower

Still in need of an animal handler along with some more male characters. If you want to get a grasp of some of the characters, here is the relationship thread.

This is a game in which you would be able to be a very opened mind clown but keep in mind its not a traditional clown with pies and bad make up. Or perhaps your character can be the feline cat master. A beast master. There are lots of opportunities in the circus.

Cream

Also worth noting, there is going to be a new thread up this evening that will give all new comers, and those who have already joined, a better idea of what the circus is, what our needs are, so on and so forth.

To all new comers, I can assure you that we have a wonderful core of writers at the moment.  You would come in to an incredible foundation, and you can help us build further and enrich the story.  For acts, you may feel free to make up your own.  Be it traditional with a twist, or something brand new all together.

Cream

As of this evening, we are up and running.  For those who have yet to join and wish to see play, feel free to take a look.

The Big Tent

Cream

In need of characters.  Need males more than females, but accepting both gendered characters(Typist gender does not matter).

During the current phase of the game, you can join and start right away :).

DartimusRae

DartimusRae

i'd actually like to step out of stereotypes, and maybe work with wolves, coming in as new talent. i've seen live animal shows quite a few times, and i think given how the modern public views wolves, might be better than lions or tigers. i can see the character in my head right now... he's got some promise, if you'll have him. just let me work on a character sheet.

LimitlessNikkie

Yay for new characters! I can't wait to see what you come up with Dart.

DartimusRae

Thanks Nikkie! i'm going for something completely different from what i usually go for, so, let's hope it works out! hopefully, i can come play this game with you, as i miss your unique style, hun.

DartimusRae

Jason Soft Paw

Name: Jason Softpaw
Home State:[Nevada/b]
Desired Role: Act
Place of Hierarchy:New Talent

Eye Color: Grey
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 226 lbs
Physical Description: Lean like his tribal people, but stronger than he appears. A couple of scars line his otherwise handsome, Native American face. Hidden below his clothes, his arms and chest are lined with bite and claw marks, all of them he considers a mark of honor from the great wolves. His grey eyes mark high intelligence, and an almost feral look to them, matching the animals he tends. At any normal time, he’s dressed in a loose white shirt and leather pants, with heavy leather boots to protect his feet from often over-playful wolf cubs. His hair is worn long, and braided with beads made of bone, and the occasional feather, but often bound by a leather cord. 

Personality: Often considered stoic or void of emotion, Jason is a hard man to read until you get to know him. Once he opens up, he is kind, compassionate, and willing to do what he can to help. He is every much like his wolves, a dominant personality to those who show the slightest hint of submissive behavior. Only those who show as much or more superiority to him have his immediate respect. It’s not arrogance, but more of the nature of the beasts that he trains, something he has to do to keep from being ripped apart by the very animals that represent his totem.

Brief History: Jason lived a simple life, living on the preservations like so many of his family before him. However, as a small child of four, he went ranging too far, and like all small children, got into mischief. Chasing grasshoppers was too mundane for him, and the call of nature was too much for him to resist. A mile or two from home, a storm rolled in, and he took shelter in the nearest cave he could find, only to find himself sharing space with a hungry black bear. A single swipe at the boy was all the bear got, marking his cheek and jaw, before a large black wolf came to his rescue. His tribe spoke for years how he was saved by that wolf, for it is said he was returned on the back of that wolf. The people had taken up arms to defend themselves, before the people noticed the barely conscious boy clinging to the wolf’s soaked fur. It was this reason, that the wolf treated him so gently, that he earned his name “Softpaw”.

Jason was not treated any differently, or given any encouragement to follow the path he did now. When he was in his teens, he saw by chance a show about a man who lived with wolves and cared for them, acting like an alpha to the pack. Once more, his dreams were filled by the large black wolf, and he felt his calling. It wasn’t long after that, that Jason found himself in a unique position. A wolf had gone after the tribe’s herds, and the wolf was shot. He noticed the female was nursing, and he followed her trail back to the den. A couple of the men wanted to destroy the helpless cubs, right then and there, but he wouldn’t allow it. He had found his calling, and took in the four newborn cubs that very moment. It caused a fight in the tribe, but in the end, he won, and the people helped him get the proper licenses to keep and care for the cubs. When they were fully grown, Jason felt the call to take his pack and leave, and he traveled, gaining two more wolves for his pack, until he found the circus, hopefully, to the place where he and his pack could live peacefully, and where he could share his passion for the animals that shared his home.

Introduction Post: Jason nervously approached the circus, and paid the fee for admission. He had no modern electronics, so he wasn’t worried about having to give anything up. He didn’t like leaving his pack behind, because normally a crowd like this would be the perfect place for him to actually show people that wolves were not murderous beasts out for blood. However, he knew better than anyone that wolves tempers could turn in an instant, as many of his scars could attest. Still, they’d be fine in his camper for a couple of hours at least.

Jason was stunned by the show, all the way to Elizabeth’s fiery finale. However, there was an element of danger lacking, and the lean male knew what this act needed. He had seen a circus before, and had seen the lion and tiger tamers, hiding behind whips and cages, treating their animals like slaves. No, his idea had even more risk, but also a chance for him to show thousands at a time that wolves were not out for human blood. With that idea in mind, he left the show, and started asking how to get a meeting with the Ring Mistress. It took some time, but he managed to get his wish, but not before getting his Beta, which he had named Moon Child, for the white circle on her otherwise grey head.

Jason used no chains or leads for the wolf, only a couple of short grunted growls, which was how he could “talk” to his beta. She never strayed beyond a foot from his side, no matter that they passed a delicious looking horse on the way. Once at the tent, he waited until he was admitted entry, before he and his wolf walked in. “I think I may have that missing link in your acts. If I might have a moment, I’d like to explain what I have.” He said, his face an emotionless mask, save for the feral excitement in his eyes. He knelt down beside Moon Child, putting an arm around her before speaking again. “Other circuses use bears, tigers, or some other creature as a way to add terror and suspense to the show. But they cower behind whips, and cages. What I offer has the potential for my own death at the fangs of my pack, at any moment. But at the same time, a chance to educate the masses about wolves.

“No two shows will ever be the same, because wolves by their nature, are unpredictable. If my position of Alpha was not secured in my pack, Moon child here would rip my throat out without a care in the world. But as long as I lead them surely, Alpha I will remain. I can show people the beauty in their lethality, strength and grace, agility and stamina. I can show them how a pack works as a unit, all for a common goal.” Jason remained knelt beside the wolf, who sad next to him without so much as a tail wag. Her ears twisted in all directions, alert, and ready to act if her alpha called her to. The bond between Man and Wolf was clear, and he practically exuded raw dominance. It would not go without notice that Jason never lifted his chin beyond a certain point, an action that would have been seen as submission to the wolf beside him. “On top of this all, my life is for the wolves that I lead. I have five more that look to me, and follow my will as surely as Moon Child did when we entered the tent. We are on the last of our funding, and we need to make money so that I can continue to feed them. Hunting permits cost, and not many areas are willing to let wolves run their land. I promise you, taking us in will never be a regret.” He said, certain that he had the position. At least, that’s how he appeared. Just enough confidence, without being arrogant or cocky. He waited for Elizabeth to speak, for now the ball was in her court, and the fate of him and his pack, now rested in her hands.

Likes: Wolves, whiskey, women, traveling, hunting with his pack
Dislikes: Poachers, trappers, wolf hunters, biased fears, being unable to hunt for or with his pack

Cream

Dartimus - I will look over your sheet this evening, I'm about to go into work for an all day shift.

I will have a post up for Lawrence this evening, and hopefully be able to finish up with my relationship threads.  Muse was being bitchy last evening, so I barely managed to get a sub-par Elizabeth post up that I didn't even bother proof reading, so mind the mistakes x.x

Cream

For new viewers, we have lost a couple of players and our needs have changed.  Where as we once had a surplus of females, things have equaled out so we will be accepting characters of either gender.  If you have any questions not covered, or have an idea for a character, feel free to message me and I will get back to you as soon as possible :).

Flower

Yay second charrie! :)

Olaana
Name: Olaana Noemi
Home State: Mississippi
Desired Role: Act/ Beast Master

Eye Color: Hazel with speckles of brown and green
Height: 5'9
Weight: 140
Physical Description: Olaana is a woman of tall height with long flowing hair, which reaches to the middle of her back when completely straighten, although most of the time it is in loose curls that form around her face or in a pony tail. Her entire back is tattooed with a spider web with a black widow at the center of her back. Due to the nature of her work, there are marks along her arms and legs due to hard labor along with miscalculations. Her hands are not smooth though not completely callused. She has gentle curve that displays her femininity.

Personality: Olaana is a gentle person due to the extreme amount of patience necessary when dealing with animals. She is often found in a good mood with a smile on her face. There are moments when her temper flares up, but she manages to suppress killing someone by going for jogs around the circus grounds. She's a morning person with a love for sweets. Her desire to satisfy her sweet tooth has turned her train car room into a garden on wheels. She plants various types of vegetables and fruits to be used in pies. When on stage, a transformation is made as she literally becomes one with her beast. It is only through rigorous training of herself and animals that the tricks are able to be performed flawlessly. Some say that she becomes some type of dancing spirit during her acts. Olaana has no issue getting dirty since it is a requirement when working with animals.

Brief History: One of the first sounds she heard upon taking her first breath into the world was the sound of an animal in the background of her mother's pained cries as she bleed out after giving birth to her. Olaana's father was a wildlife conservationist with interest in a wide variety of animals around the world. His love for his family and career often collided with each other, and this was the reason for the death of his wife. She was born in a foreign land since her father was in the process of researching a rare type of reclusive trope of monkeys. He was a selfish man, who was very much in love with his wife. So instead of leaving her in relative safety, her dragged his pregnant wife with him. The doctors traveling with them were not able to stop the bleeding caused by a tear made during birth. So as Olaana took her first breath, her mother took her last with just enough time to name utter a name for her only child.

The death of her mother sent her father in the depths of grief. Yet, instead of taking a step away from his career, her father drowned himself in work and completely ignored his daughter. Some whispered her father harbored a hatred towards her for killing her mother while other said it was due to her looking like a small replica of the woman. All throughout her childhood, she jumped from continent to continent with no friends other than the family pets to keep her company. From a young age, she displayed a skill with training her animals to do complex tricks. She watched her father for clues of how to do certain things with animals along with various television shows and books. Soon the animals in their house were well trained as a rescue or police dog, able to respond to a huge variety of commands. Her father took her under his wing for the first time to teach her about wild undomesticated animals. His presence was desired in many places so they were welcomed openly into zoos since many zoologist desired his knowledge to help animals in captivity to survive longer or reproduce. These were some of her favorite moments since she was allowed in the nursery homes where young animals without parents were being raised by humans.

Her education revolved around all types of animals from their behavior down to ailments common to specific species. Even though her father paid attention to her, it was not always for her benefit. He was harsh and impatient in his teaching with her. It seem to make him angrier that she did not reacted to his verbal taunts of her intelligence. So she was forced to endure his verbal abuse with a smile even though all his words killed her inside. Her only sanity was the animals. The animals helped her get through each day when alone and night when tears of sadness fell down her face. Part of her duties when dealing with smaller animals with her father during her training included cleaning after them, bathing, and feeding. It was not until they returned from a trip home to Africa did she encounter an amazing creature that literally touched her. By the time she was eighteen, Olaana was her father's legal apprentice and intern. She was a force in the research world along with an avid writer on different species she encountered.

Despite all these riches, she was not happy since her father still was not satisfied with her success. Her father's presence was requested in a small African town which was suffering from a series of attacks from a variety of animals. It seemed the village was a mecca for tragedy. In the past year, they had been raided by lions, losing children and older members along with having huts trampled by bull elephants. They arrived in the city just as one of the elephants left after killing another townsperson. The people were ready to take action into their own hands to shoot and kill any animal who came within town limits. This could not happen in her mind so she was given a time limit to stop the problem from happening. If she did not, a great deal of animals would be killed. Her father and her went to work, learning more about the creature's habits when away from the town.

It was then they learned a number of poachers were taking down calves illegally thus making the elephants act violently towards any human. They were coming near the village to move away from the poachers. The lions were a different case entirely. It appeared as though these were inexperienced male cubs just kicke from their homes. Neither appeared capable enough to take down a fully grown gazelle or buffalo so in their eyes the humans were easy prey. She worked day and night with her father to figure out a way to solve the issue. Relocate the animals or take care of the poachers? Neither option seemed to have a better success rate. It was always a risky move to relocate animals of such size. The villagers were getting antsy then all hell broke loose.

The day before chaos erupted, Olaana was speaking with some of the villagers about the issues faced with solving the problems of neighboring animals. It was clear to anyone with eyes that the people were tired of waiting for the problem to be fixed since it was taking longer than expected. After nearly an hour negotiation, she was given more time, which was proving to be a valuable commodity. Her father was ready to call it quits. It seemed an impossible task to deal without killing the animals. "The lions have already tasted man flesh. They will never stop hunting here." His attitude on the elephants was the same.

She was about to head back to the field for work when a strange looking man caught her eye. Curiosity made her head over along with the need to tell the newcomer about the dangers involved with staying. The conversation with him proved interesting, and even though she wanted to prod his mind, there was no time for the simple pleasure of conversation. The day progressed until the sun lowered over the horizon and the land was covered in darkness. Olaana retreated to her room for some mapping of nearby lands possible to lure the elephants toward.

The sounds of screaming stirred Olaana from sleep at her desk as she jolted upward then ran towards the door. An attack. It was happening again. She ran outside as the villagers tried to evade the huge legs of elephants coming toward them. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed some of them picking up spears. "No!" The yell did not reach their ears. Violence begets only death. It solved nothing. She ran out in her clothes, wildly waving her hands to grab the elephants' attention. Her father's voice was behind her as she ran directly into the midst of danger with no other thought than to rescue the creatures from an ugly death. The men with the spears advanced forward. With no other method to gain the elephants attention, Olaana let out a blood curling cry. The attention she wanted was now on her. It seemed like time slowed for her as she jumped to stop a man from thrusting his spear into the underbelly of an elephant.

They hit the ground with a heavy thud as she tried to wrestle the spear away from him. He screamed at her in a language she could not fully comprehend, but enough was clear to know he was damning her soul. No one died on this night, but she was considered out of work. They only wanted her father's help now. It was death sentence for the animals. She was headed back to another city in the car when she heard a strange noise. Instinct lead her to stop as she headed on foot towards it. She witnessed the terrifying sight of a baby elephant caught in a trap with poachers surroundidng it. Olaana ran towards the men, not thinking of her safety. She picked up a thick branch along the way and knocked the nearest man across the head with it. They seemed so surprised by her actions that it took a while for them to react. She was shot in the shoulder. The men likely would have shot again if the sound of approaching elephants did not reach their ears.

From the sounds of it, there were a lot of them. So she and the baby elephant lay together in a pool of blood. Once again, time was against her, and she turned over despite her pain to fiddle with the trap. She knew it was useless since even if she managed it, the injured calf would not survive the wild. There was an audible clicking sound as the trap popped open. By then the adult elephants arrived as their young one hobbled over. She closed her eyes and prepared to be crushed under their foot. Nothing happened other than something brushing over her face then they were gone. That is when he came to her. The man from the village.

Introduction Post: (to be added upon discussion)

Likes: Animals, hard work, nature, photography, books, writing,
Dislikes: arrogance, stupidity, yelling, insults

Flower

Character with edits

Olaana
Name: Olaana Noemi
Home State: Mississippi
Desired Role: Act/ Beast Master

Eye Color: Hazel with speckles of brown and green
Height: 5'9
Weight: 140
Physical Description: Olaana is a woman of tall height with long flowing hair, which reaches to the middle of her back when completely straighten, although most of the time it is in loose curls that form around her face or in a pony tail. Her entire back is tattooed with a spider web with a black widow at the center of her back. Due to the nature of her work, there are marks along her arms and legs due to hard labor along with miscalculations. Her hands are not smooth though not completely callused. She has gentle curve that displays her femininity.

Personality: Olaana is a gentle person due to the extreme amount of patience necessary when dealing with animals. She is often found in a good mood with a smile on her face. There are moments when her temper flares up, but she manages to suppress killing someone by going for jogs around the circus grounds. She's a morning person with a love for sweets. Her desire to satisfy her sweet tooth has turned her train car room into a garden on wheels. She plants various types of vegetables and fruits to be used in pies. When on stage, a transformation is made as she literally becomes one with her beast. It is only through rigorous training of herself and animals that the tricks are able to be performed flawlessly. Some say that she becomes some type of dancing spirit during her acts. Olaana has no issue getting dirty since it is a requirement when working with animals.

Brief History: One of the first sounds she heard upon taking her first breath into the world was the sound of an animal in the background of her mother's pained cries as she bleed out after giving birth to her. Olaana's father was a wildlife conservationist with interest in a wide variety of animals around the world. His love for his family and career often collided with each other, and this was the reason for the death of his wife. She was born in a foreign land since her father was in the process of researching a rare type of reclusive trope of monkeys. He was a selfish man, who was very much in love with his wife. So instead of leaving her in relative safety, her dragged his pregnant wife with him. The doctors traveling with them were not able to stop the bleeding caused by a tear made during birth. So as Olaana took her first breath, her mother took her last with just enough time to name utter a name for her only child.

The death of her mother sent her father in the depths of grief. Yet, instead of taking a step away from his career, her father drowned himself in work and completely ignored his daughter. Some whispered her father harbored a hatred towards her for killing her mother while other said it was due to her looking like a small replica of the woman. All throughout her childhood, she jumped from continent to continent with no friends other than the family pets to keep her company. From a young age, she displayed a skill with training her animals to do complex tricks. She watched her father for clues of how to do certain things with animals along with various television shows and books. Soon the animals in their house were well trained as a rescue or police dog, able to respond to a huge variety of commands. Her father took her under his wing for the first time to teach her about wild undomesticated animals. His presence was desired in many places so they were welcomed openly into zoos since many zoologist desired his knowledge to help animals in captivity to survive longer or reproduce. These were some of her favorite moments since she was allowed in the nursery homes where young animals without parents were being raised by humans.

Her education revolved around all types of animals from their behavior down to ailments common to specific species. Even though her father paid attention to her, it was not always for her benefit. He was harsh and impatient in his teaching with her. It seem to make him angrier that she did not reacted to his verbal taunts of her intelligence. So she was forced to endure his verbal abuse with a smile even though all his words killed her inside. Her only sanity was the animals. The animals helped her get through each day when alone and night when tears of sadness fell down her face. Part of her duties when dealing with smaller animals with her father during her training included cleaning after them, bathing, and feeding. It was not until they returned from a trip home to Africa did she encounter an amazing creature that literally touched her. By the time she was eighteen, Olaana was her father's legal apprentice and intern. She was a force in the research world along with an avid writer on different species she encountered.

Despite all these riches, she was not happy since her father still was not satisfied with her success. Her father's presence was requested in a small African town which was suffering from a series of attacks from a variety of animals. It seemed the village was a mecca for tragedy. In the past year, they had been raided by lions, losing children and older members along with having huts trampled by bull elephants. They arrived in the city just as one of the elephants left after killing another townsperson. The people were ready to take action into their own hands to shoot and kill any animal who came within town limits. This could not happen in her mind so she was given a time limit to stop the problem from happening. If she did not, a great deal of animals would be killed. Her father and her went to work, learning more about the creature's habits when away from the town.

It was then they learned a number of poachers were taking down calves illegally thus making the elephants act violently towards any human. They were coming near the village to move away from the poachers. The lions were a different case entirely. It appeared as though these were inexperienced male cubs just kicke from their homes. Neither appeared capable enough to take down a fully grown gazelle or buffalo so in their eyes the humans were easy prey. She worked day and night with her father to figure out a way to solve the issue. Relocate the animals or take care of the poachers? Neither option seemed to have a better success rate. It was always a risky move to relocate animals of such size. The villagers were getting antsy then all hell broke loose.

The day before chaos erupted, Olaana was speaking with some of the villagers about the issues faced with solving the problems of neighboring animals. It was clear to anyone with eyes that the people were tired of waiting for the problem to be fixed since it was taking longer than expected. After nearly an hour negotiation, she was given more time, which was proving to be a valuable commodity. Her father was ready to call it quits. It seemed an impossible task to deal without killing the animals. "The lions have already tasted man flesh. They will never stop hunting here." His attitude on the elephants was the same.

She was about to head back to the field for work when a strange looking man caught her eye. Curiosity made her head over along with the need to tell the newcomer about the dangers involved with staying. The conversation with him proved interesting, and even though she wanted to prod his mind, there was no time for the simple pleasure of conversation. The day progressed until the sun lowered over the horizon and the land was covered in darkness. Olaana retreated to her room for some mapping of nearby lands possible to lure the elephants toward.

The sounds of screaming stirred Olaana from sleep at her desk as she jolted upward then ran towards the door. An attack. It was happening again. She ran outside as the villagers tried to evade the huge legs of elephants coming toward them. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed some of them picking up spears. "No!" The yell did not reach their ears. Violence begets only death. It solved nothing. She ran out in her clothes, wildly waving her hands to grab the elephants' attention. Her father's voice was behind her as she ran directly into the midst of danger with no other thought than to rescue the creatures from an ugly death. The men with the spears advanced forward. With no other method to gain the elephants attention, Olaana let out a blood curling cry. The attention she wanted was now on her. It seemed like time slowed for her as she jumped to stop a man from thrusting his spear into the underbelly of an elephant.

They hit the ground with a heavy thud as she tried to wrestle the spear away from him. He screamed at her in a language she could not fully comprehend, but enough was clear to know he was damning her soul. No one died on this night, but she was considered out of work. They only wanted her father's help now. It was death sentence for the animals. She was headed back to another city in the car when she heard a strange noise. Instinct lead her to stop as she headed on foot towards it. She witnessed the terrifying sight of a baby elephant caught in a trap with poachers surroundidng it. Olaana ran towards the men, not thinking of her safety. She picked up a thick branch along the way and knocked the nearest man across the head with it. They seemed so surprised by her actions that it took a while for them to react. She was shot in the shoulder. The men likely would have shot again if the sound of approaching elephants did not reach their ears.

From the sounds of it, there were a lot of them. So she and the baby elephant lay together in a pool of blood. Once again, time was against her, and she turned over despite her pain to fiddle with the trap. She knew it was useless since even if she managed it, the injured calf would not survive the wild. There was an audible clicking sound as the trap popped open. By then the adult elephants arrived as their young one hobbled over. She closed her eyes and prepared to be crushed under their foot. Nothing happened other than something brushing over her face then they were gone. That is when he came to her. The man from the village.

Introduction Post:

I was destined to be a world renowned conservationist. Destined for greatness.

The words echoed in Olaana’s mind as she stood in a shadow of pure darkness. Everything over the past few months had changed after the situation in Africa. Her father was terribly mad with her for leaving the continent completely without him. His unquenchable anger reached to the highest of ears to tarnish her reputation. If she did not work with and under him, he did not want her to be allowed on another expedition. He sought to ruin her. It worked with some people while others sent their sympathies.

Why did you join the circus?

It was bound to be a question asked in the present and future. Her only logical explanation was the issue of the animals. Circus creatures were often breed in captivity and made to bend to the entertainment o men, women, and children with a whip. The animals were kept for a certain amount of time until the circus held no use for them. Then they were abandoned to a worse fate than death. Like in the plains of a foreign world, she could make a difference here as well. Dying did not frighten her since over the years she’d been faced with circumstances that might end her, but she knew the gratitude of those who could not speak for themselves. In the end, this was all that mattered to her. So as all the other decisions in her life, she joined the circus because of the animals needed a true leader. The animals needed a person who would see to all of their needs, both physical and mental.

The woman, Elizabeth, or more like child in a grown body did not please her. From her knowledge and experience, there could not be two females of power within the same area. There would always be one matriarch. Yet, like in the wild, the female leader must gain her place either through trials or being elected into the position by those around her. She, unlike some, did not judge purely on past actions, but present as well. Her first meeting with Elizabeth did not go exactly to plan due to an unforeseen circumstance. Even the animals sensed her weakness and inability lead as a true matriarch. There was no plan to become an upstart in this place since there were many unknowns, but her true loyalties would always rest with Lawrence.

Her head craned to the side, listening to the exchange between Lawrence and Elizabeth, as she reached upward to stroke through ebony hair. There was a familiar clicking sound, which she associated with cages. What are you doing, Lawrence? He had not told her the plan for tonight so she was to trust him. It was not a difficult task since he proved himself to her a long time ago. She knew him to be many things such their short time with each other. Friend. Companion. Lover. Yet, there was one role he could not fulfill in her life, and she would never ask it of him. Even still, the flickers of jealousy burned within her.

The sound of her name being called by him caused her to blink as she intentionally took a few seconds to make an appearance out of the shadows. Tension choked the air as she glanced over towards the open cages of the animals who seemed distrustful of this sudden action. Words were spoken from Lawrence on her behalf, but Olaana remained mysteriously quiet as she watched one of the felines draw closer to the entrance of the cage. My life is in the hands of an idiot. Her calm eyes shifted over to the woman without an ounce of fear, but time was not on their side.

“I have heard from Lawrence that you value your life and circus. Even more so, you value an essence which has been harnessed by you. I believe you will make the right choice. I would do so quickly though because the male lion is curious of those he is not familiar with. I guarantee you his inspection of us will not be painless. If you decided to allow pettiness to cloud your judgment, I have no issue with death.”

Elizabeth wouldn't take kindly to her words.  She'd say "The first thing that you must learn" and be interrupted by Lawrence "Is that you are nowhere near as important as the Spirit, Elizabeth.  The Spirit chooses its master.  You give it to her." Elizabeth would turn her head to the Tigers cage.  The large cats were the most dangerous, and the tiger seemed to be thinking about leaving its cage.  When the woman glanced over to the tigers, again Olaana’s calm voice spoke through the silence with the exception of growls, “It is not only those you should fear.” On the other side, the elephants were growing anxious. Patiently, she waited for the woman to place judgment on all of their lives. No doubt her fear was intoxicating to the predators. Elizabeth would stand up and bend over, and with a thin cloud of smoke she would place a bottle of spirit upon the ground.

The bottle was placed on the ground, and Olaana nearly took it as an insult. Was she trying to say that like the animals her belongings, meals and anything else, belonged on the ground? There was no time to exchange words. Plus, she’d had her belongings in worse areas. She walked over calmly despite the ticking clock since nothing roused a predator like a running target. Carefully, she picked up the small bottle, feelings its power course through her body, even without consuming it. Twisting the top, she drank it into herself. Into her soul.

“I dearly hope that he is correct about you, Olaana.  These animals are as much my family as any of my human family.  Take the spirit, and let me know that my decision wasn't a foolish one." She would of course mean that she wanted Olaana to calm the animals. Her eyes flashed at the woman’s words as she lifted one hand, and instantly the animals calmed. “We will have to see if your choice was foolish, won’t we?” Olaana gave a small bow to the woman then glance to Lawrence. She gave the woman her back since she did not fear the woman striking out at her. Not with the amount of power in her hands. Soon all of the cages were closed as the animals did not seem concerned with the humans. “Lawrence, are you ready to go?"

Likes: Animals, hard work, nature, photography, books, writing,
Dislikes: arrogance, stupidity, yelling, insults

Niferbelle

Flower

-hugs-

Aww, thankies, Nifer. Longest character sheet ever though lol.

LimitlessNikkie

Erin

Name: Erin Jackson
Home State: Nevada
Desired Role: Act: Weapons Master
Place of Hierarchy: Elizabeth's talent

Hair Color: White blonde
Height: 5'7
Weight: 113lbs
Physical Description: Tall and extremely slender. She is very pale looking as if the sun had never touched her skin. There are faint scars on her hands and forearms though they are only visible if one looks closely.

Personality: Erin is cocky and confident. She is prickly using wit, sass, and sarcasm to keep people at arms length. She is friendly enough and willing to talk to anyone though there is a sense of danger she always carries with her. It is clear she only lets people close to her that she likes. She is fearless and it shows in the way she talks to people, how she conducts herself and her act where she risks her life on a regular basis. She exploits her innocent looks to hide the hard edged girl under a soft look and sweet smile. She is intense especially when preforming, but she carries a hint of that every moment of her life. When you gamble your life constantly every moment counts.

Brief History: Erin was born in vegas, a child born of love and desire between two fetish performers who were dedicated lovers. Erin was unfortunate in the fact that she never got to know her mother a sensual soft exotic woman with more self confidence then anyone else. Her father loved her mother dearly and when she died a week after Erin's birth it changed him. He was lost after that. It was hard to believe such an overtly dominate male could have depended so much on the ethereal  pale beauty that was Erin's mother but he did.

Erin's father had no idea to be a dad in and many ways had no desire to be without his wife at his side. He did his best by Erin but often his best was dragging her along to his performances where he hung his body from hooks for the exhilaration and excitement of himself and others. Erin was exposed to sex and lust, desire and passion from a indecently young age and it made her grow up fast.

She was back stage bored as young girls of 5 often is. Her father was swinging from the ceiling and a woman dressed in fishnets and a corset who was supposed to be watching her was missing the sound of harsh breathing from the dressing room the only clue that the young girl wasn't alone. She had no dolls or toys to distract her from wondering around picking up things at random. As a fetish show often had Erin found toys in a chest. Most of them held no interest to her a young girl had no interest in paddles of cuffs, vibrators or clamps.

The one thing that did interest her was a long coiled length of leather. With small chubby hands she pulled it out and flicked it around her short slender legs just about tripping herself with it. A man walked by. He wore nothing but a pair of low slung jeans and a dark brooding look. It was he who taught her how to wield the whip replacing her fishnet clad babysitter while her father preformed.

She took to the discipline of the art as a fish would to water. From there her interest only grew. She learned knives and swords, stars a bow and arrow even a gun though she cared for it not. She loved working with weapons. She felt strong and independent able to use weapons as she did. She grew close to Ben her whip instructor and her father who'd finally managed to take an interest in her was jealous and worried over her.

At sixteen he enrolled her in school thinking that a normal environment would help normalize the girl who knew too much, had seen too much and was far too cocky for her own good. School didn't help it only made the girl bitter. Being called a freak will do that to you. Erin was criticized for everything from her hair and clothing not of the main stream style to her hobbies that were seen as scary and dangerous. She was already a snarky, rude sarcastic school, the weapons skills now made her a bad kid in the eyes of authority figures too.

At seventeen Erin quiet school and unable to stand her fathers overprotective and pushy nature took off from home too. Living in Vegas had it's perks. She started street preforming on the street wielding swords most of the time since often her skills with a whip were seen as more sexual then she wanted to appear. She was still a freak here but one others were drawn to. Little kids looked at her with awe and adults with a mixture of envy and distaste. It was comfortable.

Elizabeth found her there juggling swords tossing them high into the air doing flips before catching them before they could impale her making the crowd gasp in amazement and wonder as the frail blond girl did things many thought of as skills belonging to big burly men.

Introduction Post:

Elizabeth

It’d been the farthest west that the troupe had went in quite some many years.  Many more years than Elizabeth and Lawrence had been with the circus.  They had done it for the Family, with everything that had gone on in recent history she figured that they deserved one last night in the sin of the modern world.  She knew that after this they would only see cities that more resembled the 70s then the modern world.  Elizabeth had decided not to join the rest of the family, she didn’t care to see how they enjoyed the city that never slept.  She herself had simply taken to one of the areas that had far less tourist then the main strip.  Honestly, she was only even there because the area had quite a…tasteful sense of fashion.  More or less, she was going to the sex shops that seemed to cater to fetishist.  They had the best outfits.

She hadn’t actually seen the girl.  She only saw the swords flying high into the air.  She realized that either someone was being very creative in their suicide attempt with playing catch with swords, or there was a possible prospect.  Juggling sharp objects really wasn’t anything special enough to catch her attention…But it was the rate and height that they went up with, whoever it was was a natural.  Elizabeth made her way through the crowd.  She stopped just at the circles edge.  It was amusing how far away people stood from the juggling swords.  Anyone in her line of work knew that the girl wouldn’t attempt something this deadly if they were not a master.  So she broke the invisible barrier and walked towards the girl.  She didn’t stop until she was close enough that one slip up could leave Elizabeth impaled…She felt a twinge of fear, and it excited her.  Give her an inferno and she was safe, give her something out of her comfort zone and even she felt fear.

“You’re working for spare change and casino chips to a group of people that look at you as a freak.” Her words came with an appreciative smile.  It wasn’t too long ago that Elizabeth was doing the same thing.  She still had a few flyers in her bag that she hadn’t passed out, so she took one out and laid it in front of the girl.  It was a flyer for the circus, with the address plainly printed. “The circus is over.  But come visit me tonight, and I will give you a chance to be looked at as a marvel instead of a freak.” Elizabeth said nothing more.  Her parting gesture was a hundred dollar bill left in the case that Erin used to carry her swords.

It was her normal show. Nothing too hard to accomplish. These people so hopped up on the vibrancy of the city were easy to impress. Even so near the middle of her show she started showing off. It was out of boredom more then anything.  The people gasped and a few even lifted there hands over there heads as if afraid the swords would fall on them. Erin rolled her eyes not that anyone noticed. Morons.

It was then that someone walked up to her breaching that invisible barrier between her and the crowd of people around her. Erin gave her a distant quizzical look her head tilting just a touch. As she drew closer, close enough Erin could kill her with a wrong move, a single slip of her hand Erin smiled. The woman impressed her already.

Her words were met with nothing more the a slow blink and a dead pan look the implied the woman had better make her point and make it fast. She tossed the slender rapier high into the air so the blade caught the flashing lights of the shop signs and took the flier looking at it briefly before shoving it in her pocket with a nod. She stuck out her hand and with perfect precision gripped the hilt and twirled it through her fingertips.

The woman left her a tip larger then anything she's made in the last two weeks and walked away with a kind of confidence that made Erin smirk. They'd either end up friends or at each others throats only time would tell. Erin had nothing tying her to this place besides a father who would be happy with anything she chose. She went to her tiny apartment and changed from her street performer get of of tight clothes to a baggy pair of jeans a tight tank top and a leather jacket her father once owned.

She took her time she didn't want to seem to eager, the woman seemed like the type who'd use anything she could to get what she wanted and for whatever reason she wanted Erin. Erin would be lying if she said she wasn't interested but it wasn't her only option. Locking her door and slinging the multi sword case across her back she caught the bus and went out to meet the mystery woman.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth sat in the only remaining tent that was left up.  It wasn’t the big tent, instead it was one of the smaller ones used for the new Burlesque show.  The chairs all still remained, as did the stage.  Elizabeth sat upon the edge of that stage with a bucket beside her.  She held a knife in her hand, and her thumb ran up and down the sharp edge of the blade.  She had expected the girl to arrive earlier in the evening and was about to call it quits, until she saw the linen doors ruffle and the lovely blonde walk in. “Well well, I was beginning to believe you had no intent on showing up.” Elizabeth dipped the blade into the bucket beside of her before she stepped off of the stage and walked toward Erin. “We do not exactly run ma and pa’s circus here.  The name itself, Cirque De Sang Et De Flammes” She spoke the words in perfect French “Circus Of Blood And Fire.  What we do is…Just a bit more dangerous then what I imagine you’re used to seeing.” Elizabeth twirled the knife in her fingers, using it as a slide of hand distraction while she lit a match with the other hand and set the blade on fire. “And we have our tricks.” Elizabeth placed the palm of her hand against the sharp edge of the blade.  She slid it upwards, putting out the fire as blood began to drip from her hand.  Yet there was no scent of burning flesh.

“If you want a home in a place that will appreciate you, then I need to know that you do not just have a knack for juggling.  I need to know that you are a natural.” Elizabeth returned to the stage lifted herself onto it.  She found her own set of swords.  Something that the girl wouldn’t have comfort with, as the weight and balance would be different from her own.  There were four all together.  She walked to the edge of the stage and sat down.  Next she pulled a sponge from the bucket with her unharmed hand, squeezed it, and began to apply it to the swords.  Once each and every one had the liquid applied, she set them down and walked away with the bucket.  The only thing left on the stage was her match book and a blindfold.

She took a seat in the first row, never looking back to Erin.  If she was sane, or not completely confident with her abilities, then she’d likely run.  Otherwise the stage was quite clear. “Give me a show that is worthy of your life and I will give you a taste of something that no one in this city of lust and greed has ever dreamt of having.”

Erin half wondered if the woman would even still be about. there was only one tent left standing and Erin looking sure of herself walked without hesitation towards the tent flipping back the tent flap and walking in taking a seat and turning to around straddling it as Elizabeth spoke. She listened to the description looking kind of blank until she said this was probably more dangerous then her normal flair. The Erin smirked her eyes bright with dangerous light.

She watched the woman light the blade on fire and slide it through her hand. If she expected Erin to be surprised she was wrong. The girl was raised in sin city, a place where the impossible seemed almost mundane. She did note though that while the flame didn't harm her skin the blade did a fragile drop of blood sliding down that pale skin of hers that was almost a match for her own coloring.

She moved around and talked more but the words were caught only as a generalization as Erin watched her swab the four blades with the clear flammable liquid she'd used in her own demonstration. A touch of fear made her stomach quiver. She'd never used fire in one of her performances before. She simply had never had a draw towards it but she knew swords, the delicate balance the natural feel of it she could do it, a little heat wouldn't make a bit of difference.

She walked up to the stage leaving her bag in the abandon seat. Shrugging off her jacket she tossed it aside and picked up the blind fold a smirk playing on her lips. She tucked it half hanging out of her pocket before picking up the first sword a short bladed scimitar that would reflect a great deal of light and sparkle under normal circumstances. She held the hilt and circled her wrist testing the weight and balance before moving on to the next three repeating the process with each.

Nodding to herself she wore an expression of intense focus and she stuck the swords tip impaled in the wood in front of her and picked up the matches. With brightness flaring to life in those sapphire eyes of hers she set the blades on fire. She tossed the blown out match away and pulled out the blind fold and covered her eyes leaving her lips slightly parted the only part of her small face visible.

Even with her face covered her hand shot out and gripped the hilt of the first sword a light Épée. It took no effort to yank it out of the stage floor. She brought up her whole arm and flicked her wrist as she released it into the air. It twirled up in a lazy spiral flames dancing off the thin blade. As the first sword soared into the air Erin grabbed the hilt of the curve scimitar. She held it close enough to her body she could feel the heat of the flames brushing her skin as she did a fast twirl the blade following the spin of her body led by the hilt. The flames danced and she again tossed the sword into the air in time to catch the falling Épée.

She caught the sword in her left hand and flipped it twirling it like one might a baton. her lips were drawn into a tight line as she grabbed the heaviest of the swords, a thick broad sword that would fall heavy and was harder to manipulate without practice. Jaw tense as tossed up the Épée again and manipulated the broad sword. The muscles in her arms stood out as she twirled the heavy broad sword in a wide circle.

The Scimitar was falling the blade pointing down looking as if it was going to impale the young pale girl. With a tight jaw Erin flexed and through the broad sword into the air. It went strait up without a twirl and she caught the scimitar as she turned into a spin catching the light Épée next. Wielding both she juggled the two before tossing them both into the air the Épée much higher before catching the heavy broad sword. She pulled the long sword from the stage floor wincing just a touch at the heat of the hilt in her hand.

Taking a deep breath she visualized the swords in the air. Her arms flexed and held the blades out the scimitar hit the long sword the flats coming together with the sound of clashing swords. She smiled then catching the hilt with the broad sword. The weight was off but she moved with a type of sureness the suggested she could do this in her sleep. her arms flexed and she flicked her wrists and juggled the scimitar like a demon stick flipping it up into the air just in time to do it again with the Épée. She moved quicker with the Épée using more flair.

She flipped it high into the air as the Scimitar fell and flipped it right back into the air before using some muscle to flip the long sword into the air followed by the broad sword that she grunted hefting into the air. With all four swords in the air flaring brightly the fair dancing she stood still her arms crossed looking at ease. Her arm shooting out at the perfect time to catch first the broad sword turning it to impale it in the stage as her left hand caught the long sword impaling it as her right caught the scimitar the left the Épée. With the Épée impaled into the stage she tore off the blind fold and smirked briefly not noting the soot clinging to her arms where the flames all but burned her, nor the places where they had caught her clothes if only briefly.

Cocking her head slightly to the side Erin regarded the woman who for whatever reason had decided to offer her this chance, a chance she suddenly wanted. Where else could she feel such an intoxicating high as doing something so adrenaline inducing and not be looked at as an escaped mental patient for it. "So impressed?" She asked her voice an urban drawl as she spoke.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth swept her fingertips across the wound on her hand as she watched the girl perform on stage.  Quite frankly the girls unearned arrogance that was shown without words had pissed Elizabeth off.  But she knew it took that type of arrogance to perform the type of show she was performing…Without absolute confidence in yourself, you’d make a mistake.  Set yourself up in an inferno, or impale yourself with a sword you’ve never used and no site at all.  She used the pain from the swipes of her fingers to calm herself down, and thus allow the spirit to work on its own.  She never decided who the spirit went to, it decided on its own.

Had Erin been able to see Elizabeths face she may have been put off.  Yet another reason for the blindfold.  She had a dead pan stare towards the girl as she analyzed every last movement.  The ability to do it was certainly the most important.  But the ability to pull it off in a way that was alluring to the eye was the subtlety that she absolutely demanded in the act.  By the end of the show she couldn’t quite place her finger upon which of the three possibilities it was, but she found herself drawn to the girl.  The Spirit, The show, or the pain.  Perhaps all three, but she did indeed enjoy what she saw.

“It is not me that you needed to impress.  You impressed me on the street, which is the only reason you’re within this tent.  But the spirit is who you needed to prove yourself too.” The girl may think that she was insane.  Spirits were usually associated with ghost stories.  Elizabeth stood up and walked to the stage before she pulled herself onto it.  She walked to the edge of the curtains and pulled a stool out.  She walked back to Erin and set it in front of her. “I’m going to offer you a taste of the spirit.  Once you take it into you, you will forever be bound to it.  Make your decision wisely.” Elizabeth held no bags.  She had on a shirt that stopped at her upper arms, and was too tight to hide anything.  So when her hand waved over the stool, and a puff of light grey smoke appeared with a small vial, it should be clear that it wasn’t some slide of hand.

Elizabeth walked to the edge of the stage and hopped off.  As she walked towards the doors, she spoke back to the girl. “You can think I am insane and deny it, and continue to make pocket change performing in front of a few.  Or you can drink it, and perform in front of thousands who will look at you as a goddess.” Elizabeths words ended just as she found the linen doors.  She walked out without ever looking back.  No one had ever denied the spirit, she doubted that this girl would be the first.

The encounter with the woman had left her with an odd feeling of desire mixed with unease. She could feel the heaviness of the moment weighing on her slender shoulders as she lifted the vial looking up in time to see Elizabeth disappear. Alone a great deal of Erin's natural arrogance seeped away and she looked like a fragile young girl of 22 with no idea who she would eat the next day or keep a roof over her head. She had her father that much was true but she loathed to lean on him when he him self seemed half lost most of the time.

Slender fingers that in no way looked strong enough to wield a broad sword caressed the strange vial as she bit into her plump lower lip. She wanted it. wanted the shimmering chance the vial represented but she sensed more behind the offer that was left unsaid. Unfortunately there were to be no answers, this was a leap of faith. That decided it for her. She'd always trusted her instincts that had led her from one daring thing to the next. She'd never once hesitated before leaping in with both feet without looking down.

Long fingers stronger then they looked plucked the stopper from the vial and pressed the edge to her lips as she tilted it back and let the spirit what ever the hell that was flood into her being. She gasped dropping the vial to shatter against the wooden floor of the stage as the euphoric feeling of the spirit took hold of her. She found herself laughing as she plucked the long sword from the stage and with more ease then she'd ever been able to before turned it in her grasp like someone from a drill teem would a lifeless gun. The edges of the sword that usually cut into her palms only just cut into her skin barely making her bleed. Never in her life had she felt more right then in that one exhilarating moment.

Likes: Strawberries, piano music, hard rock music, contrast, the unexpected, arrogance, moonless night, and secrets.
Dislikes: Timidness, apologies, societies rules and limits.

Cream

Niferbelle

I've had my second guy done for awhile but kept forgetting to post it. When you get a chance, let me know if he's ok, Cream. :)

Noah

Name: Noah Connelly
Home State: California
Desired Role: Act -- Cyr wheel

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 
Physical Description: Noah is good looking but unassuming in his mannerisms, his demeanor so low-key he is easily lost in a crowd. He is well muscled from years of gymnastics and acrobatics though that's often lost under the baggy, modest clothing he wears when not performing. His brown hair is cut short on the sides but left long on top, causing a wave of bangs to constantly fall over his forehead and give him a boyish look. He wears thick framed glasses most of the time though they're not needed when performing his act. His eyes are blue and set off by thick, almost girlish lashes, and when you talk he looks at you as if he's really listening. He has an easy smile and a terrible poker face.

Personality: Noah is a nice guy. Despite this being a lukewarm recommendation most times, it's completely true in his case. Friendly, with an inherent decency that is displayed in nearly everything he does, he is kind and humble and unfortunately sometimes a doormat for the more manipulative and arrogant. He tends to be quiet unless he feels confident his company is wanted and then blossoms with a little attention. her has stamina, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally, with great patience and the ability to endure.

Brief History: Noah grew up in Southern California, the middle child of three sons born to your typical Type A power couple. Both his parents were lawyers with high expectations for their children to excel in academics and sports and life in general. His brothers fit the mold perfectly, true princes of the upper middle class, but Noah was always the odd boy out, lacking the focus and the competitive nature of the rest of his family. While his brothers played traditional team sports like baseball and football, it took some time for Noah to find his niche which turned out to be gymnastics. He had a natural talent for it and loved training, the sheer art of being in motion, but he found the meets nerve wracking so by the time he reached his mid teens, much to his parents' disgust, he dropped out of competition.

Around this time he first saw someone on the Cyr wheel down at Venice Beach and was instantly enamored. He got a job to buy his first wheel and by the time he graduated high school, he'd given up all thought of going to college which further alienated him from his family. He spent every minute he wasn't working as a waiter perfecting his skills on the wheel and taking acrobatic classes when he could afford them. Never very lucky in love, after the third girlfriend in a row that cleaned him out he found himself restless and decided to hit the road with no particular destination in mind. He bought a beat up truck and threw his wheel in the back and has spent the last couple years just traveling from place to place, stopping to work when he needed the money, earning it from street performances and odd jobs here and there.

As he moved across the country he would occasionally hear stories of this unusual circus that was making the circuit and was intrigued by the description of its old-fashioned atmosphere. He's grown more and more intrigued with every story he hears but as of yet seems to keep missing it.

Introduction Post: (I was thinking Noah would hook up with the circus at the next stop so basically this would be covered in game)

Likes: Being in motion, improving, learning new things, cheering people up
Dislikes: Competition, cold weather, being judged, shellfish (he's allergic)