News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Only in Japan...

Started by Jeramiahh, May 30, 2008, 11:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

... can someone live in your closet for months, without you knowing.

A JAPANESE man puzzled by food mysteriously disappearing from his refrigerator got a shock when he discovered a woman had been living in his home for months without permission, police said today.

The 57-year-old man who lives alone - or so he thought - in the western city of Fukuoka installed a security camera and called the police when he saw images of someone walking around his home while he was out.

"We searched the house in the man's presence. We found the woman in the closet," said a local police spokesman.

The woman, named as 58-year-old Tatsuko Horikawa, was found in a flat storage space only just big enough for a person to squeeze into lying down.

She had sneaked a mattress and several plastic bottles into the cubby hole, police said, adding that the women had been arrested.

"She told police that she had nowhere to live," the spokesman said.

"She seems to have lived there for about a year, but not all the time."

It is unclear how she managed to enter the home undetected. Police suspect she might have been closet-hopping, moving from house to house.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Sabby

Its Tom Cruise with a wig and his eyes taped sideways. Its sad it takes police intervention for him to come out of the closet...

OldSchoolGamer

Yes, he was hiding from the Evil Galactic Overlord® Xenu®.

Captain Maltese

Ooooohhh.....

Imagine if it happened to YOU. You find a man or woman in your closet, obviously hiding long term. The person is at least averagely attractive. Would YOU call the cops to call their attention to this person that you have no official or emotional connection to? Yes, irl you would. But in a fantasy? Let me tell you guys, the collar and cuffs would come out almost as fast as the gun...

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Sabby

*facepalm* You have a one track mind ^^

*hides in Captains closet*

Trieste

*smirks* I'd totally join you, Sabbers, but I've been out of the closet for way too long to go back in... ;)

The Overlord

This one gave me the willies when I read it the other day. Having a demented Japanese woman lurking in a dark corner of your house would be creepy no matter what, but after seeing Ju-on it's REALLY creepy.

Only difference is that this woman wasn't lurking and killing people but I digress. If you come down to it, there's all kinds of technical and operational issues here that immediately come to mind.

So...she was hiding in the closet for about a year. Now if the guy was single and living there alone, and it does sound like he may have been, I can understand her having the run of the place during the day when he's out to work.

But at night...all I can say is this guy must sleep like a brick. I don't know how the nooks and crannies in a typical Japanese house are arranged, but there's only one place where I live where someone could conceivably pull this off and that's the attic (no basement).

Thing is, I'm a nightowl and if something of appreciable mass was moving around in the attic, I'll find out about it. But in this guy's case, she was in 'a flat storage space only just big enough for a person to squeeze into lying down'. So was she lying perfectly still in there all night? I tend to think that unless you're a fucking ninja or something (no stereotyping intended) that you'd lack the sanity or discipline to do that.

And so she'd have to stay in this place all the time while he was there, so what if she needed to take a bio? She had plastic bottles in there, was she pissing in them at night? And was this closet in the dude's room, or elsewhere in the house? because in the former case, then was she lying there watching him?

I mean, this is fucking creepy. All I can figure, with what I know, she was either real good, or lucky, or he was just plain bad for her to be there nearly a year before he figured shit out.