Why did you choose your current avatar?

Started by Moraline, December 17, 2012, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

I kind of like the hiding of the face. 'People can't see me so they don't know what to really expect of me' And of course the colors...
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

diamonedsky

I've had this image saved for a while. I love the lighting and the colors, and how delicate she seems. I finally chose it as my avatar because of some troubles I've been having in the "love" department lately, and I thought it was the perfect visual description of my mood and life at the moment.
O/O   ☆   A/A   ☆   Avatars
Van Halen - Tattoo

Remy

And I changed mine a couple of weeks ago, after a long time disinterested in changing, because I love red..and I think the picture is romantic and pretty. No other reason.

SummerWhispers

I have had this one for almost a year, except for the occasional holiday or couple of days for a quick change. I am not sure why I do not like to change to often, perhaps the model I feel suits my personality. The tousled beach hair and soft lighting I think give her a distinctive look.

Kazyth

Because while the Beast is sort of my icon at this point, I was kinda feeling like I should change things up for a bit.  Saw this pic in a bunch posted elsewhere on the board, and thought it perfect for teasing the lovely ladies, gents who like gents, and those who's sexuality is more fluid.  *nods*
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Moraline

@Kazyth, consider me thoroughly teased... YUMMY!

Okay, I've switched my avatars several times since I last posted. Currently, this one just suited my mood more, t-shirt and casual clubbing.. can't see it but she's wearing some shredded black jeans too. That and I was listening to some Common Man Down (logo on black t-shirt shirt.)

Common Man Down - Self Addiction

Rolo

My current avatar is the forth (or fifth) in a series over the past couple of years.  The original had a woman that had her hand on the belt.  That on I found in the E archives.  Since then it has been fun trying to find progressive avatars until I have reached the point that I am at now.  Not sure if there is much further I can go!  lol

Seduction is merely hypnosis with desire!

-KAI-

Dirty old man in training!
Sneaky Little Bastard!

Kitsunetsuki

My avatars always have big round bottoms...sometimes it's just the bottom (like now), sometimes the whole woman. Some pics are more playful than others, which reflects my mood. As for THIS particular avatar, this is usually the position I'm in while surfing E, so I thought it was fitting. :)
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Lorelei Adelaide

My current Avatar? I adore Pin up. Specifically the art from the forties and fifties. None of the new stuff, though I will admit some of it has me intrigued.
I'm a fishin' in the dark nitty gritty girl.

O/Os|Preferences|Idea's
Apologies and Absences

diamonedsky

I chose this GIF because it immediately grabbed my attention, and I fell in love with it.

Now, it being rather close to Valentine's Day, I could think of no better time to spread the love. <3
Van Halen - Tattoo

Cyrano Johnson

I chose mine on account of it's a picture of a Lord. That's it, really...
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Chris Brady

Greenthorn liked a long time ago.  So why not?  It's not like I don't choose 'cool' or 'silly' avatars on a whim anyway.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

WindVoyager

Im a  robophile and wanted my avatar to reflect that

Violence

I've been obsessed with ballet themes lately because of a writing project I'm working on... and Giselle is my favorite... and the dance of the wills is my favorite part of my favorite. :)

And there's only so many times I can select images that match my name before I feel like I should end up on some kind of watch list.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.

Braioch

-eyes his own avatar-

Do I really need to say?
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Boxy

Because I drew it, mostly. :P  I think I can do better, but until then I think this one will stay.

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Sasquatch421

Saerrael

Because it drew me in. Just like every avatar I've had and will have. So, it will stay up until I find another image I just have to use. Which will probably (99.9%) be another piece of (digital) art again.

diamonedsky

I try to make my avatars into physical interpretations of what I'm generally feeling during a period of time. That being said, my last avatar -- a girl walking through snow -- represented me trying to fight my way through my first heartbreak. The one I wear now is my default for other sites and applications and doesn't necessarily represent a mood because I couldn't really define one.. I just knew it wasn't fighting my way through an emotional storm anymore, even though it was one of my favorite avatars. The lyrics with this image are what define it, unlike my other avatars where the image defines the lyrics. Basically... it's a dedication of sorts to those who helped me along the way, through that storm.. and especially to one person particularly. It's for my friends, both in real life and on E. ;D :-*
Van Halen - Tattoo

Jmorty33

Childhood hero. I even got to meet Johnny Yong Bosch at a convention that was in town, he was so freaking cool. I even got him to sign a few things for me.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Sasquatch421

It's Bon Jovi... Nuff said plus I'm in that 80's music mood....

Lorelei Adelaide

I chose Natalie Dormer because she is sexy as fuck.
I'm a fishin' in the dark nitty gritty girl.

O/Os|Preferences|Idea's
Apologies and Absences

Observing Trifles

All of my avatars are girly boys or models outside the gender binary, probably because I relate to them. By choosing their photos for my avatars, I'm conveying my personal aesthetic on my profile. :-)

In this case, I picked Edward Vigiletti because... he's gorgeous. I'll probably go back to Andrej Pejic for April.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

DeadCell

I chose my avatar after reading a book about fallen angels. I love the fallen hero archetype in books, being twisted and manipulated into something far from what they originally were. I suppose I kind of saw that in this current avatar I am using.

ONS AND OFFS / Click Me For Story Ideas /
What is the colour of night?