Fable III (Rant on it's awesomness and flaws)

Started by hellcat858, November 09, 2010, 02:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellcat858

This is more of a fanboy shout out to all others who haven't played it or are currently doing so but damn is this game awesome, I mean I have already beaten it twice and I am still looking for more! The story is by far better than the load of crap that was Fable II and the fighting system feels much better aswell saved for this magic system that has stayed too close for comfort to the second games magic system for my likeings however it is executed better I will say, and the melee fighting is great aswell. I haven't had anyone to hook up with online so I cannot say much on that front but I played a few hours of couch co-op with abuddy of mine and had a blast (literally).

So, so far I am enjoying it immensly considering my original thought on it before it came out was Lionhead was just going to continue on with what they had given us before and it would be just as big of a let down as I was and still am a die hard Fable fan starting from it's roots but what they have given us is a very well made game going across the board for good story, good gameplay and good visuals.

/rant over
DM me on Discord!
virus_syndicate

Hemingway

I don't understand what everyone has against Fable 2's story. I thought it was fantastic, better than Fable 3. Granted, the twist with the expedition was pretty good and unexpected.

My main complaint with Fable 3 is really the lack of customization. No more leveling, and there seem to be fewer sets of clothes, hairstyles and so on.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 07:37:05 AM
I don't understand what everyone has against Fable 2's story. I thought it was fantastic, better than Fable 3. Granted, the twist with the expedition was pretty good and unexpected.

My main complaint with Fable 3 is really the lack of customization. No more leveling, and there seem to be fewer sets of clothes, hairstyles and so on.
Fable had leveling?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 09, 2010, 08:35:57 AM
Fable had leveling?

It had experience points, and you could spend those points on upgrades. That's leveling in my book! The whole thing with four different kinds of experience, depending on what weapons you used, getting some choices and character morphing, it was so much better than Fable 3's rather dull system.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 09:17:37 AM
It had experience points, and you could spend those points on upgrades. That's leveling in my book! The whole thing with four different kinds of experience, depending on what weapons you used, getting some choices and character morphing, it was so much better than Fable 3's rather dull system.
It's the same thing. Instead of getting will, strength, skill experience you just get guild seals. You're leveling experience is defined by what chests you open. You can still have the same game play as in Fable 2. Because believe me, opening all the chests is flipping hard.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 09, 2010, 09:21:31 AM
It's the same thing. Instead of getting will, strength, skill experience you just get guild seals. You're leveling experience is defined by what chests you open. You can still have the same game play as in Fable 2. Because believe me, opening all the chests is flipping hard.

It's similar, but to say it's the same thing is a real stretch. And I prefer the system in Fable 2. With character morphing!

hellcat858

Well the new morphing system in Fable III is almost unnoticable saved for the will lines when you charge up a floruish ir a gun / magic skill at a high "level" in something and the wings come out but other than that it is not really there. I mean when you are evil your eyed go dark and your scale goes pale but it isn't as drastic a change as the other two games with demon horns and a trail of deathly pestilence in your wake.

I was glad however that the :) :( :'( :D faces weren't popping up above everyones head though, those were not only annoying but if you got enough of them it would drop my framerate like crazy.
DM me on Discord!
virus_syndicate

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 09:33:15 AM
It's similar, but to say it's the same thing is a real stretch. And I prefer the system in Fable 2. With character morphing!
Nah, it's not really a stretch. It's just less defined, though you don't have to buy things like block, aim, and roll. That was nice. I think the idea to tone down your morphing was so female characters didn't look like dudes in drag at the end of the day. I don't know.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 09, 2010, 11:02:46 AM
Nah, it's not really a stretch. It's just less defined, though you don't have to buy things like block, aim, and roll. That was nice. I think the idea to tone down your morphing was so female characters didn't look like dudes in drag at the end of the day. I don't know.

Yeah, they mentioned that. Hell, I think they even acknowledged that it was more realistic the way they ended up looking in Fable 2, but that realism wasn't, I don't know, what most people wanted?

I'm sure you'll find the exact quote if you look up the dictionary definition of PUSSY OUT.

Haha, no, no, I'm not that bitter.

Oh, I am bitter about one thing, though. My all-good character? Yeah, he looks like he's wearing makeup. I mean, the halo in Fable 2 was pretty silly, but this is just terrible!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 11:16:55 AM
Yeah, they mentioned that. Hell, I think they even acknowledged that it was more realistic the way they ended up looking in Fable 2, but that realism wasn't, I don't know, what most people wanted?

I'm sure you'll find the exact quote if you look up the dictionary definition of PUSSY OUT.

Haha, no, no, I'm not that bitter.

Oh, I am bitter about one thing, though. My all-good character? Yeah, he looks like he's wearing makeup. I mean, the halo in Fable 2 was pretty silly, but this is just terrible!
I never got that look and I'm almost always good. My good character looked fine. Now if you have a big old honking facial tattoo it will glow. But I saw the little good lines and it didn't really look like makeup.  (Says the guy who's used the rebel makeup)

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 09, 2010, 11:21:15 AM
I never got that look and I'm almost always good. My good character looked fine. Now if you have a big old honking facial tattoo it will glow. But I saw the little good lines and it didn't really look like makeup.  (Says the guy who's used the rebel makeup)

Mine has what looks like green/blue eyeshadow. Which it's not, because I checked and there was no makeup to remove!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 09, 2010, 11:27:31 AM
Mine has what looks like green/blue eyeshadow. Which it's not, because I checked and there was no makeup to remove!
I can't say I ever saw that.