Fighting the Mist - Avalanche Academy (female characters wanted)

Started by Sephiriel, April 01, 2014, 09:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephiriel

Hello everyone,

We're looking for two or three more female characters for our RWBY inspired group game. If you aren't familiar with the RWBY project, please check out this Youtube link and the RWBY Wiki

We are mostly looking for OCs to introduce into Chapter 2 of the story. Knowing what's (been) taking place in Chapter 1 isn't mandatory, nor necessary, the second part will start from scratch as far as your character is concerned. Some of the relationships developed between the "old cast" remain and everyone will be informed previously with details on request.

If you lovely ladies (and gents playing lovely ladies) are interested in the general setting of the game and the IC story so far, here are a few useful links:

CHARACTER SHEETS, SETTING, OTHER INFO

MISSIONS

Anyone interested please make a reply here or send me a PM.

Character sheet:

[b]Name:[/b] First and last
[b]Age: [/b]All applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply for the Academy.
[b]Gender & Sexuality:[/b] No explanation needed
[b]Year:[/b] All PC Hunters are first years. The Academy goes for three years.
[b]Team:[/b] To be assigned by staff. The Academy insists upon four-person teams.

[b]Appearance:[/b]  What do they look like? Pictures are more than welcome, but if you'd like to make a note of some difference, or if you prefer to go pictureless, this is the spot where you write it out.

[b]Weapon:[/b] Most weapons in RWBY are both projectile and melee weapons, such as Ruby's Crescent Rose, which is a scythe and high velocity sniper rifle, or Yang's Ember Celica, which are shotgun-gauntlets.  Weapons may change between shapes and forms (like Ruby's), or stay the same (Yang's). Projectiles should be noted as either using Dust capsules for ammunition (like Yang's), or fueled by Aura. Take note that Aura using weapons do put a drain on their user. If Dust is used, keep in mind that Dust capsules are explosives, and do have weight. They can also run out. Ultimately, both Aura and Dust weapons have their pros and cons.

[b]Fighting Style:[/b] fast and furious? Slow and ponderous? How does your character handle violent confrontations, especially against the Grimm?

[b]Aura Color & Intensity:[/b]  Those with stronger Auras tend to be better with magic, and using their Aura. Those with weaker Auras tend to be physically robust and powerful. Keep in mind what sort of character you are aiming to play as. Color is determined predominantly by the personality of the person. Please refer to [url=http://zacjohnson.com/the-emotions-of-color-in-marketing/]this[/url] article to help you decide on an appropriate color. Also note, that some characters may have a 'mixed' Aura, usually indicating a more complex attitude towards life.

[b]Semblance:[/b] Not everyone in the world has a Semblance, though the player characters, being a cut above the average person, do.  A Semblance is a unique skill or ability. Please refer to [url=http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Semblance]This[/url] article when coming up with your own, unique Semblance. And remember, using a Semblance does take a toll on its user.

[b]Biography:[/b] A brief bit about the characters history.  Where have they been, what have they done, what experiences in life have pushed them to pursue the career of Huntsman or Huntress?

[b]Personality:[/b] A few sentences about the characters state of mind.  Are they happy? Energetic? Mopey? So on, so forth.

Wheresmycow

To anyone who seems interested: it's a lot of fun, I'd recommend checking the RP out to see if it's something you'd enjoy.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheLegionary

I definitively echo the words of wheresmycow! It is a really fun game!

Sephiriel

And it will get so much more with new members! We also have cookies AND we're not the darkside.

Niki315

Looks pretty cool.  I already have a RWBY character from a different game that never got played.  Maybe I can adapt her.

Vaulera

I really like the ideas, from what I've seen, but I'm not terribly solid on the lore of the universe, as I just started today. I could take a crack at making a character though!

Saric

Regrettably the GM has been forced to take a brake from the Forums and the game is on indefinite hiatus.

I thank you for your interest and apologize for your lost time.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Vaulera

Oh now that's extremely unfortunate, but I wish her well. Is there an appointed Co-GM for the game, or is Jane single handedly responsible for running the game?