[E X A L T E D] Pseudo-Modern Action Fantasy; Recruiting a Full New Team!

Started by Aethyrium, April 20, 2024, 04:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Nyx

Quote from: Aethyrium on April 23, 2024, 12:16:53 PMIn the question about things people might have noticed outside your team, you list that he has a big ol' anger and super spiteful 'n stuff. I am curious, what do you think happened that let people see this? What's the tea?!

I was just thinking... he's such a chill and relatively lovable lazy-head, wouldn't it be epic if he just went volcanic level spaz on someone?!

SO... my guess is it would have been an absolutely public situation--a challenge gone wrong/rigged or a case of bullying toward one of his new friends? Maybe some sort of antagonistic behavior in a 'boys will be boys' sort of way that just escalated insanely quickly, and probably required some official intervention and/or earned everyone involved a stern talking to. But yeah case in point for most everyone involved: let that kid nap and don't make him angry 'cause that's flippin' scary.

Those Hollow better watch out! XD

Quote from: Crash on April 23, 2024, 12:56:20 PMHaha.  Meena is such a goody goody.  It has interfered with her partners less than above board ideas.

Meena is a friendly extroverted Silenus who would be happy to get to know anyone. 

I've been reading her lately, she seems like a sweetie for sure. :3 Epic heroine is definitely a good look for her.

Crash

Quote from: Miss Nyx on April 23, 2024, 01:08:39 PMI've been reading her lately, she seems like a sweetie for sure. :3 Epic heroine is definitely a good look for her.

Such a fine like between believing the good in everyone and coming off as sanctimonious.  Not sure I have always managed that but trying!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Miss Nyx

Quote from: Crash on April 23, 2024, 01:25:25 PMSuch a fine like between believing the good in everyone and coming off as sanctimonious.  Not sure I have always managed that but trying!

Hey, I get a feeling growing pains are a thing most are going to go through on their path to being righteous defenders of the world. Hopefully Meena's not hard on herself for having a sound moral compass...

Raev might learn a thing or two from her, that pompous miscreant. XD

Envious

@Aethyrium

QuoteYou just do it, unless you're actively making yourself not do it.

I has new plot idea now xoxo

Crash

Quote from: Envious on April 23, 2024, 01:30:47 PM@Aethyrium

I has new plot idea now xoxo

This isn’t about Meena smacking Farrah around the training room with Heart of the Mountain to test her soul is it?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Aethyrium

Quote from: Miss Nyx on April 23, 2024, 01:08:39 PMSO... my guess is it would have been an absolutely public situation--a challenge gone wrong/rigged or a case of bullying toward one of his new friends?

GIRL DO I HAVE THE STORYTELLER CHARACTER FOR YOU.

If you're feeling froggy, take a read of this post.

Miss Nyx

Quote from: Aethyrium on April 23, 2024, 11:05:08 PMGIRL DO I HAVE THE STORYTELLER CHARACTER FOR YOU.

If you're feeling froggy, take a read of this post.

Ohhhhmahgawwwd oh no he didn’t—Poor Lolo! She totally doesn’t have to take that. And also he is just the perfect little punk lmao! 😱🤣 Methinks he’d be perfect for a Raev explosion… especially if he and Lolo end up friendly.

Honestly she seems absolutely capable of holding her own so Raevyn wouldn’t cramp her style coming in with the whole damsel/knight routine… unless she wanted that… then ArtanASS will be promptly challenged to fisticuffs and he better hope he can put his money where his mouth is! 😤

shengami

Quote from: Miss Nyx on April 23, 2024, 11:17:33 PMOhhhhmahgawwwd oh no he didn’t—Poor Lolo! She totally doesn’t have to take that. And also he is just the perfect little punk lmao! 😱🤣 Methinks he’d be perfect for a Raev explosion… especially if he and Lolo end up friendly.

Honestly she seems absolutely capable of holding her own so Raevyn wouldn’t cramp her style coming in with the whole damsel/knight routine… unless she wanted that… then ArtanASS will be promptly challenged to fisticuffs and he better hope he can put his money where his mouth is! 😤
TBF, Artanis did just pull an epic move and saved Meena. But he is an ass.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Miss Nyx

Quote from: shengami on April 23, 2024, 11:43:02 PMTBF, Artanis did just pull an epic move and saved Meena. But he is an ass.

Mmmmhm, heroic with good intentions? Or so he can brag/gloat about it later huh?!

Let me dial it back srsly, Raevyn isn’t even close to as confrontational as I am. 🤣

Crash

Quote from: Miss Nyx on April 23, 2024, 11:50:34 PMMmmmhm, heroic with good intentions? Or so he can brag/gloat about it later huh?!

Let me dial it back srsly, Raevyn isn’t even close to as confrontational as I am. 🤣

It wasn’t because he likes Meena that’s for sure.  Maybe dislikes her less than others and probably more so because he likes her Partner, Farrah. 😆

Rashol

Is the team recruited? Is there anything I should avoid or lean towards to help my application?

Kind regards.

FyreFoxx

Quote from: Rashol on April 24, 2024, 08:36:44 AMIs the team recruited? Is there anything I should avoid or lean towards to help my application?

Kind regards.

You still have a few days for an application! Have at it!

You are welcomed to go peep at the current cast here if you want to get an idea of what's already in play (with a few no longer here). Brief synopses of the teams were listed in the first few posts.
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Crash

The recruitment is still open.  I think at this point it is a make what you want to play sort of thing and Aethy will determine what characters make the most sense when everything is submitted.

shengami

Agreed. Make what your passions want. That's going to please the Aethy more than trying to fill gaps.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Lyrical

Quote from: Aethyrium on April 23, 2024, 12:16:53 PM@Lyrical | Let's take a look at Bri.

Oh, the centered text for weapons and the original questions was a feature of the sheet, not a bug! We can fix it in post if need be. XD

Stats look good. Tiny girl. Neat weapon! Useful Shimmer.

We have had a sore lack of characters that want to be Champions because it's the right thing to do. So I really appreciate this aspect. Neat history overall, actually. I like the farming bits - gives me something fun to tug at.

Her pain point about wanting to join the military is a fun addition - and plays a lot into her attendance of Hammer. Champions who graduate the battle academy are allowed to join the military with a rank comparable to an officer. So she found the loophole... Just has to survive the next four years.

I think I'd like to see your answers to - List one or more (different!) things that people outside of your team might have noticed about you while attending Hammer - get changed up. You cover her being pale in the question above, and her height is right there on her sheet! Maybe look at mannerisms, habits, things liked, or things avoided. Class engagement? Other things, a little deeper than surface level stuff!

Wonderful answers to thing's she's gotten up to in the last month. That's exactly the kind stuff I'm looking for.

And your extra blurb at the bottom is totally welcome. More information is great. Plus, fun fighting style notes.

Okay... I really like your offering here Lyrical, she's awesome. I think just the changes to that one question noted above, and I'll be perfectly content with where she's at. Awesome job!
I made the modification to the written section as requested in my last post now. Hope that works

As for the formatting, i tried it centred again and it doesn't seem to play well with my sheet. Maybe you would have better luck? It keeps centering the whole upper middle and below on me and just looks terrible..help please mighty coding wizard

Rashol

Thanks everyone! I'm tempted to resurrect my old shimmer on a new application and see where it goes.

FyreFoxx

Quote from: Rashol on April 24, 2024, 10:02:48 AMThanks everyone! I'm tempted to resurrect my old shimmer on a new application and see where it goes.

Oh, I remember now! You had the fisher boy!

Welcome back? :D Come play with us! Do whatever you think is best for the new application!

CurvyKitten

Flail!!!!! Timing I was wanting get back into E. Would there be room for one more still? 

Crash

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 24, 2024, 10:17:08 AMFlail!!!!! Timing I was wanting get back into E. Would there be room for one more still?

With Namid again or someone new?

Recruitment is still open so I don’t see why you couldn’t submit something.

Miss Nyx

To anybody who's lurking and on the fence about writing up a CS... I say dooooo itttttttttt! Top notch writing crew here. I've been loving what I've read of the game, I'm not even in yet, it's so exciting. XD

Crash

Aethy is the best GM.  Especially if you don’t mind tormenting your characters in the best drama inducing ways. 😁

FyreFoxx

Quote from: Miss Nyx on April 24, 2024, 10:36:19 AMTo anybody who's lurking and on the fence about writing up a CS... I say dooooo itttttttttt! Top notch writing crew here. I've been loving what I've read of the game, I'm not even in yet, it's so exciting. XD

Absolutely adore the people here. Had never written with any prior, love to write more with them all. Top notch, for sure!

Quote from: Crash on April 24, 2024, 10:41:24 AMAethy is the best GM.  Especially if you don’t mind tormenting your characters in the best drama inducing ways. 😁

I couldn't agree more! This was my first group game ever and I've been absolutely spoiled by our wonderful GM.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Crash on April 24, 2024, 10:23:03 AMWith Namid again or someone new?

Recruitment is still open so I don’t see why you couldn’t submit something.
Not sure. Reading her sheet trying to get a feel for her again as we speak. See if the muse speaks to me. I know I didn’t get to do much with her story. 

Aethyrium

Quote from: Rashol on April 24, 2024, 08:36:44 AMIs the team recruited? Is there anything I should avoid or lean towards to help my application?

Kind regards.
Hello again, Rashol! Awesome to see you and a second round of interest ^^

The team is not recruited yet. Plans are to keep recruitment up for several days yet before making selections. So if you'd like to Thomas another go - or make someone new - you're certainly welcome to!

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 24, 2024, 10:17:08 AMFlail!!!!! Timing I was wanting get back into E. Would there be room for one more still?
Well, what a most unexpected surprise. There is still room. I need at minimum 4 characters to even recruit the new team at all, and have space for up to 6. Right now we only have the 2 actual submissions. So, very much room to submit.

Right now the plan is to keep recruitment open until the 30th (a small extension cause I got delayed unexpectedly) and then make final selection for characters, provided there are sufficient submissions then.

As always, not first come first serve, but I would love to see all of the offerings to pick from!

Aethyrium

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 24, 2024, 10:56:57 AMNot sure. Reading her sheet trying to get a feel for her again as we speak. See if the muse speaks to me. I know I didn’t get to do much with her story.
Someone new would be easier for me. But I'm not necessarily opposed to a return of Namid. But in case of recruitment, we would need to work out how she ends up returning.

Ultimately I'd prefer a new character, but am open if Namid ends up pulling on you really hard.