Best Friend was paid to be your friend

Started by Rainbowtech, July 28, 2011, 07:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbowtech

Ok, so here's the hypothetical: You have the best friend ever. You've been besties since you were five. He/She has been there for you at every moment you've needed someone. He/She has been supportive in every area of your life. You're now in your ealry twenties and you find out your Mother paid your best friend ten bucks to hang out with you when your were five. She hasn't paid him since. Can you still be friends with that person?

ofDelusions

Yes. That would have happened years ago, I don't see how I could keep a grudge against something someone did while he was five.

Anjasa

Well they decided to keep bring friends with them after the money stopped, so I don't see why it would matter.

Anyalyss

Sure, I woulnd't mind it either since it happened long ago, but I would still tickle and tease my mother about what she did long ago, just for fun :P
O&O's    A&A's

Flower

I pretty much agree with everyone else. It was such a long time ago. It would probably become a joke between us.  :-)

Oniya

I'd be more miffed at my mother than my friend, especially since it was a one-time payment.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on July 28, 2011, 11:26:32 AM
I'd be more miffed at my mother than my friend, especially since it was a one-time payment.
That, pretty much. Not that I'd actually be mad at her since, y'know, she meant well, but if I were upset with anyone it'd be her. After all, my friend was the guy who actually turned out to be a good guy despite initially just doing it for the money; mom's the one who seemed to think I was such a lame person I couldn't make friends of my own.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sabby

I didn't read the rest of the responses, but I'm just hoping that no one answered "No"... because I personally feel anyone who did answer no are being over sensitive and childish.

Ensilumi

I don't think I'd be mad at my best friend at all, really. After all, when the offending incident happened, they were five, too and far too young to realize that this could be painful for me. I'd probably wonder why they didn't tell me, but that's all.
I mean really, all it would've taken was a single "Hey, that one time, when we were five, your mom gave me ten bucks to hang out with you."

I think I would be a bit annoyed by my mom, but I'd ask her what her reasoning behind all that was before jumping to conclusions.

Ryven

I think I would actually be closer friends because if he had not been paid since, he would have no incentive to stay other than just being in my company.  Clearly it wasn't the money that was important enough to keep him around for 20 or so years.

Then...I would tease both my friend and my mom by telling him he should have asked for more and guilting my mom by asking her why she only offered $10.