On The Run Cheka Man/EvaEverHeart

Started by Cheka Man, May 11, 2022, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvaEverheart

The golden eyes of the Orcish princess seemed to light up, become brighter in their hue as the Orc man pledged his loyalty to her. A heavy sigh of relief tore the weighted burden of carrying this secret and mission alone from her shoulders. She clasped his forearm in her own with a bright smile crossing her features. "You are a brave and loyal man, Kall... your tribe would do best with you as their leader. Perhaps one day, you shall lead, as your Tina would have seen you do."

If there was any way to repay him, then perhaps, one day, she would return to his tribe and help him take back his place as Chief. It was his rightful place, not his brothers. Only cowards plotted in darkness behind walls, not facing their enemies or proclaiming challenge. Kall was no coward. Kindness was not cowardly. Not wanting to spill the blood of one's kin, was not cowardly. It was Orc. They would get no where as mindless barbarians, and the bloodlines would end as quickly as they began.

As he spoke of the horses, Helen began to rummage through one of the smaller pockets, pulling out a fine hammered bracelet of silver, embroidered along the edge in gold with four emerald stones set apace. "I think perhaps this might get us some horses, supplies... and perhaps the men buying us some time," she stated, biting her lip as she looked to Kall and then back to the guards. "If they resist... don't kill them, knock them unconscious. I don't want to leave a blood trail behind us that will incite more hate than necessary."

If she was caught, the princess wanted people on her side, not against her, and a murder spree would not help that. With a plan in mind, Helen set to walk down the slope towards the camp of the mines. They were still rather soaked, as well as their backpacks water logged. "Gentlemen!" she called out to the guards, making them aware of their presence as she held up her hands, showing off the bracelet and to show she was unarmed. "We would like to do some fair trade and business with you! We're travelers, and I clumsily fell into the river- my partner here had to jump in after me. We'd like to fairly trade for two of your horses, and some fresh supplies." Not many trusted Orcs, so there was no telling what they'd do.

Cheka Man

Kall felt pleased when he saw Helen's golden eyes brighten. She liked him and trusted him like he liked and trusted her, and when the eyes of an Orc-any Orc, not just royalty, light up like that, they were clearly genuinely happy. Smiles, just like with humans, could be faked, but not so much an eye-glow like that. She was fast becoming a genuine friend. He did not of course expect any more then that. He was a commoner and she was of royal blood. Of the guards, one was a human and one a fellow Orc. In this mine at least, humans and Orcs seemed to get along reasonably well. He was ready to fight if he needed to, but, this time at least, it turned out he didn't have to. That bangle was worth a lot of money, and the guards happily sold them their own horses, with full water-bottles, pillows and blankets as well. The guards would still have money left over even when they brought new horses for themselves. All the same, it was best to get out of there reasonably quickly. Apart from anything else, there were wargs and their riders on their trail, wanting to drag the Princess Helen back to the castle to be married off and taken to Barrthland to be used as a concubine. And Kall really didn't want that to happen to her.

It was a few hours later when they needed to decide where to go next-to an inn, or to sleep out in the open or in a cave if they could find it.

EvaEverheart

It was a great comfort to the Princess Helen, to have a loyal companion as Kall. The son of a Warchief, he'd no doubt prove to be capable and strong in a fight should it come to that, but as the two rode their horses along through the forests, another thought came to Helen's mind. Kall... could have turned her in. He could have pretended to help her. He could have subdued her and turned her right around to take her back to her father. Such a return would have earned him great wealth and influence from her father. Wealth and influence enough... to overthrow his brothers into exile or jail where they belonged and take his proper place upon his father's throne. No doubt her father had some reward out for her capture.

Yet... Kall not once even hinted at an interest in turning her in. He was loyal to the ways of an Orc. Freedom and self-preservation. Chains, no matter if they were physical or metaphorical, would not bind a true Orc. The sun was beginning to lower over their surroundings before Helen finally broke the silence. It felt... strange, to have a companion along who wasn't consistently ogling her or whom she had to body slam or stab to prove herself towards. It was welcomed, but... strange.

"I think we should camp for the night, Kall," she finally spoke, looking back towards him. They had been following the river some ways, keeping to the base of the mountains in case the horses needed to make a break for it. The warg riders and Prince Trevon had to still be following their trail... and she did fear for their Orc brother who might be tormented if they saw her bracelet. "I suggest we use the last of the light to ride up the mountain a ways, find shelter with higher ground. We'll have advantage over the hunters if they follow us, and we'll need to set traps."

Cheka Man

As they rode along, Kall was just pleased to be with the Orc Princess, and had no intention of turning her in. Such a beauty would shrivel with misery if she was forced to be some ugly old human's concubine and he knew it. "We should make it so we can roll rocks down on the wargs if they see us and come up after us. Wargs may be brave, but they are not stupid. They will turn and flee rather then be killed or badly hurt by a rock. Hopefully, in a few days we can cross the Purple Sea and find safety in exile somewhere. Some foreign Orcish noble would most certainly want to earn your love if that's what you are hoping for in the long term. Your beauty is known of wherever there are Orcish tribes. And me, hopefully I can be your bodyguard-servant, since I'm not all that rich, at least not compared to you."

When they got up the mountain and tethered the horses, Kall rolled a few rocks to where they were ready to be sent rumbling down the path. As the sun was about to fully set and both moons came out, he pointed out to Helen, looking very small, like tin soldiers down below, the wargs and warg-riders. "I don't think they'll ever give up until they have you tied up at the altar. Why would Prince Trevon want you so much? Most humans find even the most beautiful of Orcish women to be ugly from their point of view. Does he have an Orc fetish?"

EvaEverheart

"You know much of the beast-kin, Kall," she stated as they were setting up their camp. A fire would give away their location, so it was cozy blankets this night and if it dropped extremely low, they may have to share a blanket just to keep warm. "Were you a rider in your tribe?" As he mentioned the possibility of an Orcish noble frantically trying to earn her love, Helen blushed softly, clearing her throat as she set out their meal for the evening. The brother at the mine had been good to them, giving them much needed supplies, and she hoped that the wargs had not caught their scent near there. "I... well one day, I do hope for a family. Children to carry on the values of our people." She tore into the dried fish they'd purchased from the guards. "It matters not to me the rank of their father. I have seen stable boys act more nobly than the knights they serve, risking life and limb to pull spears from a dying horse they cared for. No, what I want is a husband who is a TRUE Orc. One who holds to our values, who is strong and resilient. Who does not mind if his wife wishes him to sire a hoard by her," she chuckled, taking a drink of water before looking at him quizzically.

"Why do you demean yourself, Kall? You are the son of a Warchief. Your blood is just as noble as mine. Wealth can be fleeting, so I put stock in other things. Such as a strong arm and mountain back, and unrelenting character. Thus far you have stayed at my side, and not given me up to my pursuers, even when I did not speak full truth in who I was. You are as noble and as Orc as any of our brethren, and if it is your wish to be my guard, then I will name you my Thane." She gave him a smile. His heart likely still lay and mourned for his dear Tina.

As he pointed out the wargs, Helen's eyes darkened, and she drew the pelt around her body as if to shield herself more from sight. "I think you are right... " she sighed, shaking her head. "I do not know. But the way he looked at me... " her fist curled around one of her daggers. "There was lust written all over his face when he looked at me. Like a dog salivating over a steak, I thought he was going to lick his lips," she shuddered. "I think the only way I could stop their pursuit is if I were already married to an Orc who had armies doubling my father's..."

Cheka Man

It turned out they would be OK as long as they didn't light a fire, which would be a big sign saying "HELEN IS OVER HERE!". Their pursuers would themselves want some sleep and so would the wargs.

Kall ate some fish as well as she told him that she hoped to have a family one day-with a true Orc, not some ugly, nasty human. When she asked him why he was putting himself down, Kall replied "I think it's because I lost Tina to some human-held sword. I was not there to save her, or even to die in battle with her because I had got separated and was out of sight and sound of what was happening. I'll never hear her voice again or feel her kisses or see her again. That's probebly why I didn't try harder to hold my position against my brothers. I'd already lost her, and didn't want to kill or blind my brothers as well."

"And then when I found you on the run, even before I knew you were a Princess, I decided that I had a proper purpose in my life, to help you out. And when I found your true identity and why you would flee your life of luxury, I was even more determined to help you. You are a beautiful, capable, and intelligent Orc Princess. Your spirit would wither if you were chained up in some human castle as a sexual plaything for a horrible human. If you could help me get my chieftainship back-most of my tribe would follow you-hell, most Orcish tribes would follow you if they knew why you were rebelling in the first place, we could make your father respect your wishes and let you choose who you want as your soulmate and will make you feel respected and happy. Don't get me wrong-I'm not saying you should kill or maim your father-without him you would not exist." He smiled and his eyes shone brightly. Perhaps they could find a way not to have to flee. Privately, he thought that she might not be wearing the traditional finery of an Orc Princess, but she still looked great, even when those golden eyes turned brown. It was no wonder that so many noble Orcs had sought her hand in marriage, for she had all the physical and mental virtues of Orcdom. A lot of princesses were weak and unable to survive on their own, but not Helen. Some human royal houses suffered from inbreeding, but never the House of Grond, because they married out enough to avoid such gnarly problems.

EvaEverheart

The sorrow in his voice moved the orc woman, as she put down her meal with a heavy sigh, leaning in close to place a hand upon his own. "Kall. It was war. Your Tina knew the risks, as do we all, when the battle rages. Her death... was not your fault. She is with all those who fell before her, she watches you, hoping you find reason to be happy again and to stop blaming yourself. You will see her once more, but your death will not be for a long time."

The princess was attempting to comfort and console him, a firm grip upon his wrist. Men were so stubborn at times, they could not let go of the past to move on. "Yet in leaving, you have lost your brothers. They turned their backs upon you for power. For greed. They turned on you while they knew you mourned. That is not Orc. We fight when our enemies are at their peak. Your tribe will suffer under their coward's rule. They're not just your people, they are your Tina's people as well, are they not?" she asked.

Helen pondered a moment, golden eyes aglow brightly as he managed to bring a blush to her cheeks with his praises of her. She shifted in her armor, the red silk tied over the brown making for a stunning color against her skin. "Well... how do you propose I help you get your chieftainship back? Because the only leverage I have is walking into the tribe and forcing you and your brothers to fight to the last over the title of Warchief.... either that or sending out word that I will marry the Orc who kills Prince Trevon, brings me his head as proof and rallies a loyal army to hold against his or my father's... "

Cheka Man

"I think you are right, I should go there and fight for the chieftainship if need be. With you backing me up, they would have to duel. If the worst happens and I do die, at least I could meet Tina again. It's what Tina would want me to do. And if I win, you can tell my tribe why you have fled from your father and once they know the fate you are facing, they would rally to your side. They may have only heard stories of you, but they all like you and admire you. Many of the girls and women wish they could be you, although I doubt they would if they knew what you would be facing if captured. A base of support would be better then fleeing over the Purple Sea into permanent exile." He had noticed when her cheeks briefly blushed to a darker green, and he loved seeing her happy with her golden eyes softly glowing. He wanted to  be her loved one, but he knew better then to tell her such a thing. He didn't want to lose her friendship if she didn't like what he said.

EvaEverheart

Happily, Helen of Grond slapped him firmly on the shoulder in a sign of comradery. "That's the Orc way! Just do not make me appear a fool for believing and trusting in you," she teased him a little with a smile. She'd only known him a day, but it felt like... almost a lifetime. "I do not do this for myself, Kall. You deserve your life back... and if that means I lose your guardianship to your tribe, so be it."

As he praised her further, that blush only deepened as she pulled away, clearing her throat. "I do not wish to go into permanent exile, but... it might be nice... would be nice to see new lands abroad... to see how the other tribes live, to earn my place in a new world... maybe to court again... and know if a man wanted me for more than what my father offered in a dowry or my title... but for me."

She leaned back against the cave wall on her bedroll, looking up at the stars. "They all admire a figure that may no longer exist if my father remains so adamant in this position... What's it like, Kall? To be in love, I mean... "

Cheka Man

Kall smiled, clearly thinking of Tina. "When you are in love with someone who loves you back, she or he is the most beautiful or handsome in the world. Even when they are feeling sick or they've just come from a battle or they've just been rained on. You love them for them, rather then because they have a high rank-although having a high rank is helpful-but love is something that Orcs and, yes, humans too share, from the very rich, to the dirt poor who just have themselves and nothing else. You, I'm guessing, were most likely not allowed to just go out and date, as you were being saved for a dynastic marriage that you assumed would be someone who was at least good-looking, reasonably brave, and an Orc, so you never got the chance to have real romantic love-to be in the arms of a boyfriend who loves your personality much more then your beauty or even your crown. To be with someone who cares about your pleasure, both in and out of the bedroom. Who likes it every time your yellow eyes glow happily. Who can be funny as well. That reminds me about what happened at the Rout of Moy, when a human general who went by the name of Lord Loudon went after an Orc brigand named Robin and his little band of six, after they caught him on his own, robbed him and stole his clothes."

"He came after them with no less then one thousand, five hundred human soldiers with swords and crossbows, but they had the last laugh. When he found them, it was on a night much darker then this. Robin pretended to be an Orc clan chief and called down imaginary tribal regiments to the attack, whilst his six fellow Orcs ran back and fouth waving their weapons and making a lot of noise. The first hundred humans thought they were facing a tribal army many times their size and ran for their lives. The commander of the next hundred thought the first hundered must know what they were doing and led his men after them, and another three hundered humans followed him, until a third of the human army was running away from seven Orcs and an imaginary Orcish army. Loudon then got scared and one of his own soldiers accidently crossbowed him in his backside, and he ordered a retreat, and his whole army ran away for several miles until sunrise." He laughed at the thought. "Stupid humans."

EvaEverheart

Helen couldn't help but laugh at the tale. It sounded absurd in truth, but goodness if it wasn't good for a laugh! Some relief in this adrenaline fueled chase with the warg riders and that damned human that chased her. He wasn't even worth remembering of a name. Those golden eyes brightened in their glow in the night, as she took deep breaths to maintain her giggles. "And they call US the dumb barbarians," she chuckled, tossing back her long braids of black hair, sighing as she stared up into the stars.

"Hmm... I did have a few beaus and courtships. All fine Orcs, good warriors too. Though... if I may be honest... I never felt that... flutter when i looked at any of them. That .. rapid war drum in my chest that makes your heart feel like it will burst forth from your ribs." She twirled one of her braids in her fingers as she stared up into the night. "... You know those human fairy tales...? Where princesses are swept off their feet by some handsome rescuer, or are romanced with their favorite blossoms and such? ... That doesn't happen for us really. We get traded. Bought and sold for treaties and properties... I think that's where the Evil Queens come from... they're the real princesses who had to endure the worst of circumstances, who had their hearts wither and die long ago... they're the princesses who were never saved. Makes me wonder... what's going to happen to me."

She gave a sigh before turning over on her bedroll trying to get comfortable for the night. "Regular scullery maids have a better chance of having a prince put a slipper on her foot and declare his love than I do right now of any sort of happy ending in this... we should get some sleep."

Cheka Man

Kall smiled openly when he heard Helen's giggle and saw her yellow eyes brighten, which as it was dark by now was much more noticeable than it would be by day. It turned out that she had a few courtships. Even though she was royal, she was allowed to have some courtships outside marriage as long as they didn't cause illegitimate children, unlike human royal families that tended to be far stricter with their princesses. He was happy that up until very recently her family had been kind to Helen and respected her. Then she brought up the human fairy tales of Evil Queens and how princesses in real life were brought and sold and didn't get to properly choose their loved one unlike most people. When she wondered what would happen to her Kall wished he could offer to be her prince but decided not to, as that would most likely make her split off from him. He was content just to be with her, to talk with her, make her laugh, help keep her safe from those humans and orcs and wargs who were hunting her and enjoy the sight of her beauty. She was both physically beautiful, with her emerald-green skin, black hair and yellow eyes, and intelligent and mentally beautiful. Kall thought to himself that there was no way that such a beauty should be the forced concubine of some ugly old human king. Such a fate would make her wither. He thought of himself as her knight, there to help her find safety and peace and freedom to find someone someday to love and respect who would love and respect her in turn. He didn't think it would be him as there were Orcs out there who were richer and stronger and no doubt better looking then he was, and although in exile she was still Princess Helen of Grond, an Orcish royal.

He soon fell asleep next to her. Whilst they obviously preferred to have nice beds, Orcs could "rough it" better then humans as long as it was not really cold or raining. When he woke it was day and he carefully peered over the edge of the cliff. There were wargs and their riders starting to climb the mountain, but at a walking pace. Going fast on mountain trails was dangerous for the wargs and their riders alike and could be fatal. They had an hour or two, but it was best to wake Helen and get out of there so they wouldn't be there when the warg riders did get to the top. Gently rubbing her arm to wake her, he said quietly "Sorry to wake you, Princess, but warg riders are climbing the mountain and are about an hour away, and we need to get away before they reach us, or they'll likely kill me and drag you back to a nastier fate then death."

EvaEverheart

Daybreak pierced through her eyelids as Helen squinted in fury at the sunlight looming overhead. Dreams had taken her far away from this place, to arenas where she fought for honor and glory against Orc males, a declaration that he who could best her would be her groom. Yet none could best her, nor match the swiftness of her blade. Disheartened, the princess had almost given up hope, until there was a grand shadowed figure that stepped forth to take up the challenge. Yet he did not raise a blade to her, simply held out his hand. In her dream the sun blinded her from the sight of the stranger, though as dream faded into the world of the living, Helen blinked rapidly at seeing Kall's face coming into focus.

What... was that? Was this still part of the dream? His voice broke through the haze, rousing her from her sleep with a groan. "Thank you, Kall... and you may call me Helen. You've more than earned that right." She gave him a smile before peering over the mountainside's edge, snarling with her tusks glistening in the light. She wanted to spit upon all those who rode with that damned human prince. There was no time at the present to contemplate her dreams.

"Kall... help me roll these large stones. It may slow their pursuit. If it crushes the damned human, I won't shed a tear," she spoke, indicating to the large broken rocks that had slid down long ago from higher up the mountain and landed on the crevice. A few rolling pushes and shoves from the pair of them would send the rocks careening down the mountainside towards the pursuers. "That aught to slow them," she huffed angrily, her eyes darkening for a moment before turning to hoist her travel sack upon her back, taking the reigns of one of the horses. They certainly couldn't ride the animals over the mountain until there was smoother terrain.

"I suppose you should take the lead now, if we are traveling to your tribe," she smiled to him reassuringly, laying a hand upon his arm. "You will be a great chieftain for your people." A thought suddenly entered her head as they began to move on, making her chuckle softly. "You know... if some bard heard this tale... he'd speculate that the two orcs were secret lovers all this time and the princess was running from an arranged marriage to be with a chieftain that held her heart. It would make a proper orcish fairytale truthfully... one where we're not always the villain."

Cheka Man

When Kall saw Helen's eyes flick open, they were a deep chocolate brown but they rapidly turned yellow as she groaned at being woken up a bit earlier then she had planned for. "Thank you, Kall... and you may call me Helen. You've more than earned that right." She looked over the edge of the mountain, and she snarled at her pursuers. Kall could see clearly her hatred for them and for the human prince that so wanted to capture her and have her as his deeply unwilling bride. "Kall... help me roll these large stones. It may slow their pursuit. If it crushes the damned human, I won't shed a tear." Kall put his back into it and so did she and soon enough the rocks went rolling down, causing panicked shouts and curses from those below and blocking off the path. They would have to desend the mountain and go around it giving Kall and Helen a nice head start on them. "That aught to slow them." Her eyes briefly went brown and then back to yellow again and she was once more in a good mood, putting her emerald-green hand on his darker-green arm. "I suppose you should take the lead now, if we are traveling to your tribe. You will be a great chieftain for your people.." She chuckled happily. "You know... if some bard heard this tale... he'd speculate that the two orcs were secret lovers all this time and the princess was running from an arranged marriage to be with a chieftain that held her heart. It would make a proper orcish fairytale truthfully... one where we're not always the villain."

Privately, Kall was falling in love with her but now was hardly either the time or the place to tell her that, given the situation they were in. "It would be a bardic tale for the ages. An orcish princess and her lover, fleeing an utterly loveless marridge. Centuries from now, Orcish actors and actresses will have a stage play about us, bards will sing of us, and mothers will tell our story to their children, and of course they would say we were in love." As they led the horses as quickly as they could safely go down the mountain, Kall told Helen more funny stories that often ridiculed the humans for their greed and stupidity, happy just to keep her happy and dull her fears of recapture. Later he said "I don't know why that human prince wants you so much anyway. Most humans find even the best looking of us to be ugly to look upon, and he knows nothing of your mind and personality. Maybe he just finds you exotic. Your destiny is to be free and to someday choose your own lover, not waste your life away in a human royal court giving birth to half-orc children you neither want nor could love."

They reached the bottom of the mountain and could race their horses for a little, not for too long but just for a bit to put some extra space between them and the wargs. Kall loved the sight of Helen, her long black hair blowing in the wind, her eyes yellow and bright, her mouth smiling, her skin flawless. She didn't need royal jewels and gold and silver to look fantastic. He had throught the tales of her beauty were people trying to suck up to royalty and social climb at the royal court, but the tales were true. More then that, she had a very fine mind as well. She was intelligent, could be funny, and knew what she wanted and what made her happy. No wonder so many great Orcish warriors had come to Castle Grond to try and earn the love of this princess. Later they let the horses rest a little and had some of the food they had for lunch. "Tomorrow if all goes well we will reach my tribe, and they will be very surprised to see you. Surely they will deal with those who are chasing us and make them either back off, or die. Then you will have so many options in your life that will be open to you."

EvaEverheart

Focused as she was on not being captured, Helen was rather oblivious to Kall's wandering gaze that focused over her form and face. Her mind was set to never be chained by a loveless marriage, much less to a human whom she held no attraction to. He wasn't at all like the Orcish warriors that vied for her hand, who had fought and spent weeks attempting to showcase their skills and strengths, displaying their tusks and roars in attempts to one-up each other to impress her. Helen doubted she could ever be attracted to a being who had no tusks! Now Kall, she had noticed, held a FINE set of tusks in his jaw. Not to mention a strong arm and a sense of honor to what was right. Helen could admire that of him. Could admire many things about him, but in her mind... he obviously stilled pined for his lost love. A love once lost was hard won or found again.

As the pair of them made their getaway, the sounds of orc and human screams and shouts and yelping wargs from the small avalanche they had tumbled down in their direction echoing over the mountain, Helen listened to Kall's tales with intent. She was actually smiling rather soon from his stories, and laughing rather brightly. As if she had completely forgotten the fact she was being pursued by an overly lustful human prince that had a pension for orcs. His distraction did dull her fears and worries, it made her happy to simply be in the company of someone she could trust. "I do not know, but I know one thing. I have met KOBOLDS with more skill and attractiveness than that human. I would yes, rather marry a KOBOLD than that man!" she laughed jokingly.

As they rested their horses for a midday meal, Helen leaned beneath the shade of a tree, working on reorganizing their supplies to make sure everything had dried out thoroughly from their time in the river and that they food they had left would see them a couple more days should there be any delays returning to his tribe. The elk the pair had hunted was serving them well. "Are you certain of that, Kall? You know well if you attempt to step back into a position of authority, your brothers will fight you... what if your tribe attempts to kill you and trade me to the prince? Or... what if one of your brothers demands me as payment for protection?" It wasn't too far fetched of what could very well happen. Greed ran rampant through orcs, selfishness, it was a way of survival. "In those cases, if we get any inkling of that... I will leave and go to the coast as we spoke about. I will stand by you to fight for your position as rightful chief, if that is truly what you want. It is the least I can do for your help..."

Cheka Man

(OOC-I am on my IPad.)

IC-Kall was happy just to be with Helen, keeping her happy and safe without expecting anything in return. Although on the run from a terrible fate she was still a royal princess, both beautiful in her body and intelligent in her mind. Although the son of a chief he was still below her in rank. He laughed along with her when she said and no doubt meant it that she would rather marry a Kobold then that ugly fat old human with a weird desire to bed Orcish royalty. They could rest and eat for a bit, although on the alert for the loud barks of wargs. Wargs were fine mounts and very loyal if treated well but they had all the stealth when domesticated of a herd of elephants. When she mentioned that Kall’s brothers might themselves try to capture her and hand her over to that disgusting old man, for the first time in a long while it was Kall’s turn to feel worried, his eyes briefly going a deep dark green before brightening again.

“If I had to, I would give up my own birthright to keep you safe and free, Helen. You might have to go abroad to be free, and I would travel with you if you wanted it enough. There are many positions open to us if we picked the right city to go to. Somewhere where Orcs are accepted as much as humans or dwarves. Where no one will be chasing us down. I could easily become a tavern or casino bouncer for example, and I’m sure you could find a position before our money ran out.” Although he didn’t want to risk squicking out Helen, he realised he was certainly falling in love with her. It was no wonder that so many great and talented Orc warrior-princes had found her so incredibly attractive. The last time he had felt this way, was when he and his then wife had been marching in their war-band on the way to the battle with the humans where she had fallen and gone to the halls of the honoured Orcish dead whilst he had survived.

EvaEverheart

Helen almost dropped her food as he spoke of leaving his birthright behind. "Why?" she asked him, simply, curious golden eyes staring the orc-man over. "You have your own life to live, Kall. On the run, constantly looking over your shoulder... I wouldn't want that for my worst enemy... well, aside from the obvious," she gave a small chuckle before heaving a deep sigh. "I have never seen a human dwelled city where our kind are accepted, but we are only two. Not enough to truly give cause for worry."

Over the course of their rest, Helen gave all their woes great thought. If she left, there would be war. If she stayed, there would be war of her fighting against that prince. She would not go with him. Then, as if by magic, the answer suddenly dawned upon the fair Helen. How could she have been so dull to not have thought of this before?! Though before she actually processed it with any thought to the meaning of the situation, the orcish woman turned her long dark haired head towards her companion. "Kall. Would you marry me?"

Her tone and expression were astute and genuine. Her posture sure of her every move as she sat upon her horse staring back at the man. "I do not ask this lightly, nor expect you to say yes. If I were already wed to an orc, by our laws the prince would have to challenge my husband to combat. A fine-tusked warrior like yourself would never fall to such a weakling of a man. I'd kill him myself, but that would be seen as murder and I would be put to death for treason." She was silent for a moment before clearing her throat. "My plan is simple. We get to your tribe, you reclaim your place as Chief. Enact a law stating beneath your banner, no orc shall be wed under duress. We would... well, wed... if you do not wish to, I understand, your beloved Tina awaits you-"

Cheka Man

(OOC-At last RL has let me do a new story bit for you.)

IC-Kall watched Helen as she looked at him with curiosity.  "Why? You have your own life to live, Kall. On the run, constantly looking over your shoulder... I wouldn't want that for my worst enemy... well, aside from the obvious." She smiled and he saw her yellow eyes briefly brighten as she no doubt imagined her ugly fat human pursuer having to be the one  on the run for his life. She sighed and her eyes went back to their normal brightness. "I have never seen a human dwelled city where our kind are accepted, but we are only two. Not enough to truly give cause for worry." As they rested, she turned her head towards him, and he was surprised and joyful at what she asked next.  "Kall. Would you marry me? I do not ask this lightly, nor expect you to say yes. If I were already wed to an orc, by our laws the prince would have to challenge my husband to combat. A fine-tusked warrior like yourself would never fall to such a weakling of a man. I'd kill him myself, but that would be seen as murder, and I would be put to death for treason. My plan is simple. We get to your tribe; you reclaim your place as Chief. Enact a law stating beneath your banner, no orc shall be wed under duress. We would... well, wed... if you do not wish to, I understand, your beloved Tina awaits you-"

His eyes brightened and shone like the finest blue sapphires of the land for several seconds. "I would love to marry you, Helen, and not just because you are a Princess of Grond, but because of your personality and your beauty, both inside and out. If that ugly Prince does dare to fight me for you, I'll slash his guts out. If he refuses, he will be shamed and embarrassed in the eyes of all Orcdom and even his own men and will have to slink back dishonored and with badly dented prestige in the eyes of everyone. At the very least, I will be a better husband then that fat old human could ever be, and capable of providing you with healthy, happy, fully Orcish children to carry on the Grond line.I need to get my Chiefdom back, and we need to make our vows in front of a shaman. Then you will never have to fear Trevon ever again and will be accepted back by your family and we can live hopefully long and happy lives together."

He reached over, with some difficulty as they were both on horseback, and kissed her warmly on her cheeks and once on her forehead to show her that he loved her and respected her. She would be a wonderful wife and it would be a true Orcish fairy tale for the ages about how a wicked human prince was brought low and humbled and an Orcish princess rescued by a true Orcish hero. For now they had to reach his tribe as quickly as they could.

EvaEverheart

Helen was... overtly confused by the response of Kall. Especially when he kissed over her cheeks and forehead, and speaking of living long blissful lives together with full-blooded Orcish children. She had meant the offer to be one of a temporary arrangement at most, only until Trevon would get the message that Helen would rather die, or marry a complete stranger - so long as he was orc - rather than that fat, ugly prince. Kall's affection took her by surprise, so much so, Helen almost stabbed him with her hidden daggers, but luckily caught herself before she even withdrew the blade.

"... Kall, why ... why do you seem eager for this marriage?" she asked him, brow lifting. "Not that I'm dissatisfied by your response! Merely... confused. Granted, you're a fine-appearing specimen of orc, strong and capable... and you possess every quality of what it means to be Orc that I would demand to be passed on to my own sons and daughters... but... you did not put forward your own self for courtship when all bachelors were called. No doubt you were still mourning your dear Tina..." She chewed her upper lip in thought, her shining tusks gleaming.

"Kall, you understand the other orcs angered at my engagement to that filthy human might well challenge you should you want to... keep me as your wife? Are you prepared for that? If you truly want for this... us, I mean, to become more than a temporary arrangement... " She hadn't truly thought about the marriage being permanent, but... would it be so bad to be the wife of Kall? He had been prepared to protect her on the run, he had a loyal heart. The green-skinned princess of Grond seemed to find that she had become rather fond of his company.

Cheka Man

Kall had no idea how close he came to getting stabbed by the Orc Princess, which would have sent her right back to square one. When she said to him "... Kall, why ... why do you seem eager for this marriage? t that I'm dissatisfied by your response! Merely... confused. Granted, you're a fine-appearing specimen of orc, strong and capable... and you possess every quality of what it means to be Orc that I would demand to be passed on to my own sons and daughters... but... you did not put forward your own self for courtship when all bachelors were called. No doubt you were still mourning your dear Tina...Kall, you understand the other orcs angered at my engagement to that filthy human might well challenge you should you want to... keep me as your wife? Are you prepared for that? If you truly want for this... us, I mean, to become more than a temporary arrangement... " he thought for a little bit, and replied.

"Let's see how things go. It may be that once we have either killed or otherwise dealt with that human Prince, that either we don't have much in common and I am not the one you would want long term, or that I perish in an Orcish duel and a finer, stronger, healthier warrior takes my place by your side. If it turns out that you just want me as a friend, I will voluntarily step down so that you can find your true love. Not just because you are a Royal Princess of Grond, but because you deserve happiness and to be with the right Orc for you. To answer your question-it's because you are intelligent, capable, beautiful, and a Princess of Grond in that order." He happily gazed at the black-haired, emerald beauty in front of him, hoping things would go well, but knowing that she might not feel the same way she did, and that there were so many fine Orc warriors who would want her. She was well known to be one of the most beautiful Orc women on the planet, after all. "If the worst happened and I got cut down, then I would be with Tina again. It was because of what happened to her that I was not trying to win you earlier, that and having to flee from my own tribe because of those scheming brothers of mine."

EvaEverheart

Helen listened to Kall's response with intuition, lifting a brow at him and giving a chuckle. "You flatter me with words, but I'd prefer you flatter me with pursuit. You are free to try and win me by any means. You should have been among the bachelors fighting for my hand," she noted with a sigh, looking over the banished chief. "I have seen many warriors in the past weeks, and very few have been as fine or strong as you are. You embody much of what it means to be Orc, you are proving you will fight for what you believe is yours. Show me that you wish me as more than merely a friend, and there is great likelihood that I shall return such a feeling!" the orcish princess declared, thumping her fist upon her shoulder across her chest. "If you wish me, like the others, then show me, tell me. If man is too patient, orc woman feels he does not care for her."

Cheka Man

(OOC-RL finally let me do a new bit. OOC2-Since our charecters are starting to get sexy I moved the new rp bit to the Adult part of the board to avoid annoying the Mods.)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=346100.0