Sept of the Emerald Glade (Big Game) [Any Gender Players Wanted]

Started by Josietta, February 07, 2011, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 19, 2011, 06:32:32 PM
Okay, so...without a strict system in place, how exactly do things get resolved, if I may ask?

It's semi freeform.  Everyone has a list of "powers"... things that they are good at or have going for them.  Compare "powers" and see if one person has an overwhelming advantage in whatever contest is in dispute.  Common sense should apply but if the outcome is in doubt in a match between 2 PCs, discuss things in PMs and try and come to a reasonable agreement.  If the outcome is between a PC and an NPC, we the GMs will make the call.  We won't have every single NPC wipe the floor with your characters... we believe in drama and showcasing the PCs, but if an NPC is too much (and some of them may be), be aware that if you pick a fight without backup against certain foes, you may lose.  Character death is not something taken lightly... ie, we won't do it unless the player agrees to it, but we will enforce things like battle scars even if you do survive a savage wound.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Josietta

New criteria for PCs:

We are not accepting bete as PCs at this time. (IE no corax, nuwisha, naga etc)

We are not accepting cubs or anyone who has never been to the Sept. You could've visited and are returning but cannot be a stranger. Its too taxing and repetitive to play out over and over.

We are not accepting any PC with the power (gift) of speed. Its already a common power and there's so much more out there to choose from. So no more speedster types.

As always, feel free to ask questions here, in the OOC or pm Lunar and myself.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

Links to the OOC Thread and Info Thread can be found on the first post of this thread.

Pretty in Pink

Oh em gee, you have just made me the happiest little kitsune in the whole wide world!  You are absolutely AMAZING!  Is this still actually going enough that I can join?
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Josietta

PiP! *hugs*

yes it is indeed! :) feel free to work up a sheet and pm it to me and Lunar anytime you're ready!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pretty in Pink

LunarSage

Welcome, PiP!  :-)

A few things to consider when making your character...

Your character will have to already be a member of the Sept.  We are not accepting newcomers to the Sept, nor are we accepting any cubs.

I would also ask you to thoroughly read the information we've laid out in the interest and game information threads, as well as checking out the existing character sheets for reference.  Those threads should answer most of your questions.  It's a lot of information but I feel it's all pertinent. 

The main things that are different in this game from the canon WtA setting are...

-No Ranks.  You're either a cub, a Garou or an Elder.  Player characters must start out as regular Garou. 
-No Metis, as in Metis don't exist in our world.
-No gifts as you know them, unless you choose one as a "power"  (ie gifts aren't a given in this game other than the one that comes with your Auspice).  "Powers" are anything from gifts to abilities and skills... things you are good at.  If you don't take fighting as a "power", for example, it's assumed that your fighting ability is minimal.  If you do choose a gift as a "power", please don't have it be a gift that's above rank 2 by the books.  Gifts that are more powerful are attainable later, but for now no starting level PC has access to that kind of power.

If you have any other questions, PM both me and Josietta or ask in the OOC thread and I'm sure you'll be answered promptly.  The OOC thread also has a list of PCs and a map of the Sept.

Again, we look forward to seeing your sheet! 

Pretty in Pink

Done, done, done, and working on the sheet.  And I noted the notice on the one post, and you're getting another female!

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pretty in Pink

Just about done with her, and she's going to be one of the tribes that you don't have any of yet.

Josietta

Sweet! Just Pm her over to both me and LunarSage whenever you get it all finished up!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Cadavar

Ok here goes. *takes a deep breath and rubs his palms together with excitement*. Can I play pretty please with wolf fangs on top?

I have an idea for a character and after reading some more i think i will fit right in :)

I will send you both my character sheet draft while you consider my joining

Cadavar

Josietta

Quote from: Cadavar on July 21, 2011, 01:51:45 AM
Ok here goes. *takes a deep breath and rubs his palms together with excitement*. Can I play pretty please with wolf fangs on top?

I have an idea for a character and after reading some more i think i will fit right in :)

I will send you both my character sheet draft while you consider my joining

Cadavar

Yay! I'm so glad to hear from you! I got your sheet and replied back. It looks good just a small detail I mentioned in the PM. Lunar should be getting back to you as well within the hour.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Josietta

We are still looking for players. We'd prefer at least one or two more females. We have a ratio of 5 females to 7 males (counting the newly approved and not counting those inactive.)

Send in any interest questions either here or via PM to LunarSage -and- Josietta. Or just send us your character sheet and we'll get you worked asap. :) 

Just remember the points above on creating a new character and you'll be golden. We have a great plot moving onward and the meat of it will be starting soon. If you'd like to get in on that please do send over a sheet for approval and we'd be happy to have you join us!

Currently our ranks are being placed into packs of three. So three different groups of varying types. Digital Spirits (theurge/glasswalker/bonegnawer sort of urban pack), Gaia's Vengeful Tears (a front liner warrior pack), and an unnamed new pack of those who can do a variety of things.

Again send in those sheets and feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. :) 

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

EbonyQueen

I know next to nothing about the setting, but Josi and Lunar are awesome to play with!

LunarSage

You're just as awesome, EbonyQueen!  ;D

You thinking about playing werewolf with us?  That would be very cool.  :-)

EbonyQueen

Quote from: LunarSage on July 21, 2011, 10:31:31 AM
You're just as awesome, EbonyQueen!  ;D

You thinking about playing werewolf with us?  That would be very cool.  :-)

I love playing with you two so I seriously ponder it! But it might be a disservice to the group since I know both diddly and squat about White Wolf!

LunarSage

Honestly, everything you need to know to play this game is on the first page of the OOC Thread and on the Game Information Thread.  Read those and you'll have the understanding you'll need.  No former experience with White-Wolf is necessary.  We have our own version of the world.  :-)

We would -love- to have you, EQ!  :-)

ArtemisHighmore

Okay I am gonna throw my hat in for this one. Still not sure one where to go and what to do but hey, why not show a little interest.

LunarSage

Welcome, Artemis!  :-)

A few things to consider when making your character...

Your character will have to already be a member of the Sept.  We are not accepting newcomers to the Sept, nor are we accepting any cubs.

I would also ask you to thoroughly read the information we've laid out in the interest and game information threads, as well as checking out the existing character sheets for reference.  Those threads should answer most of your questions.  It's a lot of information but I feel it's all pertinent. 

The main things that are different in this game from the canon WtA setting are...

-No Ranks.  You're either a cub, a Garou or an Elder.  Player characters must start out as regular Garou. 
-No Metis, as in Metis don't exist in our world.
-No gifts as you know them, unless you choose one as a "power"  (ie gifts aren't a given in this game other than the one that comes with your Auspice).  "Powers" are anything from gifts to abilities and skills... things you are good at.  If you don't take fighting as a "power", for example, it's assumed that your fighting ability is minimal.  If you do choose a gift as a "power", please don't have it be a gift that's above rank 2 by the books.  Gifts that are more powerful are attainable later, but for now no starting level PC has access to that kind of power.

If you have any other questions, PM both me and Josietta or ask in the OOC thread and I'm sure you'll be answered promptly.  The OOC thread also has a list of PCs and a map of the Sept.

Again, we look forward to seeing your sheet! 

((Yeah... I'm the copy and paste king!  Boo yah!  :P))

ArtemisHighmore

I shall give them a better read over today and hopefully get something up for you.

LunarSage

We're still recruiting both male and female characters for our Semi-Freeform OWoD Werewolf game!  Hop aboard, because we're headed for big game status!

We have plot planned!  ;D

Soral

This looks right up my alley! I have to leave for work soon but just wanted to drop in, say hello, and will be back again here to read more and develop a character.  ;D

Josietta

We'd love to have you! We're just about to get into a big plot.  If you have any questions feel free to ask away and please do PM LunarSage and myself with your character sheet. :) Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

LunarSage

Hi there, Soral!  Glad to meet you.  :-)

We've just gotten to the point in game where the main plot is starting.  We'd love to see what kind of character you can come up with!  Just remember, established characters only (that is, characters who have been a part of the Sept and have met those in charge and whatnot for at least two weeks) and choose one of the three packs to be a part of.  They are:

Digital Spirits - An Urban Pack focused highly on spirits with a lot of Theurge members.  Their alpha is an NPC Glasswalker.

Gaia's Vengeful Tears - A front line warrior pack dedicated to tearing the Wyrm asunder.  Their alpha is a Get of Fenris Ahroun named Erik who also acts as the Sept's Warder.

Unnamed New Pack - A mixed pack that was just formed at the behest of the Sept Elders.  Their role is uncertain as of yet.  Their alpha is a Black Fury Ragabash named Claire.