Firefly 'Serenity' RP

Started by ChainsawAdams, May 01, 2013, 08:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Baalborn87

Crash

Just a guess but above and below the crew quarters makes sense.  Easy to get to in an emergency.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

ChainsawAdams

we could use one of the unused guest dorms to store weapons.  As for the turrets what he just stated makes sense,  Above and below
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
(Fridays 11pm EST on Party 934)
ON / OFF's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152802.0

Baalborn87

Crash

Quote from: MaiMizzu on May 16, 2013, 09:01:24 PM
Ill be posting in the next day or so. been working alot of hours lately.

I have a post mostly ready, I'll just add any interaction with Edie to it once you post.

Crash

Hey all, I'm sorry but it looks like I am going to be bowing out of this game.  It is just a little too much on my plate right now.  Hopefully we can RP in other games. My apologies everyone.

Baalborn87

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

ChainsawAdams

So....let's start with a simple role call.  All interested in continuing with the RP say  "I"
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Baalborn87

ChainsawAdams

Im not sure we can run this thing with just the three of us
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

even if each of us makes three thats six characters...is that enough to pilot a ship?
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Etah dna Evol

I'm interested. Also I got the feeling from watching the show that it only takes one pilot and one engineer to run the ship.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Baalborn87

4 sounds right for a crew doing crimely and nefarious deeds.

SpiralSpider

I'm interested! Please let me know if there is still room and I will come up with a character.  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

ChainsawAdams

Okay, I'll have to look back and see who quit to see what positions need to be filled again.  I still can't believe they all quit so quickly
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

SpiralSpider

I see your pilot just quit. Mind if I take that position? ;)

ChainsawAdams

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

SpiralSpider

Name: Mei-Lien Moore

Sex: female

Home Planet: Sihnon

Appearance: Standing at a solid 5'10, Mei also sports a sturdy build. It's obvious by looking at her once that this is a lady who doesn't fall for the idea that women need to be waifs. That being said, she's a healthy-eater all together, her love of fruit being a good motivation for seeking fresh produce whenever she has the means for the luxury. Her hair is very long - past her bottom - but she usually keeps it either back in a complicated layering of braids to keep it tidy or in a mass of crimped fury when she just can't be bothered to do so. She prefers to dress in uncomplicated fashion, often going barefoot and donning a simple flowing gown. Her wardrobe is almost entirely composed of silk items, as she'd become accustomed to the feel of them while she was still young and knows how well the fabric retains its value, should she become desperate enough to pawn them. Mei's eyes are a soft, jaden green - like her hair, they are a testament to her Irish heritage, even if nothing else but her surname goes along with the giveaway. (Mei fails to have any accent at all)

Personality: This buxom female is wise to the antics of many, but prefers to keep quiet and gather information until it really becomes useful to use it against them. She'll toss someone a wry smile when they give something away, but usually keeps the secrets of those who have earned her trust. She's quite easy-going, and prefers to make her mark on her personal space and so has the tendency to leave personal belongings about the bridge/cockpit of the Black-Jack - since she spends so much time there, she wants to make herself comfortable. Although she doesn't necessarily fit into the standard norms of what is considered the ideal of beauty, she has a lot of confidence in her self worth and never compares herself to other women - just one of the many benefits of growing up being surrounded by companions back on her homeworld. Happy to be left alone for long periods of time, the pilot life suits her well. However, she does have a fair amount of wit and wouldn't give up the chance to say something snarky over the loudspeaker if she felt it necessary... or just fun.

Personal items: Many, many silk dresses and nightgowns. A few pairs of pants. Two pairs of sandals and one pair of thick leather boots. She carries a messenger bag filled with bits of odd wire and metal scraps that she uses to tinker with radios and the like - communications has always been one of her favorite bits of technology.

Weapons:
Colt 1911 handgun
Two Machetes
A handheld taser
A wooden sword

Character history: Mei's maternal family were descendants of modest folk who had traveled to Sihnon in order to dedicate themselves to learning more about the Buddhist religion - which continues to be a great influence on them today. Mei's father was a transport pilot who flew supplies for the Alliance. He taught Mei the basics of flying while she was still young enough to show an interest. While she was an adolescent, her parents sought to give her the best options possible as far as education goes. While her father was all for getting her started in training to become a Companion, Mei's mother was skeptical that such a lifestyle would be in her best interests. However, her parents did hire a few ladies from the guild to teach Mei some things that they didn't believe were being covered well enough in the public school system. Through them, she learned music - dance, singing and playing mandolin. She was also taught fencing and retains a love of the art to this day, although she has no weapon of the sort to practice with, unless you count her boken.

A few years down this road lead eventually to Mei's rebellious teenage years. She became a performer of sorts just to gain attention from others around her. She grabbed the attention of an older man and in her impetuous youth, thought she had been gifted love at first sight. Her parents were immediately against their relationship, but she did not pay any heed to their warnings. Eventually they flat-out forbid her to see him any longer and she took a careless and drastic measure - running away with the man. The next 6 months of her life - the last of which before she became a legal adult - were are whirlwind adventure with the man who had rekindled her long-lost love of flying a ship. But he never intended to keep to his lofty promises of making her his "one and only". Too quickly, he moved on to another conquest and left Mei to fend for herself on some dusty border planet.

Broke and alone, and the entertainment business not proving to be at all profitable, she took to odd jobs in order to support herself. Her father's early training proved to be her savior, as it gave her the means to make money and get the gorram hell off the dusty rock Earnest had dumped her on. 9 years later, she's a well-seasoned and much more wizened woman who just retired from a risky assignment with another unworthy crew. She found herself on Whitefall, looking for a new ship to fly.

Goal: to make a living for herself, find happiness and explore. She doesn't support the Alliance because she dislikes how rigid they are; she values freedom and individuality.

Talents: Musically inclined. She loves to fiddle with com systems and can usually tweak them to perform better. Her piloting skills are great - but not exactly to the point where she could make maneuvers with her eyes closed. (No "leaf on the wind" here, sadly)

Job: Pilot

SpiralSpider

Are we to now read the story without the posts by those that left? Is it possible to have them delete their posts? (We could also re-launch the game if need be...)

Also, Cap'n do you approve of my Pilot concept?

Baalborn87

Spider, we could step off from my post (I think it should work with your character) pretty open.

Etah dna Evol

Birth Name: Wilhelm le Noir

Known to the Alliance as: The Demon Eyed Sniper, ‘ol Demon Eyes

Known to Independents as: Thirteen

Current Cover: Willie Black

Last known military rank: Master Gunner

Sex: Male

Home Planet: Persephone is the birthplace of Wilhelm le Noir, but Willie Black’s paperwork lists Whitefall as his place of birth and home of record.

Appearance: Willie has a thick brown mustache, long brown hair and bright red piercing eyes. He is tall and imposing, standing at six feet three inches and weighing in at two hundred and twenty pounds of mostly muscle, from his years in prison. He wears a black cowboy hat, a black duster, a brown leather vest and brown leather boots. The brown belt around his waist holds two holsters which he uses for his revolvers and he sometimes wears a combat sling around his back that holds his shotgun under his duster. The only symbol of his noble heritage that he commonly wears is spurs around his boots.

Personality: Willie Black’s cold and reserved exterior belies a smoldering passion. He speaks slowly and deliberately, until his tongue has been loosened by whiskey among good friends. His voice is deep and carries, even when his words are spare. He makes friends slowly, but once he makes them he is loyal til the end. Conversely he is also bitter and vengeful, never forgetting a grudge. His mannerisms seem intimidating to most people,  but they are unintentionally slow.

Personal items: Willie values his cloths and equipment, but doesn’t like to own more than he can carry on his back. He has a single foot locker that he can carry with him if needs be that generally carries his sword, a few changes of cloths, extra ammo and food and a few military knickknacks from his past.

Weapons
Two Colt Trooper mk. III’s

and a Benelli M3 Super 90 shotgun

And a duelists epee

Character history
You wouldn’t be able to tell it from looking at him, but Ol’ Willie is from noble stick. His father Sir Ivarr le Noir and his mother, Lady Philippa de Willesford were nobles of the highest caliber on Persephone and that was the problem. Their wealth depended largely upon their popularity and when their son was born blind in both eyes, they realized that they would have to keep him far away from anyone they knew. Even after Doctors at Saint Lucy's hospital on the planet Ariel gave him ocular implants as an infant, they glowed an eerie and unnatural red that his parents were ashamed of.

Young Wilhelm was sent to the core world of Sihnon. There he was raised in a boarding school from infancy onward. As soon as he arrived like the other students, infant Wilhelm was tattooed with the number thirteen on his neck to denote that he was a part of the thirteenth student cohort. There he was taught classical subjects, learning first the quadrivium of arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy and then the trivium of grammar, logic, and rhetoric.  Additionally he leaned etiquette and fencing. Wilhelm learned his subjects well and became a competitive fencer, but felt stifled by the environment and rejected by his family, so he started rebelling and acting out.

At the age of seventeen, Wilhelm received the last modification on his ocular implants he would ever need. Shortly thereafter he was kicked out of his the boarding school for rebellious acts and disinherited from his family. That is the day Willie Black was born, Willie being a common nickname for Wilhelm and Noir being French for black. He returned to Persephone and found what work he could as a commoner with no education. In the next year ol’Willie found out that his ocular implants are functionally targeting computers, perfectly interacting with his hand eye coordination and reflexes, making him quick and accurate with a gun at any range. So he began to work as a hired gun, going by the sobriquet of Thirteen.

Thirteen found work in every corner of the verse, toting guns for slavers, pirates and mercenaries. From the age of eighteen to the age of twenty-four he was in and out of prison and experienced the furthest reaches of the verse. As he experienced more of the frontier he came to feel at home there in a way he never did on Persephone or Sihnon. When war broke out in 2506 between the power hungry Alliance that to him represented his parent’s arrogance and sense of eliteness, and the Independent Faction who had come to represent freedom to him, Willie found a more altruistic use for his gun fighting skills.

As a Sergeant with the Independence Irregulators he became a Browncoat. Serving in many of the battles over the next few years he learned how to maintain, fix and fire shipboard weapon systems, maintain, fix and fire mortars and artillery and how to maintain, fix and fire sniper weapons systems. On this long journey he became a Master Gunner, the Browncoat equivalent of what some would call a warrant Officer and a famous sniper among the Alliance forces on Du-Khang. They called him the Demon Eyed Sniper or ol’Demon eyes because his bright red eyes were the last thing many alliance soldiers saw before they got a bullet in the brain.

In May 2511Thirteen was on New Kashmir when the Independence movement received its killing blow in Serenity Valley on the planet of Hera. The Master Gunner and a small band of other Independence Irregulators refused to surrender. Evading capture they slipped through the Alliance net on New Kashmir and wound up on Verbena, in the same star system. Going by Willie Black again, him and his Bushwackers fought Alliance forces who were trying to create a gearshift assembly factory in a planet that had formerly been beyond their authority.

The  Verbena Bushwackers adopted black dusters as a way to mourn the failure of the Independence movement, and so were sometimes called the Blackcoats. They were able to disable the plant a few times and murdered a few top executives but were soon caught and either killed or arrested.  Ever a survivalist, Willie Black managed to convince the Alliance Forces that he was a lower ranking operative, had not been involved in the prior war of Independence at all and had not killed anybody on the planet Verbena.

Luckily the other Blackcoats were loyal to their Master Gunner and none of them rolled over on him. So Willie Black having convinced Alliance military forces that he was not an enemy combatant got the lightest sentence of all his men, five years of hard labor. Digging ditches and cracking rocks in a top security prison on Persephone, the only way Willie Black entertained himself was being a combatant in underground smokers fights where he would beat the life out of other prisoners in exchange for money and prison privileges which were put up as bets.

Released in 2517, Willie Black convinced the Alliance Prison system to return him to his place of birth in Whitefall, which of course is not the truth. After reaching Whitefall, Willie Black heard of a crew looking for crew members. Trying to find a new place in life, Willie went to see what was up.

Goal:  Having his personal belongings brought to Whitefall by friends of the Bushwackers and retrieving them, his primary goal is wine, women and maybe a little song. Willie Black’s secondary goal is to obtain the funds to buy a reliable sniper rifle, since that opens him to a wider array of employment. He also wants to spite the Alliance forces and genuinely aid people in the frontier worlds somehow.

Talents
* Willie Black's ocular implants allow him to see in the inferred spectrum's, to magnify, to record and replay information in different ways and to connect directly to computer systems.
* Willie Black is a fast draw, an accurate gunman and a very accurate rifleman at any distance.
* Willie Black can maintain, repair, upgrade and fire shipboard weapons systems.
* Willie Black can maintain, repair, upgrade and fire nearly any modular weapons system from mortars, to artillery to machine guns.
* Willie Black has basic military, stealth and survival skills
* Willie Black knows most basic shipboard systems
* Willie Black has a classical education and tends to be smarter than he looks
* Willie Black can read, write and speak English with a Southern and a high noble accept, Mandarin, Cantonese, Greek and Latin.
* Willie Black understands the etiquette of nobility
* Willie Black is a professional level fencer, though he doesn’t like showing this skill.
* Willie Black can wrestle and fight at a semi-professional level, something he picked up in prison

Job:  Onboard the ship, Willie Black can maintain, repair, upgrade and fire shipboard weapons systems. He can also assist the ships engineer in minor ways.

Loyalties:  Being a veteran of the Independent Confederation, Willie Black sees the Alliance as a corrupt and controlling force. He will act against it given the slightest reason or provocation and cooperate with it only for a great amount of wealth or for survival itself.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs