What's your favorite H. P. Lovecraft story?

Started by AtlasEros, November 09, 2010, 09:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

*shrugs* I blame it on the PTSD inflicted when White Wolf pulled the oWoD material from the stores, but I actually prefer e-copies. I can print out as many copies as I need and never worry again about them getting soaked/stained/stolen :-)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Callie Del Noire

Don't get me started with White Wolf.. they (the original guys) boned the folks who bought them out and made it impossible for them to keep the feel of the old World of Darkness.

spiritdancer

I think I remember "Shadow over Innsmouth" best. Maybe because I like it the best. No big revelations here (compared to Mountains of Madness), which is probably why the story works so well for me.

I rather do not Lovecrafts Dreamworld stuff ... whatever those stories were really called.

The funny thing for me is, two of the best ... somehow Lovecraft-influenced stories I like are not by him. There's "Shogoth's Old Peculiar" by Neil Gaiman, which is a short story and a wonderful parody of stories like Shadow over Innsmouth.
And there's the movie "In The Mouth of Madness" by John Carpenter.
Ons and Offs

Currently looking for players: [EX various] Superheroines/villainesses - Souls Lost - RP Idea - especially canon (marvel and DC) characters wanted, see link

Behold: The Star towers of the Electic Castle! See how it embraces the sky!
How insignificant the mere mortal, dwarfed by the majesty of its electric edifice.

tuckers02

I bought the Necronomicon: Book on Tape once.  Nearly destroyed the city :p