Vampire the Masquerade Mafia [Game Thread] [Day Phase 4]

Started by Blythe, May 13, 2016, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

So, I'm definitely coming across as more aggressive than I meant to.  I want to apologize (especially to Geeklet) and I'll try to calm down.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

~Current Votes~

11 - Nobody
2 - Remiel
1 - Geeklet

Yet to Vote:
Madame Professor

(re-posting the above so people don't have to click back a page or so!)

AndyZ

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 18, 2016, 02:36:52 PM
-sighs- It seems everyone is committed to not lynching someone. I have just played too many of these games to know that just doesn't work.

Guy's logic about Remi knowing is right on, though. While he might not know anything about VtM (which I know is true), he does know a thing or two about Mafia. And never is a nobody vote a good idea. So, while I was thinking about voting for Remi... Andy posted while I was away and his logic is.... Illogical. I can understand Geeklet's paranoia. Sheriff paints a HUGE target on your back. However, he seems to be using that against her.

So, yeah, tossing my vote to Andy. Cause that was a lot of making apples out of oranges...

Respectfully, Madame has voted.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

Thank you! Sorry for missing that--and someone also let me know that there was a vote change I hadn't noticed! (And yes please, players, if you do see something I post that isn't accurate, poke me here or in PMs. <3 ) My apologies for not seeing your vote, Madame Professor!  :-(

~Current Votes~

10 - Nobody
2 - Remiel
2 - Andy
1 - Geeklet

I'll leave voting up the rest of the night, and voting will be final as of tomorrow! You are permitted to change your votes until tomorrow 11 a.m. US Central time. Any votes changed after that will not be counted!

yugi006

I tried to use this same logic last time I played a Mafia game with some of you guys and the same thing that people have said here with no imformation it's hard to decide who to vote for. So I don't know what to do right now.  I literally have to information whatsoever as I haven't contacted anyone via pm or have not been contacted by anyone so my vote stays. As much as I would love to see a Sabbat lynched I have no clue who to vote for. I just don't want two good guys dead by the start of Day 2.

Blythe

Voting is now closed!

Listening to the will of the Kindred of his court, the Prince allows them to choose to sentence no one to the Final Death. The Kindred are permitted to slumber for the rest of the day. Nighttime falls, and the Kindred must be released in order to hunt. They will return to the Prince's dominion before daybreak!

~Plain Game Text~

The Night Phase has begun. No further PMs are permitted between daytime players. Night-time roles, please await a PM from me asking for your night actions.

theLeslie

I don't think we need to be in a rush, and Guy's claim to be seen as sabbat, but also be not actually be sabbat, and encouraging people to lynch with very little information rubs me wrong.

Blythe

Quote from: theLeslie on May 19, 2016, 10:51:05 PM
I don't think we need to be in a rush, and Guy's claim to be seen as sabbat, but also be not actually be sabbat, and encouraging people to lynch with very little information rubs me wrong.

Ah, my apologies; I didn't clarify. Further public deliberation should wait until the next Day Phase begins, so hold that thought, theLeslie. My bad. <3

theLeslie

Blythe

The Dawn Comes...

And with it, the Prince herds all the Kindred of his dominion back into Elysium, safe from the sun's rays, and he says, "The Sabbat have struck last night. Perilously alone, Sunshine met her Final Death. We grieve her loss, as she was, to my knowledge, nothing but loyal and essential to my domain."

He takes a breath, even though this breath is reflexive; his undead flesh requires no air, as does none of your flesh.

"We must root out the Sabbat. Pray, tell me, my subjects...who do you believe to be guilty? Who shall we send to the abyssal maw of death's embrace?"

~Plain Game Text~

Day Phase #2 has begun! SunshineSparkle was killed in the night. She was loyal to the Camarilla and had a special role.

(When a player dies, I will tell you what their loyalty is perceived to be and if they were a special role, but I will not define the nature of their deaths more than that.)

It is time to vote on who to lynch next. You may still choose to vote for nobody, but after Day 3, this will no longer be permitted. The game will progress after 48 hours, so please vote promptly!

(Aaaaand resume that thought, Leslie! You were just barely ahead of my update. <3 )

AndyZ

Quote from: theLeslie on May 19, 2016, 10:51:05 PM

If this is the dominant perspective among everyone, our best bet is to probably lynch Guy.  We'd very likely lose a town member, but no one would be able to claim Diablerist.

However, it may well not matter, since we just lost a special Camarilla member.  It could have been Ventrue Diablerist and Sunshine just didn't get to inform us yet, but more likely we just lost a very important role.

In Town of Salem, people can at least leave wills, and you know exact roles when they die.  However, we have no information beyond that Camarilla is now at a significant disadvantage.

I think we're better off voting from here on in.  If you want to lynch me, by all means.  It'll prove that I'm Camarilla and then you can start going after the people who tried to get me lynched before.

Galactic Druid

Honestly, if the majority of you guys feel I'm not trustworthy, then you absolutely should lynch me. Since no one tried to counterclaim me, I've practically already played out the usefulness of my role, so now I'm just good to the team as an amateur detective. I wouldn't want my accusations swaying opinions of teammates that don't trust me though, so I'm okay with dying. After all, I'll still win if the Camarilla does.

To reply to Leslie and Andy though, I'm in favor of lynching because that's how you kill a Sabbat. Yes, it was a shot in the dark, but I'd rather do that that nothing at let them take free shots at us and potentially kill a special. Plus, if we had lynched, the bodyguard may have had an idea for someone to protect if there was someone especially vocal or decisive during voting.

I do want to point out though that Andy (who also voted to lynch), quickly changed his stance from "Guy claimed lycan and wanted to take action, he's trustworthy!" To "We should probably go ahead and lynch Guy!" rather quickly.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Geeklet

My suspicions still lie with Remi. Maybe its still just spite, but he should know better.

AmberStarfire

Galactic Druid

Love that movie. Love that clip!

I agree that Remi is 50 Shades of Shades, but Andy has me a bit more suspicious. That wasn't a vote though, I want to see what other people think so far.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

AmberStarfire

Yeah, the Princess Bride is epic and an excellent source of clips. :D

I'm not really in a mood to debate things so I'll just vote when it's time to.

I assume just asking Sunshine what her role was is frowned upon?

AndyZ

Guy, my vote is for Geeklet, but I'll help vote you in if the majority wants you staked, for the reasons you've already stated.  I expect you to do the same for me, and then remember who was so adamant about my death.  After all, they'll need to be checked later.

Geeklet

I would like to know why you wish to vote for me.

While I believe some of your arguments the previous day were flawed, I don't really think it was coming from anywhere deceptive.

AndyZ

I'll change my vote to Madame Professor if you agree to vote for her also.  For the sake of the deal, we'll make it this night only so that you can change later if she isn't staked.

Blythe

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 20, 2016, 03:06:59 PM

I assume just asking Sunshine what her role was is frowned upon?

That would not be allowed, as dead players are not permitted to communicate regarding the game, either in thread or PM.

(Well, unless the Wraith perishes as well, then dead players will get very specific communication rules)

Madame Professor

Quote from: AndyZ on May 20, 2016, 03:18:00 PM
I'll change my vote to Madame Professor if you agree to vote for her also.  For the sake of the deal, we'll make it this night only so that you can change later if she isn't staked.

So wait... Lemme get this straight... You are voting for Geeklet unless she agrees to vote for me with you? You have been jumping about this entire game, bouncing around from player to player in hopes that the rest of the gathered will bite...

Honestly, if Guy truly is the Venture Diablerist, lynching him only hurts us. It lowers the numbers for the Camarilla even further. It's a super bold play if he is Sabbat, almost begging the Seer to look at him, knowing they were see Sabbat. Given that no one jumped on him, though, he is probably telling the truth so advocating to lynch him is not in the best interest of the Camarilla.

Andy, however, first says we should Lynch Guy, for reasons I still don't quiet follow... then tells Guy (And makes his vote official) that Geeklet is in his sights, only to then tell Geeky, "I'll vote Madame if you do"... your reasoning for all of these actions makes no sense or isn't there at all.

You've changed your position 3 times in 12 hours... It's super shady. Even if you don't mean it to be.

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

AndyZ

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 17, 2016, 01:58:03 PM
But....

This.

I mean, I know it sucks... But I have a hard time just letting the Sabbat have a free night...

:-\

Here's Mappy talking about how it's a good idea to lynch someone.

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 20, 2016, 04:01:02 PM
So wait... Lemme get this straight... You are voting for Geeklet unless she agrees to vote for me with you? You have been jumping about this entire game, bouncing around from player to player in hopes that the rest of the gathered will bite...

Honestly, if Guy truly is the Venture Diablerist, lynching him only hurts us. It lowers the numbers for the Camarilla even further. It's a super bold play if he is Sabbat, almost begging the Seer to look at him, knowing they were see Sabbat. Given that no one jumped on him, though, he is probably telling the truth so advocating to lynch him is not in the best interest of the Camarilla.

Andy, however, first says we should Lynch Guy, for reasons I still don't quiet follow... then tells Guy (And makes his vote official) that Geeklet is in his sights, only to then tell Geeky, "I'll vote Madame if you do"... your reasoning for all of these actions makes no sense or isn't there at all.

You've changed your position 3 times in 12 hours... It's super shady. Even if you don't mean it to be.

Here's Mappy less than a day later talking about what a bad idea it is to lynch someone who is probably Cam as well as giving me a hard time for jumping around.

Honestly, I'm up for lynching any of the three, but we have a first past the post voting system.  Of the three of you, though, I trust Guy the most, simply because he's given a role.

Remiel

I will actually vouch for Andy.  Because of reasons.

Geeklet is as shady as balls at this point.  Her accusation of me was extremely bold, and painted a huge target on both of our backs.  I thought for sure that either she or myself would have been targeted during the night.

Sunshine Sparkle was certainly an interesting choice for the Sabbat.  The only thing we know about Sunshine is that she nominated Madame Professor for Sheriff.   Therefore, either Madame Professor is Sabbat (which is extremely likely since she's always picked to be the villain in these games) or someone's trying to set her up.

Geeklet

Andy, none of what you are saying is reason to vote for MP.

The vote for the first day? A random chance at getting a Sabbat is better than no chance. This day, she says its not a good idea to vote someone who so far seems to be clearly Camarilla.

How is any of that a bad thing?

Also, Remiel, you may see it as shady, I see it as merely sparking conversation. Every one was saying we had little to go on. Well, we still have little to go on if no one says anything and keeps everything super close to their chest. If you want someone to slip up, you got to get them talking first.