Wrath of the Righteous (Pathfinder)

Started by Dakkon, October 23, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Lydia has Exposed To Awefulness.

1. Nothing that comes to mind on optional rules.

2.  NC would probably be a safer bet, just to be on the safe side. The mods won't jump on you if non-con doesn't happen, but may if you do non-con in a thread that doesn't have it.
3. 6 of one, half of a dozen the other. I can do either. :)

Howdy my fellow adventurers...As long as you don't stand between me and the bad guys, I'll cover your backs. ;) Need to get more arrows!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on October 31, 2013, 05:01:33 AM
Lydia has Exposed To Awefulness.

1. Nothing that comes to mind on optional rules.

2.  NC would probably be a safer bet, just to be on the safe side. The mods won't jump on you if non-con doesn't happen, but may if you do non-con in a thread that doesn't have it.

3. 6 of one, half of a dozen the other. I can do either. :)

Howdy my fellow adventurers...As long as you don't stand between me and the bad guys, I'll cover your backs. ;) Need to get more arrows!

2. That was what I was thinking too.

3. You can never have enough arrows. Especially when the Creative Designer/Head AP designer lists the adventure path in the "very hard" category.

Ebb

Quote from: FallenDabus on October 31, 2013, 03:50:05 AM
For those of you who are playing, I have three questions for you.

1) Are there any optional rules that you would like to add into the campaign? I've been considering both Fame and Honor, so if you'd like to use either, or any other sub-rules, please let me know.

2) Which category should be place this game in? My first instincts say exotic non-con, since we are going to be dealing with demons, which have many shapes and are not ones who tend to ask for permission, however the majority of play would be able to fit in both the human and tamer-than-noncon categories. Thoughts?

3) The adventure beings at around Noon. Do you want to roleplay the morning of the adventure in the city of Kenebres, or would you like us to get straight into it?

Thanks FallenDabus. This looks like this will be fun to play.

My answers:
1) I'm generally in favor of scaling things back, so I'd lean toward fewer optional systems. Keep in mind that a game played over a forum will already be glacially paced compared to a real-life game, with every player decision point potentially adding a few days of delay, and choose rules that fit well with that format.
2) Exotic non-con sounds fine. Typical practice is to create both an IC and an OOC thread in the appropriate forum, and potentially other threads for storage of character sheets, GM 'handouts', etc.
3) In the interests of keeping up momentum, I'm a fan of very aggressive scene framing on the GM's part, even if that means that you need to manipulate the characters more than you would in live play. In other words, start as close to the action as possible. Action needn't necessarily mean combat, of course.

Dakkon

Quote from: Ebb on October 31, 2013, 06:30:46 AM
Thanks FallenDabus. This looks like this will be fun to play.

My answers:
1) I'm generally in favor of scaling things back, so I'd lean toward fewer optional systems. Keep in mind that a game played over a forum will already be glacially paced compared to a real-life game, with every player decision point potentially adding a few days of delay, and choose rules that fit well with that format.
2) Exotic non-con sounds fine. Typical practice is to create both an IC and an OOC thread in the appropriate forum, and potentially other threads for storage of character sheets, GM 'handouts', etc.
3) In the interests of keeping up momentum, I'm a fan of very aggressive scene framing on the GM's part, even if that means that you need to manipulate the characters more than you would in live play. In other words, start as close to the action as possible. Action needn't necessarily mean combat, of course.

1. Oh, I'm quite well aware of that, don't worry.

2. Deal. I usually keep it to just one IC thread and one OCC thread since I find that having more tends to increase the time it takes between posts. A handouts thread may be a good idea though...

3. Of course not. I only offer since there is a trade off between action and impact. Role-playing the morning would definitely increase the impact here, but it can stand on its own as well. We'll see what the other two say and take it from there.

knightsdestiny

Aw... a shame. I had no idea how hard it actually was to get into a group game. lol

Erich Norden

Thanks for picking Idise. :)

1. I'm not partial to any optional rule set in particular.
2. I think this would be determined by how you intend to portray the setting and opponents.  NC: Exotic sounds fine, as does Extreme (in case of particularly violent or gruesome scenes).
3. Probably better to jump right into it, unless you've got something specific in mind.  Otherwise, it would just be a matter of my character waking up in the camp outside town, getting breakfast and possibly having a look around before going to the cathedral square.

Blinkin

Getting into pathfinder games on E is a cut-throat world... so it's better to play a rogue and use that sneak attack option often. ;)

I only get into 1 out of every 4 or 5 games I try for... just not enough games and everyone wants to be in all of them. If you take a look, you'll see a lot of the same names in more than half of them. *chuckles*
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Okay, since the general concenceous seems to be for Non-Con, I've created an OCC thread for us there. I think I'm going to play it as torture and stuff do happen, but it will either be off screen or mostly left to the imagination, since they are so good at filling in the details. I just need to test one or two things out, then I'll get the game thread up and running!

Dakkon

Give that we've had two votes to get right into it and that's my instinct as well, the game thread is now live. I'm hoping Callie won't mind, but that will cut down on some of the waiting, please feel free to start posting.

knightsdestiny

Blinkin ... well that's no fun if it's usually the same people getting picked.

I suppose it's just as well for this one, though, I won't feel so guilty when I start running it for my group IRL after the current path I'm running lol

Hmm... Maybe I should consider GMing a game on these forums.

Ghostwheel

I'm sure you would not lack for players ;)

Blinkin

Well, it's not always the exact same group, but you'll see a few names reappearing at fairly regular intrivals. There's an ol' boys network, althought it's not really an ol' boy's network.

No, you won't lack for players. You'll definently not have a lack of interest... I would be surprised if you didn't get between 9 and 19 interested people. I keep popping up because I never have a game that runs for more than a few weeks and so, I never have more than 1 pathfinder game at any given time for more than about a week. At the moment, I have this one and a 3.5 game... and that's the extent of my group games... need to get more solo's! lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on November 02, 2013, 10:06:02 AM
Well, it's not always the exact same group, but you'll see a few names reappearing at fairly regular intrivals. There's an ol' boys network, althought it's not really an ol' boy's network.

No, you won't lack for players. You'll definently not have a lack of interest... I would be surprised if you didn't get between 9 and 19 interested people. I keep popping up because I never have a game that runs for more than a few weeks and so, I never have more than 1 pathfinder game at any given time for more than about a week. At the moment, I have this one and a 3.5 game... and that's the extent of my group games... need to get more solo's! lol
Well, we'll be fixing that time span with this one ;)

If we do end up having to replace some player though, I will definitely keep you guys in mind.

Blinkin

What? You mean if my 2 1's in a row does manage to kill me at 1st level, I won't get to come back with a replacement character? ;)

I'm a firm believer in those who hit first get the first chance for filling in slots. This could be a bloddy and lethal game!.. I'm enjoying it already.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

knightsdestiny

Not been having much luck on the solo front either. I had a few going, but think all but one has ditched me. :/

All boys huh? I remember the days when I was the only female gamer at the table, when female gamers were unheard of. Fun Times.

Sucks though your group ones die out on you. I'll give it some thought for sure, maybe start something after my research paper.

Blinkin

My longest running table-top game was actually 1/2 women. 3 guys and 3 girls. I tend to think that a female role-player in a group adds to the experience simply because they thing differently than men... and it's fun to be able to have charactgers flirt. lol

It is approaching mid-terms, isn't it? I remember those days... not with all that much fondness. llol I wish you luck.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

knightsdestiny

Midterms are over for my school and I only had two. this is just the one research paper for my astronomy class. Pretty much the only assignment for the class. I'll take the good luck wishes though. :D I've been overwhelmed with information on Blackholes and Neutron Stars ... last time I wrote a paper, the internet wasn't allowed to be used. lol

Blinkin

Sorta like the last time I took a math class, calculators weren't allowed... you had to do all of that fancy trig stuff by hand... Now, ask me if I've actually used any of it in the last 20 odd years?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Inash

I have used some of that, but I went into engineering.

Dakkon

Sadly, we've had to part ways with one of our players due to a lack on consistent posting, leaving us with a vacancy. We are looking for a female arcane spellcaster to fill that vacancy.

The campaign traits currently in use are Touched by Divinity, Child of the Crusades, and Exposed to Awefulness. Please select one of the unused campaign traits for your character.

This countdown clock will let you know how long you have until I pick a character.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140222T12&p0=2

Ghostwheel

I'll give it a go, and already have a character done. Does the character have to be female? Or could I use the original character I statted out on the first page?

Dakkon

Quote from: Ghostwheel on February 15, 2014, 02:52:10 AM
I'll give it a go, and already have a character done. Does the character have to be female? Or could I use the original character I statted out on the first page?
When I made the original group, I tried to balance the genders so there would both be males and females. So if you are tied heart and soul to your original character, that's alright, you can use him, but I'd like to keep the gender balance even if possible.