Feed The Night (Closed)

Started by Top Cat, April 16, 2015, 09:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Myrra

I might be interested by this game. Is there still room for another female character ? If so, what role is under-represented ? Vampire or human ?

Top Cat

Quote from: AlinaLionheart on April 20, 2015, 12:43:16 PM
I might be interested by this game. Is there still room for another female character ? If so, what role is under-represented ? Vampire or human ?
There's definitely more room for ladies. Let me check the role list so far, and I'll make a summary.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Top Cat

Not counting you, Alina, the count is presently:

Two male players with three male characters. One confirmed vamp, two confirmed "normal"
Six female players with six female characters. Two confirmed vamp, three confirmed "normal," one undeclared (ReaperDouble0)

Given that I want 15 or so active players at the start, with the cast being more guests than staff, another female player/character is not a bad thing, and I think that we're "balanced" between staff and guests at the moment. Assuming that we get 15 to start, having 9 female/6 male is what I would consider the upper limit of female players; as I said before, having more ladies can result in more male players.

So, it's up to you what you want to play, Alina. =^_^=

Edit: And to be clear, I don't actually care whether people play characters that match their RL genders. The list above is just what we've got so far.
O/O / Story Seeds

Rook Seidhr

I'm sorry, I thought I made clear that I'll be playing an utterly clueless male normal.

Top Cat

Quote from: Riveda on April 20, 2015, 01:02:00 PM
I'm sorry, I thought I made clear that I'll be playing an utterly clueless male normal.
You may have, and I just missed it. =^_^= I'll update the list.
O/O / Story Seeds

Myrra

Well, I think I just might be interested in playing a female vampire. Is that ok ?

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds

bubby

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Top Cat on April 19, 2015, 07:12:28 PM
@TNT: I'll probably talk with you about drawing up a map of the public areas of the club a bit later, then. =^_^=

Just say the word. If you have any initial thoughts, feel free to PM them to me.

Mortarus

Interested! Would play a "guest" male for sure. As for the race, certainly not a vampire, but still not sure what I'll pick in what's left. :)

Top Cat

*recounts*

Mortarus takes us to 10 interested players. I think I can start processing this as a Game, instead of an "Interest Check." I'll try to cobble together the Character Sheet later today.
O/O / Story Seeds

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Top Cat

Character Application Sheet: Please fill this out! Feel free to give as much extra details as you like for each point.

Character name: _________________
Nickname (if any): _________________

Age (actual and apparent): ________

Race/Supernatural Type: _______________

Job: __________________________

Sexual Orientation: ______________
Sexual Experience: ______________
Sexual Preferences: __________________________________________
Sexual "Offs": ____________________________________________

Basic personality: _________________________________________________

A description of your character: _____________________________________

A picture of your character - feel free to use anime characters, artwork characters, fantasy book characters, or real life pictures, whatever you prefer. You'll also want to make a 150x200 mini-pic for your character for when you post.

If you have difficulty getting pictures, please feel free to post here and ask for help.

Also, just to be clear on this, I will not be reviewing/accepting character sheets until after I get home tonight, more than 6 hours from now. There's no need to rush and get your sheet in immediately.

- - - - - - -

As an example:

Character name: Tobias (no known last name)

Age (actual and apparent): Appears to be in his mid-30s. Actual age unknown

Type: Vampire

Job: Owner and Manager of Nocturne

Sexual Orientation: Hetero-leaning Bisexual
Sexual Experience: Enormous
Sexual Preferences: Oral, vanilla, D/s
Sexual "Offs": Former food, former people. Will not "Submit" to anyone.

Basic personality: Tobias is usually serious and a touch moody, but he enjoys watching other people have fun, and can be coaxed into playing "host" and entertaining people himself now and then. When drawn into sexual encounters, he tends to be playful and teasing more than dark and demanding, despite still being Dominant.

A description of your character: Standing 6'3" tall, Tobias is best described as "tall, dark, and mysterious." His dark-brown hair looks black in the club lighting, and his grey eyes are often called "mesmerizing." Tobias seems to be well-built and athletic, but not "ripped."

O/O / Story Seeds

bubby

Top Cat

Quote from: bubby on April 21, 2015, 03:23:52 PM
You should code that so peeps can C&P it darlin'.
No time. I'm at work right now, and even just that ate up my break time. I'll get to it later.
O/O / Story Seeds

bubby

Quote from: Top Cat on April 21, 2015, 03:25:36 PM
No time. I'm at work right now, and even just that ate up my break time. I'll get to it later.

Aahh gotchya. Ok !  :-)

Gypsy

Character sheet PM'd -- just reaffirming my interest. :-)
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Top Cat

I'm working on the Character Index right now, but I thought it might be a good idea to point out one VERY IMPORTANT detail for the game here: As this is a club that serves alcohol and a sex club, all Guests must be at least 21 years old. Staff can escape that limit somewhat, but Staff that are clearly under 21 in appearance will be relegated to jobs out of the public eye - cooks, and the like.

Highly supernatural characters (Silver was considering making an angelic being, for example) must have some way of passing as 21 if challenged by police - or a really good way of escaping confrontation with authorities. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

Top Cat

Character Index is up. Let me give some additional information on it.

First, I would prefer that Character Index posts be similar to the "Posting Structure" for in-character posts. For that to happen, I need to explain how I want to see in-character posts.

When you're making a post, it is ideal that you lead off the post with some information about the character and location. Even though we will be having multiple threads for in-game locations (possibly a LOT of locations over time, but at least 7 locations to start!), some of those locations are rather large locations. If you're in the Front Dance Hall, for example, are you out on the dance floor, off to the side at a table, over at the bar, standing close to the DJ stage? Are you with someone, or several people? All of this is good information to have at the start.

With that in mind, let me show an example from one of my past games:

Name: Timmy
With: Almost everyone

Tim was stunned at how many people there were in the mansion. SNIP

At the very top of the post, you'll have a code for your character's image (the 150x200 image). Feel free to quote this post and steal my example's formatting. You can FloatLeft or FloatRight the image (it's entirely up to you which you do, both have their advantages). After that, you'll want to add the character name, the location (as general or as specific as you think is necessary), and the people you're interacting with (or expecting to interact with). This way, people who join the location have some quick idea of who is where within that location, and who they're with.

How does this relate to the Character Index? Well, when you post your Character Sheet in the Character Index, I'd like you to have your 150x200 image at the top, Floated left or right. At the bottom of your Character Sheet, you can add other pictures of your character, if you have more than one, and these aren't restricted to the 150x200 limit.

More in a little bit - have to step away from the computer. The two people who have already submitted their characters and had them approved can go ahead and post your Character Sheet in the Index now.

Edit: Back home, now. For those who aren't familiar with them, the Character Index is a fast and easy way to look up other characters, and help you make decisions about who you want to play with. The OP will include a list of the characters and links to the characters' Character Sheets, so that you don't have to scroll through (or CTRL-F) to find the character you're looking for. YOU put the Character Sheets in the Character Index (after you're approved) so that you can make changes as the story progresses, if you feel that certain important events or details need to be added. Character Indexes aren't really necessary for smaller games, but they become more and more important the bigger the game gets, especially if you have people running multiple characters.
O/O / Story Seeds

Gypsy

I didn't see a link for the Character Index, though maybe I just missed it. :-)  Just in case:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227827.0

Please let me know if I've misunderstood anything about the desired format.  Looking forward to playing.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Top Cat

Quote from: GypsyRose on April 21, 2015, 07:37:32 PM
I didn't see a link for the Character Index, though maybe I just missed it. :-)  Just in case:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227827.0
D'oh! :facepalm: I knew I was forgetting something!

QuotePlease let me know if I've misunderstood anything about the desired format.  Looking forward to playing.
Looks excellent. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

bubby

When you have time TC, shoot me a PM about your thoughts on Felicity, so I can start pondering a character bio.

Top Cat

If people want a plot hook for bringing their character to Nocturne for the first time, we're going to start with the idea that Nocturne just started a new advertising campaign in "alternative" culture avenues. Ads in Los Angeles alternate music magazines and newspapers and blogs; posters and flyers at bookstores, music stores, and cafes.
O/O / Story Seeds