The myst...

Started by Cosmo_ac, April 17, 2007, 01:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo_ac

This is just a rough idea, but i think i would be interested in playing a game like this.  The town of Ravenbrook is a town on a small off shoot of land on the eastern coast of the US.  It is surounded by wilderness, and a bit of a ways back, mountains, meaning that the only method of arrival and departer from the town is by ferry.  It is an adult comunity, but many 18 year old college and university students tend to visit in the summer months to find work, meaning their is a good variety of the ages of people living in Ravenbrook.It is a nice comunity of 300+ people where everybody knows your name, unless you are a stranger.

However, one morning the towns people awake to find a strange greenish fog rolling through their town.  While fog is not uncommon, it is certainly not common to see green fog, or thog that is this thick enough to obscur ones vision twenty feet away, quickly prompting the town mayor to ban the use of all cars.  To make mattres worse, cell phones no longer seem to be able to call anbody and the town is not able to get any radio signals from outside of the town, with static on every radio.

However, this is just the beginning of the weird events.  As the days went by, townsfolk noticed that the clothing they wore out into the fog seemed to be becoming more and more brittle, seeming to be easily torn, by a simple tug on it.  After several das it became emberrassingly evident that if a person wore clothing out of the house for more then a few hours, they wouldn't likely be coming back with them.  After a week, it quickly became common place to see naked people everywhere,as shyness was forgotten to be replaced by the need to go to the grocery store or to ones favourite diner.

The strangness didn't stop their though.  As the days of the fog conitnued, with no contact to the outide world, people started to notice their bodie were changing.  Fat was seeming to burn off peoples body's at a surprising rate.  Men were finding that their testicals seemed to be swelling up, and always full of seed, while thier penises seemed to be growing longer and thicker.  Women also seem to be feeling the eefects of the fog, as their breasts seemed to swell, increasing in size and perkiness, looking like implants but will all the feel of natural breasts.   People of both sex's are also noticig a level of increased arousil in themselves and other towns folk.  many have become more flirty with each other, and their seems to be sexual undertones everywhere.  The fog seems to make maters worse, as simply being in the fog will make a man erect an keep him erect for hours even once he's back inside.  Women seem to be suffering a siilar fate as well.

While it was wierd, everything seemed to be fine.  Until the disaperences started.     

Now, this is just the basic concept of the game.  While one on one is fine, a few players would be great.  I'd like to make it clear that i have no interest in being the DM, just a player.  If somebody would like to be the G but wants some help coming up with ideas, i'm more then willing to help.  At most i would recomend 4 players plus the GM, but it will be the GM's decision.  While their will be plenty of opertunities for sex, a good part of the game's focus will be on the mystery surounding the fog and the disapearences of people. 

Elvi

This sounds a good idea Cosmo, however, it would be very difficult for another to GM something that is very much 'your baby'.
Perhaps you should be looking to having a co-GM instead?

That way you could have the two of you run the story and pick up the slack when the other can't.   
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Cosmo_ac

Well, it is an idea Elvi, though i admit I'd prefer not to DM myself.  But it's possible i could Co-DM if need be.  I suppose it depends on the number of players. Do you have any interest in playing or being a DM Elvi?

Elvi

Well I do like the idea Cosmo and you may be able to twist my arm and get me to lend a hand.....*grins*

Cosmo_ac

hmm...well, i admit i wouldn't mind gently twisting a couple things of yours, and getting you to give me a hand... ;)

But i suppose first we should see if their are any other people interested. 

I also admit i had a few other ideas for the game.  One of them being that the town is suffering from rolling blackouts, meaning that at random(seemingly) the lights to a neighborhood can cut off for several hours before coming back on.  Also, people are seeing strange shapes in the mist, but when they approach, they can find nothing.

I suppose this would be something of an erotic horror game.  Players are trying to uncover the mystery of this town, while monsters are running about, killing people, and the sherrif and mayor are trying to keep the public unaware.  If we were to use a system, something could be made of the Arkham horror game in theory.

thoughts are always welcome.  I'm just spitballing for the most part.

Elvi

SYSTEM?
*shudders*
You never mentioned that word before.......

HairyHeretic

i think it was to evoke the proper sense of horror for you ;)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cosmo_ac

lol, this is just an idea hun, nothing permanant by any stretch.  If the system was used, i imagine it would only be for combat situations, which one would probably try and avoid if possible anyway.  For a quick example, say i have an attack of 4.  In a fight i would roll 4 1d6 and every 5-6 is a success.  if i reach a certain number of successes, i would win thefight and kill the monster.  If i didn't hit that number, i lose and get my ass kicked.

Once again though i'm just spit balling.  Freeform is good and fine by me ;)

Elvi

You're quoting numbers at me......I can feel my life force ebbing away....getting weaker......feelin fei.............................................................................

Cosmo_ac

tsk, this isn't good at all!  *Straps Elvi down to a viberating chair turned to max*  there that should revive her. ;)

Elvi

Cosmo_ac

glad to hear hun.  I wonder what would happen i left you locked on that chair for a few hours?  ;)

If you have any ideas hun, feel free to PM me, as i would enjoy hearing from somebody who has as much experience as you.

Elvi

I'll have a think, got a bit of a head at the moment and am trying to get it around other things.......

Cosmo_ac

Charactors in this game will either be new arrivals to the town or college students renting a cabin for the summer off.  They will hav to figure out the strange events that are going on in the town before they are killed, or something more sidious happens.   Their are monsters on the loose, some wanting to fuck you up, while others just want to fuck you.  You must navigate the town and figure out who can be trusted in the town and who can't as you never know who your enemy is.

Elvi

So......
In discussion with Cosmo, it seems that I will be joint Gm'ing this game.

We are looking at freeform.

It's a modern day setting and it will involve daemons, monsters, all things nasty and oozy as well as the great possibility of the patented "Elvi Tenticle monster".

We are aiming to cater for peoples 'kinks', so it will probably be a 'heavy' game.

Characters can be of any age (with the obvious restrictions) or sex/orientation and from any background that would fit with the story line.
(eg: Someone who has come to the area for either seasonal work or as a holiday maker, even perhaps just moved there)

The premice is simple, (see Cosmo's game idea posts above), though the plot and agenda could be quite complicated, so we don't really want to give too much away, but there will not just be sex involved.
We want players who can think on their feet, use their initiative, be prepared to deal with horror and mystery, as well as having to deal with lots of strange changes to their bodies and minds.

Basically, we start with you all there, going about your daily business when the 'myst' comes down.
Your goal is to try and get back out, ours is to keep you there and do evil things to you, to reach our goal.......

We are open for discussion and ideas at the moment and if you are interested need the basic idea of your character for the time being.
(There will be other things that we will want to know, but that may possibly be discussed over PM....)

Please note:
We are also looking for 'baddies', so if you would rather be an agressor, then let us know that too.
(You will be given a set goal, but how you actually achieve that is up to you.....)

RedEve

I would be interested in joining this.

Anything specific you expect from someone playing one of the townsfolk?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Elvi

If you were to play someone living in the town, you have to be a new arrival. Someone who perhaps decided to get away from it all or had been offered a nice little job within the community.
Maybe they have come to set up a business and want a quiet place to work in?

It is an 'adult' community, there are no children at all, so no schools or facilities for children at all. The younger members of the community are those who have just arrived, but the ages can range from 18 to 80+

belsammael

a while ago there was this game on rpol.net which had the premise of a medieval fantasy town who used an odd mist to control people through lust and desire, with similar effects..but unfortunately it died :(

..however i like this setting as well for some reason, I think I'm game... I'll start brainstorming for a character soon... thanks for bringing it a bit more to our attention, Elvi.. ;)

Elvi

*wrings hands and cackles*

Come my beauties...come to me.............

belsammael

to...? or with...? ;)

Elvi

*tuts and waves hand dismissively*

Both....all.....none...you will just have to see.....

belsammael

*smirk* bring on that game and let the fun begin.. ;)

oi, and I only now noticed we're looking for baddies too... very nice, and makes me wonder which one I'd like more... ;)

Elvi

The baddies would be sort of DPC's (Directed playing characters), as I said, you would be given a task and it would be up to you to carry it out.

But beware.....I will be hard on my DPC's they will be punished if they don't get the job  done....

belsammael

*smirks* and dare I ask by whom? ;)

..oh I see potential there; a manipulator on the bad side, a naive innocent....something on the other.

The mind boggles. I boggle with it.

Elvi

A little snippet,

Your Gm's character......

The Masterschilde's had been in Ravenbrook for a long time, infact it was strongly rumoured that they were the founding family almost two hundred years ago.
Thier family home, in the centre of Ravenbrook was a large gothic looking place, surrounded by gardens and a high wall, it dominated the small town, but there were others, who arrived at the same time and could also claim that honour.

What was not disputed however, was the fact that the Masterchild's owned most of the land, property and businesses in the town.
If you didn't rent your home from them, you worked for them, if you didn't work for them, you bought your food from them, if you didn't buy your food from them, you starved.
To the casual viewer, this may seem to be a little tyranical, one family having such a hold on a small community, but when looked at a little deaper it may not have been the case.
Ravenbrook prospered and for such a small isolated community it had everything and more than most of the larger towns on the 'mainland'.
Everything was well maintained, homes pristene, small business thriving, people happy. They had their own utility services, fire and police department, even a small cottage hospital which gave top quality health care to any and all who needed it and fine or foul weather, the ferry service always ran on time.
Visitors and seasonal workers who came here may have noticed that there was one thing about the town that seemed strange.....the school lay empty, no child was to be found, not a sign..... 

Varda Masterschilde sat at the desk in the study of the family home.
She idly sucked the end of her silver fountain pen as she re-read the old manuscript in front of her before closing her eyes and laying her head back onto the thick oxblood leather of her high backed chair.

Varda was fifth generation, at least people assumed so.
There had always been a Masterschilde of that name and they had always bore an uncanny resemblence to each other, same dark hair and pail smooth skin, same deep blue eyes, same charismatic smile and voluptuous figure, same scar on her left cheek. A strange coincidence to any who would think to question it, but none did and those who visited were simply unnaware of this peculiar trait.

After a few moments of quiet contenplation, she smiled and sat forward again, to carefully roll the fragile manuscript and tie it carefully with it's deap red ribbon.
Summer was here, they had worked hard, all the signs were right.
All that was needed were a few more 'guests' and her hard work would be rewarded........