Killing Kind Call-Out: Join the new chapter of this espionage thriller

Started by rick957, May 20, 2010, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick957

Six and a Half Reasons Not To Join This Group RP

1.  It's a spy game set in the real world, and who likes spy games set in the real world?

But wait -- the game's really about whatever you want it to be about.  Sure it's got spies, but it's also got crime, mystery, violence, action, black humor, witty repartee, sexy characters, psycho characters, romance, exotic locales, international intrigue, plot twists -- you name it.  You can focus on doing whatever you like best. 

Yeah, it is set in the real world, though.  (No orcs!  Sorry!)

2.  It's been going on for, like, eight nine months or something.

But wait -- it's been going on for, like, nine months or something!  It's a group game that has actually lasted for a long time.  People have come and gone, but we've kept things going through thick and thin, and there's plenty of fun still to be had.  Aren't you tired of group RPs that die in about a month?

3.  Crap, there's all this old stuff to read.

But wait -- to join the game, you don't have to read all the old stuff, just the first post (which explains the scenario) and the most recent handful of posts.  There's even a handy plot summary if you want an overview of the story so far.

Best of all, the game is about to enter a new Act or "chapter," complete with a change of settings (from Berlin to Brussels, and then to who-knows-where).  Characters move in and out of the story all the time, but the setting change makes it even easier to join now.

4.  The other players are practically all women.

But wait
-- the other players are practically all -- ahh, never mind that, we found some dudes.  The point is, players and characters of any gender or sexual orientation are welcome.  We like to keep the lord/lady ratio balanced, and there's always room for lieges too.

5.  Geez, it looks like it's full of really long posts.

But wait -- short posts are fine, too, and there are some in the game, if you look around.  You're welcome to contribute as much or as little as you like, as long as you can meet the easy minimum expectation:  one post per week (2 or 3 preferred), with each post being at least one full paragraph (5-6 sentences).

6.  The writing looks all polished and showy.

But wait -- there's no pressure to be fancy or impressive all the time; enjoying yourself is the only goal.  You can participate in whatever way works for you.  Many of the posts are well-written because the players enjoy that kind of thing, and there are many gifted writers in the game.  But they don't bite, and as long as you put a teensy bit of effort into your posts, you'll fit right in.

6 and 1/2.  Where's teh SEXXXX ?? ?? ??

Okay, you win on this one.  The game is about good storytelling and interesting characters.  We like sex!  We want sex!  But, for some reason, we haven't had much in the game yet.  That wasn't intentional, it's just that everyone's been busy with the good storytelling and interesting characters.  It's fair to say, though, that while we'd like to dramatically increase the kink quotient, sex won't ever be the main course ... just a tasty side.

Nuts and bolts: 
Unless you have a creative alternative to suggest, your best bet is to come up with a character who resembles the other players' characters, so you'll either be a freelance mercenary, or a government agent posing as one.  Don't start by working up a character, though, just let me know you'd like to join, and I'll let you know when there's a good opportunity to work a new person in.  We add people all the time, but it isn't first-come first-served; I try to choose players with similar writing styles.  Nevertheless, I always appreciate inquiries from anyone. 

Have a look:
Game Thread:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=49239.0
Characters:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=49197.0
OOC:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=49198.0

Then PM me or post here.  Thanks for reading!
-- Rick, the Game Meister Gregarious Mingler Giddy Maestro

P.S.  Anyone who had to leave the game for whatever reason is welcome to return, and anyone who thought about joining but then held off can still participate.  I know how that goes, no big deal -- come play with us now!  :)

Lady Kitsune

Only six and half reasons?  My, my.... *shakes her head*

I'm going to throw my pitch in because I think this Spy Game tops all others.  Not only because the writer's are just that good but the plot is exceptional.  DON'T let that intimidate you.  Right now it's practically all girls but think about it.....

We have violence, intrigue, action and things that go BOOM!

What's missing?    MEN and HOT SEX!

There are at least five lovely and sensuous ladies (myself included, haha)  who would love to get there hands on a spy and just......

Hmmm, too scary.  Awwww, but really think....
What could be sexier than being able to throw one of these gun toting babes up against the wall and give her what she really needs.

Oh dear, am I coming across too strong?  We are all about the game but really what's violence without sex?

So come join us and I know we can all have a really good time.  So PM rick957 and enter the world of eat or be eaten.  <.<   *coughs*  You know what I mean.
I am working on it, I swear!

sleepingferret

Quote from: Lady Kitsune on May 22, 2010, 08:07:03 PM
....enter the world of eat or be eaten.  <.<   *coughs*  You know what I mean.

I don't know.... sounds scary, asking for hot sex and talking about lovely women with guns....sounds kinky, intriguing, and down right fantastic...  But the getting eaten part....I thought #1 said the setting was real world, so unless someone is playing a cannibal....it brings all sorts of things to mind.  Some pleasant...others....well not so pleasant.

I'll have to think about it... and see how my time schedule is.

rick957

That's cool, SF, get in touch if you decide you're interested.  :)

As for that whole "eating" business,  *raises eyebrow*  you can sort that out with Kit ....

Brandon

Hmmm, it certainly looks good. The only problem is Im kind of in the mood to play the opposite kind of male characters that seem to be wanted. While I do play strong and virile men they've just become a big cliche as of late for me so I've been more on a fringe of extremely intelligent and somewhat submissive young men trying to find their place in a massive socially conformist society. Im not sure how well, or even if, a character like that would fit in...
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

rick957

Hi Brandon -- Actually I didn't mean to suggest that only ultra-macho male characters were wanted; we're open to characters and players of any gender, sexual orientation, or personality. 

You should keep in mind, though, that your character will be either a freelance mercenary or a government agent posing as one; in short, your character should be an expert in dealing with violence for a living.  That is, unless you want to play a highly unconventional character, someone who isn't a participant in the big competition around which the game revolves.  If you have creative alternatives in mind, I'm always open to trying to work something out.

Once you've looked things over, get in touch here or by PM if you're still interested in participating.  Thanks!

rahatngt

I am also thinking of joining. Have to read it through when I get the time. Have never really played violent character but sure sound interesting to try and also pairing up with aggressive woman and pressing them against the wall as Kitsune suggested sounds wonderful  ;)

Any thoughts or suggestion on what position you are looking for most? Or you prefer to leave it all open?

Carlissa

...Would pregnancy be welcome or unwelcome in this RP?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Ridcully

When I first read the subject, I was thinking to myself: Hell, a lot of people would want to join it, roles should be going away easily. Also, because the first post was written in a very entertaining way.

I haven’t found the time to read over the whole story you worked out so far, and certainly I’d have to read myself into it. Yet, I read over the summary, and some of the character profiles.

My character is a rough idea; I can't put him to any faction you had build out there yet, so I'll just throw him to you as an idea.

Character Name:  Roland Desmont

Known Aliases:  “Roland Stark”; “The German”; Roland himself likes to sign documents with “Roland Deschaines”, a small silly joke which entertains him wildly.

Nationality:  French/German

Measurements and build:  5’10, slim, fit. His chest shows a big scar close to the heart from surgery. Close to it, Roland has a tattoo close to it, a Rose growing out of a grave; a small gravestone says “Kundus”.
Hair:  Black.

Eyes:  Blue-greyish.

Distinctive features/identifying characteristics:  Quotes movies -  especially Western movies  - a lot. While thinking or focusing, he tends to whistle. Wears glasses in public situations or in disguise despite of very sharp eyes. Draws faster than any other mercenary, though his shooting lacks a  lot of precision. 
Weapons preferences:  Despises machine rifles. Usually seen with a Magnum revolver, if possible. Otherwise, he wears a modified Glock 36, caliber .45.

Background: 
Born child of a German engineer and a French actress, Roland grew up in a household which was determined by an everlasting struggle between his parents. While the father educates him in physics, biology and chemistry, his mother tends to teach him a love for art, the theatre and, eventually, movies. As the parents divorce when Roland is eight years old, the development gets worse; every parent wants to draw the boy into his or her world, instead of letting him develop an own personality with his own likes.
While his mother still works on stage, it is mostly the father who takes care of the boy. His father develops tanks for the NATO, and -  as the boy gathers  - works on very secret vehicles. In 1987, the father however is killed by an East-German agent in his house; plans and documents are stolen from the house as well.
The boy watches his father being killed; it is not known officially how he could rescue himself, as the killing took place in the families house at night. Roland refused to talk about it to the police, which eventually considered him to have had a psychic blackout and wasn’t able to recall anything.
Living with his mother in France from then on, he is mostly left on his own. Struggling with the French language (after not having had much contact to his mother before), his grades in school go down fast. Eventually, his mother sends him off to an “Internat”, a german school institute in which the children will also live throughout the year while attending the school.

When the German Wall falls down in 1989, he’s 14 years old. The boy runs from the Internat in order to search the man who killed his father in Eastern Germany or, if necessary, Eastern Europe. The police catches him after 3 months at the train Station “Berliner Zoo”; they consider him to be, as many teens who had run away and live there, drug-addicted and selling himself off. They oversee that the boy is mentally stable, and far from showing any signs of drugs or sexual abuse.

At this age, Roland understands he has to play along for a while before making his own way. He finishes school with brillant grades. He surprises friends and loved ones as he doesn’t follow the academical life, but instead joins the army right after leaving school. He’s got no love for the reunited Germany; yet, he knews he has no other way to gather information on the killing of his father.

From 1994-1999, he’s member of the “Eingriffstruppe KSK”, a highly trained special unit of the German army, and, honestly, the only german special unit able to compete with other international units. Though his shooting lacks precision and he’s wildly considered an outsider in the troop for his wide cultural interests, his ability to quickly understand and solve difficult situations are most welcomed. Also, he tends to constantly read, and his knowledge about other people cultures and way of thinking is most welcome. The troop calls him “Goethe”, after the well-known german poet, a sign or respect but also a sign of considering him a strange person at the same time.

In 1999, Roland leaves the KSK to work for the BND, the Bundesnachrichtendienst. While he fulfills his mission, he still seeks to find information on the killer of his father. During this time, he travels all over the world. Though he has affairs every now and there, his main focus is on finding out about his father, and, furthermore, the plans that had been stolen from the man. In 2008, he’s send to Afghanistan, where he meets a local woman called Alisha. He falls for her, yet at the end of 2009 he’s send on a mission in the Kundus mountains. His objective is to find out about a certain transport, of which the authorities believe to held weapons for the Taliban.

Roland however gets fooled by Alisha, who is a double-agent for the Taliban. Deeply in love with her, he oversees or misinterprets information given to him by her. She makes him believe that the transport indeed holds many -  and dangerous  - weapons.

On his proposal, the transport is attacked – any many civilians killed, for it was a transport bringing food and water to mountain regions.

Roland is broken: His love had been used against him, and his mind doesn’t seem to be brighter than his heart.

The Taliban had hoped for most European armies to retreat from such an incident, which unfortunately doesn’t happen.

After finding out, Roland tracks down Alisha and kills her by putting a bullet to her head, while she shoots him in the chest. He welcomes death, but is, unfortunately from his point of view, rescued, leaving a big scar over his chest to make him never forget his failure.

He’s thrown out of the BND, and now, in 2010, Roland is a broken man: He haven’t found out about his father, the only life he had known had been taken from him, and the only woman he had ever loved had betrayed him. The only thing that stops him from putting a bullet to his head is...well, what? He can’t say, and he’s looking for a reason every morning. He has retreated to Berlin, living in a community of self-declared authors, and spending most of his time by drinking alcohol and wondering about a wasted life.

Current status:  Unemployed, hopeless, and putting a gun to his head in front of the mirror every morning.

rick957

Hiya raha, :)  Unless you have a highly unconventional alternative that you want to suggest, choosing a character really comes down to whether you want to be a "good guy" or a "bad guy."  The bad guys in the game are the freelance mercenaries, and the good guys are the government agents posing as mercenaries.  Of course, neither needs to be all-"good" or all-"bad" in any stereotypical way.  Basically, we want each participant to play whatever kind of character they will enjoy the most.

Carlissa -- I have no objections to the idea of a pregnant character, and I like for everyone to do whatever they enjoy doing.  Just keep in mind that you're playing either a freelance mercenary or a government espionage agent, so you'd have to make the pregnancy work with one of those types of characters; you'd have to be able to do lots of physically demanding, high-risk activities.  Also, if you're looking for a game in which a character's pregnancy is a big focus of the storyline, you'd want to look elsewhere.

Ridcully, worry not, we're still eager to have more male participants, and generally speaking, we've always got room for dedicated, enthusiastic joiners, regardless of gender.  Your character looks great, and I'm impressed with all the thought you put into his background.  I'll be PMing you later today to discuss getting you into the game.

Thanks for the interest, everyone!  This thread will remain open for anyone wanting to give us a try.

rahatngt

My internet is acting up and feeling far too sleepy to make a character now. But my plan is to make an undercover agent who has built a reputation as a mercenary for hire, a ladies man and an expert in his job.

Would be hired and join in on the rescue operation (if you don't mind and if I can join in time) and accompany the girls to the safe house maybe. Another thought would be to act as a liaison for the fashion lady (can't check her name).

Still thinking and suggestions are welcome.

rick957

Raha -- Your ideas sound fine, except don't plan too much in terms of how your character will enter the storyline, just yet ... I'm hesitant to drop another character into the current scene, for example, because there's no easy way to logically arrange it; I already used the most obvious setup to add someone else to the scene.  Also, I don't want to make the scene any more complicated.  And, there may be other players who I need to add to the storyline along with yours.  I may just come up with a scene that can be played out separately but concurrently with the office scene.  Anyways, focus on putting together your character sheet, and we'll figure out the rest later.

Galanthor

dunno...i really feel i'd go down if i played with so many writers but being german myself this really cought my interest...may you give me the last push?

Tackyhillbilly

Character Name:  Thomas Kleinborn

Known Aliases:  "Winding Terrace":"Anthony Tompkins"

Nationality:  American

Measurements and build: 6'2, 159. Tall and rather slim, not what one would think of when they think Mafia member.

Hair:  Light Brown

Eyes:  Blue

Distinctive features/identifying characteristics: 
A fan of Jazz and Irish Folk Music, tends toward motion sickness (carries patches with him to counteract it)

Weapons preferences:  Skilled with a standard issue Glock. If situations require it, capable of using either the Remington 870 Combat Shotgun, or an MP5.

Background:  Background drawn from FBI files. Reading Dossier without permission is a federal offense

Thomas was born in Seattle, Washington. Father was a minor functionary in Washington State Government, mother worked for a public library. Childhood unexceptional, grades above average, but not spectacular.

Went to University of Washington, obtained degree in Linguistics. Pursued Masters. After recieving Masters in Economics, applied for position of FBI Special Agent position. Got high marks, and impressed interviewers. Accepted, sent to Quantico for training. Did extremely well at all levels of training. Marksmanship extremely notable. Served as Special Agent in FBI for several years, mostly working cases in South West, primarily drug runners. Transferred to FBI HRT (Hostage Rescue Team), stationed in DC. Served with distinction. Transferred back to investigative work after operation went bad, lost much of his team.

Personality:The perfect agent. Speaks several languages fluently. Highly ordered, and efficient. Very congenial and personable, known for working well with both those placed over and under him. Despite this, crack shot. Prefers to avoid killing, as per FBI Policy, but capable of act if circumstances require it. Off duty, enjoys music.

Current status:FBI has recieved information as to the nature of the change in Russian Mafia. Kleinborn has been tapped to infiltrate the process. If possible, identifying "the Shark" for extradition ranks high on list of priorities. Kleinborn has been made aware of likelihood of CIA involvement, but FBI has not seen fit to apprise CIA of dispatch. FBI believes the CIA would take action to neutralize Kleinborn, placing its operations as higher priority. Adopted identity of Anthony Tompkins, Army Rangers, recipient of dishonorable discharge for classified misconduct during operations in Afghanistan. FBI Moles have provided appropriate backing to make his name known to the Bratva.

---

Thought I'd try something a little different. If this won't work, I can figure something else out. Just thought a 'good guy' with a bit different priorities and goals might be fun.

rick957

Nice character, Tackyhillbilly.  :)  My bed is calling me, but I'll PM you tomorrow to discuss getting you into the game.  It's really been great seeing so much interest, thanks to all of you who've replied.

To anyone who hasn't contacted me yet:  please hold off on designing a character.  Just PM me or post here and let me know you're interested in joining; designing a character can happen after you've been accepted into the game.  Thanks!

Tackyhillbilly

rahatngt

Very busy day .. not sure if I can post a character today. Can anyone help me find a good character photo .. always have trouble with that. A youngish guy from mid 20s to early 30, tall and good looking probably :)

In any case would try my best to get a character up as soon as I can.

Zelric Miras

I would like to give it a try if it is still open.

Carlissa

@Tacky: Would you like to get my character pregnant? I always wanted to have on of House's babies! ^^
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Tackyhillbilly

If the circumstances were right, I'd have no objections. Know nothing about your character though, so I can't say yes or no.

rick957

Raha and Travaius, if you have your characters ready, please PM them to me so I can have a look.  Raha, I had meant to remind you, since I know from our past games that you enjoy your share of sex -- and nothing wrong with that, of course :) -- but do keep in mind that sex is a relatively small part of this game.  It's much more about good storytelling and characters than anything else.  Just wanted to make sure you know what you're getting into.  Oh, as to finding character pictures, personally I search Google Images for actors or models and then poke around at the source sites for the better images.

Ridcully and Brandon, I've put up some stuff concerning you guys in a recent post to the OOC thread, which by now you're hopefully keeping an eye on.

Sleepingferret, Carlissa, and Leorobin, thanks for your interest, I may contact you guys later when there are opportunities to add people.

Anyone else who wants to be considered for the game is still welcome to post here or PM me.  As GM, I reserve the right to go with whomever I think will fit in best with the other current players, based on looking at everyone's writing styles, so it's not a first-come-first-served kind of thing. 

Thanks everyone!

Zelric Miras

rahatngt

Sorry for the lateness. Have been leading a bit hectic life with meetings and  travels. Hopefully not a too unrealistic character :)

Character Name: Clive Johnson

Known Aliases: "Mad shooter"

Nationality: British

Measurement: 6'0, lean muscled build, very strong.

Hair: Black

Weapons: Even though a capable hand to hand fighter mostly prefer any sort of handgun. But also good with long range sniper rifles.

Distinctive characteristic: Appears very lazy, floating through life, taking jobs as his whims suit him and very much a ladies man.

Background: Most details of these background is highly classified known to only a few top hand in MI6

His parents were brutally killed by the mob in front of him at an early age which shaped his later life. He was taken in to a protective custody just to be safe and somehow he showed interest in learning weapons firing and his apparent whim was taken in consideration and some basic training was arranged only to find him a phenomenal natural born shooter. He was trained under high secrecy and became an almost unbelievably accurate shooter with almost any handgun.

He was taken on MI6 and was given the assignment of a deep cover agent working inside the mob. The persona he took was that of a gun for hire. He started working for one mob against another one. Some accident of high profile people was put in under his name through rumors to give him a ruthless background. He also projected a dangerous lazy boy persona who works at his whim which made him able to choose which job to take or not. What nobody noticed was that he only ever killed mob members, dropping their number from inside and getting information to the MI6 when he could. All this non mob killings were actually natural death or hit by others that was carefully planted in his name to build reputation.

Three years ago though he got into one trouble with that persona but he managed to handle the situation and got the name of "Mad Shooter" and sort of became a legend as far as sharp shooting went. A high profile mob boss was angry at his rejection of taking down a political leader and called him in a meeting to force him to take the job. He listened to his order with a smile with multiple people with drawn gun on him. He politely refused saying that forcing him is a mistake. Out of the twelve gun man and the boss only a single one was left alive from the scene. But more than the destruction of such a high profile boss or his guards the description of the man alive was what sent a chill through everyone. The guy was smiling all through and his movements seemed almost lazy as he move around, using just two shots per person .. one taking off their trigger finger and the other smack middle of eyes. How can somebody survive against twelve gunman in close quarter and do such a things was hard to believe and to do that smiling and the confidence that he shown earned him the name "Mad Shooter". After that nobody pushed him into taking a job .. just politely requested it.

His lazy boy and moody persona is also strengthen by his being such a ladies man. Playing with mob girls and others all alike, seemingly he enjoys himself as much as he can. He actually tries to forget about the past, the desire for vengeance through his wild life.

Current Status: Unemployed. MI6 hinted that something big might come up soon.

ABitOffTheWall

This game isn't still looking for men, is it?
My Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=8432
Game Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61048.0
I will love you forever if you give me something Mass Effecty

rick957

Hiya ABOTW,  :)

Thanks for asking, we're always on the lookout for gifted, motivated collaborators, and both characters and players can come from whatever gender.  At the moment, however, I'm busy introducing four new characters into the storyline, so we're not adding anyone else for a little while, but that's bound to change soon.  I will keep you in mind and may contact you when the next opportunity comes up to add characters.

Inquiries from any interested people are always welcome; we add people frequently, and I like to have a variety of writers to choose from when there are openings, so that I can pick people whose writing styles will work well with the rest of the current group.