Fresh Marvel AU RP Interest Check! Seeking One More Female Character!

Started by Vergil Tanner, February 04, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

Soooooo ... since you've gotten two male character pitches, does that mean you're willing to hear female ones again? I'm looking at the Wildcards for all ideas. Either Callisto as sneak or Marrow as Brawler. Alternatively, a version of Ultimate Forge as technician if you'd rather have another male character.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Writersblockade

34 sounds just fine. I don't want the poor guy having to give the shield up right after taking the mantle lmao
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Vergil Tanner

We're hearing female characters again, yeah! :-) Honestly, I would lean more towards a Wildcard Brawler, since at this moment in time we don't really have a Wildcard answer to Sif, BUT it's up to you; whichever one you want to play the most, go for it :-)

Lol, the shortest career as Captain America: One week. XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Life in Color

Kuroneko

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 06, 2016, 08:14:04 PM
We're hearing female characters again, yeah! :-) Honestly, I would lean more towards a Wildcard Brawler, since at this moment in time we don't really have a Wildcard answer to Sif, BUT it's up to you; whichever one you want to play the most, go for it :-)

Oily dokily. I'd prefer one of the two women as a first choice anyway :-)

Hmmm, both Callisto and Marrow have superhuman strength and they both heal (though not quite at Wolverine level) and have a high level of fighting capability, so either one could serve in that capacity. I guess I need to ponder for a moment ;)

*ponders*

Batman4560

Sorry I and Star Lord goes where the love of my life takes me. :P

Deathnote

I'm considering playing as Spider-Man, though I'm not entirely sure what his role would be.

Alternatively, depending on the time-line, I may take advantage of the fact that this is an AU and play as Thomas "Tommy" Maximoff, AKA Speed.  There can be a number of explanations for his accelerated aging from his magical origin, his super speed, or being some sort of Time Traveller.

Hmm... maybe I could make him an Amalgamation of Tommy Shepherd from Young Avengers, Tommy Maximoff from The Last Avengers Story, and Bart Allen (yes, I know that last one's DC).  He's a mutant with super speed, but his hyper-accelerated metabolism made him age too fast.  With Doctor Strange's help, Scarlet Witch created a magical environment for him in which he could develop at a normal pace.  There, Tommy was able to learn enough magic to stabilize his own aging.  He continued studying magic after leaving the magical environment and later joins The New Avengers as their sorcerer.  His primary and most-used spells are ones that enhance and supplements his mutant super speed (i.e., glyphs that propel and/or accelerate anyone who steps on them).

Or... maybe I can play as Nate Grey, AKA Cable.  :p

Life in Color

We could use a Sorc.

I like the idea of Tommy - I have a soft spot for Wanda's wayward children.

I'm okay with it. Let's see what Vergil thinks after his beauty sleep.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Life in Color

Quote from: persephone325 on February 07, 2016, 02:12:48 AM
I'm more than halfway done with Magik's sheet.

Yay!

I love Magik. Makes me slightly sad that I'm running the slightly more goody-two-shoes brigade.

Only slightly though.

>.>

💕

persephone325

Quote from: Alixandre on February 07, 2016, 02:35:42 AM
Yay!

I love Magik. Makes me slightly sad that I'm running the slightly more goody-two-shoes brigade.

Only slightly though.

>.>

💕

lol I've only started playing Magik recently. I love her. And Rogue, too. She was my first choice, but got snatched up. *shrug* Everything works out in the end, though. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

freeko

I would be interested in miss marvel or psylocke.

I know this is a douche move, but I will at least ask anyway.

Could anyone help me with the sheet since I will have two things working against me. The first is I have no idea about the system. The second is the far more relevant one. After I take my nap for a few hours, I am going to be breaking things down and travelling home later today. Would anyone be able to help me with the sheet? I could put the effort in on Monday, but definitely not today.

Just want to put it out there that i am interested in this game, but duty calls and I will be unable to do anything until Monday.

Vergil Tanner

Kuroneko:

Ponder away! I believe either would be fine :-)

Deathnote:

Personally, I want to avoid Time Travel stuff for the moment and Cable has very close ties to the X-Men, so I would have to veto that character for the time being. Maybe in the future, but we have enough X-Men and I don't want to add Time Travel in there as well XD
I wouldn't mind Speed, BUT the big paragraph you've put there sounds dangerously close to an OC, which is not the point of the game. I quite like the idea of having Tommy in the game and I don't mind a small fudging of his timeline / backstory, buuuut I would prefer it if it stayed at least a little close to canon rather than you writing an entirely new background for him and effectively making an OC in all but name, y'know?

Persephone:

Yay! :D

Freeko:

There's no system. This is a freeform RP, so there won't be any dice rolling or anything. I'll leave it up to the individual players to not be dicks, but I will be policing it a little. :P

But if you have any issues with creating the sheet, contact me or Alix - or both - and we'll be happy to help you out with it. :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Kuroneko

Vergil Tanner

Oh, Kuroneko....I do have to say that since both of those characters are associated with the X-Men and we kinda need to stop choosing X-Men (since the cast is supposed to be diverse, and right now we already have three characters that are X-Men) could you try to pick the one with the weakest connection to the X-Men please? :P

Kuroneko

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 07, 2016, 03:28:52 PM
Oh, Kuroneko....I do have to say that since both of those characters are associated with the X-Men and we kinda need to stop choosing X-Men (since the cast is supposed to be diverse, and right now we already have three characters that are X-Men) could you try to pick the one with the weakest connection to the X-Men please? :P

I think that means Callisto then, since she's never lived with them, and Marrow has ;) . Plus, since Gambit, you know, killed a bunch of Morlocks, there's some bad blood there :P

Also, there will be no tentacles >.>

Vergil Tanner

That'd be no problem! If she's never been part of the X-Men - only come into conflict with them when they're assholes - then there's no issue whatsoever from my POV. :-) If you're happy with that, of course; feel free to choose an entirely different character if you want. You're the one playing them, so it is - to a degree - up to you! :D

Kuroneko

Nope, never part of them as far as I know. Admittedly, I stopped reading the comics a couple of years ago when the art got really crappy, lol; but to my knowledge Callisto only assisted Cyke against Master Mold early on and then helped Xavier when he was rebuilding Genosha, becoming part of Excalibur. Since that's post-tentacles, I'd rather just avoid it, lol.

Also, since her real name, birthplace and origin are unknown, do you mind if I just ... improvise? Providing I include the key comic points that make her who she is, of course. I've played her elsewhere and have a pre-Morlock history that I think explains the development of her skillset and personality, as well as how she lost her eye fairly well. 

Vergil Tanner

If it's never explained in the comics, go wild! So long as it fits with her character and whatnot and the universe, improvise all you like! :D If you need any help with the bio, let me or Alix know and we'll do what we can to assist :D

Kuroneko

Vergil Tanner

You're very welcome, hun! :D I look forward to seeing her sheet :D

1SAZ

Do either side still need a Techie or Sneak? I was kinda tempted to play as Hobie Brown, The Prowler. Obscure and could easily get more interesting given that the superhero community might need to start pulling B-List and turning them into A-List.

Vergil Tanner

Both sides currently need a Sneak, and The New Avengers have a Techie...the Wildcards don't, however. :-)

1SAZ

While there is some obvious temptation to join The New Avengers... I think Hobie would feel more at home with the Wildcards. Reformed criminal turned masked vigilante definitely seems like a Wildcard type after all. ;)

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, that does seem more the Wildcard style, and it offers some reason why The New Avengers might distrust him. He IS an ex-con, after all :P Are his methods especially brutal, or does he err more towards just restraints? Like, is he Batman where he ties them up, Daredevil where he might break a few kneecaps, or Punisher where he just straight up ices fools? I don't know much about him, to be honest. I've heard the name, but other than that.... *shrug* XD